Unbalanced Lever is able to run perpetually if...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9YLkoJz7rM
Visual Education Project:
http://www.veproject1.org/
I did a little digging into this organization and concluded most everything there uses some form of perspective manipulation to make 2D videos appear much different than their 3D counterpart. Hence, visual education. What you see is not what you get.
If you want to build such kind of devices listen to my (priceless) advices:
1. Either add a freedom movement, falling in gravity without stiff connection while changing the center mass point or combine gravity with magnetic force and let them work in opposition
2. Dig for old patents, there are some still available about perpetual motion mechanical devices. Some are crap but some are real
Quote from: forest on 2014.06.06, 09:56:16
If you want to build such kind of devices listen to my (priceless) advices:
1. Either add a freedom movement, falling in gravity without stiff connection while changing the center mass point or combine gravity with magnetic force and let them work in opposition
2. Dig for old patents, there are some still available about perpetual motion mechanical devices. Some are crap but some are real
Hi forest
I agree with your advice and would be grateful for any wm2d simulation ideas that you could share here on the Bessler thread.
Regarding the patents, why not just list a few of the real ones here if you have already done the research and explored this. I don't have knowledge of any real ones, and would be thankful to you for sharing this. Do you know of any? Have you done the replication or simulation to prove they are working perpetual devices?
Indeed, there is a lot of stuff that patents have been granted for that don't necessarily work.
Kind Regards, ION
Sorry ION
I cannot replicate any mechanical device, I have no skills, either in simulation software and in operating tools (which I don't have too) , but I have something ...called intuition :-*
In the end you will know I was right. I can post here the patent which works, but you or somebody then must at least try to build device and post results here with videos and images and details so anybody can replicate it too. I know, I know - I demand a lot, but it took me years to dig it up from total crap around.
So take it or leave it
Quote from: forest on 2014.06.06, 18:43:35
Sorry ION
I cannot replicate any mechanical device, I have no skills, either in simulation software and in operating tools (which I don't have too) , but I have something ...called intuition :-*
In the end you will know I was right. I can post here the patent which works, but you or somebody then must at least try to build device and post results here with videos and images and details so anybody can replicate it too. I know, I know - I demand a lot, but it took me years to dig it up from total crap around.
So take it or leave it
OK that's reasonable, you post it I will build and post the video of it if it is totally not outside my mechanical skills. I can also run the simulation in parallel to the build.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, ION
ION
This project require ability to make custom shape parts in metal (steel), assembly and horseshoe magnets . Are you ready ? Anybody ?
Quote from: forest on 2014.06.07, 09:16:58
ION
This project require ability to make custom shape parts in metal (steel), assembly and horseshoe magnets . Are you ready ? Anybody ?
How can I know the complexity without seeing the patent? I have some limited machine shop capability, a small lathe, drill press, grinders, sanders and a stock of various metals and lots of hardware.
Back in the 80's when I was researching magnet motors, I sent for a number of patents, I will dig them out. Most of them were non-working as with the magnet motor designs I have played with.
Quote from: forest on 2014.06.07, 09:16:58
ION
This project require ability to make custom shape parts in metal (steel), assembly and horseshoe magnets . Are you ready ? Anybody ?
We need working drawings - or at least sketches. And if there is a patent, whether pending or granted, the patent number is important.
I will go under the assumption that forest has carefully studied the available patents and has found one or two that he believes will work. Maybe he will also state why these are superior designs to others.
We await the patent numbers from forest and his reasonings.
First I must say I kept information of this patent some time, while of course it is not secret at all and can be found online, though with difficulty (as all old patents).
I decided I won't be able in any time to replicate it myself :( so it is kind of my gift for you guys.
I'm convinced it works because of method of converting vibratory movement into rotation to avoid sticky point which you must have seen already in some South-American magnetic motors (yes, the same concept, they didn't explained but there was a fuss some years ago with videos , afaik from Argentina).
However my intuition tells me this invention is real one, mostly due to the degree of detailed and precise information in that patent. I imagine the inventor Mr. Ernest William Fuller was a very generous and honest man !
The patent number is 23277 from 1913 but for your convenience I could post pdf of it , if you let me know where to place it ?
Perhaps best if you attach the patent to your next post, as you have not specified the country of patent and USPTO search yields a "sail powered wagon" for 23277. Doing a search on the name "Ernest William Fuller" gives no such patent from 1913.
Just click "additional options" at the bottom left of the posting window on your next post.
