OverUnity Research

Electrical / Electronic Theory and Learning Center => Learning & Reference Material => Topic started by: Erfinder on 2013.11.07, 15:26:41

Title: Sine to Square
Post by: Erfinder on 2013.11.07, 15:26:41



Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Paul-R on 2013.11.07, 15:59:25
I remember a technique called the Fourier Series, and if you add up the effects of many sine waves, you get a resultant waveform which may look quite unexpected.

If you add a certain set of sine waves at various amplitudes and frequncies, you will get almost anything, including a square wave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_series

I suspect that your coils in their special configuration are creating sine waves which just happen to add up to what is needed to result in a square wave.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Peterae on 2013.11.07, 16:24:56
Ah you beat me to it, it's having the correct quantity of harmonics.

I have worked the other way if you feed a square wave into a tuned cap/inductor tuned to different harmonics of the square frequency you get nice sine waves produced, in other words it's possible to take a square wave and show that it's constituents are lots of sine waves at harmonic frequencies, so therefore you are making lots of harmonics, the higher order of harmonics would give a squarer square wave, if certain harmonics are missing then the square wave will not be so square.

Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Peterae on 2013.11.07, 17:37:17
Indeed i did notice, looks like the constituent sines were off frequency or thew wrong frequencies to produce a square wave.

What i will say is that if an Inductor with a core is pulsed you will get a sinewave, but if you start saturating the core with a magnet, the sine will start squaring off as the saturation increases.
Probably needs someone more educated than myself to look it over.  O0
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Peterae on 2013.11.07, 17:51:43
No problem Erfinder thanks for coming over to OUR, i find your setup interesting in that the square is so square.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: BEP on 2013.11.07, 18:13:17
Erfinder,

The scope display indicates that you have the mechanical generation of the Gibbs phenomenon. The frequency of the oscillation on the horizontal portions of the square wave would be determined by the quantity of harmonics and resulting frequencies generating the square wave.

This does happen in the mechanical world. I was witness to the damage done by a multipole motor that eventually separated form the mounts and left crushed concrete footprints as it traveled down the isle. The distance between the marks increased the further it traveled until it finally slammed on the floor in the final resting place.

That motor probably weighed between 1 and 2 tons.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Duncan on 2013.11.07, 19:01:00
my first try here erfinder  ;)Is there such a thing as an odd harmonic ? Perhaps in some of the  music scales like our western scale which was truncated by Issac Newton to facilitate the matching of church bells. And on  key boards, or else each octave would require its own infinite keyboard as explained by EPD here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9N34dawm00
However I would venture to suggest that natures keyboard   has no such limits. And is infinite with what is effectively even numbers (harmonics) and odd numbers (overtones) and so an overtone is never a harmonic and a harmonic is never "odd" (unless your counting incorrectly.) Normally of course you just ignore twaddle like "odd harmonic"as an irrelevant slip of the tongue by a musician :-[ as they can have common harmonics and overtones, but as erfinder you are concerned essentially with the composition of a waveforms to the infinite it is important to draw the distinction. Apart from that we still know nothing of this thing .. Its a very nice build .. what's driving it ? Hows it wired what's Its ambition ? You also erfinder use the term "perfect square wave" I'm sure your only to well aware that no such thing exists .. after all nothing can change state in zero time can it? There can neither be a perfect sine or cosine wave both being made up of the infinite ... infinitesimal residue of the other . When building a signal generator a "clean sine" is required as its construction embraces all the other waveforms. The infinite progressions that make square and sine wave you seem au fait with ... but not the concept of a clean or dirty Sine wave which makes perfect sense to a Radio Ham or a HT grid engineer ... The waveform has a high impulse content ... very bad power factor or put another way is very nearly resonant... A condition where things start exploding. It may seem like I am splitting hairs erfinder correcting your odd harmonic and your perfect square wave but you are contemplating chaos ... infinity ... the infinitesimal ... and irregular numbers I guess to try and get the very basic picture right with the right language is a good start! Who knows I may be wrong myself and have the wrong vision and be corrected in turn,  however at the moment its certainly different to yours  so here's the first coconut to throw your ball at ... A Harmonic is not and never can be odd  (unity accepted) O0

Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: TinMan on 2013.11.07, 19:16:20
It was interesting to note that the square wave started to turn to a sign wave just as the ringing started on the rise and fall of voltage. But why the voltage was stedy(top horizontal trace) there was no ringing?.So the voltage rang while it increased,and also while it decreased,but not while at it's peak.
Interesting stuff erfinder
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: ion on 2013.11.07, 20:21:39
This certainly deserves a closer look, and if you can point to the threads showing the exact physical and electrical build or post that info here, it will be much appreciated.

It would be interesting to hook the output of your generator to a loudspeaker an listen to the effect as it passes from square to sine on the rundown. The frequency should be in the audible range. Maybe make a .wav file for us to listen to. Could be very interesting.

Thank you for posting this neat effect here and for your hard work and good builds.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Duncan on 2013.11.07, 22:16:32
I Certainly didn't mean to ruffle feathers erfinder :-[ ... and I'm sure if nothing else its directed peoples thoughts back to Fourier transforms and waveform constructs. It is not attitude you are  reading from me erfinder it is aggressive questioning not only of your machine but also of my own view of things. C.C There are many sites that will call overtones harmonics ... there are even some (and alas you found one) that will just use either anywhere .. and refer to harmonics as odd . I believe a natural square wave has very special qualities and that its composition is entirely different to a sine wave. .that bit however I have never seen in any of the books...except perhaps Dollards, Its also missing from Fourier's. I probe not you erfinder but an area of physics that seems to have been whitewashed out. I'm sure your machine does something quite special , I also suspect you want to know why. The word overtone ... like wireless had a very specific meaning and its been smudged and fallen into disrepair  much like Tesla's wireless .. you'll find it used correctly regarding Xtal oscillators following harmonic or overtone progression to many Mhz. As for where you picked up information does it matter ? Only in so much as if its wrong you jettison it, and sort the right stuff out. I'm sure now every one is eager to see more and so I'll withdraw gracefully regards D  O0
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: muDped on 2013.11.07, 23:10:42
The discussion regarding "overtones" and/or "harmonics"
may be a good thing.  It seems that the preference for
either term is dependent upon training, application and
age.

Both terms define some multiple of a frequency of basis
and most technical folk consider them to be equivalent
terms;  they're just used a little differently.

Those with a scientific bent seem to prefer "harmonic"
while those with a musical bent seem to prefer "overtone."
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: BEP on 2013.11.08, 02:51:43
Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.07, 18:35:14
Now that was interesting......in your opinion can this phenomena be put to good use?

Regards

I'm not sure. In fact, I'm failing to think where such action may already be used.

If you were to ask some motor/generator manufacturer to build you a device that produces square waves as well defined as your device outputs I have serious doubts that any would succeed.

This is quite impressive and it is making me curious.

