PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-20, 04:02:35
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gasoline from Sea Salt Water  (Read 3832 times)

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
The process makes sense, apart from where the Carbon comes from.

US Navy turns seawater into jet fuel - This is REAL Genius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcc-cTCVY64

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Ha found the answer.

Sugar

Lye (sodium hydroxide) may react with various sugars to generate carbon monoxide

Magnetite was well known and used during the second world war to convert Wood Gas H2 & CO into gasoline & Diesel.

Still need to pay for the electricity, but maybe a good way to use solar panels to run the ICEngine

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Peter I posted this a long time ago, it is funny how little bits of older tech are let out bit by bit. I say old as this has gone way above what has been described, even though the chemistry is the same, the way of doing it has changed.

Most of the carbon comes from the sea water, it is a carbon sponge and where CO2 is dumped.

The energy comes from the reactors on the aircraft carriers, comes for free,  I know one person who worked on this, it existed in the gulf war, the fuel was stored around the reactor system to stop radio emissions from the process being picked up.

regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Guest
The only part that isn't genius is that it requires a nuclear reactor to provide the energy cheaply (for now). Which would seem to me to leave some amount of radioactive waste that is probably stored for the time being for other to pay to have dealt with or to contaminate the future.

Look how much we are not being told about Fukishima then image what we will be told about any military waste. What it costs when all the storage and disposal costs are factored in is the thing to think about.

Wouldn't it be pretty much possible to make any substance from the base elements.

Buy me a beer
The only part that isn't genius is that it requires a nuclear reactor to provide the energy cheaply (for now). Which would seem to me to leave some amount of radioactive waste that is probably stored for the time being for other to pay to have dealt with or to contaminate the future.

Look how much we are not being told about Fukishima then image what we will be told about any military waste. What it costs when all the storage and disposal costs are factored in is the thing to think about.

Wouldn't it be pretty much possible to make any substance from the base elements.

Solar can be used but it is a no go for the military, a nuclear plant on their aircraft carriers has 75% excess energy so the power comes for free, and a lot of it. Yes we pay for the nuclear waste in the end, but do they care well no, the world sucks >:(

regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Moderator

Hey Mike
Solar can be used but it is a no go for the military, a nuclear plant on their aircraft carriers has 75% excess energy so the power comes for free, and a lot of it. Yes we pay for the nuclear waste in the end, but do they care well no, the world sucks

It is strange that so many who claim to be responsible adults so often prove otherwise through their actions. For instance they claim nuclear power is safe yet they are always having major accidents proving otherwise. As well the U.S. has said they will protect their sovereignty with nuclear weapons. So let me get this straight... they are willing to use nuclear weapons in effect killing billions of innocent people with no involvement all over this world to protect their freedom?. Obviously any person willing to destroy the planet and kill billions of innocent people is not a responsible adult but a raving lunatic. It boggles the mind that so many who claim to be responsible are anything but responsible and that so many have bought into this complete insanity.

No country should have the right to inflict untold pain and suffering on billions of innocent people around the world just to protect their freedom, it is immoral and quite insane. It is equivalent to a terrorist saying comply with my beliefs or I will detonate these explosives killing us all. However that is the American way isn't it?, -- do unto others for profit then take no responsibility.

I believe this is why everyone fears a responsible one world government because it would not tolerate this kind of idiotic immoral behavior from any country anywhere as no responsible adult should. They have no right to destroy the planet to protect their beliefs...period.

AC
« Last Edit: 2015-05-02, 17:33:24 by Allcanadian »

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Buy me a beer
Who dosn't know how this is done?  that was a stupid question C.C

I have been telling people for years, apart from the secret of how simple it is to do it in the end.

It's all to do with finding the correct frequencies and going into auto resonance to vibrate the bonds apart. I can see people going C.C

I will give a clue, put a microphone in front of a speaker, what happens? Put a transmitter in front of a receiver and feed the receiver output back to the transmitters oscillator, what do you get?

Direct a wide band of frequencies into an ionic chemical bond (a salt in water), what happens? think of the singer that can break a glass!!!

Hand slap on forhead time ;)

regards

Mike 8)

Using green energy like solar to produce a dirty energy source like Jet fuel from a carbon sink should not even be a consideration for us. I can only imagine the end results of everyone doing it. And the U.S. Military using nuclear energy to produce Jet fuel from a carbon sink so they can project military might and using fake borrowed money to do it is disgusting to say the least.

( I know solar is not so green when we consider the making of them) but cleaner than Gasoline or nuclear

Buy me a beer
Using green energy like solar to produce a dirty energy source like Jet fuel from a carbon sink should not even be a consideration for us. I can only imagine the end results of everyone doing it. And the U.S. Military using nuclear energy to produce Jet fuel from a carbon sink so they can project military might and using fake borrowed money to do it is disgusting to say the least.

( I know solar is not so green when we consider the making of them) but cleaner than Gasoline or nuclear

Making fuel from a carbon sink is a complete cycle, no extra carbon (CO2) is created, just recycled time and time again, and so is green if solar or wind is used. The Nuclear aspect is another thing, that is dirty to say the least, a ticking time bomb.

regards

Mike 8)

Does that mean the more carbon we burn the better. Sounds good to me.

Buy me a beer
Does that mean the more carbon we burn the better. Sounds good to me.

No it means you take the CO2, convert it, burn it and you are left with what you had in the first place (neither created or destroyed, full cycle).

regards

Mike 8)

Buy me a beer

This is what I work on

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/510066/audi-to-make-fuel-using-solar-power/

regards

Mike 8)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-20, 04:02:35