PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 08:00:43
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 218469 times)
Group: Guest
Still restraining myself but I couldn't let this one go.
Hmm interesting :)

I see 5V average DC level.  Is that higher than the VCC ?
What you call Vcc in this context ? My example illustrating abstract idea of the transients, not directly attempting simulate Itsu's circuit.

Vasik

Group: Professor

What you call Vcc in this context ?
It is the high level of the step stimulus that stimulates the underdamped LCR transient.
In Itsu's case that would be the 24VDC.

My example illustrating abstract idea of the transients, not directly attempting simulate Itsu's circuit.
I know.
Perhaps the inclusion of the effect of the diodes (incl. MOSFET's body diode) would illustrate the upward ratcheting of the DC levels of steady states, which occur between pulse bursts.

It is the high level of the step stimulus that stimulates the underdamped LCR transient.
In Itsu's case that would be the 24VDC.
I know.
Perhaps the inclusion of the effect of the diodes (incl. MOSFET's body diode) would illustrate the ratcheting of the average DC level.

I don't think that diode effect is interesting in this context.

Just two more pictures about transients.
First show what happen when we use short pulse burst. I guess everyone saw it already on the scope.

And second show what happen when... frequency of pulses in the burst does not match LC frequency.
"Fish with fins" as Sergey call it :)

Vasik

First show what happen when we use short pulse burst. I guess everyone saw it already on the scope.
Do the levels of the steady states between the pulse bursts increase above VCC like in Itsu's scopeshot ?

And second show what happen when... frequency of pulses in the burst does not match LC frequency.
I agree the the frequency of pulses in the bursts greatly affects the builup of the AC oscillations' amplitude and even creates a beat effect when it deviates from the SRF.

In other words, I agree with your assessment of the AC behavior but the jury is still out on DC levels of the steady states, which occur between bursts.
In Itsu's scopeshot he marks the levels of 3 initial steady states with 90V, 120V, 150V.
I think Utopia's scopesot shows something similar, too.

In other words, I agree with your assessment of the AC behavior but the jury is still out on DC levels of the steady states, which occur between bursts.
In Itsu's scopeshot he marks these steady state levels with 90V, 120V, 150V.

I think that this DC is a MOSFET capacitance charged thru diode.
My simulation not taking into account this effect.

Vasik

I think that this DC is a MOSFET capacitance charged thru diode.
Why doesn't this capacitance get discharged when the MOSFET shorts its drain and source ?

Why doesn't this capacitance get discharged when the MOSFET shorts its drain and source ?

It is not very well visible on the Itsu's picture, but vertical lines going down below that DC levels suggest
that it actually get discharged.

Perhaps Itsu can take a larger scale (horizontally) snapshot ?

Vasik

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Not sure this is what you mean by "larger scale (horizontally) snapshot", but this is one of the first burst of pulses after attaching 24V to the primary kacher coil (single shot).

We see the 3 first pulses (out of 5) and after each pulse we see a steady increase in steady state amplitude/ringing and after all 5 pulses we see an increased steady state (90, 120, 150V).

By the way, the ringing peaks between the pulses are 88ns meaning a frequency of 11.3MHz pointing to the resonance frequency of the primary kacher coil i guess.

Itsu

Not sure this is what you mean by "larger scale (horizontally) snapshot", but this is one of the first burst of pulses after attaching 24V to the primary kacher coil (single shot).
We see the 3 first pulses (out of 5) and after each pulse we see a steady increase in steady state amplitude/ringing and after all 5 pulses we see an increased steady state (90, 120, 150V).
By the way, the ringing peaks between the pulses are 88ns meaning a frequency of 11.3MHz pointing to the resonance frequency of the primary kacher coil i guess.
Itsu

Yes, that is what I mean, thank you Itsu  O0

Please zoom it so the 3 steady states, which occur after the bursts of 5 pulses are in view. No more than 3 s.s., please.

Group: Experimentalist

I was testing the new pulsed MOSFET kacher with 24V on the primary kacher coil / drain.

While monitoring the drain using the yellow probe, i noticed that directly after starting to put 24V on the drain / primary kacher coil, i see way more then 24V on the drain, see screenshot 1

It shows that withing a few cycles the drain / prim. kacher coil voltage raised from 90 to 120 to 150V.

Screenshot 2 shows an expanded view of one of the drain / prim coil pulses and also there we see the drain voltage go from 150V to zero.

Where does this voltage come from?

I used a cmc and some ceramic / electrolytic caps in the 24V supply line to the prim. kacher coil.

The diagram below shows the general setup including some component modifications.

Itsu

So, the 24v power supply is connected to the circuit through the CMC?  If so, the power supply is floating from the grounded circuit at the operating frequency due to the inductance of the CMC.

You can check to see if this is creating the voltage rise on the drain by individually measuring the negative and positive terminals of the 24v supply with the scope ground placed on the circuit ground.

Regards,
Pm

Please zoom it so the 3 steady states, which occur after the bursts of 5 pulses are in view. No more than 3 s.s., please.

Something like this:

Itsu

So, the 24v power supply is connected to the circuit through the CMC?  If so, the power supply is floating from the grounded circuit at the operating frequency due to the inductance of the CMC.

You can check to see if this is creating the voltage rise on the drain by individually measuring the negative and positive terminals of the 24v supply with the scope ground placed on the circuit ground.

