PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 04:42:03
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alexander Abramovich asymmetrical transformer concept.  (Read 2042 times)

Group: Moderator

This thread is opened to investigate the asymmetrical transformer concept for the "Karnaukhova-Kalabukhova generator".

Its based on the below PDF linked by Partzman some time ago in the "Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench" thread.

The diagram below shows the basic setup in which in the orange circle is the yoke transformer (2x 10 turn primary and 3 turn secondary) and in the red circle the Grenade transformer (Inductor primary and Grenade secondary).

The statement is that this concept could increase the input power 20x in the first transformer and an additional 50x in the second, totaling a 1000x increase.

A thing to notice is that in the PDF text is said that for the Yoke transformer the secondary should have more turns which it does NOT have in my Ruslan setup and thus not in my initial tests here.
Also for the Grenade transformer, the primary (inductor) forms a Parallel LC now with the cap where in the Ruslan setup it was a series LC.

Resonance in the Grenade transformer primary (inductor) was accomplished by a 450nF Wima cap parallel to the Inductor and is around 28.8KHz.
Input voltage is 24V @ 460mA.

Some initial tests show that there is indeed a minimum current (1mA rms) running in the yoke transformer secondary (which is open) and we have some voltage across the Grenade transformer primary LC although very limited (5Vpp), see screenshot.  (yellow is voltage across the inductor / wima cap, green is the current in the ground wire).

This results in an unloaded DC voltage of about 2.8V after rectification from the Grenade (secondary).

A questions i have is what type of bulb should be in the Grenade output line (presently a 220V / 25W bulb).

Video here: https://youtu.be/K7QsLSuip_E

Regards itsu

Itsu,

concerning asymetric Kacher-device I found some simple experiment done by Vasily Vorobyov here. I know, some may comment :
Oh no Donald Smith again.... >:(

but I think its interesting because I have watched another vid of him where he goes into some details how to create asymetry, but I think that we would need help from Vasik,

asymmetric vibrations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ATgK8t7cgA

Second vid: Unbalance as a source of energy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9vpceo8MHY

Now, if you feel that this is a distraction from the subject, please delete this post.

There are some issues with his presentation. He omits measurement of current from the battery in both situations. Also I have redrawn his circuit to better understand the principle.

The voltages connected in series change their relationship to each other (battery to capacitor) dramatically and very quickly, as the spark gap breaks through, i.e the battery ( - ) is floating on top of the sharply oscillating capacitor-voltage,  so there is some extra work to prove any additional energy coming in.

I do not have Tesla-Coils to test this and maybe some of you here can verify if there is just an increased output because the current in the battery has doubled also.

Mike

Hi Kator,

there are many forms of asymmetrical transformers it seems when you are looking for it  :)

I was looking for the kacher-less system as presented by Abramovich to avoid using a kacher.

But your finds show some interesting effects also when using a kacher in a asymmetrical setup.

Thanks,   Itsu

Group: Professor

It would be good to know how much RF energy is absorbed/reflected-back by the circuit attached below at various frequencies.

To observe that, you could connect your VNA in lieu of that secondary winding to get a direct S11 response, but that would not work well unless the VNA was completely floating.
This is because any grounding of the VNA would short out that parallel LC tank, which is grounded on the schematic.

You could also connect the VNA to the primary winding in lieu of the push-pull driver and make an S11 measurement all the way up to the frequencies suggested by the length of the antenna, but such measurement will be encumbered by the transfer characteristics of the ferrite and its windings.

If you make this measurement, vary the gaps between the ferrite halves to alter the coupling coefficient of the yoke transformer so the LC tank and the antenna are not tightly coupled to the primary winding ...and loaded by it.
In my opinion such loose coupling is absolutely necessary to obtain high Q oscillations in the LC tank and the antenna as described by the author of this paper.

If you see two frequency extrema on the S11 or VSWR display (one determined by the length of the antenna and the second determined by the resonance of the LC tank) then you might want to alter one or the other to make them coincide.

P.S.
You could also make that second measurement with your SA and the VSWR bridge just as if you were matching an antenna to the frequency of a transmitter.