Quote from: ION on 2014.06.07, 20:13:37
... yields a "sail powered wagon" for 23277.
Now, that sounds interesting. I don't know what the Police would say about a wagon ( ? truck) tacking across all three carriageways into wind up the M1, but their rule book probably won't cover this eventuality.
ION, Paul-R
Now you know how hard is to find proper patent online :D I wonder if it's a supression done by Mib's ? ;D
Patent attached. O0
Btw, compare this patent description with all the details , and todays patents. I was simply astonished. I really really hope you can figure it out and build working model O0 I wish to see small toy-sized model which we can sell as a kit ^-^
It can be found here also http://worldwide.espacenet.com/searchResults?compact=false&ST=singleline&query=GB191323277A&locale=en_GB&DB=worldwide.espacenet.com
You've done well, forest. These patents are very difficult to find. It looks complicated. I wonder if the application was granted.
I wonder if the intricate mechanical engineering is because they did not have the electronics to do the sensing, switching and actuating that is necessary. i.e. it could be simplified.
Thanks forest. I will give it a good read and try identify the main method of operation then perhaps start with a simple proof of concept.
If that works, proceeding to a full design should not be that difficult.
Quote from: Paul-R on 2014.06.08, 13:19:49
You've done well, forest. These patents are very difficult to find. It looks complicated. I wonder if the application was granted.
I wonder if the intricate mechanical engineering is because they did not have the electronics to do the sensing, switching and actuating that is necessary. i.e. it could be simplified.
I don't think it could be simplified, it looks complicated but in the end it should not be, just a kind of lever system wih ratchet device (is that any current replacement for ratchet ? ) . Afaik that is the real granted patent. The main limitation (if it's real as I hope) is the ratchet mechanism.
Quote from: forest on 2014.06.08, 16:35:40
Afaik that is the real granted patent.
The file you found for us definitely says it is an application. If a granted patent can be found, then it may have alterations and improvements.
Can this be true?
Chief
Honestly,
file ( download) will not open for me
I hope you received this from honest person??
Suggest others tread carefully until verified ( not open file without safety verification?)
Quote from: Chet K on 2026.01.30, 16:12:07
I hope you received this from honest person??
An HTML page from some English-language website here is, dated 2016, where they discuss a mechanical device by the Ukrainian inventor Ermola, for which he received a patent.
Which I saved on my computer ten years ago. :)
The web page also contains images that can only be send in the archive.
@chief kolbacict
The page must be provided as an mhtml file, otherwise the images and part of the layout are lost.
Quote from: F6FLT on 2026.01.31, 10:18:09
The page must be provided as an mhtml file, otherwise the images and part of the layout are lost.
Full archive with pictures was in my first post. :)
It takes half an hour for me to send a message like that , with my fack internet.
Why are you tormenting me? :)
We don't live in civilicate. Your internet is getting better every day, but ours is getting worse. It was better ten years ago. :'(
Quote from: chief kolbacict on 2026.01.31, 11:11:59
It takes half an hour for me to send a message like that , with my fack internet.
I empathize with your problem. You deserve one of these free Starlinks from Ukraine with spoofed GNSS coordinates.
Anyway, if you run into problems with attachments again, just compress them into a ZIP archive. ZIP files are accepted.
QuoteUnbalanced Lever is able to run perpetually if...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9YLkoJz7rM
I saw nothing out of the ordinary in the video.
-the person gave the device a quick spin adding energy.
-the moving weight gains energy on the left side because it is further out.
-the moving weight losses energy on the right side because it is being pulled inward and upward.
-friction made the device come to rest and energy was conserved.
It's funny because the moving weight does absolutely nothing. It gains energy on the left side and losses the same energy on the right side or sum zero. The only reason it spins so long is due to the inertia of the big weights on the ends. This is basically grade school science.
Quote from: Verpies on 2026.01.31, 12:14:03
I empathize with your problem. You deserve one of these free Starlinks
Thank you.
Quote from: Allcanadian on 2026.01.31, 22:31:50
...
It's funny because the moving weight does absolutely nothing. It gains energy on the left side and losses the same energy on the right side or sum zero. The only reason it spins so long is due to the inertia of the big weights on the ends. This is basically grade school science.
I agree. What's more, like all the videos of "Perpetual motion devices," it's rigged. You can see this in the complete immobility of the hands at certain moments.
Everything is done to ensure that no weakening of the movement is visible.
