PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-28, 22:45:57
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Teslas(?) Hairpin Circuit Correctly known as Lecher Lines  (Read 35909 times)

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Tesla hairpin copper bar didn't get interesting until he placed a coil inside the curve.

Doesn't the high impedence of the copper bar indicate that the energy of the pulse will be forced into the space around the bar and not in the bar itself?  The dieldctric on the bar, if there is any, is very thin and hardley able to contain all of this energy.  The excess goes to polarizing the so-called vacuum.  Same goes for vacuum caps. What is storing the charge?  Sure as hell is not the plates or wires.

I do not trust your comments wavewatcher and I do understand spark gap transmitters!  I think there is something else going on here.  I wish I had $$ for HV parts so I could test more  :P

Group: Guest
I can say this for sure... feeding a tesla hairpin with caps a gap and a nst is different than feeding it with a quenched disruptor at the correct frequency

I do not trust your comments wavewatcher and I do understand spark gap transmitters!  I think there is something else going on here.  I wish I had $$ for HV parts so I could test more  :P

Since I've used Lecher lines in many different configurations for quite a few different reasons and I have never built a Tesla hairpin...

I think there might be more to Tesla's hairpin circuit. I have serious doubts there is anything more to Lecher lines.

I just wish folks would stop calling simple Lecher lines Tesla's hairpin.

You don't need to trust anything I say. The only thing I trust are results on the bench.

:P  ;D

1. The hairpin needs to have it resonant frequency measured with caps in place
2. It needs to be driven at a function of its resonant frequency
3. It needs to be driven with unidirectional DC pulse - so every pulse is additive
4. it needs to be constructed of thin wall tubing
5. spark gap needs to be inline with the circuit rather than strung off somewhere on leads

This should create a very pronounced node / antinode at a number of locations

Just my opinion...

I know this ! I have a question will it interfere with my computer near buy?  I dont want to build something that will screw up my equipment!!!

depends how much power you put into it and if your power supply shares a ground path with your equipment..

run your power supply off a dedicated breaker if possible

always use an AC line filter between your supply and the wall socket  ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200429072124

big resistors are good too like the " terry filter " - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360228405308

Very good info and thank you! 

;D

stprue - watch these 1- 9 videos

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsS0BeVeIwM[/youtube]

You need to be aware that anything on the supply side of the capacitors will kill you

Anything on the hairpin side of the capacitors has the potential to kill you if a cap fails and conducts as a short

So when you touch the hairpin use the back of your hand NEVER GRAB IT WITH YOUR HAND if it fails you wont be able to let go.

NEVER touch both sides with both hands at the same time.. if it fails it will kill you

Remember if you put the light bulb in the water with your hand dont keep it there for long.. if for any reason a cap failed it will probably kill you

This is kind of an advanced build if you are not use to working with HV

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-28, 22:45:57