PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 21:48:28
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: What is Known about the TPU  (Read 442508 times)
Group: Guest
@All

PJKBook has been updated.
Relevant part starts on page 3-107

(phase conjugation is so "Bearden-esque" that I found it painful just to type the word on my keyboard)

excellent.     ;D

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Its a mess anyway. What progress has been gained so far?

I ask this with investigative intent.

a few interesting things but I set it aside to race ATV's instead - more fun!:  >:-)

G, make sure you accelerate the same duration going EAST, as you do going WEST,  in order not to disturb the rotation of the earth!     :D

sounds like fun, enjoy!

EM

« Last Edit: 2012-05-15, 07:33:37 by EMdevices »

tExB=qr
I found this brief discussion of producing current without using an EMF.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=250863

After discussion of what EMF is and superconducting loops, the question of how to start the superconducting loop arises, and the answer is to use a magnet to start the current.

I think this is what SM may have been doing with his magnet: starting the device by inducing an initial current.  Use of a battery would produce unwanted distraction from the unique properties of the device, questions, and doubts.

We may be able to avoid some common limitations by driving a current without an EMF.

Any thoughts?

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
From G:

I think this is what SM may have been doing with his magnet: starting the device by inducing an initial current.  Use of a battery would produce unwanted distraction from the unique properties of the device, questions, and doubts.

Swiping a magnet cannot induce a DC flow. It will always give an AC component as the magnet is moved towards then away from the wire or across the wire, or as the magnet velocity increases then decreases. Try it and watch the e.m.f. on a scope or suitable meter. It will create both polarities of current flow vs. time.

e.g as a magnet approaches a coil the generated e.m.f is registered in one direction, as the magnet slows to a stop, the opposite polarity e.m.f. is registered.

Another point, supposing SM wanted to induce an AC current, he is swiping the magnet the wrong way, should be across the wires.

In my opinion, must be a different reason, like aligning domains. This is more in agreement with the direction of magnet swipes vs. wire winding.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

I've just done this experiment.  Attach a coil to a permanent magnet.  Move them together through the air.  A signal is read.  First, I'd like to know if this is due to control experiment error.  If not, then is it possible to have a signal?  

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
The swiping is also parallel to an iron wire core as noted by EMD in a previous post. The iron wire gets biased or magnetized.

tExB=qr
From G:

Swiping a magnet cannot induce a DC flow. It will always give an AC component as the magnet is moved towards then away from the wire or across the wire, or as the magnet velocity increases then decreases. Try it and watch the e.m.f. on a scope or suitable meter. It will create both polarities of current flow vs. time.

e.g as a magnet approaches a coil the generated e.m.f is registered in one direction, as the magnet slows to a stop, the opposite polarity e.m.f. is registered.

Another point, supposing SM wanted to induce an AC current, he is swiping the magnet the wrong way, should be across the wires.

In my opinion, must be a different reason, like aligning domains. This is more in agreement with the direction of magnet swipes vs. wire winding.

You are correct.  Didn't think about that. 

In that large coil with the non-toroidal windings, did he ever say if it turned off when flipped over?

I've just done this experiment.  Attach a coil to a permanent magnet.  Move them together through the air.  A signal is read.  First, I'd like to know if this is due to control experiment error.  If not, then is it possible to have a signal?  

As the coil cuts through the earth magnetic field, you will get a signal. You don't really need the magnet, a high inductance air core coil will show a fluctuation. I tried this with a 9 Henry air core and with a magnet in the center, results the same each time. Best to put a small cap across the coil to reduce some of the stray noise pickup, then it is easier to see the low frequency signal from movement.

The signal is most pronounced when rotating the coil left and right on a vertical axis. It is a weak generator, just as you would expect from the weak excitation of the earth field. Moving linearly along any axis produces no signal.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

You are correct.  Didn't think about that. 

In that large coil with the non-toroidal windings, did he ever say if it turned off when flipped over?

I don't think he said anything to that effect. To my understanding, there are only two instances of this, one during the description and operation of the FTPU, and in a separate video, during the demo of the smallest unit 3" across. He turns that unit over as he goes to the next room to demo the large unit.

tExB=qr
As the coil cuts through the earth magnetic field, you will get a signal. You don't really need the magnet, a high inductance air core coil will show a fluctuation. I tried this with a 9 Henry air core and with a magnet in the center, results the same each time. Best to put a small cap across the coil to reduce some of the stray noise pickup, then it is easier to see the low frequency signal from movement.

The signal is most pronounced when rotating the coil left and right on a vertical axis. It is a weak generator, just as you would expect from the weak excitation of the earth field. Moving linearly along any axis produces no signal.

if you flip this coil, doesn't the polarity reverse?

SM found a way to substitute EMF, and his early devices used the earth field, but was it the earth's magnetic field or gravitational field?

Thanks ION,

I did detect a weak signal as you described about the earth magnetic field.  With the magnet, I can do it linearly along an axis.  It doesn't work without the magnet.  Then again, It may be an error.  Besides the error, the reason maybe I'm cutting the magnet through the air and the air induce a signal into the coil. 

These are the principles roughly of the induction compass that Hendershot improved upon to make his generator.

Attach a coil to a permanent magnet.  Move them together through the air.  A signal is read.  

Absolute motion comes back! The end of relativity! Einstein will turn in his grave.

First, I'd like to know if this is due to control experiment error. ...

Yes it is, for example because the voltmeter is not co-moving or the earth field not taken into account.

