PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 15:11:38
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Engines  (Read 5832 times)

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Well the postie has been busy of late, several items have arrived for the new motor.

The horizontal tube will need some serious trueing before we can call it a cylinder. It has a welded seam which puts the bore out by several Microns. Once trued an honed I can then order the nearest size of solid PTFE round bar to make the piston. I’m going to keep the same diameter right through to the crankpin, effectively piston and conrod, all in one. Being PTFE a simple 8 mm hole will suffice for the big end bearing.

I would like to keep the engine as near autonomous as possible so the Piezoelectric gas cooker ignition device will be operated by an eccentric off the crankshaft. This eccentric will be fixed by a grub screw to effect ignition timing.

Sadly the temperature’s here are still a little low, the brightly burning coals of the living room fire are definitely more alluring.

Cheers Graham.

---------------------------
Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Buy me a cigar
As most of the old hands here at OUR know, my passion is making working model engines from the days of yore.

My latest project has been running, mainly off and on for the past 19-1/2 years. I would like to present my 1/3rd scale replica of the 1872 Brayton Ready-Motor. At the time it was the most powerful of IC engines being built in the world. The inventor was  George B. Brayton from the United States of America. The Brayton cycle has been almost forgotten but everyone who flys in a modern jet is powered by it !!  ;)

https://youtu.be/9NMiwEyade0

The engine stands at 2 Feet tall or around 600 mm and is powered by a Propane and compressed air mixture that’s ignited simultaneously as the valve opens. The superheated air acts upon the piston to make the power as it expands.

Cheers Graham.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Graham,

again an incredible piece of work  O0

Is that the exhaust hose going out to the left? 
What kind of gasses comes out of it?

Regards Itsu

Buy me a cigar
Thank you Itsu.  O0

No, that pipe carries the compressed air for initial startup. The vertical, fluted column is hollow and becomes the air reservoir when the engine starts running. Currently the engine is quite tight and will need some running in before it will become autonomous in operation. The cylinder is double acting, the bottom side is where the heated air expands creating the force. Above the piston is the air compressor that keeps the reservoir charged.

The exhaust gasses are rather smelly….  ;D If you know anyone that runs a car on LPG the smell is unmistakable….

Cheers Graham.

Group: Ambassador

Grum
Truly a work of art ..
And I always love the sounds …
You are a master of your art , and a tribute too !

Thanks for sharing
Chet
Ps
Any more pics ( side shots etc ?

Buy me a cigar
Thanks Chet.  O0

It’s been a bit of a labour of love, the finished engine is dedicated to an old friend of mine who passed on rather suddenly some 20+ years ago. He sent me a picture from an old book that he’d found. We were going to make the engine together.

I have many photos and short video clips but here’s a few more important ones. The picture that opens the selection was the only reference point for the whole project. A flywheel that I had in my possession became the standard that was used to scale the rest of the engine. There’s also a little bit of history making with this project. Not a single engine of this type has survived. It’s the first Brayton cycle engine to run on gas for over a century and more amazingly it’s the only model that actually runs!

I’ve just added a photo of a recently made model of the more successful Brayton cycle engine. One or two full size engines are in museum preservation. We’ve discovered that my version, the earlier type had got the air compressor much too large a volume for the cylinder to cope with. The horizontal version has a much smaller compressor cylinder and is, more importantly mounted separately.

Cheers Graham.

Grumage
Really neat engines, I just parked my 1947 9N tractor after moving some 1100 lb round bales this morning. The old girl doesn't have active hydraulics so I built a heavy 4' x 8' skid. I pull along side the round bale, unhook the chains from the 3 pt hitch, push/roll the bale onto the skid with the tractor, hook up the chains and drag it to where I want it then push it off. It's old school but back in the day when tractors couldn't lift heavy objects they pulled/dragged it on skids. It's kind of funny because most my neighbors with there newer $250,000 JD tractors still wonder how I can move/place 10 round bales an hour with a 76 year old, 23 hp tractor. To put it into perspective, the turbocharger on there engine probably generates more hp than my engine does.

I love it because it's in line with how I grew up and the farmer's motto. It doesn't matter how we getter done only that we do. There is no wrong or right way only a way in which common sense and practicality prevails.

AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Grum:
    Any possibility you have video of the motor running? Would love to see it in action. My favorite is the Hit/Miss style.

thay

Group: Experimentalist

Believing in something false doesn't make it true.
Grum:
    Any possibility you have video of the motor running? Would love to see it in action. My favorite is the Hit/Miss style.

thay

Look at post #26.  He has a video link there.

Carroll

Just because it is on YouTube does not make it real.

Buy me a cigar
Re….
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=4504.msg106892;topicseen#msg106892

Rather than clutter the thread with my musings let’s put into the right area for discussion.

