OverUnity Research

Benches => broli => Topic started by: broli on 2024.09.28, 20:35:16

Title: Discussion Thread: 'We should talk about negative friction'
Post by: broli on 2024.09.28, 20:35:16
Since the main thread on this topic is locked to keep it clean I thought I would add a discussion threads where everyone can post or reference the posts made there.

So feel free to use this thread to post any comments, remarks or critiques.
Title: Re: Discussion Thread: 'We should talk about negative friction'
Post by: chief kolbacict on 2024.09.29, 07:04:35
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolamite (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolamite)
Could anyone achieved so low friction like this ?
Title: Re: Discussion Thread: 'We should talk about negative friction'
Post by: broli on 2024.09.29, 10:46:01
Quote from: chief kolbacict on 2024.09.29, 07:04:35
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolamite (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolamite)
Could anyone achieved so low friction like this ?

The question is not so much how to reduce friction, rolling friction indeed does that, and this Rolamite idea is also very similar to a capstan.

What I have shared so far shows that friction forces can nearly cancel each other out (using newtons third law and some basic rigid body dynamics) while generating heat/sound/electricity. But the system still has a tiny force component that decelerates it even if it can be considered 'overunity'. I don't want to deal with critiques that would immediately call such a design and setup fake which the internet has made a good job of in pushing countless fake videos of 'free energy' across the last decade.

However it would be much more interesting to design a system that accelerates under friction without needing to extract its power and loop it back through an external motor. Such a simple setup would instantly shut any criticism down.

It might be obvious but I am currently blinded to the obvious.