PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 13:56:06
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FTPU - Building and Testing  (Read 6189 times)
Group: Moderator

Hi All,

Good to be here.

OK, I have not posted yet simply because of Christmas time plus more testing. For those who have followed the Understanding Electricity in the TPU thread at OU, you will find the images and diagrams of what I am doing these days. Should I migrate them here?

Anyways the link is here;
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8185.msg217622;topicseen#msg217622

I tried a new wiring with a toroid and single ring. I am still at single ring because I want to understand it and the effects so I can compared the differences when doing it with two rings.

But here is a scope shot of my Test-2a using a new wiring of the components. i am also adding a wiring diagram, since I made the first one, showing mods on it will be easyer.

I think the toroid needs more secondary layers. maybe 4 or more layers but not all in series, all in parallel or some series then parallel, to increase the amperage. Geez I need to buy a toroid winder otherwise I will spend 60% on my time making coils to test variations.

But still, see the scope shots below and let me know what any of you think. There is definitely something to the interplay.

---------------------------

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Hi Wattsup, good to have you here.

It looks like you have some voltage gain. I wonder if you have any power gain?

Group: Moderator

Hi Wattsup, good to have you here.

It looks like you have some voltage gain. I wonder if you have any power gain?

@poynt99

Well if I put my pulse generator with the same setting directly to the diode and cap terminal, the LED does not light up at all, voltage reads 0.881 vdc on the cap. Compare that to with the unit in place, LED lights up and voltage off the cap reads 1.883 volts. All with a feed pulse of 1.5vdc and 10% duty, which is basically nothing much at all.

So, yes there is gain at this first stages. My best results made 7vdc so far but I am showing this one since with this wiring I can at least take a photo of the scope.

Right now I am concentrating on the varied effects and results since with a given number of parts in the FTPU will give a given number of variables.

But I am now sure the toroid plays a much more important part and with some more layers on the secondaries, it will produce even more. Given the dimensions of SMs center toroid, and now knowing you would require more secondary layers, this means the actual core of his toroid is rather small

So now that my basic parts are in place, my basic schematic is made and can be quickly modified to tally the next results, I should be able to both learn more and save what is learned for future review. The FTPU is the way to the other TPUs. Crack this one and bring output to 60 volts dc is the simple target and that method will teach us more about the other TPUs.

SMs analogy of having 1000s of wire and passing that one magnet is the key to increase the amperage and this is why I think there are more layers of secondaries in the Toroid. The outer ring/control coil is simply a pulse looping and stabilizing region. With two rings/control coils, this will enable looping and also provide a better collision point as he says "sometime the two waves meet and make a bigger wave".

---------------------------

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...

@poynt99

Well if I put my pulse generator with the same setting directly to the diode and cap terminal, the LED does not light up at all, voltage reads 0.881 vdc on the cap. Compare that to with the unit in place, LED lights up and voltage off the cap reads 1.883 volts. All with a feed pulse of 1.5vdc and 10% duty, which is basically nothing much at all.

wattsup,

It is very easy to have a step-up thing happening here. Your toroid windings do indicate that the ability to light the LED while your generator can not, is due to the voltage being stepped up. This of course will light the LED, but it does not necessarily indicate a power gain over your input.

You must actually measure the input and output powers directly before you will know if there is a power gain, it's the only way.

Cheers, and good work as usual.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 13:56:06