What if we were to make an inverted vertical cylinder test rig? Flywheel above the cylinder. A crank web, with adjustable length so as to be able to vary the compression ratio up to 25:1. Manually operated valves could be fitted to admit the fuel ( water in this case ) for testing.

This compression ratio was used on the English Electric Deltic engine and I was told that maintenance staff were warned to keep clear of the exhaust pipe because of the carcinogenic output.

A couple of questions here.

How quickly do the “ K “ type thermocouples register a change in temperature?

Would the addition of a sprinkling of pure Lithium granules in the bottom of the cylinder alter the water chemistry under extreme heating and pressure?

Cheers Graham.

Edit, due to spelling error.
« Last Edit: 2023-09-10, 15:11:25 by Grumage »

Group: Restricted

Why do we need to enhance pollution ?  ???

Group: Ambassador

Grumage
I have been searching through all water info for a few weeks
Your test rig idea ( with data feedback) is definitely path towards vetting these
Claims

We live on a water planet …
Perhaps “there is something special about water  ;) “) which we need to find ?

Reading through the older information ( first hand claims of known experimenter)
It would seem so !
Heating and transportation?

The best nut we could crack for our planet’s future
Respectfully
Chet K

Buy me a cigar
Why do we need to enhance pollution ?  ???

Please re read my post.

How can water vapour be classed as a pollutant Mr Classic?

Please re read my post.

How can water vapour be classed as a pollutant Mr Classic?

They still generate enough heat, noise and vibrations … since when this is not a pollutant ? And yet maintain same inefficiency i/o compared with electrical devices.

Water shouldn’t be used as fuel, yet research for light water along with heavy water is somehow banned because some idiots used such components in explosive devices for killing other humans with only reason to steal their wealth.

Buy me a cigar
They still generate enough heat, noise and vibrations … since when this is not a pollutant ? And yet maintain same inefficiency i/o compared with electrical devices.

Water shouldn’t be used as fuel, yet research for light water along with heavy water is somehow banned because some idiots used such components in explosive devices for killing other humans with only reason to steal their wealth.

It is clear to me that you have never witnessed some of the majestic machines that our forbears made, actually running. From only a few Meters away you would barely hear a sound. Just the flywheel turning would indicate that they were indeed doing the job that they were made for, making power….

IMO there’s nothing wrong with trying to improve upon the existing known technology and water being in such great abundance seems a prime candidate. As a species we’ve used water as a fuel for eons. Its flow turned wheels before we began heating it to make steam that spurred on the Industrial Revolution.

Cheers Grum.

Long time ago when I started working my choice was for internal combustion engines so, I may know what are you talking about.

In my opinion we as human beings already making enough damage by polluting water and start to burning it as well isn’t something that would be desired despite our continuous hunger for a form of energy that would never satisfy irrational requirement for even more power which in at least 50% of cases is just a waste that produce even more pollution.

Yet, I can’t help myself to admire the beautiful art of engineering and appreciate some pieces of highly skilled in the art. I appreciate the real value and agree that mechanical work need to be done … just not with water or oil as always a viable alternative is and was possible.

Classic,

Please explain how it is possible to create pollution by burning water.  The only way to burn water is to first break it down into hydrogen and oxygen.  Then when you burn that it becomes water again.  So how is that polluting anything?  I'm sorry but your posts just don't make any sense.

Carroll

The only way to burn water is to first break it down into hydrogen and oxygen. 

Carroll

Not wishing to be seen to be picking on you but this Mindset of H and O is whats keeping water from being a fuel.

There are many ways to burn water.
You can restructure the Atomic Crystalline water structures with Magnetic Fields to give the water a South Pole Field and burn it as OIL see here  https://rumble.com/vhodfb-full-unedited-version-of-oil-from-water..html

Or you can do it the olde fashion Alchemist way of doing the Great Work and just throw a match on the water and watch it burn.
seen here https://rumble.com/vgdio9-burning-water-the-alchemist-way..html

And both of these experiments leave little doubt that water is NOT H and O.

Another way to burn water is to run it through an In Line Magnetic Cell but we arent up to that yet. Or spray it on an oil fire will see the water burn with as great an intensity as Petrol itself.

In the Light Crystal Universe, Wind or air is pure Water Vapor and if it wasnt easy to burn, we wouldnt have fire. In the H and O universe Water extinguishes fire and no other ORIGINAL thoughts enter the equation.

So it does matter what science theory one is inventing under.

And given Oil is Earth Field restructured water, burning it is a pollutant and with the wrong Mindset and fake theories, we have managed to pollute the entire planet with our garbage science and poison our children and 'we' have no way to stop this pollution of over consumption under the present Physics based upon the Rigged high school electrolysis experiment that is the very foundation of the Atomic Structure as a bunch of Marbles weighed at sea level as a way to Guesstimate their number in an imaginary nucleus. Yet you (and all the others) fail at the very Basic of science lessons to question everything as there is NO questions but blind acceptance that water is H and O. And the only way to burn it is to apply battery DC to make gases when NO understandings are displayed as to what Battery DC is or its 2 individual charge factors giving 2 distinct Charged air samples. Direct magnetic Current is not just electrons breaking the bonds by some miss understood physics law. We need to get past this fake and gay approach or we will continue to go extinct.