----

I discounted some of the eye-witness reports on that run-away motor as exaggerations but maybe they weren't.
One description used the term 'bouncing gyroscope', 'seemed to hover and ten slam on the floor'. I'm glad I missed it  O0

The cause was incorrect installation. They had the field leads reversed (DC spindle motor), the motor raced and went out of balance. 
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Duncan on 2013.11.08, 06:29:53
Hi Dumped – Thanks for your comment and  I'm going to vigorously disagree with you and try my very best to discover a web page that puts these things into the correct context . I didn't of course mean to demonstrate "attitude" regarding erfinders machine I find it interesting, However as he says I have been introduced to it else where . I posted a video and to be honest I can't remember if it was in relation to this machine or another however this was the video and the reason I posted it .. square wave to sine at resonance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQvqTpBdiQ

The response to it and the fact that I openly stated the content under the arc the could only produce specific waveforms was ridiculed. (call it attitude if you want) now Dumped I really don't mind that in fact if I'm wrong I rather appreciate it if people take the time to point out the error forcefully and concisely so I may learn myself. Anyway it didn't happen on this occasion as I say just ridicule. For that very reason  I have been at pains to try and point out the whys of the matter .. it certainly isn't anything to do with erfinder I like his work and appreciate his comments. The fact is dumped it seems I have failed to covey the importance of this distinction to you also and IMHO its the key to every free energy machine ever made.  Although there are only patches of the theory and physics left, however amongst other things the meaning of Tesla's statement

"If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe."

with the 3rd and 9th principle overtones being present on the cumulative resonate 6th  It becomes quickly apparent, If what I indicate here is correct dumped (and I sincerely believe it is) then a little thought will tell you there is a whole different way to divide electricity quite apart from volts amps leading and lagging and all the rest of the tosh we have learnt that simply "doesn't fit" the machines we are making.
A way that we simply don't have the basic principles to handle because they have been hidden and suppressed. I was recently asked to consider the old nut Peter Daveys water heater which I have a rather jaundice view of ... I really don't like the abstract cutting little bits off here and there and trying various shapes ... than tune to some thing in a way I don't understand ... and then it doesn't work when you take it somewhere else anyway . And truth be known you didn't really know why it worked in the first place ... well if that's engineering I'll go to the foot of our stairs!.. My Mathematics is nothing like as good as it was in my youth and truth be known even then it was a bit "slap stick" however I consider the distinction so very important that I will attempt to open a thread on it . I see MJN is on this forum and as a lot of this is rather the mirror inverse of a system he used for water fracture so I'm rather hoping he will chip in a little .... I'm sure you all,.. including you erfinder now see why I thought it so important to defend my corner, I am like  Theseus emerging slowly from the maze clutching a feeble thread . These Theories from years past the work of Tesla Steinmetz and the like (you know the stuff that worked)  needs careful exhumation and examination . However I realise now most people and web page information are as awry as you and dumped ... I will go and see if I can start a thread explaining a little of it  right away. And leave your thread in peace ..  again apologies if you got the impression I have an attitude thing with you personally I certainly do not ! and I realise the subject itself is to big to include as a chapter on your thread .. sorry for the distraction
Kind Regards D




Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: EMdevices on 2013.11.08, 18:23:42
That's interesting Erfinder.  Accurate name as well.  So this is simply a generator? Or you have a drive circuit?  Initially i thought i was looking at the drive signal ( 50 % duty) and when it hit resonance it went to a sine wave.

EM
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: EMdevices on 2013.11.08, 19:32:17
Interesting, so load is resistive? capacitive? 

Ill wait for those videos, thanks.

EM
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: BEP on 2013.11.11, 17:34:45
Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.11, 14:38:18
The effect of interest here is how the "Buffer" capacitor (capacitor which is paralleled with the power supply) is charged to a higher voltage than the supply after I shut the system down.  I have built several different pulse motors over the years, and have followed the work of other researchers with great interest.  I have never seen anyone demonstrate this effect before.

Erfinder,

May I suggest that you read up on 'motor regeneration'. This is where the motor becomes a generator because drive is decreased or removed and there is enough angular momentum to keep the motor shaft turning for a bit. Throw a resistor across the cap and you have dynamic braking  O0

In short, if the cap is connected to the motor input and power is removed from the cap-motor circuit, I would expect the charge on the cap to be higher than the driving voltage. How long that higher charge remains depends upon the rest of the cap-motor circuit.

Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: BEP on 2013.11.11, 23:12:33
I suggested that regeneration may be a cause as this is a well known factor to be dealt with in AC and DC drive/motor systems.

Regeneration resistors are switched onto the DC bus to absorb this motor momentum energy, provide braking for diesel locomotives, slow the decent of elevators and you will find such circuitry on almost every axis of multi-axis machine tool systems. When the regen resistor circuit fails the resulting condition is 'bus over-voltage'.

If your motor outputs a voltage when power is removed and the motor is still turning regeneration is occurring.
If your motor doesn't do that,,, well, you have designed a very unique motor. From your motor drawing I can say the motor is quite normal in that it will also act as a generator.

Considering blocking diodes, yes, depending on how the diode is wired any regeneration current should be blocked from charging the capacitor. Even when you consider diode junction capacitance it is very unlikely regeneration would charge the capacitor because unusually high frequencies would be the only thing passed by such capacitance.

So, I'll now assume a blocking diode is employed to block regen current. And that throws regeneration out the window for charging the cap.

I'll just sit back and keep quiet until I see enough detail to answer your questions intelligently.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: ion on 2013.11.12, 15:10:48
Erfinder:

I'm impressed with the quality of your builds and your clear explanation of your findings. i especially like the simplification of the experiment to a 2 coil device.

One thing I was not clear on was the magnet position on the rotor.

As an experiment (if you have not already done this) try driving your rotor with a small toy motor, observing power input from your power supply. A small motor will allow more careful plotting of input power due to lower bearing friction and lighter brush drag.

See if this changes when you initially load the system with a capacitor. You can also vary the speed and note the wave shape at various speeds and the transition point to see if the loading changes.

Maybe I have missed the point that this setup must be driven from a FET pulse, but it seems to work when spun by hand. I made these suggestions with that understanding.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Allcanadian on 2013.11.13, 16:26:06
Hey Erfinder

Ok I'm on board as I have built similar devices and have a few machines which can be easily changed to this layout however I have a few questions.

I see your using an N channel mosfet is this an IRFP460?, as well how are you switching the mosfet and when?

I'm pretty confident I know what is happening as I have built similar devices however real world testing is the only way to know for sure.

Regards
AC
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: ion on 2013.11.14, 18:31:47
Erfinder quote:

Quotehow does one concentrate the flux without simultaneously increasing the circuits electrical inertia?  The answer is simple, and you won't find it in any text book, even though its as obvious as the nose on a face.

My nose is kinda big and gets into trouble sometimes. Is the question: how do you concentrate flux without using ferromagnetic materials?

If so, I would use another coreless electromagnet properly positioned to steer flux e.g. two bucking electromagnets in close proximity produce an intense orthogonal radial field to the magnets central axis. There are other modalities.

By the way, my suggestion to use a small motor to drive your generator was just so there was no pulsing or electrical input so that you could observe the output unfettered with active circuitry at both low and high speeds and throughout the range. By observing the delta of current required by the small motor you could correlate various loads and look for anomalies.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: EMdevices on 2013.11.19, 14:06:55
Sounds like the coils are resonant, thats what pushes output higher then back emf would generate.  So its regeneration with a twist.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Grumpy on 2013.11.19, 15:16:37
http://www.veoh.com/

Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.05.29, 00:28:17
Does anyone who was around back when Erfinder was posting in this thread remember the coil configuration pictures he showed to produce the sine to square wave? 

He had made a post showing them but then deleted it.  The thread can still be partially recalled using the waybackmachine.com, but unfortunately it doesn't save the attachments.  https://web.archive.org/web/20131123080618/overunityresearch.com (https://web.archive.org/web/20131123080618/overunityresearch.com)

Thanks for any insight,

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Verpies on 2025.05.29, 04:53:32
Quote from: web000x on 2025.05.29, 00:28:17
The thread can still be partially recalled using the waybackmachine.com, but unfortunately it doesn't save the attachments. 
What is the thread title ?
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: gyula on 2025.05.29, 10:45:28
Quote from: verpies on 2025.05.29, 04:53:32
What is the thread title ?

The same thread we are now in.  https://web.archive.org/web/20131123165104/http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2248.msg34702;topicseen#msg34702 (https://web.archive.org/web/20131123165104/http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2248.msg34702;topicseen#msg34702)   Reply #26 
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: gyula on 2025.05.30, 15:26:12
Quote from: web000x on 2025.05.29, 00:28:17

Does anyone who was around back when Erfinder was posting in this thread remember the coil configuration pictures he showed to produce the sine to square wave? 


