PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-29, 17:58:31
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Defamation of Character - i.e. Libel  (Read 10883 times)

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: AllCanadian
The problem I see with the truth is that there are so many of them, two scientists of impeccable credentials enter a room and one has absolute proof global warming is a fact and the other absolute proof it is not... now what is the truth?

I expect in a short time we shall know the Truth
regarding the Global Warming Agenda.  If, that
is, we'll be able to believe our Lying Eyes.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Guest
@FarrahDay
"What is the truth when the truth is unacceptable"  T.H.Moray

The problem I see with the truth is that there are so many of them, two scientists of impeccable credentials enter a room and one has absolute proof global warming is a fact and the other absolute proof it is not... now what is the truth?. You see the truth must always digress to an opinion and the opinion a belief.
Why I could lay out a number of facts to any number of people and get any number of different opinions on them in which case our truth isn't actually a truth at all it is simply our opinion isn't it?. You see the truth by definition cannot change, it is constant in a universal sense, so why is it every time we learn something the truth does change.

In any case to retain my sanity I have come to the conclusion there is no black nor white only infinite shades of gray.

AC

I see your example of the two scientists more of a paradox, because clearly they both can't be right. And what any individual 'believes' to be the truth is totally irrelevant. But I might have known that you would go out of your way to complicate the issue. In science there are always grey areas, I think we all know this, and so finding an absolute truth may be elusive.

And I really don't agree that the truth must always digress to individual opinion, nor do I understand why you would say this. An individual opinion is just that, an opinion. And opinions often have little in common with the truth.

So let's just back up and keep things simple. An individual can either be telling the truth or be telling porkies - pretty black and white! And furthermore, anyone's opinion on the matter is has no bearing whatsoever on the truth.

Group: Moderator

@FaraDay
I see your example of the two scientists more of a paradox, because clearly they both can't be right. And what any individual 'believes' to be the truth is totally irrelevant. But I might have known that you would go out of your way to complicate the issue. In science there are always grey areas, I think we all know this, and so finding an absolute truth may be elusive.

I was having a bad hair day ,lol, I watched a few documentaries and it got under my skin. One was how the NFL denied that a bunch of supposedly grown men bashing their heads together to get a pig skin ball was not harmful.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24051122/frontline-pbs-doc-league-of-denial-examines-nfl-concussion-problem
Amazing isn't it?, that the NFL and their doctors would deny CTE found in 9 out of 10 players was not related to football and was basically turning most of the players into violent retards.

It just seems as if damn near everyone is corrupt in one way or another and would do damn near anything in pursuit of the almighty dollar or job protection. I just pisses me off that as a professional person I am compelled to deal with only the facts and act in a professional manner while so many others lie and cheat without a second thought. Now I'm not proclaiming to be an angel in any way but I do know the difference between right and wrong, above all else I know this.
I'm really losing faith in people's ability to do the right thing when we see so much BS going on in the world today.

AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Group: Guest
Deception is part of life.

I see deception as overestimate or underestimate the reality of things.  The ability to succeed is jeopardized when you can't assess reality.  Overestimate reality don't give you the confident needed to accomplish tasks.  Underestimate reality and you won't be prepared enough.  The exact understanding of a situation is most efficient.

When people view is off, they deceived themselves and pass the same view to others.  It's like a virus.  If you see deception as a virus, a disease, then the cure for deception is wisdom, immunity. 

In fighting off sickness, people need strong immune system.  This can be done by living healthy or medication.  In the same way, wisdom can be boosted with life experience or education.  People who have higher education tend to have more immunity to deception if knowledge gives them wisdom.  The possibility of artificial virus is also there. 

Another technique to fight deception is giving dead doses of deception.  Like vaccination, dead doses of deception can comes in forms of contrary jokes.  It spurs different thinking and makes us wiser. 

No one is the blame for deception.  It originates from living and cure from living.   

Save others, one day they will be saving you.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-29, 17:58:31