PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 19:16:13
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anomalous CMC Tests  (Read 3276 times)
Group: Moderator

« Last Edit: 2019-07-16, 17:28:39 by partzman »

Bump...

Group: Tinkerer

It’s quiet... too quiet . The first post had an attachment icon but couldn’t see one.

This is a re-visitation of a particular ferrite toroid core that I had demonstrated years ago that had anomalous voltage levels.  The two pdfs below explain my findings back then and this is an application of that core within an operating circuit.

The schematic of the test is shown below and a scope pix is also shown.

The frequency is 50kHz and the measurements are shown with statistical analysis of many measurement cycles.  The vertical deflection is adjusted for near full screen and at this frequency the resolution is ~12 bits.  Also note the horizontal sampling at 1Meg points.

Using the mean values, the output power is 2.151^2/500 = 9.25mw.  Therefore, the apparent COP = 9.25/4.372 = 2.12.

The question is, what is the cause of this core's anomaly?

Regards,
Pm

Group: Elite Experimentalist

If those figures are not some kind of error and i see you have made comparisons.

Wouldnt it not be better to make a self runner and remove all guesses?

If those figures are not some kind of error and i see you have made comparisons.

Wouldnt it not be better to make a self runner and remove all guesses?

Yes, if it was able to self loop.  However, this device is basically a reactive-to-real converter as is indicated by the phase difference between input voltage and current.  This type of converter always requires a large amount of reactive input power to produce a small amount of real power.  Looking at the Math channel, we see a peak reactive input power of ~2.4 watts or ~1.7 watts rms while the mean output power is 9.25 mw rms.  The circuitry for looping this type of device has eluded me so I'm open to any an all ideas on how one might achieve it.

So, this leaves us with the question of what causes the anomaly?  If the permeability is different in a portion of a toroidal core, then a higher output voltage will be seen at the tap but it will be in phase with the input voltage.  This can be demonstrated with PM bias on the core.  However, the additional phase shift requires another reactive element which is not apparent in the structure!

Regards,
Pm

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 19:16:13