PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 12:40:28
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Heat your home for less, OU  (Read 1139 times)
Group: Restricted

I want to share (again) this very instructive video of someone very creative.

https://youtu.be/LRFI0V-2DlA?si=pjtF_BHMWNGUljeo

Is it OU ? Imo it is … take 30w from an alternative energy source and use +250w output.

Easy to built and cheap, also easy to scale up. If you check his youtube channel many other useful things can be found and use together with setup shared in video.

Any other power source can be considered, even your grid supply, if just a reduction of energy draw from the grid is intended.

Group: Professor

That power meter cannot handle high crest-factor waveforms. The Mazilli oscillator generates them at its input.
Watt is Volt times Amp only for DC.

I wonder if Tesla bifilar coil can be used as capacitor ?

I wonder if Tesla bifilar coil can be used as capacitor ?

Yes. When the four wires of the pancake coil are separated, its capacitance can be measured with a capacitance meter.
If you want to increase its capacitance, you can use copper foil and Mylar tape to make pancake coils.

I want to share (again) this very instructive video of someone very creative.
Thank you so much for sharing with Classic.

If you put water in an insulated rice cooker, it is easier to measure.
Water can be convectioned, so the temperature of the water in the pot is not much different.
If there is 1000mL of water in the pot, the water temperature will increase by 10 degrees Celsius within the 100sec period.
Water gets at least 42,000 joules, or 42,000 watt-seconds.
It is to continuously input 420W electrical power heating in 100 seconds.

I don't know if the possible OU effect in the video is achieved by Tesla pancake coils or by heated sand.

Thank you!

There are many ways to heat your house for free.

Buy a cryptocurrency mining computer. The mining computer generates lots of heat as a byproduct. If the cryptocurrency mined pays for the electricity used then we get the heat for free.
https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/bitcoin/calculator

Below the bitcoin calculator shows were losing 54 cents per day but were gaining 3000w of heat 24 hours a day. 3000 watts converts to 10,200 btu/hr so it's like running a 10,000 btu heater 24/7. If you have a 100,000 btu/hr furnace but it only run 15 minutes an hour that's 25,000btu/hr. The crypto heater is close to half that at 10,000btu/hr but the heat is free.

Of course the crypto miner is around $3000 similar to a new furnace installation. However you only pay once for the crypto heater and the heat is nearly free from that point on.

AC

---------------------------
Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Buy a cryptocurrency mining computer. The mining computer generates lots of heat as a byproduct.

I don't get this, AC. If you buy it, you have to plug it into your domestic electricity which is charged to you quarterly.

Group: Professor

You can sell crypto quarterly, too.

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Perhaps some one could invent a way of burning old threads that dont work, it could make a lot of hot air ! ;D ;D
On the other hand I havent tried it and 95 percent of this stuff is a scamb or trick, your risk. :) :)
« Last Edit: 2023-09-28, 16:00:40 by AlienGrey »

Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Paul
I don't get this, AC. If you buy it, you have to plug it into your domestic electricity which is charged to you quarterly.

Think of it this way, we use our residential electricity to mine bitcoin which has a present value around $36,000 per bitcoin. If the value of the bitcoin we mined pays for the electricity we used to mine the bitcoin we break even. However the bitcoin miner generates a huge amount of waste heat as a byproduct while operating and the heat is free if we break even financially.

Here is an analogy, imagine you had a website that generated $100/month in profit and your computer operating the website used $100/month in electricity. You break even financially, $100 profit and $100 expense, but all the heat your computer generated during the month is free. The more computers and websites you operate the more heat you generate which is free. Ergo, our computer generates heat regardless of whether it does something useful or not, why not use the heat?.

Most have trouble with this concept because it is abstract or operates indirectly. Our mind is not really our own and tends to concentrate on what it thinks is popular or important. Society trains us to look at everything in a certain way just like them, ie. brain washing.

https://www.themarginalian.org/2014/08/27/willful-blindness-margaret-heffernan/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/words-matter/201810/why-people-ignore-facts
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-inattentional-blindness-2795020

“if you could have known, and should have known, something that instead you strove not to see.”

