PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2020-07-03, 23:44:27
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Keeping up with Technology  (Read 20499 times)

muDped
AC, I agree completely.  Old, sturdy, reliable, built-to-last is
the "secret" that we've been steered away from.  We've
been indoctrinated with the "Consumer" mindset;  those who
buy "consumables" (which are not meant to last) for
pleasure, then "throw them away" when they no longer
work.

I hear you, most of the new stuff is crap designed to fail. I have found it's easier to just build/fabricate whatever I want or fix it myself rather deal with other peoples incompetence. It's just easier and less stressful which is probably why in 50 years I have never taken any vehicle I own to a mechanic.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, however.  Empires have
historically shown that as they near the point of self-destruction
the Ruling Classes seem to go mad with uncontrolled lust for
wealth and power.  We're seeing that now.  Some have predicted
that the year 2020 will mark the beginning of the end for the
Empire of the West and also the PLAN for World Domination.

We shall see.

I would agree and think that is what were seeing as well. You know I like to harp about Trump but he's just another psychopath just like most of the other psychotic world leaders. It's just that as a Canadian were neighbors and his bad judgement and psychotic behavior wasn't expected, they were supposed to be better than that in my opinion.

So far as the end of the west you may be right however most other places look no better. China and India are a population bomb that's already went off and now it's due to implode in on itself. Russia was always backwards but there a sturdy bunch and Europe with there rural decentralized mentality should do well. Canada?, were generally polite trouble makers who have learned to live in a fairly inhospitable environment ranging from -40 to +40 C so nobody wants to invade us. Why in the hell would they want to live here?, why I saw a couple black flies drag off a cat just the other day, lol.

Regards

---------------------------
I don't like morning people... or mornings or people

Be careful when you blindly follow the Masses... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Group: Moderator

For any who still like to make use of Win98.

KernelEx, an open source project, enables Win98 to run
WinXP programs without actually installing WinXP.

I still use Win98 on several of my old computers
because i have an old printer whose drivers were
of that vintage.  I use GRUB multiboot manager to
enable booting into several flavors of Puppy Linux
as well for web browsing and working with video
files.

Keeping those older versions of Win alive and making
them even more versatile in their small size is a worthy
endeavor.

Needless to say, I shall be trying KernelEx in the near
future.  What I've read about it thus far seems quite
good.

Video explaining how to use KernelEx

Jumper's KernelEx updates

A channel with much help for running older WinOSs
« Last Edit: 2019-10-15, 04:24:05 by muDped »

The animal mind ALWAYS reacts to what it does not understand. This is what sets dogs barking. If you are going to tell the truth, you are going to have to be okay with barking dogs, because they will harry your passage until you pass through town.
Les Visible - 27 February 2020

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Related to climate change.
Images speak for themselves.
Minimal impact for an astronomical change of last 100 years.
Maybe nature takes a little more time to react?... what do you think?

gotoluc

It depends on what you consider minimal impact...

Here is the crux of my argument based on logic and reason anyone should be able to understand...

First, we have pumped billions upon billions of tons of pollutants into the atmosphere/environment over decades and as we know every cause must have an effect. Therefore supposing pollution has had no effect is a lesson in ignorance. It is simply not an option so what are all the effects?, obviously there must be many because we are talking about billions upon billions of tons of pollutants so I would like you to tell me what you think all the effects must be.

You see I don't even have to go beyond a single point to tear down your absurd argument because the basis of your reasoning is completely nonsensical. What in the hell could you possibly be thinking?, we know all the pollutants did not magically disappear so where do you think they went and what do you think they are doing?. With that single question your flawed sense of reasoning is exposed for all to see for what it is.

It's no wonder you have no idea how FE works or where to even begin because your world view is warped my friend. To be honest climate change isn't all that difficult because it's a given, pollutants, overpopulation, economic upheaval etc..  fall within the same category because again it's obvious. However what I fail to understand is how so many people such as yourself could have such a flawed sense of reason ie. the capacity of consciously making sense of things.

Do you understand?, the capacity of consciously being aware of how we make sense of things ergo thinking about our thinking ie. Metacognition. What you seem to be saying is that you believe we could just pump trillions of tons of foreign and quite toxic substances into the environment over hundreds of years and nothing will happen?... nothing. Is that it?... because that's a special kind of crazy I don't have time to debate because it's a waste of my time.