Hi Dave,

I believe I found the Bucking versus series.png picture on my old hard drive but I cannot find  Picture 155.jpg and Picture 156.jpg ones,  probably I did not save them.

The picture I attach is very likely the 3rd one Erfinder uploaded to his deleted post. I hope I am not mistaken.

Gyula 




Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.05.30, 20:38:26
Quote from: gyula on 2025.05.30, 15:26:12


Hi Dave,

I believe I found the Bucking versus series.png picture on my old hard drive but I cannot find  Picture 155.jpg and Picture 156.jpg ones,  probably I did not save them.

The picture I attach is very likely the 3rd one Erfinder uploaded to his deleted post. I hope I am not mistaken.

Gyula

Thank you Gyula.  I had found that one somewhere years ago when scavenging the internet for Erfinder insights.  It's too bad that the schematic doesn't add much insight without a picture of the coils' actual position with relation to the rotor.  I appreciate your efforts.

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: gyula on 2025.05.30, 22:46:00
Hi Dave,

Thinking on his coils position with bucking poles to compress their magnetic flux, there has to be a certain angle for the coils axis where the resulting inductance
of their series connection is very close to their resulting inductance found in normal series connection.
This would be needed to make comparable input power for the two cases in the schematic, for bucking coils may have less or more resulting inductance, depending on their magnetic coupling
(positive or negative mutual inductance influencing the resulting inductance).

Here this is discussed under subtitle Differentially Coupled Series Inductors https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/inductor/series-inductors.html  (https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/inductor/series-inductors.html)
The two coils are drawn to have a common axis i.e. the bucking poles face each other, giving much lower resulting inductance for the series coil (coupling dependent of course).
Of course the facing magnetic S poles indicated in the middle do not cancel but their flux are compressed, making the field more dense.

Thoughts are welcome. Erfinder wrote a few times he was not interested in measuring input or output power but we cannot assume he was not aware of the reducing inductance for the bucking coils case...   :D

Hopefully a member here will find the missing pictures to learn about his coil positions.

Gyula
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Verpies on 2025.05.31, 13:04:36
Quote from: gyula on 2025.05.30, 15:26:12
I believe I found the Bucking versus series.png picture on my old hard drive but I cannot find  Picture 155.jpg and Picture 156.jpg ones,  probably I did not save them.
Peterae must have them in an old backup.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: F6FLT on 2025.06.07, 08:05:26
The two configurations are identical in principle, the only difference being the value of the equivalent inductance L=L1+L2+2M, where M is the mutual inductance.

Depending on whether the series connection is normal or bucking, M is positive or negative. In the latter case, the inductance is much lower, favoring higher frequencies and leading to the possibility of resonance at certain frequencies of the square-wave signal spectrum. Moreover, operation is considerably altered between the two cases, as the parasitic capacitances of the transistor, diodes and windings no longer have the same relative impedance to that of the equivalent inductance. The 2 circuits can therefore behave completely differently, so comparing them is of little relevance.

The force between the 2 coils is attractive in the 1st case and repulsive in the second, but this is only a mutual influence of the charges circulating in the two coils. As far as the magnetic field is concerned, we can't say there's any "compression": there is a simple superposition of the fields and the forces are only on the charges.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Peterae on 2025.07.04, 19:11:32
Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.12, 09:21:45
Wavewatcher,

Please don't misunderstand, I truly appreciate your suggestion, I have looked into it, however, "bench tests" have revealed time and time again that  pulse motors under normal circumstances don't allow you to capitalize on the generator action when you pull the plug.  I have tried them all, from B€dini to Adams and everything in between, and multiple variations of all of them, none allow you to do what I have found.  I don't know if you are in the position to test what I have suggested, if you can please do so.  If you cannot I understand.  It is extremely important that you experience the effect first hand, see the difference for yourself. 

It seems to me that the effect is more like a capacitor discharge.  The the speed and intensity of the charging is likened to that experienced when a capacitor is made to charge another capacitor.  When the system is properly balanced, there is no drag produced during this charging period, regardless of the size of the buffer capacitor.  This has to be experienced to believe.  I am not asking anyone to take my word for anything, nor believe what you see in the videos, I am suggesting, asking, as humbly as I know how for those who are in the position to test, do so.  Experience this for yourself. 

Attached is the basic two coil setup that generates the effect.  There are two six strand coils.  Coil one has all of its strands paralleled, the same is done with coil two.  The coils are then configured in Bucking series (Natural Series).   

Inductance = 13.7mH
Resistance  = 0.8 ohm

You are not limited to the values that I have mentioned here...if you are going to use cored solenoids like I am showing here, I recommend you use coils which have higher inductance than mine.  When you connect the coils in this manner, the scope will show the second wave in the Fourier Series.  That is the indication that you have setup the device correctly.

Orthogonal air cores outperform iron core coils.  I believe this is because the iron doesn't allow the higher frequency oscillations to manifest, choke.  We don't want a choke.   


Regards
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: gyula on 2025.07.04, 19:40:19
Great find Peter,  thanks for your searching efforts.

Gyula
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.05, 05:37:48
Thank you, Peter.  This adds some much needed visual context to the messages of Erfinder's that I have archived.

I find the individual strand butt splicing between the two coils to be particularly interesting.  This seems like it would lend a layer of capacitive energy storage and exchange between the two multi-filar solenoids.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Peterae on 2025.07.12, 18:09:20
All the posts i could find between 7th-12th
Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.07, 16:13:29
Hi Paul,

I left that part out.  It is the Fourier Transform!  I'll show you the reason why in another post.  This machine and a few of my other machines, generate a series of odd harmonics which seem to go infinite, and generate this perfect square.  I knew this was the right forum.

Regards

Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.07, 16:45:40
The question I have yet to see, is how is this possible with a generator?  Generators don't operate in this manner.  As you pointed out, its common knowledge how to do this using solid state components, but never have I seen it done using a simple configuration of coils, and magnets.  When you saw the video, did you note how when the wave makes its transition to or from the square, how the wave rings?

Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.07, 17:43:16
There is no magnet biasing.....core is not saturated, normal induction taking place.  The same effect can be generated using air core systems, I will demonstrate this.  Thanks for looking at this, and setting up this thread...its truly appreciated.

Regards

Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.07, 18:35:14
Now that was interesting......in your opinion can this phenomena be put to good use?

Regards

Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.07, 20:04:12
The odd harmonic concept did not originate with me, I borrowed it from the Fourier Transform while trying to understand what is taking place in this machine, the term infinite was also borrowed from the Fourier transform and applied.  Calling it a perfect square was me expressing joy in seeing how clean this wave is.  Regarding how the device is wired, I showed you this already on the thread you opened in the energetic forum, I will be doing a new series of videos showing my ignorance of how to read a scope, and walk the viewers through how this and other machines I have built are configured.

Honestly I don't feel you are justified in trying to correct me with regards to my "perfect square, and odd harmonic" statements, you weren't aware of where I adopted these ideas from, so I take no offense and do not stand corrected.  If this is the attitude that I have to look forward to then there really is no point sharing anything at all, it would be nice if I could just put the information out there before someone tears my years of work down before a single thing is shown.  I think I shared this view with you before... There will be time for you to run all over this thing if that's your thing, and when you do, your statements will either be profound and you will have my undivided attention, or you will deliver more of what you are giving me now, and I'll ignore you, ignoring you would be the gentleman thing to do.   As I value your opinion, and your level head, I hope it doesn't come to that.  With that being said, I wont respond to the remainder of your post in the hope that we can start over once I have uploaded more information.  I am not an EE 99% of what you stated above went in one of my ears and out the other anyway.  That is not an insult its actually a good thing, not caring about what the text says, whats possible and whats not has allowed me to find something that I have never seen before, namely, a generator that has a square wave output.  I might be so bold as to say, a practical use for harmonic distortion...organized chaos.....ignorance is bliss...don't ruin it for me.

