PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 13:21:40
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Possible breakthrough with the JouleThief (JT) circuit  (Read 80658 times)
Group: Moderator

I replicated the LTJT2 as being used by PhysicsProf, but with these differences:
transistor is a BC547, toriod with L 7,2mH (both), outer d:37mm, wire:0,8mm 40 turns each.
The video of this setup/measurement is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS8XpOY3bLg

The values measured were:

Pitotal  = Mean(V1*V2) = 1.291 * 0.021 = 0.027111
Pototal = Mean(V3*V2) = 1.272 * 0.021 = 0.026712

So,  n = (Pototal/Pitotal)x100% = (0.026712/0.027111)x100% = 98.5%

Not bad for an initial run, but no breakthrough.
I will do some tweaking/tuning with C's.

Regards Itsu

Good work, Itsu!  Now, I do have a question.  When you write,
Pitotal  = Mean(V1*V2) = 1.291 * 0.021 = 0.027111
Pototal = Mean(V3*V2) = 1.272 * 0.021 = 0.026712

-- where do you get 1.291 and 0.021 (for example)?  Are these RMS values?  **See Note 1

What I've been doing is NOT to use RMS values to calculate n, but rather to have the oscilloscope generate the MATH product V1*V2, then (using the Tek 3032), to provide the MEAN of the MATH waveform.  Is that what you did?

Meanwhile, I have replicated Itsu's variation of the "inductors-after-transistor" circuit proposed by Groundloop earlier in this thread.  There are significant differences I find in Itsu's variation -- which one can readily see from the side-by-side comparison of the two schematics (see attached).  Note that Itsu has BOTH inductor loops connected to the emitter,; Groundloop has one connected to the base and one to the emitter.  Also, Itsu forms a tank-circuit with the feed-back loop (as I have also suggested earlier in this thread).  

I replicated Itsu's variation (about 560 nF instead of 1uF however) and it worked GREAT!  I will attach input and output waveforms shortly.

NOTE 1 added -- Sorry, Itsu -- I asked before I saw your vid, but I have seen it now.  I like your method of showing vids to go along with your posts -- very informative.  (I'm learning a lot here.)
I see that you get 1.291 and 0.021 as MEAN values of the input voltage and input current, so that you are taking Pin (= Pitotal)  as Vin, mean * Iin, mean.  But this is not the same as taking the instantaneous
Pin (t) = Vin (t) * Iin (t)  (shown in the Math product waveforms on both my ATTEN scope and the Tek 3032 at the University) -- and then taking the MEAN value of P(t) over numerous cycles.  Whew -- a mouthful. 

But the latter method is what we have come to on this forum in other threads as the correct method -- for non-sinusoidal waveforms especially when the current and voltage are (or may be) out of phase -- as is the case with this circuit.
It takes a fancy oscilloscope to calculate the Mean of the Math product -- the Tek 3032 will do this...  does yours have these functions?  Difficult without these special functions, I think, to determine n accurately.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-15, 22:16:28 by PhysicsProf »

I like this variation proposed by Itsu -- photo shown in 1st attachment.  You can see that I've added a one-ohm resistor on the input (and the output) -- as done in the JT circuit as shown in schematics earlier in the thread.  
Hopefully the photo shows clearly enough the scope-probe connections. ** see added note below

Resultant Power Waveforms (V* I, where I is V over a one-ohm resistor) are shown in green, labeled Pin (left) and Pout (right).  Recall that for the green Power waveforms, I take the downward Y axis to represent positive power.  I compared the integral (E=P*t) under the waveforms, and it may be that Eout exceeds Ein, but I will await results from the MEAN function on the Tektronix 3032 for the Power waveforms, to check the result...  

I highly recommend replicating Itsu's circuit variation.

NOTE:   For Pout, the voltage across the output circuit is taken at the "triple point" where the diode connects to the emitter, along with both inductor legs.  However, the more I study this circuit, I'm not sure this is sufficient for measuring Pout correctly -- I would appreciate input on this question of WHERE to measure the voltage for Pout.  (My concern is that the left "branch" from this point, through the feed-back loop, carries back to the base of the transistor...)

Group: Guest
Wow, great results guys!   Adding the capacitor was a good idea PhysicsProf, I'm glad to hear you were able to replace the OOP (out of phase) condition.

Same to itsu -- 98.5% efficiency is a really impressive place to start.