AC

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Buy a cryptocurrency mining computer. The mining computer generates lots of heat as a byproduct. If the cryptocurrency mined pays for the electricity used then we get the heat for free.
https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/bitcoin/calculator

Below the bitcoin calculator shows were losing 54 cents per day but were gaining 3000w of heat 24 hours a day. 3000 watts converts to 10,200 btu/hr so it's like running a 10,000 btu heater 24/7. If you have a 100,000 btu/hr furnace but it only run 15 minutes an hour that's 25,000btu/hr. The crypto heater is close to half that at 10,000btu/hr but the heat is free.

Of course the crypto miner is around $3000 similar to a new furnace installation. However you only pay once for the crypto heater and the heat is nearly free from that point on.

AC

With all due respect, i just want to ask few questions: if someone is in need to reduce their bills for heating when cold weather is coming, would they just spent £3k for a crypto miner ? Also it seems that you forgot to add maintenance cost to your crypto for let’s say 5 years to compare all costs involved in solution as in youtube video and solution that you propose instead. Where the solution in video shared with kindness would cost under £200 presumably buying everything new where wire cost seems to be the higher bill.

Also, i can’t see any OU in solution with crypto miner … but probably is more interesting this way you propose instead.

So, why someone always divert attention and switch direction of threads in such manner ?
No need to answer, it was just an observation and probably i need to be more quiet.

Be the change you wish to see in the world
Since we are denied the systems that would P*ss the challenge of heating a home for free, we are left with what is immediately available and easy, and cheap, otherwise people won't bother trying themselves.
Even domestic grade solar PV is beyond most individuals' capacity to deploy however, if you are already technically inclined or willing to learn,

If cleverly installed, a single PV panel hooked up to a voltage converter and wired directly to a suitable resistive heater should be enough to heat most small rooms for free post installation; trick would be to oversize the panel in terms of wattage so the system still heats in poor conditions; but then also set a current limit on the converter and use an old battery or two to catch extra current that the heater doesn't use for later use. Simple stuff and technically COP infinity
(depending on perspective)

Theoria Apophasis says spv is "tapping the light circuit" which I quite like..
nonetheless, described below is an "FE" heat system and approximated costs for US.

- Used 250w solar panel $30-150 (although possibly more depending on region & insolation)
- Buck converter, 600w, about $20, or a cheap scc (or both)
- over-sized cable, $15-20, (don't cheap out here)
- DC Resistive fan heater , trucker style, 150w ish, they can be had for about $20
- Old PB based batteries can be had for free and rejuvenated with a joule thief/Bedini, or are quite cheap new anyway.
(The IK circuit could be integrated alongside the pv feed and measurements taken, modifications made accordingly etc)
- DC switch $not very much

(an inverter and its costs, losses and size would be unnecessary here)

It's not free initially, and the more you spend the better / longer it would work (this applies to any device / system IME) , but practically speaking this is probably the best route for free heat ATM as I see it,

Any OU system on OUR which is capable of electrical / thermal output should be worthy of investigation for this by itself.
Let alone the plethora of other reasons that OU tech should be released or more thoroughly investigated.

I'd like to also suggest Skinner Device X Frenette heater, as both have serious claims made about them.
Although, this particular permutation is likely to be beyond the reach of most folks.
« Last Edit: 2023-09-30, 03:14:25 by Excelsior »

Classic
The question was how to Heat your home for less.

If your looking for a cheaper option I used to paint cardboard flat black and place it on the inside of my windows with a southern exposure. Make sure you have a 1" space between the cardboard and glass with a few (four 1" holes) near the top and bottom to circulate the heated air. The Sun radiates about 1000w per square meter so a 1m x 1m window is like a 1000w heater in direct sunlight. Four windows would generate near 4000w in direct sunlight which is equivalent to 13,600 btu/hr.

Excelsior had a good idea and if you placed a 300w solar panel next to your window you could generate electricity. A 300w panel is roughly 1.3 square meters so it could also generate around 1000w of heat with a dark colored solar panel. Now the total energy output is 1300w per square meter in direct sunlight not 300w. You see I just tripled the "energy output" just by moving the solar panel to a better location.