Regards

Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.08, 19:09:51
Hello EMdevices,

This is a generator.  I spin it by hand and show the wave form (sine) that it generates with no load attached to it.  I then stop it, attach the load, and then spin it again, this time it generates the square wave.  I'm working on new videos which I hope will make a few of the simple things clear.

Regards

Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.08, 19:46:13
Load is a 4700uF 400v capacitor, charged via a full wave bridge.  The cap is shorted by a 100 watt incandescent lamp. 

Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.11, 14:38:18
I am sorry to report that I still haven't shot those new videos, please forgive the delay, in the meantime I am providing the following video.



The effect of interest here is how the "Buffer" capacitor (capacitor which is paralleled with the power supply) is charged to a higher voltage than the supply after I shut the system down.  I have built several different pulse motors over the years, and have followed the work of other researchers with great interest.  I have never seen anyone demonstrate this effect before.  See video description for more details.

I have been able to get this effect with any circuit that I attach to this coil configuration.  I am positive someone will ask for a schematic, my response is that the effect isn't limited to any particular drive circuit, you can use any basic non inductively triggered circuit.  Coil to coil communication is important.  The attached drawing shows how coils are connected in the machine in the video.  I call this connection "Natural Series" (refer to attached image titled:  connections.  I will elaborate on why I call it that at a later date.  If you try this with standard solenoid style coils, the wave form that you should generate with these connections is the second in the Fourier Series...(the combination of the 1st and 3rd harmonics) refer to attached image titled :Fourier.  That has been my experience, for your viewing pleasure, here is an example of me generating the second waveform in the Fourier Series with one of my machines, I also attached a picture of the motor, and its waveform.  My inspiration came from B€dini, he also generated this wave form, in the beginning I thought it was the magnetic circuit that made it possible, imagine my surprise when I found that it was the coil connections. 



Regards

Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.11, 19:01:41
If you have a pulse motor, which is not configured like mine, one which is triggered by anything except an inductor, please run it and show me how it lifts your (capacitor paralleled with, and isolated from via diodes) supply higher than the supply voltage.  I have tried, and cannot make it happen.  My opinion, this isn't an effect which should be summed up as simple "motor regeneration".

Please show me your motor doing this.....I can show you at least two diametrically opposed geometries which do it, air core, iron core, high or low inductance, it doesn't matter.  These same machines can be rewired , consume the same amount of current, and  operate at the same rpm.  After they have been rewired (how we wire everything...) however, they will not show this effect, regardless of  how much "angular momentum" is stored up in the rotor.


Regards

Post already shown previously with 3 pics
Quote from: Erfinder on 2013.11.12, 09:21:45
Wavewatcher,

Please don't misunderstand, I truly appreciate your suggestion, I have looked into it, however, "bench tests" have revealed time and time again that  pulse motors under normal circumstances don't allow you to capitalize on the generator action when you pull the plug.  I have tried them all, from B€dini to Adams and everything in between, and multiple variations of all of them, none allow you to do what I have found.  I don't know if you are in the position to test what I have suggested, if you can please do so.  If you cannot I understand.  It is extremely important that you experience the effect first hand, see the difference for yourself. 

It seems to me that the effect is more like a capacitor discharge.  The the speed and intensity of the charging is likened to that experienced when a capacitor is made to charge another capacitor.  When the system is properly balanced, there is no drag produced during this charging period, regardless of the size of the buffer capacitor.  This has to be experienced to believe.  I am not asking anyone to take my word for anything, nor believe what you see in the videos, I am suggesting, asking, as humbly as I know how for those who are in the position to test, do so.  Experience this for yourself. 

Attached is the basic two coil setup that generates the effect.  There are two six strand coils.  Coil one has all of its strands paralleled, the same is done with coil two.  The coils are then configured in Bucking series (Natural Series).   

Inductance = 13.7mH
Resistance  = 0.8 ohm

You are not limited to the values that I have mentioned here...if you are going to use cored solenoids like I am showing here, I recommend you use coils which have higher inductance than mine.  When you connect the coils in this manner, the scope will show the second wave in the Fourier Series.  That is the indication that you have setup the device correctly.

Orthogonal air cores outperform iron core coils.  I believe this is because the iron doesn't allow the higher frequency oscillations to manifest, choke.  We don't want a choke.   


Regards
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: gyula on 2025.07.12, 21:21:55
Hi Peter,

Thank you!

Gyula
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.13, 16:37:57
Your efforts are MUCH appreciated!! Thank you, Peter!
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Magluvin on 2025.07.17, 20:51:20
is anyone doing any fiddling with this?

according to the circuit, the one with bucking coils, he said about having concentrated field.

so the magnets on the rotor must be in bucking config with the coils when aligned.

or could it be he has bucking coils within each left and right coil assy?

have to read it all a couple times more

mags
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.18, 02:33:38
I plan on fiddling with this.  I have been slowly working my way back into the lab for a replication.  I was on the verge of tossing out some old "junk" servomotor rotors but pulled them out of the box and started cleaning them off to begin planning a build.  I have enough 26 AWG wire to make two coils roughly the same size depicted in the images from this thread that Peter recovered.  By my calculations, I should have a higher inductance and resistance than he states in this thread but that is okay per the attached post screenshot.  I also found reading back over the Erfinder_2a document to be enlightening on coil winding methods among other subtle details.  I plan on re-reading all of my archived Erfinder posts once more before I begin construction just for good measure.

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Magluvin on 2025.07.18, 16:39:19
thanks for the pdf.  ill look at it tonight.

mags
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.23, 16:49:05
Hey Mags and anyone else interested,

Here are a couple of documents that I have compiled consisting of Erfinder's posts.  The ERFINDER ARCHIVE.pdf is a compilation of screenshots that I had taken with my iPad and then OCR'd the document so it is searchable and the Erfinder Quotes.pdf is a pdf of where I copied and pasted his replies into a document.  A lot of the posts he made at overunity.com are still preserved within these documents.

Take Care,

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: gyula on 2025.07.23, 22:48:14
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your arduous work to compile erfinder's posts. 

If only I knew what advantage his motor-generator combo (producing the square wave) had...   :D   Have you managed to figure it out? 

Gyula
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.24, 18:33:51
Quote from: gyula on 2025.07.23, 22:48:14
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your arduous work to compile erfinder's posts. 

If only I knew what advantage his motor-generator combo (producing the square wave) had...   :D   Have you managed to figure it out? 

Gyula

I'm not 100% sure where it will lead as I've not seen it on the bench yet but I do know it was one of the beginning discoveries which lead Erfinder down his path.  It is worth investigating.  Here is a quote from him regarding the squaring of the wave.

QuoteWhen the square wave manifests, that's when you begin to store the CEMF which is in
opposition to the applied EMF .... this stored up CEMF then discharges back into the primary when you stop driving the device as a
motor ...

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Magluvin on 2025.07.25, 21:46:28
Quote from: gyula on 2025.07.23, 22:48:14
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your arduous work to compile erfinder's posts. 

If only I knew what advantage his motor-generator combo (producing the square wave) had...   :D   Have you managed to figure it out? 

Gyula

when i had talked with steve a few years ago, he described the thing as a motor that had no or very little cemf, in which there is no stopping point of max current.  the faster it went, the more curret it wanted so rpms would simply increase because no cemf to counter the input as the motor sped up.  so most likely pwm input to control the speed and torque/hp that you want

at that time, he was going for very expensive wire and caps. stuff not readily avalable to just anybody, except maybe nasa and such. the wire could only be had by order and then make what you need.

how he was redirecting the cemf away from the input is something he had yet to fully explain.

mags
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: gyula on 2025.07.26, 14:42:08
Dave and Mags,

Thank you guys for the answers.

I started reading Erfinder's posts, hopefully I can figure out something useful by reading between his lines...

Gyula

Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.07.27, 03:33:03
Quote from: gyula on 2025.07.26, 14:42:08
Dave and Mags,

Thank you guys for the answers.

I started reading Erfinder's posts, hopefully I can figure out something useful by reading between his lines...

