PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2020-07-04, 23:32:41
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Smudge's Papers  (Read 2166 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

I did some initial tests with the amplifier box (gizmo), but the zeroing potmeter made some clunky sounds, had a lot of end play and did not seem to react properly.

After opening up the box/pcb it turned out the potmeters back side was seperated from the front and some little broken off pieces were visible inside.
I will order a new "Bourns 1 Gang 10 Turn Rotary Wirewound Potentiometer" and replace it.

Itsu

Group: Moderator

I have posted the attached paper elsewhere, but I am re-posting it here for the benefit of all those researchers who have dabbled with BEMF spikes and found anomalous results.  Although written with the static field from a permanent magnet in mind, it could also apply to systems that do not have a permanent magnet (e.g. we all live within a static field from the Earth).  It requires a fast magnetic field transient to drive electron precessions into a “non-permitted” quantum state where anomalous results would be exhibited while the electrons return to their “permitted” state.  With our usual power sources (that are low impedance voltage sources) it is impossible to get fast rise of magnetic field since it is current that creates the field and for inductors a nanosecond rise time in voltage does not create a nanosecond rise time in current.  Where you do get a fast field transient is at the back end of a voltage pulse where voltage is switched off, and that area is ripe for investigation of the OU effect described.

Smudge

Pages: 1 2 [3]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2020-07-04, 23:32:41