If you're interested in a little "mental therapy", you might try this.
Here's a CES unit I designed quite some time ago. It works great and the battery lasts for about 2 years.
The device alternates the direction of current so as not to polarize the cells. Fashion a couple of ear clips (or buy them), use some conductive gel (for skin applications) and give it a try.
Caution, any sort of entrainment device if used improperly (i.e. too long of use, or too high or too low a pulse rate for too long) can leave one feeling rather lethargic, or super-energized. I would advise reading up on brain waves and on these devices before using one.
Here are a couple places you can get started:
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranial_electrotherapy_stimulation)
A Unique Non-drug Therapy (http://home.comcast.net/~charlesmccusker/website.htm)
The Effect of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (CES) on Pain Associated with Fibromyalgia - A Clinical Study (http://www.alpha-stim.com/repository/assets/pdf/cork-ces.pdf)
.99
I just noticed this post on CES.
Any chance the 'super energizing' can be localized to a body part?
Maybe this requires brain cells in the effected area. If so, my wife says there is no hope for me no matter where I apply it.
Aww come on there is always hope.
8)
I haven't tried it on "localized" areas. I would expect it to have similar results no matter where the stimulus is applied....still cerebral.
Try a nap then use the device for 20 minutes at between 18 and 20Hz after you wake. Your wife may be inclined to keep you around after all ;)
.99
Uh Huh... ???
Instead of "pull my finger" it'll be "pull my arbitrary waveform generator switch".... "Oh Please! Pull my arbitrary waveform generator switch!"
When I was about 10 I got caught wiring my brother with a toy train transformer, buzzing relay and a nine-volt battery. He never woke up in a good mood when I did it. Maybe I can see if it works on my wife?