Gyula

Echoing Gyula's thanks for compiling guys. Very much appreciated.

Well, isn't this interesting. I've also run my pulse motor with generator bucking coils and noticed similar effects. So much so that I've integrated bucking coils into an oscillating double infinity loop using a dozen coils. The drawback I'm finding seems to have been solved by using multi-strand coils.

From a quick read through, it seems Erfinder has setup two caduceus coils using the additional effect of multiple fields reconciling in each coil instead of two standard coils just going head to head.

I'm really interested to see how the magnet rotor is structured if anyone has a picture?
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: chief kolbacict on 2025.07.27, 05:54:50
Is this device the same?  ;)
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.07.27, 11:11:35
Quote from: chief kolbacict on 2025.07.27, 05:54:50
Is this device the same?  ;)

Not quite, but I owe you a beer and a hug for posting that image.

I've got 12 counterwound coils I can wire up like this - just need to rotate the top row 60°. As is, I could short at 2500 rpm (500V) and drop input current by nearly a third.

Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.27, 17:00:05
Quote from: unimmortal on 2025.07.27, 03:33:03
Well, isn't this interesting. I've also run my pulse motor with generator bucking coils and noticed similar effects. So much so that I've integrated bucking coils into an oscillating double infinity loop using a dozen coils. The drawback I'm finding seems to have been solved by using multi-strand coils.

Are you getting a squared waveform from this arrangement?

Quote from: unimmortal on 2025.07.27, 03:33:03
I'm really interested to see how the magnet rotor is structured if anyone has a picture?

Erfinder Quote regarding the rotor:
QuoteThere are six magnets in the rotor, 60° spacing.  They alternate NSNSNS.  When the device is operated as a motor the circuit fires 3 times per revolution.



I ended up winding one coil with three strands of 26 awg.  My calculations were off regarding wire length so I need another spool of 26 awg to complete the 2nd coil.  My plan is to test two coils in trifilar configuration before splitting the windings to finalize 6-filar coils.  My inductance of a single strand is 375mH air core and resistance is 110 Ohms/37 Ohms paralleled, a bit higher than anything suggested by Erfinder but 6 filar should get me down to 93mH and 55 Ohms single/9 Ohms paralleled.  However, I am able to produce a square wave when loading the single coil down with a FWBR to RC load.  I need to clean up my bench and I will get a video showing the effect.

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Magluvin on 2025.07.28, 14:34:22
hey dave
3 strands
  were they wound together, next to each other, or more randome for each?

mags
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.28, 15:47:12
Quote from: Magluvin on 2025.07.28, 14:34:22
hey dave
3 strands
  were they wound together, next to each other, or more randome for each?

mags

The strands were wound next to each other the best I could do while spooling it with a hand drill and guiding the wires.  There were many times the wires would separate and wind along their own paths, creating non-uniform impedance, so there is definitely some randomness to it.  I tried to get a video last night but the video quality wasn't good because of vibrations.  When I tried film another, my drill battery had died which I was using to spin the rotor.  On top of that, my HVAC condenser fan went out last night during this heat wave so I didn't get great sleep and have been contending with that.  I will attempt to get another video before going to work today.

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.28, 21:14:03
Here is the video that shows the squaring of the wave.  The waveform is compared to an aircore motor to show that there is definitely a squaring that occurs.  This phenomena is in line with what Erfinder said in this thread but I remember seeing a live demonstration he showed where the wave morphed from a sine to a square in a smooth transition.  I'm not sure how he accomplished that but I haven't finished fully building a test fixture either.  Attached is a picture of the welding-rod-core coil used to create the square wave.

https://youtu.be/dY_Vfd2MYME (https://youtu.be/dY_Vfd2MYME)

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Allcanadian on 2025.07.29, 15:41:19
I think this effect is easy to explain and like most effects relating to FE we need to pay close attention to first principals.

For example, suppose we have a changing magnetic field which induces coil A causing a current flow to the right. Coil A >>>>>>
The same magnetic field also induces an identical coil B causing a current flow to the left. <<<<<< Coil B.

Now if we connect coils A and B bucking or in series opposition we get Coil A>>>>>> <<<<<< Coil B.

We can see that when two potentials or currents are trying to move in opposition in the same wire they come to rest. The "forces" balance and it is the force acting over a distance which is the cause of any motion or current.

The problem is many like to generalize using general terminology. They forget a voltage is actually a "difference in potential" and the potential the electric field strength acting on something. For example, one end of a wire is at -500 potential and the other end -400. Some might say both potentials are negative so nothing happens. However the "difference" in potential is the real force acting on the free electrons which determines the direction of current.

So we should not generalize and pay more attention to first principals and all the small details. I find FE easier than most because I ignore generalizations. I only look at what's happening on the particle/field level. Many only see voltage and current on a wire while I see billions of particles being acted on by magnetic and electric fields of force having a gradient of force causing motion in some particles. Same thing but a very different perspective.

Generalizing is the main reason why most fail in this field of technology, imo.

AC
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Allcanadian on 2025.07.29, 22:24:04
We could also go further with the logic of this effect...

So I know of countless ways in which I could modify any kind of wave form into another. It could be primitive LC circuits, something like synchronous or active rectification or in the future AI controlled electric/magnetic field control. Makes no difference as the goal is to modify the waveform.

The critical mistake is in thinking this effects the total energy of the system in which case it does not. This is little more than the "conversion" of one form of energy into another. This is not the conversion of a form of energy which can "add" to the system, key word really important, only thing that actually matters, "add" to the system.

Problem is, as an actual expert in energy and energy conversion, 99% of most people fail to understand even basic energy concepts. It's kind of comical, ask a friend "what is energy" or "what is a field" and there is this blank expression staring off into space. Nothing, nada, were pulling a blank, nobody is home, nothing. This should have been the first clue very few seem to have a clue.

Not rocket science, ENERGY dictates everything. If we understand the concept of ENERGY the conversion of energy isn't as big a problem.

AC
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Magluvin on 2025.07.30, 04:22:00
Quote from: Allcanadian on 2025.07.29, 22:24:04
We could also go further with the logic of this effect...

So I know of countless ways in which I could modify any kind of wave form into another. It could be primitive LC circuits, something like synchronous or active rectification or in the future AI controlled electric/magnetic field control. Makes no difference as the goal is to modify the waveform.

The critical mistake is in thinking this effects the total energy of the system in which case it does not. This is little more than the "conversion" of one form of energy into another. This is not the conversion of a form of energy which can "add" to the system, key word really important, only thing that actually matters, "add" to the system.

Problem is, as an actual expert in energy and energy conversion, 99% of most people fail to understand even basic energy concepts. It's kind of comical, ask a friend "what is energy" or "what is a field" and there is this blank expression staring off into space. Nothing, nada, were pulling a blank, nobody is home, nothing. This should have been the first clue very few seem to have a clue.

Not rocket science, ENERGY dictates everything. If we understand the concept of ENERGY the conversion of energy isn't as big a problem.

AC

well i dont suggest we listen to this malarky.  i believe this is a distraction.  i believe we should keep going.  i dont think he understands this at all.  or, maybe he does, being an expert and all...   

see, these so called experts, f6 included, seem to only offer negativity. there is a reason they are here. its not to save us from ourselves. its to preach the negativity to the viewers so that they will lose hope in what we present.

there arevthings that steve told me that i promised i would not repeat.  i kept my word. he is a good man, and i think he has what it takes.  he has given enough for anyone that absorbed it, he encouraged them to figure it out.

mags


Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.07.30, 10:41:06
@Dave - I haven't had it on the scope as I'm finding the effect at too higher voltage.

I do however think I have found the key...

As a magnet passes over a coil, the scope will show the all too familiar sinewave. This is the reaction that the coil shows as a result of being induced by the magnet - resistance to incoming change and outgoing change.

