OverUnity Research

Motors => Miscellaneous Motors => Topic started by: 4Tesla on 2012.03.29, 07:01:44

Title: Video: Working Gravity Wheel?
Post by: 4Tesla on 2012.03.29, 07:01:44
Has anyone seen this before?

Title: Re: Video: Working Gravity Wheel
Post by: BEP on 2012.03.29, 09:31:40
Yes.

I believe all of the standard causes of a fake system were thrown at it:

Mr. Hand
Hidden batteries and a reed switch
Motor driven fishing line
Off screen air compressor
motor with magnets under the table
etc.
etc.
etc.

It was comical.

As for reasons for it to work....there were a couple of thoughts but they were quickly ground into dust.
Title: Re: Video: Working Gravity Wheel
Post by: ArtistGuy on 2012.03.29, 17:39:28
Quote from: WaveWatcher on 2012.03.29, 09:31:40
Yes.

I believe all of the standard causes of a fake system were thrown at it:

Off screen air compressor

It was comical.

There is a distinct air release sound when the rear of the caddy for the magnet is lifted up (0:53?)...coinciding exactly with the raising of the rear of it, and stopping when put back level. I surmise the magnet engages a pin valve or the caddy does, and when lifted up, instead of a trickle, we heard the flood.


Title: Re: Video: Working Gravity Wheel
Post by: 4Tesla on 2012.03.29, 18:06:34
...
Title: Re: Video: Working Gravity Wheel
Post by: 4Tesla on 2012.03.29, 18:17:58
Okay.. I think we know how it was done.. It is using compressed air, but the audio track has been edited and replaced with rolling ball... he messed up at :57 of the video.

HOAX.
Title: Re: Video: Working Gravity Wheel?
Post by: Farmhand on 2012.03.29, 21:40:23
I actually think the compressed air sound is only a distraction and the wheel is turned by
the action of a slowly rotated wheel with strong magnets on it located under the bench.

If it was the compressed air though, the plates that connect the two halves of the wheel
are flat and would give good resistance to a stream of air.

It doesn't really matter though there are hundreds of ways it could be done.

The veproject1 you tube channel seems to have taken down the numerous other fake
perpetual motion machine video's they did have up before.

They say it is for education. I think they confuse more you tube viewers than they educate.

Cheers