PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 06:11:18
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 218459 times)

Group: Professor

Yeah, I call it "antenna wire" because it is a coiled wire connected only at one end.
Should I call it "coiled antenna" from now on ?

P.S.
Shouldn't this antenna be composed of aluminum ?

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Yeah, I call it "antenna wire" because it is a coiled wire connected only at one end.

P.S.
Shouldn't this antenna be composed of aluminium ?

Why do you want to use aluminium wire and where are you going to get it from ?
Aluminium is full of free electrons so is pure copper speaker wire and then there is siver and gold wire if you can get it;

by the way that 3 MOS FETs driver board isn't so hot as the MOS FETs have loads of charge capacitance drag.

I have modified my old Akula version to stalkers circuit and i get the same 'crap' wave forms Itsu is getting
also the output transistor 2sc5200 needs to be self oscillating at about 20 or 40 kHz if your using 37.5  meters
of wire if you can get the 3 MOS FETs to behave and not blow the 2sc5200 up.

Also I wound a 1/4 wave cacher to test for self oscillation 9.375 M it wont self oscillate  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 2021-05-12, 00:17:18 by AlienGrey »

logic katcher power driver

Why do you want to use aluminium wire...
I do not "want" to.
Stalker writes about it in his schematic and it was my understanding, that his design is the blueprint for the devices being constructed in this thread.
See it circled in red below:

Group: Guest
Short check list for tuning.

Vasik
« Last Edit: 2021-05-12, 11:57:43 by Vasik041 »

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Itsu,

in youtube comments Sergey answered questions, he says that he has Tesla coil 12cm width winding with 0,75mm wire which is approx. 25m and 160 turns, with resonance at 4.6Mhz (calculated with calculator, which is "suspiciously" matching second resonance on his gradient coil).

Alexeev says in some video that Tesla should be half length of gradient coil which gives approx. 20m

Probably we will have to make some trials which works better...

Vasik

PS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6FrGTF731o

Good to know Vasik,   so i will start with 18.75m (½ length Grenade) 0.72mm diameter wire, none spaced, no reversed top.

Short check list for tuning.

Good check list, as things get more complex by the day....

Itsu

P.S.
Shouldn't this antenna be composed of aluminum ?

This aluminum wire for the antenna is new to me too, it used to be copper wire in all kind of diameters.

Looking around, it seems its not that easy to find (in DIY shops i mean).....

Itsu

This aluminum wire for the antenna is new to me too, it used to be copper wire in all kind of diameters.

Itsu

Itsu,

I think you can find it from hobby shops, something like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361637776529?epid=903390411&hash=item54334a8c91:g:g4oAAOSwcvFgUlHB

Vasik

Yes,    so must order from such a webshop, but was thinking more to thicker wire like 5mm:
https://www.bloemschikmateriaal.be/basismateriaal/materiaal/aluminiumdraad/aluminiumdraad-zilver-5mmx19m

Itsu

Yes,    so must order from such a webshop, but was thinking more to thicker wire like 5mm:
https://www.bloemschikmateriaal.be/basismateriaal/materiaal/aluminiumdraad/aluminiumdraad-zilver-5mmx19m

Itsu

Thicker should be fine.
The idea here is different metal, will create strong reflection point.

Vasik

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar

Itsu

Hi Itsu.

Before " shelling " out on such a rather expensive product, perhaps you could try a local welding/fabricators? Aluminium TIG filler rods come in one Metre lengths and a variety of diameters, spotted 5 mm on eBay.

If you want I could send you a length, suitably coiled, of 1.5 mm diameter as we used to do a bit of TIG welding here?

Cheers Graham.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Hi Graham,

thanks for the tip and offer  O0 , but 1m length won't cut it i think, and i already ordered the 5mm wire from that link.

Itsu

Vasik041

Very sorry but your hyperlink to tune check got corrupted tried to put back in but wont let me
from yesterday, I would be very obliged if you could re insert that link.

Many thanks SIL

Hi Itsu.

Before " shelling " out on such a rather expensive product, perhaps you could try a local welding/fabricators? Aluminium TIG filler rods come in one Metre lengths and a variety of diameters, spotted 5 mm on eBay.

If you want I could send you a length, suitably coiled, of 1.5 mm diameter as we used to do a bit of TIG welding here?

Cheers Graham.
Itsu HI, not quite sure about your Teslar winding details are you using 1/4 wave or 1/2 wave or full wave and or spacing to that wave length
please comment

many thanks SIL

Vasik041

Very sorry but your hyperlink to tune check got corrupted tried to put back in but wont let me
from yesterday, I would be very obliged if you could re insert that link.

