Here's a nifty old movie from a series called "Science Fiction Theatre"
As a kid I used to watch these religiously, back in the 1950's. There are many interesting topics in the series of around 75 videos, but this one applies to the forum and OUR work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Xukp9gUZI
sit back and enjoy "The Magic Suitcase".
Thanks for the link Ion.
It is good to see that the "oldies" are being made
freely available. The '50s were good. Television
then was a whole lot different than what is broadcast
nowadays...
http://backtothefuture.wikia.com/wiki/Science_Fiction_Theatre
Science Fiction Theatre was a science fiction television program that aired from 1955 to 1957. It was George McFly's favorite program and he wouldn't miss it for anything.
As Marty McFly followed his father to his house on November 8, 1955, George mentioned the program. This inspired Marty to don his radiation suit and pose as "Darth Vader" later that night.
I wasn't around back then but I did come across it in the classic "Back to the Future" film..
In the intro - check out the screwdriver wedged into the satellite dish ;D
Am a bit of a 1950's sci-fi fan and spent quite some time a couple of years ago watching the classic films. I also saw a couple of these episodes and enjoyed them immensely.
Thanks for the link...watching it now.
@22:41
And then:
@8:18
And then:
And for the less intellectual kids like me, my favourite was Andy Pandy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTqPoNnrZu8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTqPoNnrZu8)
Amazing!
I had forgotten that show.
I'm pretty sure watching one of those programs on the neighbor's little round screen TV showed me how to make my own bread-board for building circuits.
It was a pine board with small brads driven where connections were needed. I didn't have solder and iron so I twisted the wires on the brads.
Mom wouldn't let me have her breadboard :(