We dont fight Lies of global boiling and climate lock downs and unnecessary Meds with Fake theories or more lies. The truth sets you free with free energy. Lies give you enslavement with Metered energy.

I was a volunteer firefighter for over 26 years.  And your nonsense about water burning when used on an oil fire is just NOT true.  If the water is applied as a fine stream of water droplets the air mixed with the water droplets fans the flames making the fire much hotter.  But if you use a more solid stream and attack the base of the flames of the oil fire you can put it out as I have done many times.  You just have to careful you do not direct the water stream into the oil as that will agitate the oil and make it burn hotter.  If you use a very fine stream of water more like a fog with little force and direct that into the flames the water will turn to steam and rob the fire of both oxygen and heat and help extinguish the flame.  I'm sorry but your understanding of water and oil fires is not what I have seen in real life.

Respectfully,
Carroll

Classic,

Please explain how it is possible to create pollution by burning water.  The only way to burn water is to first break it down into hydrogen and oxygen.  Then when you burn that it becomes water again.  So how is that polluting anything?  I'm sorry but your posts just don't make any sense.

Carroll

But I’m sure that obsessive burning everything possible with rudimentary tech makes a lot of sense, isn’t it ?

But I’m sure that obsessive burning everything possible with rudimentary tech makes a lot of sense, isn’t it ?

You avoided the question.  How does burning water create pollution?

I was a volunteer firefighter for over 26 years.  And your nonsense about water burning when used on an oil fire is just NOT true.  If the water is applied as a fine stream of water droplets the air mixed with the water droplets fans the flames making the fire much hotter.  But if you use a more solid stream and attack the base of the flames of the oil fire you can put it out as I have done many times.  You just have to careful you do not direct the water stream into the oil as that will agitate the oil and make it burn hotter.  If you use a very fine stream of water more like a fog with little force and direct that into the flames the water will turn to steam and rob the fire of both oxygen and heat and help extinguish the flame.  I'm sorry but your understanding of water and oil fires is not what I have seen in real life.

Respectfully,
Carroll

It is quite clear your vast experience with fires proves that water cannot burn.
except if one changes the frequency of the water is does burn. You completely ignore the fact your "ONLY WAY" is wrong and ya just cant teach old dogs new tricks or magnetic principles of Fire. Even Walter Russell said that to understand Fire and Ice is all one needs to know to understand Matter and Energy. Its Energy Frequency and Vibration and water can have its Vibrational frequency changed to make it burn.

There is no point in debating with you. Particle physicists and ex fire fighters already know all there is to know about water.

Is there a particular reason you are so adamant in your beliefs in an Age of total uncertainty?

Now you want to change the subject.  I never said water couldn't be broken down easily by using high frequency to help in the breakdown of the water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen.  I said that putting water on an oil fire does not cause the water to burn.  And I am quite sure the fire hose doesn't change the frequency of the water.  I am quite willing to change any of my understanding when someone shows me some real data to change my mind.  A bunch of mumble jumble without any real test data will not convince me. 

Your comments about the age of uncertainty are very telling about your beliefs.  The very liberal media wants all of us to believe there are no real truths.  That kind of thinking only leads to destruction because that allows one to think that what was correct last year is now not correct.  So what was wrong last year is now accepted this year.  Sorry but I don't play those kinds of games.

Carroll

The only way to burn water is to first break it down into hydrogen and oxygen. 
Carroll

I dont know what you are on about but I did quote your most emphatic statement that the only way to make water burn is to make it into 2 gases.

This clearly isnt the case.

" I said that putting water on an oil fire does not cause the water to burn.  "

I say that your experience is limited and flawed in its conclusion. 
Try making a PETROLEUM Fire in a 55 gal drum and spray water all over it to see where and when and under what circumstances water does burn...  More an experiment rather than a Call Out and follow the manual type of lesson.  You might even learn how to do it.

"I am quite willing to change any of my understanding when someone shows me some real data to change my mind.  A bunch of mumble jumble without any real test data will not convince me.  "

Again. Water Burns. We SHOWyou here.... https://rumble.com/vgdio9-burning-water-the-alchemist-way..html
Now if you want to get off your high horse about water burning... and learn something, kindly open up your mind just a little please, not all mumbo is jumbo.

Your comments about the age of uncertainty are very telling about your beliefs. 
Carroll

I am a big boy... go out on a limb and TELL us all what the Age of Fake News tells you about my beliefs....
Lets see some backup wisdom for your assumptions rather than playing just Word Games like the ONLY WAY to make water burn is with H and O... word game assertions.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 15:11:38