With two paralleled counterwound coils, and passing a North magnet over one then South magnet over the other on a rotor alternating there will be a point if enough potential (voltage) can be developed at a high enough frequency, you will start getting a different or opposite spin voltage finding it's way onto a coil wound in the opposite direction and under the influence of an opposite pole

If a sine wave is a coils normal response to a magnet. A square wave (when talking about induced, not switched), is a stressed response. Whereby the forces that exist as a result of the coil being induced (poles, bloch wall), are attempting to reconcile energy that is completely the opposite to what the oncoming magnet 'normally does' to the coil. Resulting in a square wave, as the coil is being railed from side to side as it attempts to equalised different spins of current.

When this effect is taking place, the magnetic properties of the voltage are being 'equalised' resulting in a loss of drag.

Current and resistance (when induced) is a result of the equilibric fields operating inside a coil. So a sine wave represents the two horizontal fields rotating at the blochwall that respond to the oncoming magnet by resisting and growing (pressure), then as the magnet moves away, the coil flips and tries to attract and shrinks (vacuum).








Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.30, 14:29:53
Quote from: unimmortal on 2025.07.30, 10:41:06
@Dave - I haven't had it on the scope as I'm finding the effect at too higher voltage.

I do however think I have found the key...

As a magnet passes over a coil, the scope will show the all too familiar sinewave. This is the reaction that the coil shows as a result of being induced by the magnet - resistance to incoming change and outgoing change.

With two paralleled counterwound coils, and passing a North magnet over one then South magnet over the other on a rotor alternating there will be a point if enough potential (voltage) can be developed at a high enough frequency, you will start getting a different or opposite spin voltage finding it's way onto a coil wound in the opposite direction and under the influence of an opposite pole

If a sine wave is a coils normal response to a magnet. A square wave (when talking about induced, not switched), is a stressed response. Whereby the forces that exist as a result of the coil being induced (poles, bloch wall), are attempting to reconcile energy that is completely the opposite to what the oncoming magnet 'normally does' to the coil. Resulting in a square wave, as the coil is being railed from side to side as it attempts to equalised different spins of current.

When this effect is taking place, the magnetic properties of the voltage are being 'equalised' resulting in a loss of drag.

Current and resistance (when induced) is a result of the equilibric fields operating inside a coil. So a sine wave represents the two horizontal fields rotating at the blochwall that respond to the oncoming magnet by resisting and growing (pressure), then as the magnet moves away, the coil flips and tries to attract and shrinks (vacuum).

If not too much trouble, can you make a video showing the effects you are getting?

Here is a quote from Erfinder which aligns with what you say about drag reduction:
QuoteThe effect is amazing ... ! mention it here because I believe its related ... .! strongly believe that the capacitance of my motor windings
are being modified in some heretofore unknown way! I believe the cap is being charged with displacement current ... how that's
possible I don't know and can only speculate ... and I won't do that here .. I will say that this massive charging current doesn't produce
the Lenz induced drag, ergo, my assuming that I am dealing with displacement current and not electronic current ... When my motors
are operating in the anomaly zone they generate pure square waves! The wave of the motor literally changes from a sine like wave
into a perfect square wave .... the wave is so clean it appears as if it was being generated by a signal generator.

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.07.31, 00:36:41
Hey Dave, I'm trying to work out if it is frequency or voltage that kicks the effect in - and making a simple setup to further the investigation.

1800rpm is around the mark, but without enough voltage to 'bias' the coil, it just gets equalised. I've rejigged from 3 coils in series for a counterwound set back to individual coils, and overall I can get the same voltages, but I'm not getting the effect as individual coils just don't make enough voltage. From testing so far I need about 80V to get the effect to manifest.

I was quite taken by some of Erfinders comments as they mirror what I have so far found.

Here is a rough one of the effect that I made a while ago: https://youtube.com/shorts/BJlMMYxL060?si=KjNie-Kiup8hjJbt
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.07.31, 17:38:31
Quote from: unimmortal on 2025.07.31, 00:36:41
Hey Dave, I'm trying to work out if it is frequency or voltage that kicks the effect in - and making a simple setup to further the investigation.

1800rpm is around the mark, but without enough voltage to 'bias' the coil, it just gets equalised. I've rejigged from 3 coils in series for a counterwound set back to individual coils, and overall I can get the same voltages, but I'm not getting the effect as individual coils just don't make enough voltage. From testing so far I need about 80V to get the effect to manifest.

I was quite taken by some of Erfinders comments as they mirror what I have so far found.

Here is a rough one of the effect that I made a while ago: https://youtube.com/shorts/BJlMMYxL060?si=KjNie-Kiup8hjJbt

I'm trying to wrap my head around what is going on in your video.  It looks like you have a motor/generator and the meters are looking at the generator output?  It sounds like when you load the device, the voltage drops and it speeds up is this correct?  Then at a point the voltage spikes and a drag can be heard loading the motor?  Is this voltage spike what you assume to be the square wave manifesting?  What is the load you're attaching to the device?  Do you have a simplified diagram of your machine?

I know that is question overload, but it is hard for me to make out the significance without supporting details.  ;D

Thanks for sharing,

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.08.01, 08:29:06
Hey Dave... ok, pulsed top and bottom with FETs. Middle coils are 3 columns CW, 3 CCW and wired in parallel to each other. When I short these secondaries, the effect comes on. The speed up I believe, occurs because there is less magnetic field to oppose. The meter shows voltage coming back down after unshorting. In an extreme attempt with additional rotors, I was passing nearly 600V around the primaries and the same in the secondaries when completely shorting all of it (motor/belt driven) - despite 10A initial input, it dropped to 7A shorted.

As yet I haven't tried alternating N - S magnets - that could be tricky with my setup, but I'm sure they'll be some more gains there.

As described previously, I'm attempting to reverse induction and 'override' the coils typical response with an opposite response.

I believe Erfinder has used multiple strands to make coils that have a resultant wave behaving the opposite to a normal coil, one that reverses induction. I'm still working through why 6 filar was chosen.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.08.04, 14:49:37
Quote from: unimmortal on 2025.08.01, 08:29:06
Hey Dave... ok, pulsed top and bottom with FETs. Middle coils are 3 columns CW, 3 CCW and wired in parallel to each other. When I short these secondaries, the effect comes on. The speed up I believe, occurs because there is less magnetic field to oppose. The meter shows voltage coming back down after unshorting. In an extreme attempt with additional rotors, I was passing nearly 600V around the primaries and the same in the secondaries when completely shorting all of it (motor/belt driven) - despite 10A initial input, it dropped to 7A shorted.

As yet I haven't tried alternating N - S magnets - that could be tricky with my setup, but I'm sure they'll be some more gains there.

As described previously, I'm attempting to reverse induction and 'override' the coils typical response with an opposite response.

I believe Erfinder has used multiple strands to make coils that have a resultant wave behaving the opposite to a normal coil, one that reverses induction. I'm still working through why 6 filar was chosen.

Do your generator coils have cores?

It appears you are getting an effect similar to the Kromrey converter, generator #1.  I'm wondering if the multiple strands of wire in Erfinder's coils provide differing impedance paths for the damped oscillating waves in the self oscillation phenomena.  If so, you could have currents that are oscillating back and forth among these multiple strands that could be in opposition to one another creating a magnetic field cancellation (dielectric field production?) similar to the generator #2 listed in the attached snippet.

Erfinder Quotes:
QuoteWe should look to the "between the turns relations" in coils. Here in conventionally connected
solenoids, we observe how the flux spins CW around one half of the coil, and CCW around the
other half. Is this significant? I think it is, because these two opposing vortex generate that which
we identify with as the pole we find on the face of the magnet, or coil. Between the turns we find
the field is moving in such a manner that repulsion takes place between turns, the flow is
concentrated in the very center of the solenoid, and outside the solenoid. The flow through the
core is opposite to the flow moving outside the core. Together the inner and outer flow constitute
one flow, both inner and outer flows are unidirectional. I find it fascinating that there is little or no
flow between turns, the bulk of the flux being in the core and outside, and yet, a massive
repulsive force is made manifest between the turns ..... The general rule of thumb I now go by is if
there is repulsion between turns, CEMF will be high, and the generator will oppose the prime
mover. If there is attraction between the turns, the CEMF will be low, and the generator either
assists the prime mover or has no effect on the prime mover.