Regards,
Pm

PM,

So, the 24v power supply is connected to the circuit through the CMC?

Yes.

So you mean like in the below diagram, the CMC will cause the 24V to be floating compared to the negative (-) of the rest of the circuit?
Even though the negatives are connected see blue in diagram?

Itsu

I have bypassed the CMC negative side so its now a direct link.

I have installed a KE440CA TVS across the drain source.

Still i have the floating steady state see below screenshot leveling off around 140V.

The peaks seem to have lowered to about 600Vpp

itsu

Something like this:

Yes.
That clearly shows that the steady states (after the oscillations stop) get ratcheted up above the VCC
Assuming that this represents some capacitance getting charged up during the bursts, I do not see any signs of this capacitance getting discharged between bursts (the trace between them has no downward slope).

Could these be the PS filter capacitances after the CMC getting charged up ...or some other one ?

I have 24V coming from the main PS, a ceramic 0.1uF cap, then the CMC (negative side bypassed now) then again a 0.1uF ceramic cap and finally a 100uF 400V electrolytic capacitor before the +24V goes to the primary kacher coil.

So could it be the electrolytic capacitor being pumped up?

Itsu

So could it be the electrolytic capacitor being pumped up?
Check it out. Stick a voltmeter on it.

At 100V supply, 0,25A i have the following scope screen pictures and about 7,5mm streamer to a screwdriver i have in my hand.
The blank copper end from the antenna is about 1,6cm long.

I have a question what is the procedure of tuning grenade and inductor,   I know its somewher in the 63 pages  but don`t recall any more where precise ..  I also want to tune resonance frequency of both.

Purple trace is signal from gate Mosfet

Quote from: Utopia Now link=topic=3926.msg937
I have a question what is the procedure of tuning grenade and inductor,   I know its somewher in the 63 pages  but don`t recall any more where precise .
Perhaps this will be of help.

Perhaps this will be of help.

Utopia Now,

Some more information about gradient coil in rk_rev3.pdf on page 44
(https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=4154.msg93064#msg93064)

and here https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=4154.msg93070#msg93070

What winding style you used for it ?

Vasik

At 100V supply, 0,25A i have the following scope screen pictures and about 7,5mm streamer to a screwdriver i have in my hand.
The blank copper end from the antenna is about 1,6cm long.

I have a question what is the procedure of tuning grenade and inductor,   I know its somewher in the 63 pages  but don`t recall any more where precise ..  I also want to tune resonance frequency of both.

Purple trace is signal from gate Mosfet

Just one thing from your previous scope traces, you have Tesla coil working on both half periods of push pull.
I think you need switch one off, so it will look more like this
https://youtu.be/Z-UaulS9EUA?list=PLK7gxeQv5qT44ZM5TVnBW534ogPJnrXjg&t=80

Vasik

Group: Experimentalist

PM,

Yes.

So you mean like in the below diagram, the CMC will cause the 24V to be floating compared to the negative (-) of the rest of the circuit?
Even though the negatives are connected see blue in diagram?

Itsu

OK, what might be interesting to know now is what direction the current flows into and out of the 47ufd-400v 'lytic!  With the negative side of the CMC shorted, which direction does the current flow on the 24v power supply side of this cap?  Hopefully this measurement is convenient!

Pm

Check it out. Stick a voltmeter on it.

Used my Fluke DMM on Vdc to check out the voltages on severall points at the MOSFET +24V line.

Below diagram shows with big red dots where i measured 24V compared to the big blue dot.
The big purple dot shows where i measured more (208V), so between the diode (12R06DI) and the drain of the IRFP460 MOSFET.

Itsu

OK, what might be interesting to know now is what direction the current flows into and out of the 47ufd-400v 'lytic!  With the negative side of the CMC shorted, which direction does the current flow on the 24v power supply side of this cap?  Hopefully this measurement is convenient!

Pm

PM,

thanks for the reply, but as i have tightly build up this Kacher MOSFET drive board its hard to measure any current direction as you suggested.

Presently i made some new Voltmeter measurements, see my former post and diagram.
Do you still think your suggested current measurements are useful?

By the way, the 'lytic' i use is a 100uF 400V, and the CMC negative side is presently OPEN, not shorted.

Itsu

Just one thing from your previous scope traces, you have Tesla coil working on both half periods of push pull.
I think you need switch one off, so it will look more like this
https://youtu.be/Z-UaulS9EUA?list=PLK7gxeQv5qT44ZM5TVnBW534ogPJnrXjg&t=80

Vasik

Vasik:
   I have uploaded this image of Stalker's signal. But, you said that the image was not from Cepren (Stalker). However, it is from Stalker, and it is showing what his kacher circuit scope signal looks like. Yet, we have no idea what his devise's output, can actually do. And, if this is really the right signal that we (Itsu, you, I, and others) should follow. When it comes to self running, that is. That is why I am waiting for someone to verify the self running output, before trying to continue to replicate the controlable Kacher circuit.  As I don't have any electronics parts houses, nearby. Nor do I want to just keep buying more and more parts to just experiment with. As I want to build a self runner, not a useless device, nor to follow useless unverified schematics that don't work. Which has been the case, up to now...

NickZ

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 08:00:43