Been looking at something like this..
https://www.grainger.com/product/GAST-0-5-Hub-Mounted-Air-Motor-4Z411
If we do a tank to tank, like the cap to cap exercise, some things would have to be different with the tank to tank when we add an air motor into the mix to emulate the use of an inductor for the cap to cap to get all the charge from 1 cap to the other. Tank to tank with an air motor with a flywheel, would probably be better to disconnect the source tank before it is depleted of any pressure above ambient and divert the input of the air motor from the source tank and let the flywheel continue to pump up the second tank till it stops.
Mags
What would be good Mags,is to have someone here present entropy losses-how it works-what it is-and how it is negated.
Maybe smudge could explain it in terms we understand.
Is the same amount of energy stored in a tank with a volume of 100 liters at a differential pressure of 50 psi to that of a tank with a volume of 50 liters,at a pressure of 100 psi.
We are talking compressed air here,where the temperature remains a constant.
Brad
Quote from: TinMan on 2019.04.16, 02:46:47
What would be good Mags,is to have someone here present entropy losses-how it works-what it is-and how it is negated.
Maybe smudge could explain it in terms we understand.
Not my field, I think I will be as confused as you. Wikipedia has 10 different pages dealing specifically with entropy, and more under thermodynamics, and looking at them has addled my brain. Then there is enthalpy, something else that is hard to get to grips with. I will stay with the EM stuff that I think I understand.
Smudge
Not sure if it helps, but here a link https://ecourses.ou.edu/cgi-bin/eBook.cgi?doc=&topic=th&chap_sec=03.4&page=theory
and description how it could be done