I'm still waiting on a camera , but I've moved my desk, table, and frequency counter etc to one place to set up my lab, as well as moved a variety of toroids and electronic components out of storage.   No new results, but nearly complete in getting set up , so that I will be able to make relatively frequent open-source postings on my blogs, complete with photographs.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Hi prof,

I am glad you like the videos that goes with the posts.

My scope only can show the math (V1*V2 f.i.) as a trace, not as values.
So i have to do it this way, but you are right, its not that accurate.

Concerning the "itsu variation" of groundloops special circuit, this is the editted
version by groundloop himselve, see the post #2, so all credits goes to him.

I too played around with this "groundloop special" using a 5K potentiometer as R.
Without load (led), i can tune to about 7.6Vpp with my mje13007 transistor.
With the led, it decreases to 4.8Vpp, and some good light comming from the led.
I will try some different C's as well, and measure the efficiency.
Video to be seen here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kdve9sKrxQ

But i too have problems finding the correct point for measuring the output.
My Mean output voltage show no where near the values i expect when measuring at the "triple point".

Well, time to experiment some more i guess.

Regards Itsu.

Hi prof,

I am glad you like the videos that goes with the posts.

My scope only can show the math (V1*V2 f.i.) as a trace, not as values.
So i have to do it this way, but you are right, its not that accurate.

Concerning the "itsu variation" of groundloops special circuit, this is the editted
version by groundloop himselve, see the post #2, so all credits goes to him.

I too played around with this "groundloop special" using a 5K potentiometer as R.
Without load (led), i can tune to about 7.6Vpp with my mje13007 transistor.
With the led, it decreases to 4.8Vpp, and some good light comming from the led.
I will try some different C's as well, and measure the efficiency.
Video to be seen here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kdve9sKrxQ

But i too have problems finding the correct point for measuring the output.
My Mean output voltage show no where near the values i expect when measuring at the "triple point".

Well, time to experiment some more i guess.

Regards Itsu.

Ltsu,

Great video great test. Here is another idea to test out.
Make a L3 coil that has a resonant frequency of 210KHz.
Then tune the circuit with your variable resistor for maximum
output. Since we now are pumping energy back into the
rechargeable battery, then maybe we can light a LED much
longer than with a normal oscillator? Just thinking.......

GL.

Ah -- thanks for clarifying Itsu,  And thanks much for the novel ideas Groundloop!  Very interesting circuits.

I've gotta run this evening with wife and friends, but wanted to post the circuits (schematics) we've been studying -- trying to figure out the best way to determine Pout-total (total Power in the output leg) -- where to connect the leads.  Numbers on the schematics will allow us to discuss where best to place the scope leads to get Pin, Pout and thereby, n.  Tomorrow I'm going to use the Tek 3032, so any input by tomorrow morning would be VERY helpful.

Groundloop's circuit #1 is shown on the right (attached) -- that's the one we're puzzling over, where to connect the scope probes.
On the left, see the "standard" JT circuit, and the locations of where we (many of us) previously agreed to make the probe connections on that circuit.  Here (right schematic) it is a bit more challenging!

(A visiting friend used his camera this evening to get good shots of the Numbered schematics.  Thanks, Brian!)

PS -- I'm thinking of putting CSR's of 1 or even 1/2 ohm in the circuit to measure input and output Powers, without perturbing the circuit significantly...

Another approach (thanks, GL) is to use a Cap as both a power source and a power reserve for the output, especially interesting if Pout > Pin...  Then the voltage on the Cap will rise, and this can be measured by switching circuit off and taking a measurement from time to time.

nice circuit isn't it.. old circuit i just found out.. hartley osc..

http://www.youtube.com/user/koolerization#p/u/15/AYuuGNV35Ys

if you need more ideas try some of these
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=9733.0

robbie

Feynman Joule Thief Experiment 001: Frequency Drift vs Circuit Placement

Okay guys, so I'm still setting up my lab, but this was a quick experiment I worked up to make use of my frequency counter.

Materials:  I'm using the standard Joule Thief setup with a 2N3904 NPN transistor, a somewhat-new 1.5V AA battery, a trifilar wound 3cm ferrite toroid, with one of the windings left 'floating' and the other two windings in standard bifilar JT configuration.  This matches the professor's circuit , minus the CSR resistor.  This setup is also using a blue LED with a draw of approximately 30mA and it is very bright.  No resistor or capacitor is connected in this JT.   The frequency counter I used was a Vicor VC3165 , capable of 0.01hz - 2.6ghz measurements, measured with channel A and a 50% gate time  (about 10-15 seconds).