QuoteWe can consider the damped wave like a low loss HF generator that we didn't ask for, nor pay for.
It is a generator which seems to operate along a path of least resistance. An undamped wave,
basically a square is best generated by compressing damped waves, waves which already contain
the necessary harmonic, and amplitude relations ...... I have demonstrated this, I call the
mechanism for generation of square (undamped) from damped waves ...... Infinite Harmonic
Resonant Self Oscillation ....... you could experience it ... .

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.08.05, 02:52:16
Quote from: web000x on 2025.08.04, 14:49:37
Do your generator coils have cores?

It appears you are getting an effect similar to the Kromrey converter, generator #1.  I'm wondering if the multiple strands of wire in Erfinder's coils provide differing impedance paths for the damped oscillating waves in the self oscillation phenomena.  If so, you could have currents that are oscillating back and forth among these multiple strands that could be in opposition to one another creating a magnetic field cancellation (dielectric field production?) similar to the generator #2 listed in the attached snippet.

Dave

Yes, and after losing yet another weekend to my device, I don't think I can achieve a direct (coil to coil) CW -> CCW inversion of the induction field. There is  simply too much magnet in my system, and although I can make the voltage to counter, frequency then becomes a problem having to spin too fast to make enough voltage, which then effects timing etc etc...

I think you are spot on with the multiple strands, but I don't yet see how a 'resultant inversed wave' is derived from 6 strands. Logically, pairs will cancel leaving 3 fields to dual it out? Erfinder seemed very casual about wiring methods with multi-filer.

How did you go with your coiling? Keen to see your results before I commit to re-rolling my stack.



Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.08.05, 03:18:02
Quote from: unimmortal on 2025.08.05, 02:52:16
Yes, and after losing yet another weekend to my device, I don't think I can achieve a direct (coil to coil) CW -> CCW inversion of the induction field. There is  simply too much magnet in my system, and although I can make the voltage to counter, frequency then becomes a problem having to spin too fast to make enough voltage, which then effects timing etc etc...

I think you are spot on with the multiple strands, but I don't yet see how a 'resultant inversed wave' is derived from 6 strands. Logically, pairs will cancel leaving 3 fields to dual it out? Erfinder seemed very casual about wiring methods with multi-filer.

How did you go with your coiling? Keen to see your results before I commit to re-rolling my stack.

I got my second trifilar coil wound over the weekend.  I'm waiting on mineral spirits to dissolve bearing grease for my rotor so I can press them on and measure the length between bellhousings that I'll need to cut my frame to in order to mount everything.  Unfortunately I'll be headed back to work for the week tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get some things done before going in each day and possibly drag some of this to work and complete it during any down time there.  It is slowly moving forward.

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.08.06, 06:57:02
Very keen to keep this conversatiin going, so here is a schematic of sorts to explain my contraption.

Rotor magnets cycle through 4 stages every 90°.

The left side shows the primaries getting their feed from two different coilsets. The right side shows the secondaries in parallel.

It should be easy to see how I'm trying to keep the coilsets at odds with each other. Funny that the primary arrangement was the only way I could 'keep' all the voltage from each coilset without cancelling out.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.08.07, 17:27:26
Quote from: unimmortal on 2025.08.06, 06:57:02
Very keen to keep this conversatiin going, so here is a schematic of sorts to explain my contraption.

Rotor magnets cycle through 4 stages every 90°.

The left side shows the primaries getting their feed from two different coilsets. The right side shows the secondaries in parallel.

It should be easy to see how I'm trying to keep the coilsets at odds with each other. Funny that the primary arrangement was the only way I could 'keep' all the voltage from each coilset without cancelling out.

I'd say the best way to keep this conversation going here on this thread is to determine wave quality.  You'll need a scope probe capable of handling the voltages you're seeing.  This topic focused on the generation of a square wave.  If your device doesn't produce such, it should really have its own thread where you can go into deep detail about power consumption, construction and novel effects. At this point, it is only a guess as to what wave you're generating.

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.08.08, 12:49:47
Quote from: web000x on 2025.08.07, 17:27:26
I'd say the best way to keep this conversation going here on this thread is to determine wave quality.  You'll need a scope probe capable of handling the voltages you're seeing.  This topic focused on the generation of a square wave.  If your device doesn't produce such, it should really have its own thread where you can go into deep detail about power consumption, construction and novel effects. At this point, it is only a guess as to what wave you're generating.

Dave

Fair comment and sorry for the sidetrack.

....

Ok, I'm reading through Erfinders writings for the 3rd time and it's sinking in.

Phaseshift. By using multifilar and leveraging the low resistance between the low inductance 'bucking coils', looks like it results in the rate of change (as a magnet passes over it), to be slowed or sustained by virtue of 6 coils bucking to sustain the flux field. So much so that maximum flux change, shifts or drifts, to align with maximum flux density AND because a field is sustained, the repulsive field induced by the oncoming magnet has passed TDC and now repels the magnet.

The square wave should then appear as the phaseshift occurs.

I need to roll some coils...
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Magluvin on 2025.08.08, 15:14:13
it all has me thinking...

if the coil has these properties, i wonder what might show if we pulsed it with another coil.

mags
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: web000x on 2025.08.09, 15:14:34
Quote from: Magluvin on 2025.08.08, 15:14:13
it all has me thinking...

if the coil has these properties, i wonder what might show if we pulsed it with another coil.

mags

I've always wondered if the capacitor in Tesla's ozone patent was referenced often by Erfinder in an obfuscated attempt to suggest that his capacitively dominant coils were the capacitor.  He did talk about the inductive discharge from the choke coil charging the capacitor..

Dave
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Centraflow on 2025.08.09, 16:15:59
Quote from: web000x on 2025.08.09, 15:14:34
I've always wondered if the capacitor in Tesla's ozone patent was referenced often by Erfinder in an obfuscated attempt to suggest that his capacitively dominant coils were the capacitor.  He did talk about the inductive discharge from the choke coil charging the capacitor..

Dave

There in lays one part, the other is electrons and their energy level.

So think of how you increase the energy level of free electrons in the outer ring around an atom of a metal. Copper has one, tin has two and tungsten has four. Tungsten is used for generating electrons in a vacuum, but tin coated copper is good in a capacitor formation in a special way where agitated electrons are accumulated on a capacitor plate.

Agitated electrons are in a higher energy state, this is part of the way to free energy.

So how do you agitate electrons at normal atmosferic pressure?

I leave it with you.

Mike
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: unimmortal on 2025.08.12, 04:57:00
Quote from: Centraflow on 2025.08.09, 16:15:59
Agitated electrons are in a higher energy state, this is part of the way to free energy.

So how do you agitate electrons at normal atmosferic pressure?

I leave it with you.

Mike

Google AI response...

Copper electrons become agitated by electromagnetic radiation at various frequencies, but they are particularly responsive to the frequency of visible light and higher frequencies. At the lower end of the electromagnetic spectrum, electrons in copper are agitated by the alternating electric field associated with alternating current (AC) power, typically at 50 or 60 Hz. As the frequency increases, the electrons absorb more energy and exhibit more pronounced agitation.

Low Frequencies (e.g., AC power):
At 50 or 60 Hz, the electric field associated with AC power causes electrons to oscillate back and forth within the copper wire. This oscillation is a form of agitation, although the electrons don't gain a lot of energy at these frequencies.

Higher Frequencies (e.g., visible light):
When exposed to higher frequencies, such as those found in visible light, copper electrons can absorb energy and jump to higher energy levels within the atom. This is a more significant form of agitation, and it's why copper absorbs certain colors of light.