I want to help so I will say this, ask yourself this question... how do I think I make sense of things?. Now were questioning our sense of reason and perception which always tends to move us forward. Then how do I see things as it relates to how someone else might see it, now were looking at multiple perspectives beyond our own and this moves us forward faster because we have more options. You see the trick is to avoid "tunnel vision" which afflicts a majority of the population which obviously restricts our options.

Logic and reason must prevail otherwise were just animals pretending to be intelligent. Not unlike a monkey which is taught to press a button and then receive a peanut which is not true intelligence but a learned habitual behavior. If the monkey was actually intelligent it would wait until dark, crack the lock on it's cage then escape into the wilderness to be free as it should. Don't be a monkey...free your mind.

« Last Edit: 2019-10-16, 04:21:37 by Allcanadian »

Fortunately, most of what are considered "pollutants" today are
bio-degradable and rendered harmless by natural biologic and
chemical processes.

The modern "pollution" problem exists because of technological
advances which require elements which are hazardous materials
and the whole series of processes of manufacture, distribution
and ultimately recycling are grossly mismanaged for Love of Money.

The People have been conditioned to be "throw-away junkies" who
have little appreciation for the environment and life on Planet Earth.

Corporations produce tons of difficult to recycle "pollution" because
they have no real obligation to do things otherwise.  Politicians who
Love Money and Power just don't give a rat's a$$.

In a word, the Real Problem is Government.

The animal mind ALWAYS reacts to what it does not understand. This is what sets dogs barking. If you are going to tell the truth, you are going to have to be okay with barking dogs, because they will harry your passage until you pass through town.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

gotoluc
It depends on what you consider minimal impact...

Here is the crux of my argument based on logic and reason anyone should be able to understand...

First, we have pumped billions upon billions of tons of pollutants into the atmosphere/environment over decades and as we know every cause must have an effect. Therefore supposing pollution has had no effect is a lesson in ignorance. It is simply not an option so what are all the effects?, obviously there must be many because we are talking about billions upon billions of tons of pollutants so I would like you to tell me what you think all the effects must be.

You see I don't even have to go beyond a single point to tear down your absurd argument because the basis of your reasoning is completely nonsensical. What in the hell could you possibly be thinking?, we know all the pollutants did not magically disappear so where do you think they went and what do you think they are doing?. With that single question your flawed sense of reasoning is exposed for all to see for what it is.

It's no wonder you have no idea how FE works or where to even begin because your world view is warped my friend. To be honest climate change isn't all that difficult because it's a given, pollutants, overpopulation, economic upheaval etc..  fall within the same category because again it's obvious. However what I fail to understand is how so many people such as yourself could have such a flawed sense of reason ie. the capacity of consciously making sense of things.

Do you understand?, the capacity of consciously being aware of how we make sense of things ergo thinking about our thinking ie. Metacognition. What you seem to be saying is that you believe we could just pump trillions of tons of foreign and quite toxic substances into the environment over hundreds of years and nothing will happen?... nothing. Is that it?... because that's a special kind of crazy I don't have time to debate because it's a waste of my time.

I want to help so I will say this, ask yourself this question... how do I think I make sense of things?. Now were questioning our sense of reason and perception which always tends to move us forward. Then how do I see things as it relates to how someone else might see it, now were looking at multiple perspectives beyond our own and this moves us forward faster because we have more options. You see the trick is to avoid "tunnel vision" which afflicts a majority of the population which obviously restricts our options.

Logic and reason must prevail otherwise were just animals pretending to be intelligent. Not unlike a monkey which is taught to press a button and then receive a peanut which is not true intelligence but a learned habitual behavior. If the monkey was actually intelligent it would wait until dark, crack the lock on it's cage then escape into the wilderness to be free as it should. Don't be a monkey...free your mind.

Your reaction is unexpected as my post was meant to statistically and visually demonstrate the destruction of the ecosystem in less then 100 years and why I wrote it should be obvious.
I also hinted that we haven't seen any of the real effects yet.