Methods: I tested the circuit to see how time and position it's resonant frequency, as measured at the collector/emitter of the transistor.  My  previous rough scope calculations based on counting squares put it in the vicinity of 8khz.  The more-accurate frequency counter measurements were closer to about 7khz.  I used a 10-15 second sampling interval on the frequency counter,  which then updated and displayed the mean frequency for this interval.  In any case , I did this:

1) Connected up Joule thief and started taking notes.  Noticed the freq counter number 'drifted' significantly over a few minutes, from about 7.013khz down to 7.009khz, then up to 7.043khz (<1% deviation).  This placement of the circuit was next to my laptop.  I decided to run two tests:  one with the JT on the floor, and one next to the laptop.

2) I took the still-powered on Joule Thief and placed it on the floor , approx 1m from any potential localized EMI from the laptop / cell phone etc.  I observed the frequency every 30 seconds and recorded it for the graph for 5 minutes, which is displayed as 'ground'.

3) I then picked up the still-powered on Joule Thief and placed it back next to my laptop on my desk, in the vicinity of both my laptop as well as the frequency counter and cell phone.   Again, I recorded 5 minutes of measurements.

Results:

See attached graph.

-The 'floor' frequency was significantly lower than the 'table'  frequency .   I suspect this is experimental error from jostling the circuit when moving it to the floor, as you can see by the circuit beginning to creep back up to 7khz over the time interval.  Further tests not included in this study show 'floor' frequency can be as high as 7.2khz, so the likely culprit was physical trauma to the circuit changing its resonance.

-Joule thief may be susceptible to localized EMI from laptops, but the effect is less than that of physical changes (movements) to the circuit configuration.

-The JT graph when it was placed near EMI is subjectively more volative, but more tests would be needed to confirm this effect.

-In both high-EMI and low-EMI conditions, Joule Thief experiences significant frequency drift.

Conclusions:

Joule Thief has a significant frequency drift, with potentially unexpectedly long period of oscillating drift (the drift period, if it exists, is measured in minutes, and may be aperiodic, or perhaps more complex, possibly even a mathematical attractor.) The drift is approximately +/- 1% of the fundamental frequency, and may be as high as 2%.   Subjectively, physical movements of the JT circuit and apparatus appear to have more frequency-related effects than to localized EMI, but we do not have enough information to make definitive conclusions yet.

Future work may include the testing of Joule Thief within a Faraday Cage to minimize the effects of transverse EMI, as Faraday Cages are only permeable to Scalar EMI.  This test would apply to any OU / Out-of-phase operation conditions as well.

Other work perhaps should also include a bifilar wound (rather than trifilar) toroid, as well as perhaps grounding the third winding to itself to minimize inductive effects of localized EMI.

Another important question that remains to be answered is does standard Joule Thief have a resonant frequency, or its resonant frequency a range depending on outside factors (temperature, EMI, internal effects, etc)?

The most significant finding is that Joule Thief has internal frequency drift which appears somewhat independent of local EMI.    

-Feynman, 3/15/2011  

P.S.  I left the device running untouched on the floor for around an hour as I posted on overunity.com, and the frequency climbed up to 7.310 khz.    So there's definitely at least a +/- 1%  percent drift here.   It began pouring rain, so perhaps humidity and/or RF attenuation is having an effect. . .  Or perhaps the oscillator is simply a nonlinear dynamical system with chaotic features (sensitivity to initial conditions, density of periodic orbits, etc).  Either way, it's important to know it's properties moving forward with this and other open-source, potential overunity projects.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-16, 05:10:17 by feynman »

Feynman:

If you look up the Joule Thief on Wikipedia you will see the formula for the oscillation frequency.  This formula is for the approximate frequency.

In looking at your data it's arguable to say that the Joule Thief has very little drift as opposed to saying it has a significant frequency drift.  I suppose it all depends on your criteria.  I would suspect that the main reason you are seeing the slight frequency drift is due to the battery characteristics changing relatively slowly over time.  The more discharged the battery the more you should observe these kinds of effects.  You might try an experiment where you test fresh vs. nearly depleted AA batteries, or different types of AA batteries, to see what the frequency plots look like.

