PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-25, 21:45:27
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bifilar Test Circuit For AVEC  (Read 1496 times)
Group: Moderator

It's turtles all the way down
I will be using the following bifilar test circuit to attempt a replication of Spheric's bifilar test. As others will be trying it their own way, I have personal reasons for using this setup. The bifilar coil will be mounted on one end of a 4 foot long 2x4, all the circuitry will be at the other end.

A transmission line will connect  the two of about 3.5 feet length. In this way the bifilar coil can be kept well off the bench and away from ferrous metals.

I will use simple tunable inductors to set the delay and a single drive FET as shown. A compensating resistor will be used to match the DCR of the tunable delay element.

I have also opted for a very simple firing circuit that I have previously tested. It will work for FET's or bipolar transistors.

A tunable inductor on the gate or base sets the pulse width. The BEMF of this inductor creates a fast turn off by sucking charge out of the gate or base when the field collapses. I will shield all inductors and circuit.

I get a little unnerved when I see people hacking around with clip leads and all that stray inductance, intermittent resistance, and stray capacitance. Everything will be soldered and fastened down for repeatability. Good RF practice throughout.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Fantastic to hear you work on this ION, i will follow with great interest.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Glad to see you hitting the bench!

Any reason for putting the delay element on the low side of the coil? or for switching the low side rather than the high side?

I don't see a cap at the delay coil like a passive delay line, is that a copper inductor with a ferrite core (adjustable)?

Any reason for putting the delay element on the low side of the coil? or for switching the low side rather than the high side?

Not exactly what Spheric said but from the coils point of view shouldn't matter. If it is a dud, I'll abandon that approach for high side drive.

I don't see a cap at the delay coil like a passive delay line,

The delay element will "see" the stray capacitance of the bifilar. If more is needed, it can be added.

is that a copper inductor with a ferrite core (adjustable)?

Yes, both variable inductors are ferrite slug, copper coil. Iron wire delay elements can be substituted, but are harder to adjust unless using a tap, in which case you have to track the DCR.

This is my approach, everyone should do their own thing, better chance to hit the mark.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
I recall someone stating a while back that iron wire give a delay of 1ns per foot.  Does anyone know if this is correct?

Group: Guest
Hey Ion, Grumpy, and all:

Good luck with this project.  Ion seems to really know his stuff and if Poynt and others get involved it should be a very serious and thorough investigation.

I feel no "fire in my belly" for these types of setups.  I have seen many of these types of systems before and I don't think any of them have panned out.  To be pedantic, there is no logical reason for any coil/capacitor/ferrite/semiconductor configuration to produce free energy, no matter what type of excitation signal you throw at it.  But don't let my "textbook" comments take any of your enthusiasm away, I will not be commenting on the thread or the testing at all.  I will wait patiently for the final judgment to come in from the team.

Grumpy to answer your question, you can look at something comparable like a trace on a printed circuit board.  In that case the signal velocity is something like 2/3 of c.  So your question can't be answered directly, you need to say something like a signal going through certain gauge of iron wire a certain distance from a dielectric plane of material will have a certain speed, etc, etc.  Under those conditions you can calculate the characteristic impedance of the "transmission line" and determine the speed of the signal through that particular configuration.  The generic answer would be that you can expect a signal to travel close to the speed of light through an iron wire.

Anyway, good luck on the project and I will be lurking.

MileHigh

tExB=qr
Thanks MH.  I know a little about delay lines, but I have not given the bifilar a fair assessment.  I just dabbled with it and then Peter got his explosions and I never went back to it.

I would like to try it with 2kv - just for kicks

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
The approach I am taking is the 'either / or' test of the bifilar-dual pulse with or without HV. Shades of T.T.Brown and Podkletnov...
Both of theses parameters have panned out. No question about it.
I am with MH in some respects in that all the configurations so far have not shown anything. This is is due to incorrectly applied bifilar dual pulse approach of HV/low current. With this missing the configurations show nothing, minimal or non-capturable. Agreed?

I would like to try it with 2kv - just for kicks

MH

I feel no "fire in my belly" for these types of setups.  I have seen many of these types of systems before and I don't think any of them have panned out.  To be pedantic, there is no logical reason for any coil/capacitor/ferrite/semiconductor configuration to produce free energy, no matter what type of excitation signal you throw at it.

I totally agree. In over 40 years on the bench, and as a designer of power electronics including switchmode, I have a really good feel for what can and cannot happen with "any coil/capacitor/ferrite/semiconductor configuration"

This simple test is not about free energy, it is about manipulating the aether. Now if you don't believe in an aether thats fine, not sure I do, but it ( the belief in an all pervasive aether) sure answers a lot of questions and creates a host of new ones.