Personally I think it will take the same amount of time (100 years) to get to see the real effect of our cause. Plus that reality would be true if we could stop all our actions right now, which we know won't happen. So as far as I'm concerned, the ecosystem is doomed.

I've realized this some 25 years ago and why I removed myself from this useless rat race.
Since then I haven't take part or supported the existing establishment (capitalism) to which further accelerates by many times over the speed in which natural resources are consumed.
Even to this day they teach in the best of schools that the one who makes the most profit is considered successful.

Sad we have lost the truth of our reason to be and became this very sick species (cancer to our own world)

Regards
Luc

Group: Tinkerer

Your reaction is unexpected as my post was meant to statistically and visually demonstrate the destruction of the ecosystem in less then 100 years and why I wrote it should be obvious.

Personally I think it will take the same amount of time (100 years) to get to see the real effect of our cause. Plus that reality would be true if we could stop all our actions right now, which we know won't happen. So as far as I'm concerned, the ecosystem is doomed.

I've realized this some 25 years ago and why I removed myself from this useless rat race.
Since then I haven't take part or supported the existing establishment (capitalism) to which further accelerates by many times over the speed in which natural resources are consumed.
Even to this day they teach in the best of schools that the one who makes the most profit is considered successful.

Sad we have lost the truth of our reason to be and became this very sick species (cancer to our own world)

Regards
Luc
I think we all agree the reason the majority of us are here is that we care deeply about our planet and our families future. I fairly sure we all have that in common.

I've asked this before. Grumpy originally posted. Is this experiment valid? It measured the presence of a field and there was not one present after the right angle.

Group: Experimentalist

I've asked this before. Grumpy originally posted. Is this experiment valid? It measured the presence of a field and there was not one present after the right angle.

Yes, it appears to be valid. See -

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/ElectronBeamMagneticField.pdf

Pm

Edit: Has this experiment actually been performed?
« Last Edit: 2019-10-17, 15:24:04 by partzman »

This experiment has been performed and the results are here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHrOn2at8Ec

Turn off the audio and turn on the closed captioning.

Pm

gotoluc

That is strange... here is your post.
Related to climate change.
Images speak for themselves.

When I read your post and saw pictures showing minimal apparent impact I thought you were suggesting that there was little impact by mankind and implied that if there was an impact we should see it ie. "nature should react". Therefore, logically, to me the message seemed to imply mankind has had little or no impact on nature which in reality is not the case.

I think this shows why "context" is so important and we should try to be more clear about what it is were trying to say. Can you see how what you said could easily be misinterpreted to mean the opposite?. My perspective is different because I have studied psychology and tend to home in on "key words" in the context of a message which also helps me decipher patents. Many times we can see something which is not actually present or not see something which is present depending on our perspective and frame of mind.

Regards

On the issue of context and clarity...

The fake media has honed there skills and in many cases they can seem to agree with a view point on the surface however the words they use and the context in which they use them tell a different story. This is essentially a form of brainwashing ie. gaslighting and we need to be very careful about the context of a message and how it is presented.

Trump is very good at gaslighting people and he will throw out ambiguous statements which he knows are untrue or offensive, then claim that we misinterpreted the statements and then claim to be a victim. This is how he continually victimizes the victim which is common among people with narcissistic abusive mental disorders. Also note that Trumps statements are ambiguous, have little real context and everything must revolve around him personally. Thus if you try to criticize the context of a message he will simply turn it around and say your attacking him personally, again victimizing the victim.

It's very strange that so many supposedly intelligent people have fallen for Trumps simple gaslighting techniques. It is truly bizarre how they all cry out that Trump is the victim as he breaks the law, lines his own pockets and prostitutes democracy. You need to ask this question...How can Trump be the victim when he is the one gaining power and profiting from it the most?. He is no victim but quite the opposite, he is obviously the dictator as he is the one dictating terms to everyone. He also talks about "all his friends" however the moment any disagree with him he throws them under the bus and calls them the enemy... so are they his friends or not?, lol.

Do you see how gaslighting works?... the more you try to fight back the more they will turn it 180 degrees to make you look like the aggressor and then claim to be a victim. So how do we fight gaslighting?, it's simple and we choose not to participate in there psychotic behavior or lower ourselves to that primitive level. We do the opposite and act professional, we state the facts in a clear and open manner then walk away. The most important point to remember is that a narcissistic abusive person cannot be reasoned with, there is no logic or reason in them, only self-interest as it relates specifically to them.