Many thanks SIL

No problem AlienGrey,

should work now again.

Vasik

I got some length of 0.71mm diameter wire and created a kacher coil with it using a 53mm diameter cardboard former.

It turns out to be 16.5cm long, so i calulated 233 turns for a total length of 38.7m, so very close to the full length of the Grenade being 37.5m.

Wil see how it behaves, then probably will cut it in half to get the ½ wave length at 18.75m (so 8cm long only).

Itsu

Itsu,

If it does not work well perhaps you can just wound another, I mean do not cut wire too fast :)
BTW have you found sub-harmonic frequency to use with push pull ?

Vasik

I get my aluminum wire from my power company workers.
They use it for all their High Voltage overhead lines because of the low weight and corrosion resistance (high resistance is of no concern with HV).
For low voltage lines, they use copper wire. To them "low voltage" means below 5kV.

The line men just give the cutoffs to me. They are never longer then the distance between two power poles/towers, but that is still a lot of wire to me.

Itsu,

If it does not work well perhaps you can just wound another, I mean do not cut wire too fast :)
BTW have you found sub-harmonic frequency to use with push pull ?

Vasik

I was trying to find the sub-harmonic frequency to use with push pull yesterday, but could not detect any, all frequencies tried (square wave) produced a 2Mhz ringing of similar amplitude on the grenade.
Not sure i was using the correct method, i will try again though.

Itsu

PW,

These are standard, cheap power supplies.
They have diode bridge inside on the input (like most modern electronic PSU), but they work fine from DC also.
It is just a cheap and easy solution.

"N" I think marks load e.g. incandescent lamp or heater

Vasik

So, actually, these are used as DC-DC converters.

Thanks, that makes sense to me now...

I was trying to find the sub-harmonic frequency to use with push pull yesterday, but could not detect any, all frequencies tried (square wave) produced a 2Mhz ringing of similar amplitude on the grenade.
Not sure i was using the correct method, i will try again though.

Did you remember short the coil and use current sensor ?

Vasik

Vasik,

I followed PP.pdf and used my current probe as indicator.

I shorted the Grenade (½ wavelength) and used the Inductor to scan for peaks using my FG.

Found first peak at 1.377Mhz and second at 5.777Mhz.

So now trying to use 137Khz in FFT mode to get the subharmonic for the both peaks, but things are not clear from there, so will continue tomorrow.

Itsu

Vasik,
I followed PP.pdf and used my current probe as indicator.
I shorted the Grenade (½ wavelength) and used the Inductor to scan for peaks using my FG.
Found first peak at 1.377Mhz and second at 5.777Mhz.
So now trying to use 137Khz in FFT mode to get the subharmonic for the both peaks, but things are not clear from there, so will continue tomorrow.
Itsu

Itsu,

here as I understand the procedure:
First you find two regions where coil resonates (with sine). For your coil they will be around 1.3 and 5.7Mhz.
Regions, I mean around the peak, where amplitude it still high (e.g. 1.2 - 1.4 Mhz or something like this).
Like Sergey has first peak at 910Khz, he selected first region 830-1100Hhz
and second peak somewhere 4.625 Mhz he selected region 4.62-4.63Mhz

You also check with your hand lower frequency, if it is "proper" resonance, amplitude will grow when you put hand on the coil. (I think it is a property of 1/2 wave resonance)

Then you switch to meander square wave and slowly go through first region (120 - 130Khz, first region divided by 100),
writing down frequencies which give maximum close to 1.3Mhz
Sergey found 84.2khz, 87.4khz, 90.8khz, 94.5khz for his coil.

Once you have list of these frequencies, you try them one by one and select one which gives you maximum close to 5.7 Mhz.
Sergey selected 90.8khz for his coil.
So push pull frequency can 15 or 30Khz (probably 24-26 for your coil, 120-130/5).

Vasik
« Last Edit: 2021-05-13, 17:11:31 by Vasik041 »

Thanks Vasik,

i reviewed the video and figured something similar out.
Meander i translated to sweep/scan, but it seems to mean square wave here.

Will try this out tonight.

Itsu

Thanks Vasik,

i reviewed the video and figured something similar out.
Meander i translated to sweep/scan, but it seems to mean square wave here.

Will try this out tonight.

Itsu

Oh, sorry for confusion :)
"меандр" (meander) in Russian means square wave (50% duty cycle)
old scientific word, sounds like English, but appeared to be not

Vasik

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 06:11:18