I'd be very happy to experiment with an electrolysis device that produces more H2 gas than "expected" from Faraday's laws of electrolysis...
I think Mike had something along these lines...
Anyone?
The simplest I've seen is to make a saturated solution of distilled water and pure lye. Slowly add and stir till the water doesn't take any more. Can get that at Ace hardware store. Put in a test tube. Wind a coil(what looked to be maybe 100 turns of maybe 26 awg) around the middle of the test tube. Use a bobbin that fits the test tube or just on the tube and tape it, as he did. Drive the coil with a slow signal sweep. I'm thinking possibly 500Hz and up. The demo produced what the guy called "profuse" amounts of gas.
Said the sodium hydroxide gets induced by the input magnetic field and no plates needed, so the solution should remain clean.
This should be the simplest experiment in this category.
mags
Quote from: PhysicsProf on 2026.06.22, 19:38:01
I'd be very happy to experiment with an electrolysis device that produces more H2 gas than "expected" from Faraday's laws of electrolysis...
I think Mike had something along these lines...
Anyone?
Yes it is called SMD.
The oxygen produced is use to charge the battery that supplies the current in the first place.
It is on this forum somewhere.
Two of hydrogen and one of oxygen, the oxygen goes to charge the battery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9eVoWHI2KQ
It's on my bench Mike.
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3403.0
Cheers Graham.
mags
This is from SMD
The photo of the reactive 316 SS tube shows the temperature at the surface has reached around 1800Âșc where the tube has areas of pitting (melting under a microscope).
There is more than meets the eye in SMD electrolysis.
Fellows, I've traveled 77 times around the sun now, and perhaps tiring out a bit. Also, essentially full-time caregiver for my wife who is on hospice and oxygen, but doing a bit better lately they say so that's good!
But while I'd love to do some experiments and tests, just don't find the drive or inclination to build something new "from scratch" ...
I do have test equipment of course, DSO, meters, power supplies, etc. And means to add more, if needed.
I had an idea along the lines of "cast your bread upon the waters, and after a time..."
** Would any one be willing to rent or sell me their "test apparatus" and let me experiment/play with it?
Just about anything that you think gives positive or anomalous indications.
In return, I will gladly rent or buy it - and report back on all findings here - or just to you, if you prefer.
Any takers?
-- Dr Steven Jones, profsjones@gmail.com
or text to 801 735-5885.
Send to 201 E. Clay St., Albany, MO. 64402
Thanks! this would make an old duffer happy, something I could play with when I wake up in the night, etc.
Steve,
FWIW, here is an idea that I had as an extension of my early experiments with charge separated electrolysis which were done using vertical position plates in the center of a toroid core. Those devices worked but now with any gain.
However, with the plates positioned horizontally in the core window, electrolysis should occur via charge separation. There would also be an option of including a current source with a wire induced by the H-Field from the primary. The V/T to the primary would be in the range of 1.4-2v but this would need to be determined. There is one caveat with this arrangement as shown below and that is, the cell would receive an alternating +/- pulses. The question is, would this produce the required gas output? If so, the cost to the primary input energy would be nothing as all conduction loops are inside the core and not surrounding the core's flux path.
I fully intend to experiment with this in the upcoming weeks.
Regards,
Pm
Now THAT is a novel and intriguing idea, Jon!
Thanks for sharing!