In addition, if you connected your Joule Thief to a very stable power supply, you might not see any perceptible drift at all.  That would back up my theory that the battery is the main cause of the frequency drift.  There is the possibility that the Joule Thief will not oscillate if it is directly connected to the power supply.  You may have to put a 20 or 50-ohm resistor in series with the positive rail to emulate the battery's output impedance.

When you move the JT from your table to your floor it's not surprising to see the slight frequency shifts.  Chances are you are changing what the ambient permeability is in 3D space around the Joule Thief.  This will have very very slight effects on the absolute inductance of the two coils running at the Joule Thief operating frequency (it's actually a spectrum of frequencies) and as a result their mutual inductance.  Almost any circuit oscillating at a relatively high frequency will do the same thing.  Moving a magnet in the vicinity of the Joule Thief will likely have a more dramatic effect on the operating frequency. That's because the magnet will be an imperceptible load on the Joule Thief, and will be sucking a very small amount of power out of the circuit.  At the same time it could influence the toroidal core of the JT transformer and change it's energy storage capacity very slightly, hence affecting the mutual coupling between the two coils, which should also affect the JT frequency.

MileHigh
« Last Edit: 2011-03-16, 19:47:45 by MileHigh »

@Kooler -- I looked at your video -- good work.  I noted that your were using primary, feedback AND secondary windings, which differs from the present circuit (which lacks or does not use the secondary winding).

@Feynman --Yes, I've noticed drift in the resonator frequency...  an interesting phenomenon.

I've been thinking more about the Pout/Pin measurements.  In the "old" JT circuit, we agreed that measuring V3 as shown on the schematic (see attached) was the correct method.  We measured the "output" Voltage between point 7 and point 8 (the same as, between point 1 and point 6, looking at direct connections.)  But even there, note that there is a connection from point 7 around to the base, through L1 and L2.

In the present circuit, I've been taking the output Voltage between point 5 and point 9 (or 3, 3 connected directly to 9).  Here the connection to the base of the transistor is through Cap C2 -- through which no NET current flows since this is a capacitor.  Again, we find MEAN voltage over many cycles, so we can be assured that the NET current flow across the cap C2 is zero.  Not the case for CSR1, of course, where the net current flow is crucial to our method of measuring the power.  So I think that this is the proper place to extract the "output voltage" -- again, from point 3 to point 5.  This measures voltage drop across the LED, and across L1 and L2.  If there is any "input of energy" from an unknown source, it would likely come through the inductors (admittedly a wild, but educated, guess), so I like this arrangement. 

However, if I find n>1 in this circuit, I predict that those who are silent now about WHERE to put the probes will be very vocal then...     

Feynman:

If you look up the Joule Thief on Wikipedia you will see the formula for the oscillation frequency.  This formula is for the approximate frequency.
moving a magnet in the vicinity of the Joule Thief will likely have a more dramatic effect on the operating frequency.

Sure the formula is approximate. And the higher the frequency, the more inaccurate the formula. Essential parameters are not taken into account, like transistor capacities between collector and base, or collector and emitter, which are temperature and voltage dependent. The capacity between the 2 coils is also not negligible. The ferrite can also be heated or saturated, reducing the inductance. A magnet near a ferrite lowers also the permeability. With a very sensitive device which was an HF oscillator based on a resonant coil with a ferrite rod like in AM radios and whose I monitored high frequency harmonics with a SSB receiver, I was able to detect a neodymium magnet at more than 3 meters from the ferrite, by the slight change of the beat audio tone.

When I was a very young and inexperienced experimenter, ignoring all the laws of physics and electronics, I was offered a box of "Philips electronics engineer" (http://radio.gort.dk/page089.htm  :D) and I played for the first time with oscillators. I didn't know Colpitts or Hartley oscillators, the only one type I discovered were oscillators like JT, with the coil in the collector circuit. I can say that this type of oscillator is always very unstable. What a pain it was for me who wanted a stable frequency for radio operations!

From what I read about JT, I see no more than the weirdness of results only due to a quite incommensurable numbers of parameters, most of them not taken into account in the analysis but conventional, generating various phenomena, sometimes chaotic due to non linearities, threshold and hysteresis effects. But is it the reason for the interest for JT? Or is there serious signs of OU beyond this diversity?