AC

Be the change you wish to see in the world
I've 0 experience with ASIC miners as I wouldn't touch em with a barge-pole personally ;D poor resale value, loud as sin
and as Classic said, way too expensive for someone worrying about their monthly/quarterly power / gas bill.
(amongst other gripes)

I can state re. GPU mining though - most people don't want to learn how to essentially code, or alternatively you must whore the system out and miss out on ever having the opportunity to hit a block.. You'd presumably buy used old cards (rx580's are ideal) and used everything else too as it need not be fancy.
With ETH gone, this setup would never generate enough profit (imo) to justify the endless messing around with miner software, gpu re-drivering, etc. if doing anything besides NH (this may have changed since)

imho you'd end up having shaved off a few % of your power bill, all said and done.

You can buy the best panels out there but if they're not oriented properly, they're as good as any other,
the subtleties matter with these things, such as insulation and wiring gauge etc ..

if they are apprehended then oftentimes very little money need be parted with for a satisfactory outcome.
Solar trackers are great if you have the space. But they often cost more than they are worth.
Price per btu delivered is the major thing consider IMO
that and, availability and imminent practicability of parts.

Crypto heater is good if you have a rig lying about and know how to efficiently transact crypto's, but chances are if you have a GPU mining rig at all, you're probably flush for a more elaborate solution to heat a home.
Or sell it as is and even at current prices, it'd likely cover 3x of the systems I described (barebones PV-DC-DC)

As I see it, solar thermal is great for an offgrid earth ship or similar, if used with a ballast etc
There are systems that combine PV/ST in one package but they're pricey, and DIY versions seem pretty difficult,

Reversible mini split systems are cheaper than ever (used) and the information pertaining to their repair / DIY installation is readily available online. Even that could be done cheaper than most think (regulations allowing)
Although, If someone did want to do the whole crypto thing now and hodl, GPU prices are pretty low lately.

Whichever way it is achieved, independent energy "production", or savings, means paying one big bill up front.
Would you rather pull the band-aid off quickly, or slowly, but it never comes off ?
« Last Edit: 2023-09-30, 02:45:52 by Excelsior »

It seems that everybody ignore the point i mentioned that any other power source can be used. Where solar input used in the system showed in the video is just to show is working and how is working.

Further improvements can be done easy in terms of power source than amplification if someone want to make a true free energy over unity device.
My preference not to use solar or wind for power generation is based on their unreliability as they might not be available 24/7 365 and i would choose a different input like Joel Lagace (his latest discovery/invention, Jes Ascanius as we don’t need too much power as input, where amplification and efficiency is done after the input.
Also in terms of load or heating element precisely a different solution should be employed for a much larger output capable to truly provide power for the whole household without the need to dramatic alterations of existing systems in place.

I can’t and i won’t go any further than this as there is no real interest and more diversions is added constantly.

Probably this will attract more accusations of false claims or whatever and i really am fed up.

I wish you all good luck in your enterprise.

If the value of the bitcoin we mined...

But what is the likelihood?

I now see the argument which can be used on the National Lottery., Is there a way to calculate the chances of mining anything?

For your information: I have locked this topic to avoid more pollution.

Feel free to open another topic without polluting this one, in near future I may add more info if there is any interest.

Perhaps some one could invent a way of burning old threads that dont work, it could make a lot of hot air ! ;D ;D
On the other hand I havent tried it and 95 percent of this stuff is a scamb or trick, your risk. :) :)

If you are suggesting that the setup presented in the youtube is a scam or trick i would like to hear why you think this, or what methods have you employed for calculus to prove, as i have replicate and works, although i have used a different power source.

I have seen you stomping some other topics and doing pretty much same, creating diversions and distractions.

And to be honest anyone can simply test this setup if there is desire as costs associated are minimal, only difficulty would be to wind correct those bifilar spiral flat coils … they are a pain if you don’t have skills.

Topic is now open again for discussions only on topic, not for more pollution.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 12:40:28