No one familiar with scientific reasoning can believe that the "Perpetual motion device" videos are real. The person who makes them, in a clean and elegant way, has scientific and technical knowledge and lots of ideas and tricks when it comes to choosing configurations. I think he is having fun and also entertaining all those who can see that this is indeed entertainment, not scientific experimentation. He must also be amused to see that some people believe it.
Quote from: chief kolbacict on 2026.01.31, 11:11:59
Full archive with pictures was in my first post. :)
It takes half an hour for me to send a message like that , with my fack internet.
Why are you tormenting me? :)
...
I'm not tormenting you :), and I'm also well aware that producing interesting posts takes time. What I can say is that when I clicked on your HTML link, I expected to see something complete and easy to read, and that wasn't the case. And I also wasted time trying to figure out what was wrong.
I'm just saying that if you have an HTML page displayed on your browser, which may not have been the case for you if you were retrieving these files from elsewhere, the easiest thing to do is to save it in MHTML format so that everything is in a single file, not only the HTML and images but also the CSS style. Because if you can see the file when you click on your HTML link, it's probably because the missing images and files are only in your browser's cache.
Since not all browsers are compatible with MHTML, another solution is to make a PDF of the page.
Quote from: F6FLT on 2026.02.03, 10:16:31
I agree. What's more, like all the videos of "Perpetual motion devices," it's rigged. You can see this in the complete immobility of the hands at certain moments.
Everything is done to ensure that no weakening of the movement is visible.
No one familiar with scientific reasoning can believe that the "Perpetual motion device" videos are real. The person who makes them, in a clean and elegant way, has scientific and technical knowledge and lots of ideas and tricks when it comes to choosing configurations. I think he is having fun and also entertaining all those who can see that this is indeed entertainment, not scientific experimentation. He must also be amused to see that some people believe it.
My comment only applies to this specific device and scientific reasoning is debatable.
It's one thing to have some knowledge but quite another to suppose were smarter than everyone else on the planet. Who knows what the other eight billion people are doing or working on at this moment. It's wild to think at this moment, Feb 3 at 5:42 am, there could be a building full of people on the other side of the planet working on something I cannot even imagine. That's pretty cool.
Quote from: Allcanadian on 2026.02.03, 12:43:21
...
It's one thing to have some knowledge but quite another to suppose were smarter than everyone else on the planet.
...
The smarter, as you say, is where things work well. So, with very few exceptions, it's very easy to know where it is, most certainly among those YouTubers who have the ideas, artistry and technical skills to simulate unexpected and well-constructed perpetual motion, such as veproject1, whom we just saw, and his channel 'Visual Education Project'. His goal is truly educational, inviting the less smart or the simply curious to ask themselves, 'Why doesn't this work in reality?'
Quote from: F6FLT on 2026.02.03, 18:00:00
The smarter, as you say, is where things work well. So, with very few exceptions, it's very easy to know where it is, most certainly among those YouTubers who have the ideas, artistry and technical skills to simulate unexpected and well-constructed perpetual motion, such as veproject1, whom we just saw, and his channel 'Visual Education Project'. His goal is truly educational, inviting the less smart or the simply curious to ask themselves, 'Why doesn't this work in reality?'
I don't pay much attention to anything on youtube and prefer to read science articles and patents. I like patents because it explains the thinking or reasoning behind any given idea. Of course many patents are nonsensical but I like looking at other perspectives.
Quote from: F6FLT on 2026.02.03, 10:39:49
What I can say is that when I clicked on your HTML link, I expected to see something complete and easy to read, and that wasn't the case.
You still haven't seen a single picture? Why is everyone afraid to look at my first archive?
This is a page saved by Mozilla Firefox. It saves it as two files.
Quote from: chief kolbacict on 2026.02.04, 10:14:10
You still haven't seen a single picture? Why is everyone afraid to look at my first archive?
Your archive attached in Reply #20 (https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2471.msg118296#msg118296) is
not corrupted. Its content (bar Flash anims) is openable with common unpackers and browsers.
Members who cannot open this attachment must be using an enshittified operating system or are lacking basic utilities or basic computer skills.
It is not corrupted, but it is a website archive containing HTML, images, CSS, and JS.
First problem: where is the entry point? There is no index.html file. It is probably the Y0UwMCBaKpw.htm file.
In this file, I find the tag '<embed flashvars=...' but nowadays, no one has Flash Player in their browser anymore. So nothing works; the code is outdated.
And even if it weren't, as long as the links in the pages are absolute and not relative, nothing would work.