Exnihiloest:

Yes I played with a similar very basic electronics experimenter's kit when I was a young adolescent!  I had no real idea what I was doing but I was transfixed.  I also built the child's crystal radio kit a few times.  I wonder if they still make them.

As far as the Joule Thief circuit goes, sometimes things can take on a life of their own.  I think all the excitement started when people discovered the "magic" where a Joule Thief can light a string of 10 or 20 LEDs in series.  With respect to the causes of the frequency shift, you have probably seen different Spice models for transformers.  A basic Spice model may only consist of the two coils and a few parasitic capacitances.  A more complex Spice model might have upwards of 15 or 20 components, just for a transformer!  So indeed, the same principle can apply to the Joule Thief.

There is no over unity to be found in a Joule Thief circuit.  But don't let that stop "les boys" from trying!

MileHigh

« Last Edit: 2011-03-16, 19:41:41 by MileHigh »

There is no over unity to be found in a Joule Thief circuit.  But don't let that stop "les boys" from trying!

MileHigh

Do we not need to bother with experiments and measurements, then?

How do you know this, for sure, MH?    You speak with such chutzpah...

Because no combination of active and passive electronics components can be connected together to produce free energy.  I am talking about transistors, FETs, diodes, inductors, transformers, capacitors, resistors, etc.  Each individual component cannot produce free energy so you can try putting them together in any possible combination and you will not get free energy.  The same thing applies to magnets, they are not a possible source of free energy.

So what about you PhysicsProf?  Why do you think a Joule Thief can be a source of free energy?  Note that it is simply a series of active and passive electronics components connected together.

If you speculate that a coil is a source of free energy, do you have a possible explanation for why this is the case?  There is a good argument for running tests on the simplest possible coil-based circuit to test for free energy, and forget all about the Joule Thief.   It's something that I have suggested many times.

Meanwhile Lawrence has departed the scene.  His original data was abysmal.  Then he sent what was supposedly an over unity Joule Thief to Poynt and it was tested and shown to be under unity.  This was a foregone conclusion, but it was hopefully fun and a good learning experience for all involved.

If somebody actually had an over unity system and showed good data I would believe it.  Whatever it was, it would be far outside the realm of what is discussed on all of the forums.  If it was real it would shake the world right to its foundations and change everything.

MileHigh

Group: Tinkerer

Electronic switching circuits can be made to operate
in several different "modes."  Some of those modes
are linear, some are non-linear and some are "strange."

What we are seeking to find are those "strange" modes
which exhibit very unusual properties and outputs.

When any circuit is operating in a stable mode there are
never any surprises.  "Strangeness" always seems to
be accompanied by some sort of instability which makes
it so elusive and so difficult to reproduce and replicate.

Free running oscillators (non-crystal controlled) can be
designed to be quite stable.  A preferred circuit for such
applications was traditionally the Colpitts Oscillator with
a temperature controlled oven to minimize frequency
drift.  The tuned circuits in those oscillators were built
with maximum Capacitance in the LC combination which
developed the desired frequency range.  High capacitance
always improves frequency stability.

Oscillators which employ little capacitance, or even stray
capacitance, are always very unstable and are easily
"pulled" by environmental conditions.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

What we are seeking to find are those "strange" modes
which exhibit very unusual properties and outputs.

When any circuit is operating in a stable mode there are
never any surprises.  "Strangeness" always seems to
be accompanied by some sort of instability which makes
it so elusive and so difficult to reproduce and replicate.

I would equate your use of the term "strangeness" somewhat akin to using the term "secret sauce."  In the former case it holds the unproven but tantalizing proposition that something can be unlocked that hasn't been discovered yet.  It almost implies that something is really there and it's just a question of doing your due diligence and you will eventually find it.  So how many failed experiments with coils do you have to do until you finally concede that there is no magic energy from the vacuum that materializes out of nothingness when you pulse a coil?

I just don't buy it and I can see that you are a firm believer that "something is out there."

There are no "strange modes," there is just the requirement to do your own due diligence and try to understand what is going on.  And that means if you are serious you can't just "bypass" all of the knowledge about energy and electronics that has been built up over time and just fork out on your own.

Perhaps I can put it this way... If you want to claim "strangeness" then show me your PhD in Electrical Engineering first.  Otherwise chances are that "strangeness" is really just ignorance in action.

MileHigh

Group: Tinkerer

I just don't buy it and I can see that you are a firm believer that "something is out there."

