PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2019-03-24, 17:32:05
News: Registration with the OUR forum is now by invitation only.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LENR back to academic science?  (Read 136 times)

I just found this new (difficult) paper: "Forbidden Nuclear Reactions"

I quote:
"It is found that any perturbation may lead to nonzero cross section and rate of nuclear reactions forbidden in the "ε → 0 limit. Since this statement applies to every nuclear process forbidden in the "ε → 0 limit it concerns low energy nuclear physics with charged participants in general.
These findings have important bearing on energy production. It is commonplace that nuclear fusion reactors need to be heated to very high temperature to overcome the Coulomb repulsion between nuclei to fuse and it is also assumed that in some (e.g. tokamak-like) devices the presence of impurities during the heat up and working periods is undesirable because of high power loss generated by them. However it is shown here that spectator nuclei can allow new types of reactions for which both rate and power densities are temperature independent. What is more remarkable, the mechanism found does not need plasma state to work at all which bring up the possibility of a quite new type of apparatus working at much lower temperature than the temperature of fusion power stations planned to date.
"

It is rare to see the issue of LENRs on academic sites since the discredit of the cold fusion of Pons and Fleishmann. Would it be a return?

---------------------------
"Chance favours only the prepared mind."  Louis Pasteur

"Truth: the most deadly weapon ever discovered by humanity. Capable of destroying entire perceptual sets, cultures, and realities. Outlawed by all governments everywhere. Possession is normally punishable by death." - John Gilmore (1935- ) Author

I agree with that.
Nevertheless, one question remains: why has no useful technology emerged since the Pons and Fleishmann paper, so for 30 years?

I agree with that.
Nevertheless, one question remains: why has no useful technology emerged since the Pons and Fleishmann paper, so for 30 years?

30 years this March.  They claimed deuteron-deuteron (d-d) fusion inside palladium, occurring with heavy water (D2O) electrolyte, as the source of measurable HEAT.  Heat from d-d fusion without neutron production. That is just wrong, and set the field back.

The latest involves light water H2O and H2 gas (the "control" in P-F experiments), so protons interacting with metal nuclei. (It is true that d-metal-nucleus reactions also appear to occur.)
  Proton-metal-nucleus reactions.  This is completely different from d-d fusion and appears to work - I have quoted on this forum results from Takahashi and Celani.

My astonishment at the lack of useful technology related to the LENRs was not limited to one type of reaction or another. Hundreds of papers have been published on the subject, and yet nothing really spectacular has come out of it in terms of practical realization. A simple experiment with really extraordinary and reproducible excess heat still does not seem to be found.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2019-03-24, 17:32:05