PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-01, 09:35:21
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Robert Murray smith with 2.5Ah cap  (Read 6361 times)

Group: Tinkerer

Well this is looking really promising now. http://youtu.be/rCh-U2DUM94

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Well this is looking really promising now. http://youtu.be/rCh-U2DUM94

Yes Robert is doing a great job, also I am sure there are a lot in industry who are shaking in their boots if this comes to market at a cheap price ;)

regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Buy me a beer
The finished product, 2000 Farad cap the size of a credit card, cheap to make and ecological

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=22&v=Mno-XDP2o2c

regards

Mike 8)

PS shortly to be used on SMD as the electron collector from the complex chemical reaction of electrode.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
What is the voltage rating on his capacitors, 3V or so?

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
The finished product, 2000 Farad cap the size of a credit card, cheap to make and ecological

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=22&v=Mno-XDP2o2c

regards

Mike 8)

PS shortly to be used on SMD as the electron collector from the complex chemical reaction of electrode.

I watched that video as well O0
The only thing i noticed though,was the cap died quite quickly when he hooked up the larger motor.
So i dont think he has 2000F there.

Here is my version i have been experimenting with-off the grid you could say.
I call it the triphene capacitor,and Mike-you know how i make the graphene that the other two substances are added to O0
I never had much luck with just graphene,but when the other two substances are added,this cell kicks butt.
The only odd thing about it is it's voltage-1.7 to 1.8 volts,no matter how large the cell is.

Anyway-check out the size of it for it's capacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvBckUkjEfM

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Buy me a beer
What is the voltage rating on his capacitors, 3V or so?

2.7v I believe, I can ask him.

Brad the cap is 2000F tested industrially. It will run the small motor for hours and the large motor for over half an hour.

Yours well done, yes I know how it works O0 1.7-1.8v is what it will do, in SMD by using a buck boost you can get it to self run with no battery until, "lets say", the fuel runs out ;) Power density comes down to surface area, bigger the area the more power (not voltage, that stays the same). By using nano holes you will create a huge surface area :)

regards

Mike 8)

Added: Foregot to say the self run SMD has to be kick started but then runs on it's own for days or weeks until the fuel has all been oxidised, the resulting product "in SMD" is hydrogen, the oxygen created the power, though it can all be configured in other ways.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-23, 18:30:55 by Centraflow »

That's impressive Brad!

Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing

Luc

Buy me a beer
Brad

Why don't you put several in series and use as the electron collector in SMD along with the buck boost circuit I posted for SMD. Pre charge the collectors before switching on, so as to kick start it.

regards

Mike 8)

Buy me some coffee
That's impressive Brad!

Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing

Luc

Thanks Luc

I am carrying out cycling test now-100 cycles so far and looking good.
But not much use if the cycle rate is low before the cap dies,and will no longer take a charge.

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Thanks Luc

I am carrying out cycling test now-100 cycles so far and looking good.
But not much use if the cycle rate is low before the cap dies,and will no longer take a charge.

Yes I agree, the cycle rate would need to be stable and if possible ideally higher than Lithium Ion cells. However, it looks to me that the weight and volume seems much less if we compare it to a 3.7v 18650 which have an average of 2.2Ah with size of 18mm wide x 65mm long and weighing around 46 grams
The best performing 18650 Li-ion 3.7v Battery at this time is the Panasonic NCR18650B @ 3.4Ah.
I had the opportunity to load test one and it's exactly as they claim. I think it's what Tesla Motors is using in their newest Battery Bank.

Very cutting edge stuff you're working with mate!

Cheers

Luc

... .-.. .. -.. . .-.
RMS's latest vid, showing tap charging with high voltage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMiny6uma58

Did some tests myself last night. I used some self made graphene..or at least the hope at the time was it was graphene. Then, dunked it in jar battery electrolyte, from the experiments some of did when Brad showed his super cell mixture videos.
I see a link, not sure if any of it is correct of course.
Annnd didn't really get anywhere  C.C
Will be trying some more ideas shortly.
All i'm looking for at the moment, is a variant that runs a JT until the liquids dry out. Then would seal it up, similar to wet caps traditionally.

ʎɐqǝ from pɹɐoqʎǝʞ a ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu

Buy me a beer
Brad

May I ask what you are using as your insulator (separator), kapton is the logical one, but I have been playing around with compressed spun fiber, problem being to get it thin enough when compressing.

regards

Mike 8)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-01, 09:35:21