Here an S11 (10KHz to 50MHz) response plot with the nanoVNA of the Yoke secondary with as antenna a 60cm long cliplead, see screenshot 1

The nanoVNA (and attached laptop) was floating from ground.

When extending the antenna with another meter, we see a 45Mhz peak appear, see screenshot 2

Itsu 

Resonance in the Grenade transformer primary (inductor) was accomplished by a 450nF Wima cap parallel to the Inductor and is around 28.8KHz.

When extending the antenna with another meter, we see a 45Mhz peak appear, see screenshot 2
So that antenna frequency is pretty far away from the 28.8kHz resonance frequency of that LC tank.

What do you think causes these |S11| and VSWR dips at 13/14.5MHz ? ...laptop's case as a cap plate ?

@others
|S11| or VSWR dips indicate frequencies at which the RF energy is absorbed by that circuit. 
If that energy is not absorbed, then it is reflected back to the source ...and that is manifested as a peak on the |S11| or VSWR display.
The "Return Loss" is the opposite of that.

So that antenna frequency is pretty far away from the 28.8kHz resonance frequency of that LC tank.

Yes, but that 28KHz frequency will be a problem to measure with both the VNA as the SA as it is very close to their bottom ranges.

What do you think causes these |S11| and VSWR dips at 13/14.5MHz ? ...laptop's case as a cap plate ?

Well,  thats about 20m wavelength, so it could be grounding wire or so (5m ¼ wavelength).

I have removed the screenshot of the nanoVNA only as there was a hugh difference between connected to labtop or not, need to find out whats wrong.

Instead i lowered the sweep range from 10KHz to 100KHz to zoom in to the parallel resonance peak of the inductor/cap around 28KHz, see screenshot below.
Its with (isolated from ground) connection to the laptop and with the extended antenna.

Itsu 
« Last Edit: 2021-11-21, 18:00:49 by Itsu »

I have removed the screenshot of the nanoVNA only as there was a huge difference between connected to laptop or not, need to find out whats wrong.
Most likely the enclosures of the VNA and the laptop act like one capacitor plate while the other plate is the ground or any of the other components nearby.
I marked that capacitance in black color below.

Yes, connecting / disconnecting the laptop (via USB) from the nanoVNA changes a lot, especially with the low sweep range (10 - 100KHz) as without the laptop connected the graph lines are almost flat.

So it seems very difficult to accurately measure such an open system.

Yes, connecting / disconnecting the laptop (via USB) from the nanoVNA changes a lot, especially with the low sweep range (10 - 100KHz) as without the laptop connected the graph lines are almost flat.
An optical USB cable and battery can eliminate the laptop as a factor but not the VNA's enclosure as a cap plate.

So it seems very difficult to accurately measure such an open system.
It is, especially when the T&M equipment cannot be grounded or even be near ground and other components.

Alternatively, you could connect the VNA to the primary winding of that yoke transformer in lieu of the push-pull driver (since the xformer is there anyway in the final device) and make that measurement, but it will be encumbered by the transfer characteristics of the ferrite and its windings.

If you make such measurement, the gaps between the ferrite halves become another variable since they strongly influence the coupling coefficient of that transformer.

Right,  i would say that the gap between the ferrite halves could be crucial here as the duty cycle has very little influence on the input current nor the output voltage.

If it is not then very little tuning knobs are left to turn.

Group: Experimentalist

@Itsu
Did you notice marker 3 in your VNA measurement ?
The resistance is only 1.3 Ω at 100 KHz while it is 12.8 Ω at the lower frequencies. It should be about the same.

The current may be too low at this frequency to get a correct value.

---------------------------
"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Hi F6FLT,

no i did not notice that, but indeed it does deviate.

It seems the influence of the nanoVNA and/or the laptop driving it is big on this open system, so i will try to measure it from the primary instead.

Itsu

Right,  i would say that the gap between the ferrite halves could be crucial here as the duty cycle has very little influence on the input current nor the output voltage.

right...why an airgap matters, by Prof.Aspden

http://www.aetherscience.org/www-aspden-org/reports/Es1/esr1.htm

MikeG ( G is for Germany, as there is another mike here)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 04:42:03