PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 20:58:05
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this OU? ... Careful tests required...  (Read 3826 times)
Group: Guest
Temporary Announcement:
Because my daily and monthly schedule(s) are becoming hectic, I may not post to these threads for an indefinite period of time.  I do have an active thread that I started on OU.com that requires a lot less time than the preparation this Forum does.  However, I realize that that site isn't this site, obviously.

YouTube uploaded video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdup42Epq0o&feature=related
(This is really simple---even simpler than the Gabriel Device.   Even has a schematic to follow and replicate.  But is is OU...?

--Lee

Reedit, 25 Aug '11: Added "Temporary Announcement" to top of post.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-25, 21:25:13 by the_big_m_in_ok »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Unfortunately i would say this is nothing more than Capacitive coupling, and would not be OU

@Peterae
Yeah, I hadn't thought of that.  It's like a long wire strung up a pole in the air near power mains transmission lines.  Induction by coupling.  Seems plain and simple when it's explained.

@Rob
"In the UK earth and neutral are connected together at power station
so this is definatly not OU in my opinion,..."
I didn't know that about the UK.
In America, AC Neutral has no measurable voltage, as it is in the UK, I imagine.  That would be obvious.  But, here in America, MOV voltage spike arrestors are connected between Hot and Ground, as well as Neutral and Ground.  Neutral is considered potentially unsafe by electricians.

Well, now that that's settled, this thread will become rather like an archive for all others to see.  Eventually, it'll end up at the bottom of the thread list.

Immediate reedit:
Rob!  I'm Sorry!!!
I hit the wrong icon and modified your post!  It was early in the morning, and wasn't paying enough attention.  I always want to intentionally leave post authors comments unedited---including typos.  My regrets.  Sorry.

--Lee
« Last Edit: 2011-07-26, 18:00:36 by the_big_m_in_ok »

No probs just wanted to air my views
 all ok at this part of the world thanks for replying
best regards from Rob.....

@Rob
Thanks for your understanding.  I welcome constructive replys on this Bench forum at any time.  Let's all learn something.
And, so:

@all
The thought occurs to me that even if the output of the inductive coupling scheme of the initial post above is used to power up an apparently OU scheme like Kapanadze or any of the Kapagen circuits, the average efficiency of those circuit(s) may(?) fall because inductive coupling is less than OU (read COP<1).  (This is merely a thought concept by me.)
     On the other hand, the Gabriel Device may actually be OU and might(?) increase the efficiency of that circuit when its output is directed to a Kapanadze/Kapagen circuit.  More careful tests in that regard would be needed to resolve the question.

--Lee

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 20:58:05