Radio Frequencies:
At radio frequencies, electrons can also be excited and oscillate, but the effect is less pronounced than at higher frequencies.

X-rays and Gamma Rays:
At very high frequencies, like those in X-rays and gamma rays, copper electrons can be completely ejected from the atom (photoelectric effect).

In essence, the degree of agitation in copper electrons increases as the frequency of the electromagnetic radiation increases. The electrons respond to the oscillating electric and magnetic fields, with the amplitude and energy of the oscillation determining the degree of agitation and the resulting effects.

With a structured hexagon winding for the six strands, a seventh strand in the centre could be used to agitate...
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Centraflow on 2025.08.12, 10:27:59
Quote from: unimmortal on 2025.08.12, 04:57:00
Google AI response...

Copper electrons become agitated by electromagnetic radiation at various frequencies, but they are particularly responsive to the frequency of visible light and higher frequencies. At the lower end of the electromagnetic spectrum, electrons in copper are agitated by the alternating electric field associated with alternating current (AC) power, typically at 50 or 60 Hz. As the frequency increases, the electrons absorb more energy and exhibit more pronounced agitation.

Low Frequencies (e.g., AC power):
At 50 or 60 Hz, the electric field associated with AC power causes electrons to oscillate back and forth within the copper wire. This oscillation is a form of agitation, although the electrons don't gain a lot of energy at these frequencies.

Higher Frequencies (e.g., visible light):
When exposed to higher frequencies, such as those found in visible light, copper electrons can absorb energy and jump to higher energy levels within the atom. This is a more significant form of agitation, and it's why copper absorbs certain colors of light.

Radio Frequencies:
At radio frequencies, electrons can also be excited and oscillate, but the effect is less pronounced than at higher frequencies.

X-rays and Gamma Rays:
At very high frequencies, like those in X-rays and gamma rays, copper electrons can be completely ejected from the atom (photoelectric effect).

In essence, the degree of agitation in copper electrons increases as the frequency of the electromagnetic radiation increases. The electrons respond to the oscillating electric and magnetic fields, with the amplitude and energy of the oscillation determining the degree of agitation and the resulting effects.

With a structured hexagon winding for the six strands, a seventh strand in the centre could be used to agitate...

Well I did not ask AI, but never mind.

If you wind a solenoid and pass an AC current through it, then place a piece of cpper or Tin  or both in the middle of it, what will happen to the copper?

Mike
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Atti on 2025.08.12, 13:39:32
"If you wind a solenoid and pass an AC current through it, then place a piece of cpper or Tin  or both in the middle of it, what will happen to the copper?"


It's not my place to interfere with worship, but think about it. It's completely different, but think about it.
And now I'll clarify that.
What happens to it if you place the coil in the circuit as a capacitor? 
(How can a coil be a capacitor???)

That is, if you wind the capacitor with a wire?
Yes, one will be capacitance. The other will be inductance. One will be 90° behind the other. That is, in relation to voltage and current.
Yes, the change in current induces voltage.

But will it affect the others? That's the big question.

According to the energy balance, it doesn't matter at all, but the symbol is still nuanced.

Atti.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Verpies on 2025.08.13, 12:23:27
The self-capacitance of multi-layer solenoid coils is significant and it forms a parallel resonant circuit with the inductance of the coil (with a specific self-resonance frequency).  Additionally,  the turns of the coils form coiled transmission lines between layers with impedance discontinuities that create multiple reflections when pulsed.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Centraflow on 2025.08.13, 12:41:09
Quote from: verpies on 2025.08.13, 12:23:27
The self-capacitance of multi-layer solenoid coils is significant and it forms a parallel resonant circuit with the inductance of the coil (with a specific self-resonance frequency).  Additionally,  the turns of the coils form coiled transmission lines between layers with impedance discontinuities that create multiple reflections when pulsed.

Spot on "reflections" , not standing waves as some would think.

Mike
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Verpies on 2025.08.13, 12:53:09
These reflections are a scourge for coil pulsers.

Interestingly, the grenade-type coils that were discussed on this forum many times, minimize these reflections and self-resonate at fewer frequencies than the regular solenoidal coils - ideally at only one frequency.  There are comparative VNA spectrograms about this on this forum somewhere.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Centraflow on 2025.08.13, 16:02:55
Quote from: verpies on 2025.08.13, 12:53:09
These reflections are a scourge for coil pulsers.

Interestingly, the grenade-type coils that were discussed on this forum many times, minimize these reflections and self-resonate at fewer frequencies than the regular solenoidal coils - ideally at only one frequency.  There are comparative VNA spectrograms about this on this forum somewhere.

Yes but like this you can start to do so great things.

Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Magluvin on 2025.08.14, 00:19:48
thats a strange circuit mike.   seems like the winding on the right would kill off action in coil 1 being 2 is shorted.  is that a cmc?

mags
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Centraflow on 2025.08.14, 10:39:45
Quote from: Magluvin on 2025.08.14, 00:19:48
thats a strange circuit mike.   seems like the winding on the right would kill off action in coil 1 being 2 is shorted.  is that a cmc?

mags

😄, well the right hand coil is no longer a coil, it is a plate of a capacitor which receives the positive discharge of the choke when the fet turns off. The other plate atm is the distributive caoacitance of the first coil, which is a coil biased by the capacitor, which is the start current source.

As it is it is not ou, but make 2 and the cores are common and the coils over wound , "all bifilar". Things will start to make sense.

There are 3 switches and 2 supplies, 2 grounds. It is made to pulse the switches sequencially.

It is the 3rd switch that has the different ground (supply), the B switch.

The circuits discharge into different capacitors caused by the 2 grounds.

The core is 2 different capacitor plates, the electrons on the outer ring of the metal atom are made to go into a higher energy state, then used as a discharging capacitor.

OU is created from manipulation of the electrons into this higher energy state, and collected on the capacitor plate which is also part of the supply, the over wound coils. It internally regenerates its own power, and not extracted from the end to feed back into the input.

Mike
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Verpies on 2025.08.14, 12:19:27
Quote from: Atti on 2025.08.12, 13:39:32
One will be 90° behind the other. That is, in relation to voltage and current.
Yes, the change in current induces voltage.

But will it affect the others? That's the big question.
The current generates the magnetic field and the voltage - electric field.

As with any antenna, at the line of field generation, the magnetic field is 90° behind the electric field.
At larger distances from the origin, these two fields decouple from the radiator and synchronize ( come into phase,  0° ) and radiate out at the speed of light as a separate photon.
That phase difference between these two regimes is the essence of the difference between the near-field and far-field of every antenna.  That change is gradual so an intermediate Fresnel regime exists where the phase shift between the magnetic and electric field is between 90° and 0°. 

FYI: A "field" is a region of space where an interactor/observer experiences a force. Thus a "field" is a shorthand for a "force field".  Space is a reference system - not an object.
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: F6FLT on 2025.08.14, 16:43:25
Quote from: verpies on 2025.08.14, 12:19:27
...
At larger distances from the origin, these two fields decouple from the radiator and synchronize ( come into phase,  0° ) and radiate out at the speed of light as a separate photon.
That phase difference between these two regimes is the essence of the difference between the near-field and far-field of every antenna.
...

This video explains it pretty well, through the propagation delay (from minute 2:26 to 7:28) : https://youtu.be/FWCN_uI5ygY?t=146
Title: Re: Sine to Square
Post by: Verpies on 2025.08.14, 17:40:39
Quote from: F6FLT on 2025.08.14, 16:43:25
This video explains it pretty well, through the propagation delay (from minute 2:26 to 7:28) : https://youtu.be/FWCN_uI5ygY?t=146
It's a good video.
Here (https://youtu.be/NB2AP7jvqvA) is another simulation of an oscillating dipole.
This channel (https://www.youtube.com/@ElectromagnetismAnim/videos) has many other interesting EM simulations.