There are no "strange modes," there is just the requirement to do your own due diligence and try to understand what is going on.  And that means if you are serious you can't just "bypass" all of the knowledge about energy and electronics that has been built up over time and just fork out on your own.

Perhaps I can put it this way... If you want to claim "strangeness" then show me your PhD in Electrical Engineering first.  Otherwise chances are that "strangeness" is really just ignorance in action.

MileHigh

Yes, I am a firm believer.  I have seen it.  All will see it soon.

Isn't it strange that "ignorance" has led to some of the most
incredible discoveries.  The vast majority of those discoveries
by ordinary researchers who did not possess high levels of
academic degree.

I have eschewed all manner of education from approved
institutions of higher "learning" or education in favor of esoteric
"technical" programs within the military establishment.

Most citizens would be very much surprised to find what is
being done in the name of "national security."  But then, with
the advent of this present apocalypse those secrets are soon
to be revealed as well...

Look to the skies.  You will see it there first.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Dumped:

I respect your perspective but I am not sure that the majority of discoveries were stumbled upon.  You have your own world view and I have mine and that's pluralism for you!

I can't agree with you about the notion that something big is going to be happening soon.  It certainly feels like that, but I think that it's just coincidence.  You haven't specifically mentioned 2012 so I am not sure if you are attaching any significance to that year.  There has been lots of big news for sure, so I personally am hoping that 2012 is a "normal" year.

MileHigh

Isn't it strange that "ignorance" has led to some of the most
incredible discoveries.  The vast majority of those discoveries
by ordinary researchers who did not possess high levels of
academic degree.

Whom and what are you talking about?
Ordinary technical inventions, or real discoveries and progress in ideas and human knowledge?

Here are some of the great figures of history whose the name has been associated with discoveries, physical effects, physics units, breakthrough in ideas or math methods, and are references in science, even today:

Tesla: electrical engineering at the Austrian Polytechnic in Graz.
Ampère: polytechnic school, Paris.
Maxwell: Edinburgh Academy.
Weber: University of Wittenberg
Gauss: University of Göttingen
Helmholtz: University of Königsberg, University of Bonn
Newton: Trinity College, Cambridge
Lorentz: University of Leiden, NL
Heisenberg: Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Copenhagen
Feynman: Far Rockaway High School, USA
Coulomb: Collège des Quatre-Nations, Paris
Fermi: Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa
Einstein: Polytechnic, Zurich
Bohr: Copenhagen University, Royal Danish Academy of Sciences, NL
Brillouin: Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich
Curie (Marie): Faculté des sciences, École Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles, Paris
Dirac: University of Bristol, UK
Cherenkov: Voronezh State University, Russia
Ångström: Uppsala University, SW
Becquerel: École Polytechnique, École des Ponts et Chaussées, Paris
Volta:  Royal School, Como, Italy
van der Waals: University of Leiden, NL
Wheeler:  University of North Carolina, Princeton University
Sagnac: École Normale Supérieure, Paris
Schrödinger: Akademisches Gymnasium Aus, Zurich university
Seebeck: University of Göttingen
Röntgen: Federal Polytechnic Institute, Zurich
Rayleigh:  Trinity College, University of Cambridge
Poincaré: École Polytechnique, École des Mines, Paris
Poynting: Cambridge University
Pauli: Döblinger-Gymnasium, Vienna
Mössbauer: Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg, D
Millikan:  Columbia University
Henry: Albany Academy, USA

This list is far from being exhaustive. I filled it with physicists that I remembered at this moment. I surely forgot brilliant people among them, sorry if some of them are your favorites. The important point is: we see that all come from academic institutions, universities or high school, the most of these institutions being prestigious.
Where is the "vast majority of those discoveries" coming from the ignorance of genius inventors in their garage? We don't see one. It is an urban legend.

The vast majority of fundamental discoveries come from "prepared minds", which is a formula from Louis Pasteur, inventor of vaccination and modern medicine methodology: "In the field of observation, chance favors the prepared minds". It means that new phenomena appearing in front of unexperienced people can remain unnoticed. One of the best examples is the discovery of penicillin: only a "prepared mind" was able to understand there was something great behind orange mould that he observed.

I agree that today, the main stream science is a bit fossilized. But to refuse to acquire some real physics background, a demagogic or wishful thinking letting believe to be smarter because of a "not formatted" mind, is to act like a looser. The knowledge, not the ignorance, will favor the discovery of FE. It is already confirmed right now: Mills, Rossi or Focardi whose their devices are the only ones that I know with third party attested excess of energy, come from universities or engineering high schools.

