Electrical / Electronic Theory and Learning Center > Induction

Induction: methods and madness

<< < (2/7) > >>

Grumpy:
Unless anyone has anything concrete that proves there can be no other form of induction than what the masses already know, then SM's statement stands as "possibly true" and worthy of further study.

ion:

--- Quote from: Grumpy on 2010-11-18, 15:10:37 ---Unless anyone has anything concrete that proves there can be no other form of induction than what the masses already know, then SM's statement stands as "possibly true" and worthy of further study.

--- End quote ---

I agree and we may need to change the semantics.

A close definition of "induction" is "the act of causing or bringing on or about" which would just about fit any method that causes or brings about current to flow in a closed circuit.

From Wikipedia:

--- Quote ---Faraday found that the electromotive force (EMF) produced around a closed path is proportional to the rate of change of the magnetic flux through any surface bounded by that path.

In practice, this means that an electric current will be induced in any closed circuit when the magnetic flux through a surface bounded by the conductor changes. This applies whether the field itself changes in strength or the conductor is moved through it.

Electromagnetic induction underlies the operation of generators, all electric motors, transformers, induction motors, synchronous motors, solenoids, and most other electrical machines.
--- End quote ---

The word "induction" has now become so closely associated with the original work by Faraday, I would personally prefer to use a different word. What that word can be is to be determined (TBD). Since "coersion" is already used in standard electromagnetics, I have been using the word "enticement" although there are probably  much better choices.

Lets see if we can agree on a term that can be used to describe a method that does not employ standard induction practice, (should that method ever be discovered), a "non-inductive" cause of current flow in a closed circuit.

Grumpy:
If we cast aside the conventional explanations of how and why electricity is manifest, we start with a clean slate and then anything is possible becasue we have nothing to say it isn't.

In the later part of Tesla's life, he stated that all the energy in everything is recieved from the environment.  If we take this to meand that aether flows through everything, then we can manipulate the erngy in everything by manipulating the aether flow.  

If electrical current is actually a flow of aether into the conductor, then we can induce electrical current by causing an ether flow into the conductor.  i.e. another form of induction.

This would also imply that a magnetic field is caused by an aether current loop, and that a magnetic field is some sort of ordered aether flow.  Moving a magnet across a wire happens to cause aether to flow into the wire because the magnetic field changed the aether.

============================

"Induce" is a hard word to get around.  It means to lead or move by persuation or influence, to cause, to effect, etc.

Induction by any means is still induction.  We might use the term "convert" and "conversion" which is one of the many synonyms of induce/induction.  We might look at the process as a convertion of the virtual into the physical.

Now that I think about it, Nipher showed photographic plates of the inflow and outflow.

BEP:
How about "vectorization".

It implies something already existing being given direction and amplitude. The direction is not limited to left, right, up, down, etc.

Then we can move "induction" to a sub category of "vectorization"  ;D

ion:

--- Quote from: Grumpy on 2010-11-18, 16:07:39 ---If we cast aside the conventional explanations of how and why electricity is manifest, we start with a clean slate and then anything is possible becasue we have nothing to say it isn't.

In the later part of Tesla's life, he stated that all the energy in everything is recieved from the environment.  If we take this to mean that aether flows through everything, then we can manipulate the energy in everything by manipulating the aether flow.  

If electrical current is actually a flow of aether into the conductor, then we can induce electrical current by causing an ether flow into the conductor.  i.e. another form of induction.

This would also imply that a magnetic field is caused by an aether current loop, and that a magnetic field is some sort of ordered aether flow.  Moving a magnet across a wire happens to cause aether to flow into the wire because the magnetic field changed the aether.

============================

"Induce" is a hard word to get around.  It means to lead or move by persuation or influence, to cause, to effect, etc.

Induction by any means is still induction.  We might use the term "convert" and "conversion" which is one of the many synonyms of induce/induction.  We might look at the process as a conversion of the virtual into the physical.

Now that I think about it, Nipher showed photographic plates of the inflow and outflow.

--- End quote ---

agreed G, "induce" is a hard word to get around.

I have pondered for a long time ideas similar to what you have stated above.

SM gave us a few clues with his ideas of the squeezing of a hose to move the water, or just lifting it and moving the raised portion to move the water, or both.

Consider that the only known form of DC electromagnetic induction is the Homopolar generator. (Not to be confused with Wimshurst or Van De Graff DC electrostatic machines)

Nearly all methods that utilize changing flux density produce AC output be it a regular waveform or pulse waveform, the net AC is usually zero sum i.e the voltage or current above the zero line is usually equal to that below the zero line.

To put it another way, the secondary of a standard induction transformer can never have a DC component, regardless of the primary waveform. (linear mode, non-saturated)

Faraday showed that the current must always reverse it's direction as the magnetic field enters and exits the wire.

A device that could accelerate electrons in a closed circuit conductor, always in the same direction,  by somehow inputting pulses of energy that accumulate, could have some interesting possibilities and effects.

SM may have done this in some unknown manner. Definitely worthy of study

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version