We would do well to research Gaslighting and it seems to be rampant in this populist age.

Yes, it appears to be valid. See -

Pm

Edit: Has this experiment actually been performed?

Thanks PM. I appreciate you taking a look. Edit; so if electron flow does not cause a field, what do we need to rethink?
« Last Edit: 2019-10-18, 11:14:03 by JimBoot »

Interesting however the exact details of what he was doing and how the measurements were taken seem sketchy.

He also messed this up... "It is also against the Ockham's simplicity principle". It wasn't a principal relating to simplicity more so the most accurate answer should make the least assumptions which is why it is more accurate.

On the electron, "so if electron flow does not cause a field, what do we need to rethink?". Cause is relative, if the electron spins in a circle this is equivalent to a current loop like a conductor however if the electron spins in an electron shell then the position of the loop becomes uncertain due to it's own motion. Thus we are speaking of the kinds of motion determining the kinds of effects we should see. For example an electron or aggregate of them moving in a conductor can be called an electric current with a magnetic field. However if the electrons start oscillating we could call this motion heat(molecular motion) or radiation depending on the oscillations. So there is no hard and fast rule to my knowledge that says... oh an electron moved therefore a magnetic field. It should depend on how it's moving, how fast and under which circumstances, reality can get messy.

Regards

Thinking on Jim's question as it relates to my previous experiments... "so if electron flow does not cause a field, what do we need to rethink?"

An Electrons (-) charge moving along a conductor produces a magnetic field and a Protons (+) pseudo charge moving along a conductor produces a magnetic field however a (+)(-) apparent neutral charge does not produce a magnetic field to my knowledge. That is we can move a neutral object with both (+) and (-) charges however no measurable magnetic field evolves.

From this we could deduce that "moving" charges do not always produce a magnetic field as ordinary objects full of (+)(-) charges do not carry a magnetic field with them. Here I am not relying solely on prior art but simply following a given line of reason as it evolves. we could build a truth table...

[moving charges]    [magnetic field]
(-)                          true
(+)                         true
(-)(+)                     false

Some may not see this but as an old fart/programmer raised in the beginning of the personal computer (VIC20) etc... I know this well. It is a XOR gate as below...
[input]   [output]
[A    B]  [AXORB]
0      0    0
0      1    1
1      0    1
1      1    0

You see old school is not always so old that it has no application and it can be new to those who are new to it. Truth or logic tables are indispensable in my opinion because it is logical. So we can see that moving charges do not always produce a magnetic field and it is dependent on the circumstances surrounding how the charges move.

Which begs certain questions... so we have two charges 1(-) and 0(+) and moving together they produce no magnetic field but should they separate for any reason they must spontaneously produce a magnetic field then any change in charge distribution for any reason anywhere should produce a changing magnetic field. As Faraday said it does not matter how the magnetic field change occurs only that it does when speaking of induction. Faraday was a smart man and he said this because we do not know the innumerable (new word kind of cool) ways in which a magnetic field could change as it relates to charge distribution.

How many ways can the charge distribution (+)(-) change with respect to one another and how does this relate to where and how a magnetic field evolves?. You see this is the uncertainty I believe Faraday and Ampere had issues with, which Weber partially resolved with his theory on longitudinal forces. As it were Maxwell simply discarded all of Weber's work and moved on however science does not simply move on and we have questions yet to be answered. Wilhelm Weber's work ie. Weber electrodynamics would seem to be the missing link so many here seem to be looking for in my opinion.

Regards

Modern Battery Technology is making many new discoveries.

The Aluminum-Ion Battery has been in development for several
years now but is not quite yet ready to be made commercially.

Aluminum Set to Make a Charge on Battery Technology

Super Fast Charging Aluminum Batteries

Ultra Fast Charging Aluminum Battery

How to make a rechargeable Aluminum Battery

The instructions by bigattichouse are intriguing.  Once my laboratory
is back together and functioning I want to give it a go.  I have some
ideas about other chemicals which may work as well.

An interesting conversation begins here.

