OverUnity Research

Electrical / Electronic Devices => Steven Mark's TPU => Topic started by: darkspeed on 2010.01.11, 23:57:40

Title: HF saturable inductor source
Post by: darkspeed on 2010.01.11, 23:57:40
Im guessing the Magamp was the limiting factor in the TPU but these will go over 245k


http://www.metglas.com/products/page5_1_6_4_1_b.asp (http://www.metglas.com/products/page5_1_6_4_1_b.asp)

http://www.metglas.com/downloads/magamp.pdf (http://www.metglas.com/downloads/magamp.pdf)
Title: Re: HF saturable inductor source
Post by: Fraser on 2010.01.12, 04:00:33
Hi darkspeed,

Yes good tip, I have a few kgs of loose on the roll metglass ribbon, it is really fast stuff with very thin hysterisis area so low core losses. I´d like to make a few solid cores with maybe thin epoxy to bind it all together, but I´´ll have to make some kind of bath where the ribbon is fed through and then wound tightly. I´ve wound it loose but it buzzes loudly and alot ofpulse energy gets lost to mechanical movement especially at lower freqs.