PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-12, 07:55:15
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voice files  (Read 629 times)

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Voice files, are there any acceptable voice files that can be loaded up onto the forum?

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Tech Wizard

Hi Mike,

In the allowed file type list (under Attachments) I can see these 3 audio file extensions:    .mp3   .mp4 and  .wav  (and all of them playable by Windows Media Player or by any other audio file player).

Gyula 

Buy me a beer
Hi Mike,

In the allowed file type list (under Attachments) I can see these 3 audio file extensions:    .mp3   .mp4 and  .wav  (and all of them playable by Windows Media Player or by any other audio file player).

Gyula

Thanks Gyula, thinking of explaining things in voice, takes me a long time typing etc, or it leaves me with youtube which I don't like much.

Regards

Mike

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Thanks Gyula, thinking of explaining things in voice, takes me a long time typing etc, or it leaves me with youtube which I don't like much.

Regards

Mike

Excellent idea Mike !
Perhaps power point ? It has audio i think ?
it does not matter about file types as you can rename it to txt or anything ...the user can then rename back to the right type at their end.

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
i can always add new file types if you pm me  ;)

Voice files, are there any acceptable voice files that can be loaded up onto the forum?

It is surely a good idea for English speakers, but without subtitles it can be a handicap for others like me who have a poor command of spoken English.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Buy me a beer
That might be a problem for you unless you have audio to script application on your computer.

I have asked Peter for :   m4a  as it is what is used on my phone.

My idea is to post handwritten lab notes and photographs, and then use audio to go through the explanations of them, it is a lot quicker for me as my time is limited.

Regards

Mike

That might be a problem for you unless you have audio to script application on your computer.

This is a good solution, but it takes time.

Audio facilitates the message for the producer, but can complicate it for the listener compared to the written word. In general, writing a text requires you to clarify your ideas and summarize what you are saying. This is effective. And besides, while reading, one can easily jump from one passage to another, and backwards also.

It is much more difficult and time consuming with audio or video, and even more so with many youtube videos, accompanied by tedious speeches when less than a tenth of the time would be sufficient to convey the message.
This dilution of the message is the risk with audio and video, as it is so easy, unlike the written word where, with some exceptions, concision is sought.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-12, 07:55:15