How easy it is to blame others for bad decisions
and failure.

Will the big claims ever result in bearing fruit?

Sadly, a common cop-out in the realm of FE.

muDped
An interesting conversation begins here

I don't know, it looks like the same old conversation about the same old subject which never provided enough information to produce anything of substance. Another... Oh look a squirrel but I'm not going to tell you where he's going or where he hides his nuts.

Regards
« Last Edit: 2019-10-25, 05:09:49 by Allcanadian »

AC,

Precisely!

The Realm of FE could be thought of as being
The Land of Nuts and Volts*. :o

( pun intended ) C.C

* [ The Volts are the good guys ] ;)

The conversation which begins here continues.

An example of communication style which has become
rather typical of what is common in the realm of FE.

Hissy fits and refusal to demonstrate proof of big claims.

Does this explanation of the mystery generator make
sense?

Has "Delayed Lenz" actually become a proven concept?
Or, is this a unique concept within the realm of FE? ???

Is "Magnetic Neutralization" a reality?  Or, has this concept
proven itself to be the secret to OverUnity; or is it
wishful thinking? ???

What is the usual technique for minimizing Eddy Current
Heating of a core?  It can be a "wasted power" problem. C.C

Conclusion Opinion:  It really isn't "bi" who is in the dark... ;)

Is "Magnetic Neutralization" a reality?  Or, has this concept
proven itself to be the secret to OverUnity; or is it
wishful thinking? ???

I have tried many times over the years and never had any success, this even with private instructions from Dave ... however in haveing one more go at it to answer your question today, I can offer the correct approach...

https://youtu.be/zPM-MfXWRjw

Ron

muDped
An example of communication style which has become
rather typical of what is common in the realm of FE.

If a man speaks his mind in the forest... is he still wrong?.

Communication like intelligence is abstract in my opinion, having many forms and meanings often relating to our creativity and world view. Some peoples thinking revolves around images or people while others relate to sounds or words. We live in a world of great diversity and diversity and creativity is our strength.

In my opinion we own FE, it is ours for the taking if we choose to travel that road.

The Road not Taken... Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 

Regards

AC,

Great poetry by Robert Frost.  Much wisdom there.
I believe we've all experienced those forks in the
road where we must make a choice.  Why do so few
take the road less traveled by?

When I was a junior in High School taking Literature in
Mr. Shirley's class (1957-1958), he assigned me a special
project to study the writings of William Blake.  Another
great Poet.

The "communication style" that I rather obliquely made
reference to is the lack of etiquette and nastiness which
some resort to.  A real turn-off. Men should be gentlemen.

Ronee,

Appreciate the video you made.  Do you believe that using
such neutralization would make it possible for a generator
to output more power with less input?

The generators and alternators which are in use today have
considerable mass to enable a substantial "flywheel effect."
Beyond a certain minimum rotational speed wouldn't the
flywheel action essentially render the "cogging"
inconsequential?

In my teens I was able to get one of those old PM alternators
from rural telephones used to "ring" the party line in order
to call a neighbor to chat.  It didn't have any magnetic cogging
at all but when loaded the Lorentz Force was great.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-28, 06:45:05 by muDped »

snip

Ronee,

Appreciate the video you made.  Do you believe that using
such neutralization would make it possible for a generator
to output more power with less input?

The generators and alternators which are in use today have
considerable mass to enable a substantial "flywheel effect."
Beyond a certain minimum rotational speed wouldn't the
flywheel action essentially render the "cogging"
inconsequential?

In my teens I was able to get one of those old PM alternators
from rural telephones used to "ring" the party line in order
to call a neighbor to chat.  It didn't have any magnetic cogging
at all but when loaded the Lorentz Force was great.

No, neutralization is a minor componet compared to Lenz.

I think the present continuation of the supposed OU generator is just smoke and mirrors to hide the solid state device that has been bought out and shelved... they can no longer talk about it.

Bistander and even Bromickey are asking the right questions.

The video was just a personal break through, I had tried so many times to duplicate their neutralization scheme with no success. Mind you this is not how they are doing it.

Ron

Ron,

Hmmm.  Interesting thought about a possible solid-state
device.

I fully agree with your other observations.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2020-07-03, 23:44:27