I found this brief discussion of producing current without using an EMF.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=250863

After discussion of what EMF is and superconducting loops, the question of how to start the superconducting loop arises, and the answer is to use a magnet to start the current.

Any thoughts?

A true superconducting loop is not subject to Faraday induction as far as ... loop crossing magnetic field lines or relative changes in magnetic flux density induce a current around the loop.
Any such attempt would only create eddy currents on the surface of the superconductor(current consensus).

A superconductor is diamagnetic and will reject magnetic field lines and flux density changes from external sources. The only exception is allowed by imperfections in the superconductor material which allows 'flux-pinning', the reason why a magnet will appear to be 'station-keeping' while influenced by the superconductor.

I don't see how the TPU can be related to a superconductor.

............ It will always give an AC component as the magnet is moved towards then away from the wire or across the wire...

At this point it isn't an A.C. component. It is A.C.

...... or as the magnet velocity increases then decreases. Try it and watch the e.m.f. on a scope or suitable meter. It will create both polarities of current flow vs. time.

What?

Then, my DC generator should reverse output polarity when I decrease the RPM?

If you consider a reduction in DC potential to be a reversal of polarity then I understand. A reduction in DC potential is not a reversal of polarity unless that reduction crosses relative zero voltage.

Absolute motion comes back! The end of relativity! Einstein will turn in his grave.

Yes it is, for example because the voltmeter is not co-moving or the earth field not taken into account.

You may have missed my post on relativity and earth field.

Thanks ION,

I did detect a weak signal as you described about the earth magnetic field.  With the magnet, I can do it linearly along an axis.  It doesn't work without the magnet.  Then again, It may be an error.  Besides the error, the reason maybe I'm cutting the magnet through the air and the air induce a signal into the coil. 

I did tried to move the coil and magnet pass another coil, surely strong signal was read. 

tExB=qr
A true superconducting loop is not subject to Faraday induction as far as ... loop crossing magnetic field lines or relative changes in magnetic flux density induce a current around the loop.
Any such attempt would only create eddy currents on the surface of the superconductor(current consensus).

I don't think the TPU uses Faraday Induction.

Ok, found something, old comments , maybe you knew that or not, that is not my thought but I found it truly resonable and explaining very well,that TPU is just EMP weapon based with a lot of coils wrap around to collect induced current. Ferrite or iron core required.

First comment;

"I have a guess on how a imploding crt could generate magnetic fields way above the usual levels associated with normal tv operation. Of course my theory is about as scientific as discussions of the star ship Enterprize's warp drive. In a article of Popular Mechanics magazine Sept 2001 issue. They discussed how a Electro Magnetic Pulse EMP weapon would work. It requires a collapsing magnetic field, usually you have a coil of superconducting wire, that is energized, and then you have a small explosion which forces a copper tube to progressively short out the length of the coil which causes a induced pulse to emerge from the other end. It sounds far fetched but their illustration kinda looks like a long deflection coil. I know a deflection coil isn't a superconductor but maybe it was struck by lightning at the moment it happened."

Second comment :

"Actually, these TV sets have a flawed design that under the right conditions inverts magnetically. Since they are plugged in when this happens, it causes the usual polarity of the wires running through the walls --which, like everything else, is normally aligned with the fundamental electro-harmonic resonance of the Earth's magnetic field, and therefore causes no problems-- to reverse itself. As soon as this polarity reversal occurs, the wires in the walls REPEL the nails, pushing them out of the walls at high speed, like bullets. This requires less energy than pulling them out would, since you are just reversing the direction that the nails were put in, using a reversed polarity. Since the wires are connected to the city's electrical grid, they have plenty of power available to do this; it is not dependent on what is inside of the TV; all that does is initiate the reversal. Then the power of the city's electrical grid provides the rest of the energy needed. Sometimes when this event occurs, the neighbors' electricity supply "stutters" a little. Ever had your lights flicker or your TV set stutter a bit? It was probably due to this happening somewhere nearby in your city. So you see, the nails don't get sucked into the TV, they get pushed out of the walls.

Once any one of them touches the TV, though, it discharges the imbalance and stops the process, much the way a spark from your hand to a doorknob discharges a static buildup. The kid was just unlucky enough to be in the path of one, before the first one hit the television.

At the risk of oversimplifying, perhaps the easiest way to explain this comes out of the movie "Young Frankenstein": You connect the plus to minus, and minus to plus..."

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
A question to all you guys:

Do we know if the small magnet used to "start up" the FTPU are also used in the LTPU near the small toroid coils?

Or does the LTPU run without these?

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Buy me some coffee
There is no sign of magnets in the LTPU, but with the OTPU there are magnets embedded in the legs so on this basis it is possible there are magnets but are inside the black box attached to the bottom of the toroid s. In other words take your pick  C.C

Has anyone else put a timeline together for the technology prior to SM's reverse engineering? -- if so please point me to it or contact me privately. thx.

Buy me some coffee
It's strange, maybe I've missed talk about the TPU \ Hendershot device link.

SM referred to the Compass video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzqCnIKP12U[/youtube]

Here's some info on the timeline for the Hendershot device
http://www.rexresearch.com/hendershot2/hendershot.htm

Here's a picture of an early TPU  O0

Has anyone tried building the Hendershot device from his patent, or does anyone know of a replication.?

Could you tell me what this guy from last video talked about ? Something about TPU being mostly made by cork and the possibility of ceramics usage ? What ceramics ? Ordinary ceramic or high inductance ceramic core ?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 21:48:28