Dear Professor,
You are reversing the burden of proof (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof).

Why should we lead experiments on JT oscillators and not on Colpitts oscillators or whatever else?

We lead experiments either because we have a theory to check, or to confirm anomalous results that puzzled us.
Then what are the objective elements about the JT circuit, that should trigger the need of experiments?

It was my previous question and nobody replied.

Because no combination of active and passive electronics components can be connected together to produce free energy.

It is likely, MileHigh. But there is a simpler reason: no experiment can prove that something doesn't exist. Science is only about what we observe.
Therefore there must be something at the beginning of the research otherwise an infinite number of experiments would be to lead.
It can be a theoretical hypothesis that something new could appear in such or such situation, or we have already strange results from other experiments or from observations. Only then we need to check them.

« Last Edit: 2011-03-17, 12:25:48 by exnihiloest »

@MH,
If you studied and believed Newtonian Mechanics, you have to agree with the following diagram of simple collisions.  The two ball collision with a moving piston conclusively proves that a pulsed order of molecular motion can be created by the oscillating piston.  The pulsing order can do work and the energy comes from the kinetic energy of the molecules.

@all,
Just ignore MH and carry on.  You will hit the resonance or pseudo resonance conditions soon.  Rosie and team have proved it.  The coming trips from PhysicsProf will prove it. 

Details isn:
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/7434-lee-tseung-lead-out-bring-energy-theory.html

@MH,
If you studied and believed Newtonian Mechanics, you have to agree with the following diagram of simple collisions.  The two ball collision with a moving piston conclusively proves that a pulsed order of molecular motion can be created by the oscillating piston.  The pulsing order can do work and the energy comes from the kinetic energy of the molecules.

@all,
Just ignore MH and carry on.  You will hit the resonance or pseudo resonance conditions soon.  Rosie and team have proved it.  The coming trips from PhysicsProf will prove it. 

Lawrence:

You claimed that your Joule Thief was an over unity device but in fact it is not.  I issued a challenge to you to provide documented evidence that you had an over unity Joule Thief before you sent another sample to Poynt and you did not respond to that posting.

You can't extract energy from randomly moving gas molecules.  The random motion cancels itself out.  You need wind where there is a net motion in one direction to extract energy from moving gas molecules.  I also made a long posting about your tuning fork example and how that is also not an over unity system.  I don't believed you replied to it.

I don't know what world or "plane" you live on Lawrence but there is reality and fantasy.  You appear to live in some sort of fantasy world when it comes to energy.  Your speculations and proclamations about resonance and "pseudo resonance" are pure fantasy.  In that sense you are the one that should be ignored.

I am all for people doing their experiments and learning and having some fun.  The Joule Thief will never produce any excess energy.  That's simply the reality.  Resonance or no resonance or "pseudo resonance" it doesn't matter.  These are meaningless concepts when it comes to a Joule Thief.  In technical terms a Joule Thief is a form of "bistable multivibrator."  There is nothing special about it.

MileHigh

@MH,

Will you be willing to have a scientific debate at the bench of a real Physics Professor.  PhysicsProf can be the moderator.  All he needs to do is to verify that every single equation I use is correct in Newtonian Mechanics.

The first debate will be on:
The two tuning fork in resonance experiments done in all Physics Courses do produce a louder and longer sound experimentally.  The theoretical explanation is that the first vibrating tuning fork produces a pulsing order motion of the molecules.  This pulsing order can do useful work (such as exciting or pulse-pushing other tuning forks).  The energy to do such work comes from the kinetic energy of the air molecules.

The other debate on the resonance of FLEET can wait.
Either PhysicsProf or others will hit on the resonance condition.  Or when I get back to Hong Kong and reproduce the waveforms from my Oscilloscopes.  Or after the Hong Kong Government has given every Hong Kong Citizen HK$6000 as reported on the News.  (I can then buy the Oscilloscopes, etc and set up a physical bench in USA.)

We can ask PhysicsProf to set up a separate thread at his bench.  Or if you prefer, use the debate forum where Harvey was the moderator.  I prefer using PhysicsProf as Moderator as There will be Physics equations.

A proper scientific debate will benefit all. Amen.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 13:21:40