PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2021-12-01, 02:59:44
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103]
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 72377 times)

That "counter-wound ferrite core thing" (a.k.a. "gizmo") appears to be a low pass filter (or a notch filter if higher frequencies than 4MHz are considered).

Take a look at this analysis.
That is understandable but it implies that the accelerated electrons pick up some additional energy (from some other source than the accelerating voltage provided by the power supply) along their way before being harvested.

{Nice R/S VNA BTW}

You don't happen to have the S11 for this one by chance? And, S11 & S22 in degrees? Curious what the phase shift is (can't even remember how to convert Re +/- jomega).

For the HV - assume eV is at 3.73kV leaving the cathode and entering the chamber, so to speak. Sort of like one of those Tesla plasma globes or Tesla transformer toys you see on Amazon but without the corona.

OK, I was thinking something like in the MIT video - in this case, send an electron burst a few mm (speed doesn't change once the eV has set the velocity). In vacuum at least, there's no energy change during the time of flight.

Group: Professor

You don't happen to have the S11 for this one by chance? And, S11 & S22 in degrees?
No, but I could measure them again.  Which "gizmo" configuration are you interested in ?  What frequency range ?

Group: Professor

Suppose Stalkers HV threshold is at 3.73kV, could you possibly calculate (ball park is good enough) the Joules and Coulombs that might be available to the system at, or near, these various "Grenade" and "Inductor" targets.
Even if you gave me the example dimensions and distances to these targets, it would be a very difficult question to answer.

3.73keV is three orders of magnitude larger than the ionization potentials of air molecules and air consists of several types of gasses.
Take a look at this experiment:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Franck-Hertz-Neon-3.png
Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench

It is complicated enough at only 16eV and with only one type of gas at very low pressure.

In vacuum, I could make some rough estimates but I'd have to know at least the charge carrier density in the questioned space or the type and temperature of the electron emitter.

In air at atmoshperic pressure, I would also need to know the type of discharge (Townsend, glow, arc).
The secondaey secondary ion avalanche products and additional phenomena are hard enough in Townsend discharge and in air at 3.73keV are incalculable.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/Electron_avalanche.gif

Even if you gave me the example dimensions and distances to these targets, it would be a very difficult question to answer.

3.73keV is three orders of magnitude larger than the ionization potentials of air molecules and air consists of several types of gasses.
Take a look at this experiment:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Franck-Hertz-Neon-3.png

It is complicated enough at only 16eV and with only one type of gas at very low pressure.

In vacuum, I could make some rough estimates but I'd have to know at least the charge carrier density in the questioned space or the type and temperature of the electron emitter.

In air at atmoshperic pressure, I would also need to know the type of discharge (Townsend, glow, arc).
The secondary ion avalanche products and additional phenomena which would occur in air at 3.73keV are incalculable.

No problem, on either item. Gizmo - I'll wind one and measure it or simulate it seperate from the system.

For the HV - assume eV is at 3.73kV leaving the cathode and entering the chamber, so to speak. Sort of like one of those Tesla plasma globes or Tesla transformer toys you see on Amazon but without the corona.

OK, I was thinking something like in the MIT video - in this case, send an electron burst a few mm (speed doesn't change once the eV has set the velocity). In vacuum at least, there's no energy change during the time of flight.

Thanks,

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2021-12-01, 02:59:44