You can open each file individually, for example the images, or view the JS code in text, but the whole thing does not give you the web page(s) that you would have seen on the site when and where it was taken.
The archive of files from a web page is generally unusable afterwards. If you want to keep the archive secure, you need to save it as a PDF from the outset (even the mhtml alternative is riskier, as this format is much less widely recognised than PDF).
Quote from: F6FLT on 2026.02.08, 10:41:23
First problem: where is the entry point? There is no index.html file. It is probably the Y0UwMCBaKpw.htm file.
It is
/ermola motor.htmQuote from: F6FLT on 2026.02.08, 10:41:23
In this file, I find the tag '<embed flashvars=...' but nowadays, no one has Flash Player in their browser anymore. So nothing works; the code is outdated.
Only Flash content is the problem and that's why I excluded it when I wrote "
(bar Flash anims)"
Other content is accessible (works).
With the entry point ermola motor.html + the .rar archive, the images are correctly referenced (relative links). When clicked, the images are associated with links on http://3.bp.blogspot.com/ that have remained absolute but are still accessible. The blog is supposed to have been deleted, but the images are still there, for example:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gkbujuDXu84/VqQAUKqxaoI/AAAAAAAAAdc/vKbx0DF5k1Y/s1600/20160120_151748.jpg
In PDF format:
But,there's just one thing I don't understand: if this Ermola patented this device more than ten years ago, Ukraine shouldn't have any problems with electricity now.
But this is not so. So it's fake. But in any case, he came up with an original design of reductor with a high gear ratio.
Quote from: chief kolbacict on 2026.02.09, 14:31:47
But,there's just one thing I don't understand
I do not understand this motor. I can see that it is purely mechanical and it contains epicyclic gears.
Quote from: Verpies on 2026.02.09, 17:41:08
I do not understand this motor. I can see that it is purely mechanical and it contains epicyclic gears.
And... judging by the photos must have cost quite a fortune to build.
Quote from: Grumage on 2026.02.09, 18:37:06
And... judging by the photos must have cost quite a fortune to build.
Yes, but today most of these parts can be 3D printed in the metal of your choice by mail-order services like PCB Way (they offer traditional CNC machining, too). They charge per cubic centimeter - the number of feature details do not add to the cost.
The bearings would need to be purchased, though.
Are there any magnets or windings or plutonium in it ?
It's not something I would contemplate doing without seeing a working device.
However here's an epicyclic gear we recently printed in Carbon fibre reinforced PLA for one of my model engines.
Cheers Graham.
Quote from: Verpies on 2026.02.10, 12:21:10
Are there any magnets or windings or plutonium in it ?
No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elur-suQ2pY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elur-suQ2pY)
It's actually a bit mystical. The device works by creating a certain amount of pressure on the flange without movement, meaning without performing any mechanical work.
My brain refuses to believe it.
Quote from: chief kolbacict on 2026.02.11, 08:48:18
No.
It's actually a bit mystical. The device works by creating a certain amount of pressure on the flange without movement, meaning without performing any mechanical work.
My brain refuse to believe it.
A contradiction in terms? I'm very skeptical particularly when the demonstrator nearly stalled the pistol drill. It smacks of the William Skinner device?
Slightly changing the subject what are the thoughts on an improved version of this simple idea?
https://youtu.be/X4ppw8N0gfE
Sadly my granddaughter couldn't get the rhythm to the up and down motion. If a hub alternator/dynamo were fitted could a servo system be employed to keep the flywheel spinning?
Regards Graham.
Quote from: Grumage on 2026.02.11, 12:41:42
It smacks of the William Skinner device?
Absolutely not.
Quote from: chief kolbacict on 2026.02.11, 15:22:24
Absolutely not.
Why not. Have I misunderstood the principle isn't it based upon an overbalancing mass?
Regards Graham.
I remember this video from years ago at Stefan's
Very hard to see the details ( very dark and cloudy images), seems it is using hydraulic pressure ?
Chief ( your opinion) does it utilize oil ?
Since I'm asking "oil" questions..
Could this be micro diesel or ..._phase change_energy system?
The very strong eccentric gear within a ring gear reminds me of rotary compression mechanisms ( Wankel /others )
*edit to correct question.
Quote from: Grumage on 2026.02.11, 16:20:48
Why not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNl5ZiCFve8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNl5ZiCFve8)
Perhaps I am wrong.
I know that I know nothing \Socrates\