PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 05:51:14
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zero Carbon foot print Nano magic  (Read 1812 times)
Group: Ambassador

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/18/researchers-accidentally-turn-carbon-dioxide-into-ethanol/

Were this technology ramped up for commercial or municipal use, it could provide a viable alternative for utility-scale batteries, like the one's Tesla sells. That is, in times of excess energy production from renewable resources, rather than store that electricity in a giant battery, we could instead convert it to ethanol and use that to power generators when renewable sources aren't producing. Plus it would be carbon neutral since the carbon dioxide generated from burning the ethanol would be reclaimed by the catalytic process. There's no word, however, on when this accidental invention will make it out of the lab.

also being discussed here

http://overunity.com/16927/researchers-accidentally-turn-carbon-dioxide-into-ethanol/msg494032/#new

Group: Guest
When I brew Alcohol to drink the byproduct is carbon dioxide, which is convenient because during the very
active period when a lot of CO2 is produced I pipe it into my grow tent to enhance the growth of my tomatoes
and other veggies. Any "waste" alcohol I produce at a high enough ABV I use for cooking.

Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant. Plants need it, the more PPM the better up to a quite high level.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/study-finds-plant-growth-surges-as-co2-levels-rise-16094

Better to try to reduce other actually harmful pollutants.

Having said that, securing a more stable power output from any solar or wind powered electrical generating
facility is very good. If it can be done efficiently considering all costs then that is even better.

Group: Tinkerer

Very good points FarmHand!

The Real Pollution which is destroying our Planet exists
in the form of Corrupted Politicians, Mega-Corporations
and their politically favored destructive practices which
maximize Profits.

Among those Destructive Practices is the never-ending
need for War.  The chemical by-products of perpetual
war including the Weather Control War are very bad for
all life on Planet Earth.

The Love of Money truly is the Root of all Evil.  Our Planet
and its Peoples are suffering as a direct result.

Carbon Dioxide is a necessary food for all Plant Life.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 05:51:14