PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2019-04-22, 07:13:10
News: Registration with the OUR forum is now by invitation only.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Keeping up with Technology  (Read 1463 times)

Thanks much guy. I remember this when it started but didn't have much faith it them.
That was long ago and it has come a long way it seems. Will go back and give it another
shot on an old laptop. See if it lives up. I only have one W$ machine to date the rest are
linux of some flavor and one IMac now.

See if it can run native W$ programs with out emulation. That will be a feat to see.

thay

Group: Moderator

Yes, it is best to use a test device that will not result
in loss of any important data in the event of a problem.

The ReactOS wiki has some cautions and recommendations.

More info on how to create the LiveUSB stick.

I have an older Toshiba laptop that I'm setting up to try
it out on.  I use this laptop with Win98SE to drive my old
Canon printer.  Removing and replacing the hard drive is
very easy so I'll use an old spare drive to give it a go.

I've been Linux 99.9% for about 15 years now also.
My goodness, how time flies!

---------------------------
"Truth: the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death." - John Gilmore (1935- ) Author

Well, sadly it failed the first test of my assistant bot. My age and trying to remember all the
things that I need to touch quickly has degraded to a dismal state. So I was given a bot to
try out and have been programming it to "remember" all the stuff I need.

Says it is missing a .dll file. Most likely privvy to M$ too so will not run. It has voice too that
I will be exploring in the near future.

Since ReactOS is still a ways from full development and still
in Alpha stage it lacks drivers.  Some are downloadable from
the desktop repository link while others will have to be found
elsewhere.  Once all the needed drivers are in place most users
are able to get it going pretty well.  Older hardware is presently
a big help too.

How to setup ReactOS

Installing ReactOS on modern hardware

ReactOS community channel

Installing ReactOS 0.4.11 from USB (RAM boot)

The group at ReactOS certainly deserve a lot of credit for what they're
striving to accomplish.  Each new version of Windows contains new
traps and undocumented features to discourage projects such as this.
That they've accomplished as much as they have is quite amazing.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-21, 11:39:10 by muDped »

"Truth: the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death." - John Gilmore (1935- ) Author

New thoughts on the things that interest us.

'Outside the box' discoveries and observations.

This is an example of what I wish that I'd been able to
do.
  I really envy those who in their youth make it
happen.

Maybe in the next life?

Mars is unique in our system of Planets.
"Death on Mars: Evidence of an extraterrestrial nuclear massacre"   C.C

muDped,
How do you find us the dumbest stories we can imagine, and so often missing the really informative or educational sites?
Is it due to bad luck or hard work?   :(

"Chance favours only the prepared mind."  Louis Pasteur

We shall see in due time, or as it is commonly said:
"Time will tell."

Once the "unbelievable" has been experienced with
our own eyes, then it is known that there is more.

Truth is brought to us from unexpected sources.

"Behavior Modification" as a government program is real
and it is effective.  I'm not there anymore.

Once the "unbelievable" has been experienced with
our own eyes, then it is known that there is more.

Have you experienced anything "unbelievable" and can you tell us more about it?
"Unbelievable" things are often those that only happen in our heads thanks to brain electrochemistry. My radio receivers show sometimes unbelievable signals: they don't come from the antenna, but from its internal circuits.  :(

Buy me a cigar
Have you experienced anything "unbelievable" and can you tell us more about it?
"Unbelievable" things are often those that only happen in our heads thanks to brain electrochemistry. My radio receivers show sometimes unbelievable signals: they don't come from the antenna, but from its internal circuits.  :(

How about the " supernatural "?

Or would that have been some sort of imbalance in your opinion?

I had an experience that's never been forgotten, it happened nigh on 30 years ago whilst working for the electricity supply industry.

We were commissioning a new 33KV substation just out of Machynlleth, mid Wales. The job was to take over 3 weeks and because of distance from HQ we had to do what was called " overnight stay " some " digs " were found nearby.
I happened to get the middle week between other colleagues, equal job sharing scheme.

