PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 20:43:54
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Gyroscopicgravity  (Read 23044 times)

the secret seems to be nutation
« Last Edit: 2012-06-07, 00:06:52 by EMdevices »

This is good short reading about Eric Laithwaite:    http://www.rense.com/general42/genius.htm
« Last Edit: 2012-06-07, 00:07:25 by EMdevices »

Based on Eric Laithwaite's experiments, and specifically the ones illustrating that there is no centrifugal forces on the axis of precession,  I can say that it is a no brainer to design an inertial propulsion device.

See my simple design below.  What do you think?    I rotate the arm with a motor perhaps, and at the 9 o'clock position I spin up the gyro, so that it does not produce a centrifugal force on the axle, then at 3 o'clock I remove the kinetic energy from the gyro and stop it so that it will produce a centrifugal force on the axle.      Therefore,  the axle will be pulled in only one direction.

How much simpler can it get?

EM

PS.  Note that the gyro will want to torque out of plane when it is rotated from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock, because it is spinning,  however, if it can't do that because it is constrained, the constraint will produce the necessary torque on it to keep it in plane, so it should work.  However, it might not and need to be oriented only horizontaly, and have gravity cause the precession.  That's an experiment that needs to be performed.

Group: Guest
@EM

If the circle is in a vertical plane, it can't work because there is precession only if the force (weight) is normal to this plane.
Now your idea can't be a priori discarded if the circle is in a horizontal plane. In this case there could be a forward inertial displacement. But I remember that this idea is not new and has been experimented without success. I don't remember why. It is likely that the periods of angular acceleration/deceleration to start and stop the gyro cancel the presumed effect. To be conclusive, the analysis of the system needs to take into account the accelerations.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 20:43:54