Here is Spheric's claim:

Assume identical pulses. Measure the ramp up time on your scope, divide this by 10. Adjust the delay, phase, so that the second pulse turns on 10% before the end of the ramp up time. Apply this to your bifilar coil. Now sweep through the frequencies from 1khz to 3.5MHz. At a certain point you'll observe very high frequency high voltage pulses that start to appear. Once you get the largest effect go back and adjust the timing of the turn-off differences first, followed by the turn-on differences for maximum voltage and duration of these pulses. If you don't have that level of control adjust the the overall phase for the best high voltage effects.

Aside from HV / HF pulses, I will have to somehow determine if there is an effect on the "Aether"

I am taking it on faith alone at this point that there is an anomaly in this arrangement that is priorly unnoticed. If there is, I will report it as exactly as I can. I have a good nose for sniffing out anything odd, and not jumping to conclusions just because a waveform looks odd......most of it can be explained if you have thousands of hours designing and tweaking power circuits. You pause and reflect on what might be happening to cause the waveform before jumping to outrageous conclusions.

For me it is strictly a matter of curiosity. Wish we could get you on board in this spirit. We need a few more cool heads with good analytical skills.

Teaching 101 electronics to Bedites will eventually either get you crucified or bogged down in argument / counter argument ad nauseum. But if that is your cup of tea so be it. I tried it once, still trying to get the tar and feathers off.

Belief is a difficult thing to overturn even with the best proofs and intentions as seen in your recent exchange with JW and John K.

An old saying from the I CHING:
If you wish to influence someone it is wise to first determine if they are influence-able

I totally agree with your teaching style and methods, would have suggested many of the same things if I were inclined to comment on the Bhoudini stuff.

Problem is a good teacher needs a willing student. A little harsher way to say it is: Cast not your pearls......
« Last Edit: 2010-09-16, 19:55:39 by ION »

Buy me a drink
My advice is 'Some conversation would be mute if you have seen the effect of the correctly administered Dual pulse/bifilar configuration.

Bifilar, stereo 16awg stranded, wound sided by side parallel fashion on a paper towel roll, driven by 1 irf840 fet on each line. 50ns pulses.
But the real fix is to have 2 layers of windings.

Can this device be any simpler? Spherics schematic on page 21 is a good start with a flytback. Easy HV and safer than MOT. Then I can pulse coils using 2 of Jason's opto isolated SSR boards. I have 4. That means 2 pairs, 2 bilfilar setups. All off a 12v battery like Don Smith. The combinations are right in front of our faces.

Due to other workload I will not be able to get to this build immediately, but will do it asap.

I urge anyone that has alternate ideas or builds to post it on their bench along with schematic / photos, test data.

No one knows a better way to do it until comparisons have been made, and that means comparing test data.

Group: Ambassador

Giant Killer,
Perhaps ion did not see your posts,
may I invite all to view [if they behave]??

Chet

There are several ways to configure a bifilar coil.  I think what Spheric is describing is a "series aiding bifliar".  The current goes through one winding, loops back, goes through the parallel winding, resulting in an LC parallel blocking tank circuit(ie...band stop filter).   Minimal current, max voltage.  I hope that makes sense.

That's my vision of what's happening.  Pulse the bifilar coil at its resonance, MIN current, MAX voltage.   High voltage pushing the aether away, collecting current across a secondary coil winding when the aether collapses back in.

Edit:  added "a secondary"

MH

I totally agree. In over 40 years on the bench, and as a designer of power electronics including switchmode, I have a really good feel for what can and cannot happen with "any coil/capacitor/ferrite/semiconductor configuration"

This simple test is not about free energy, it is about manipulating the aether. Now if you don't believe in an aether thats fine, not sure I do, but it ( the belief in an all pervasive aether) sure answers a lot of questions and creates a host of new ones.

Here is Spheric's claim:

Aside from HV / HF pulses, I will have to somehow determine if there is an effect on the "Aether"

I am taking it on faith alone at this point that there is an anomaly in this arrangement that is priorly unnoticed. If there is, I will report it as exactly as I can. I have a good nose for sniffing out anything odd, and not jumping to conclusions just because a waveform looks odd......most of it can be explained if you have thousands of hours designing and tweaking power circuits. You pause and reflect on what might be happening to cause the waveform before jumping to outrageous conclusions.

For me it is strictly a matter of curiosity. Wish we could get you on board in this spirit. We need a few more cool heads with good analytical skills.

« Last Edit: 2010-09-25, 00:14:58 by itzon »

Buy me a drink
Sure.
Do I have to do anything?
I don't mind if its opened up. Can always delete.

Giant Killer,
Perhaps ion did not see your posts,
may I invite all to view [if they behave]??

Chet

@GK

Regarding your pulsing of a bifilar coil, maybe try to just put the positive of the pulse onto one end of one coil and put the negative of the pulse on the other coil but on the other end. So you are applying pulsing in an open ended bifilar coil and the actual pulsing energy consumed should be minimal. Your coil/led should then light up so bright at the right frequency.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-25, 21:45:27