After our evening meal and several rounds of Pong on the TV bedtime came. We were sharing a large room on the first floor of the ancient farmhouse. In the early hours I was awoken by my hair standing on end and a cold sweat, as I became conscience of what sounded like claws dragging through carpet fibre. I sat bolt upright whilst this thing paced back and forth from one end of the room to the other. I was petrified, I shouted loudly to my colleague in the bed adjacent, he was sound asleep! After several minutes I managed to muster enough courage to leap out of bed and switch the bedroom light on, nothing to be seen but the sound of pacing continued. I rushed back into my bed and there I stayed only to be assailed by voices, conversations in a foreign tongue but a language I knew barely, they were speaking Welsh. As dawn broke it was as though someone had flipped a switch, a calm descended I actually got to get some sleep.

At breakfast I mentioned my experience to the landlady who smiled and said " take a look at the guest book " whereupon I found many references to the " ghost " of the master bedroom.

" Unbelievable " ??   Not in my book....

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

I am aware that not many are familiar with Black Projects
or the trillions of dollars expended by the U.S. in pursuit
of exotic technologies.  Not many have seen evidence of
this research and development (reverse engineering) nor
are many aware that it even goes on.

Does antigravity exist?  Yes.  How advanced are the craft
presently developed by the military industrial complex?
I have seen some of the craft.

Do Deep Underground Military Bases exist?  Yes.
How extensive is the collaboration with "alien species?"

Does Cloning exist?  Yes.  How advanced at present?
What is the real reason for the U.S. military industrial complex
interest in cloning and hybridization?

Unfortunately, most of us have no idea.  It is also unfortunate
that those Black Programs are not intended to benefit the
common folk.  At least, not presently.

Disclosure via whistleblowers is slowly becoming a reality.
Consequently, some who have become aware have also
become very fearful.

A transition is coming.  It, unfortunately, will be confusing and
chaotic.  In the end it will be good.  All that is bad in our World
will eventually give way to goodness, health and prosperity
for all.

After our evening meal and several rounds of Pong on the TV bedtime came. We were sharing a large room on the first floor of the ancient farmhouse. In the early hours I was awoken by my hair standing on end and a cold sweat, as I became conscience of what sounded like claws dragging through carpet fibre. I sat bolt upright whilst this thing paced back and forth from one end of the room to the other. I was petrified, I shouted loudly to my colleague in the bed adjacent, he was sound asleep! After several minutes I managed to muster enough courage to leap out of bed and switch the bedroom light on, nothing to be seen but the sound of pacing continued. I rushed back into my bed and there I stayed only to be assailed by voices, conversations in a foreign tongue but a language I knew barely, they were speaking Welsh. As dawn broke it was as though someone had flipped a switch, a calm descended I actually got to get some sleep.

"claws dragging through carpet fibre", this evokes dreams of "evil presence" (seeing or feeling the presence of or being possessed by an evil force, including monsters, aliens, vampires, spirits, creatures, ghosts, etc.)
"Being chased and  the  presence  of  evil  force  were the  next most  frequently reported  themes  for  nightmares"
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260108201_Thematic_and_Content_Analysis_of_Idiopathic_Nightmares_and_Bad_Dreams

It's a frequent theme, so if there is also a legend on the subject concerning the place, it encourages people to fill out the guest book for the slightest nightmare. I don't see anything unbelievable.

Interesting article regarding recent U.S. Navy patents.

Commentary following the article is rather illuminating.

Is it just coincidence that the shape of the devices are the same as those used for similar purpose by the Russian torsion field work as described in the paper supplied by Vasik in the Books thread?
Smudge

In February, I discussed this patent of superconductor at room temperature on a physics forum. No one believes it. This is why we do not see any echo in physics publications whereas superconduction at room temperature would be a revolution.
There are no experimental results to support this.  I don't know why the U.S. government pays for this kind of patent but it's certainly not for a good cause. To enhance the value of a larger patent portfolio even if 90% are useless or do not work? To lock the search area?...

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2019-04-22, 07:13:10