PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 15:08:36
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Tesla's Magnifying Transmitter  (Read 145373 times)
Group: Guest
OK,  how did it magnify?  what did it magnify?  where in his patents is this 3rd or extra coil at?  how did it transmit and by what natural medium?  was it overunity?  was it called a magnifying transmitter for no good reason?         did Tesla  work on this technology for a year in colorado springs with no success? (so why the 194 foot tower on long island?)   soo many questions.   Don   ;)
« Last Edit: 2011-09-18, 15:07:16 by dag57 »

There is no magnification, just a concentration of the field between the emitter and the receiver, that makes the two resonant circuits acting as a single one thanks to their capacitive and/or inductive coupling, nevertheless with a damping proportional to the ratio of the wavelength to the distance and with losses in the environment.
This is a conventional technology with poor results for energy transmission in space, except at a very short distance. Tesla failed with it, and this is explainable.

I believe Tesla himself called it a 'magnifying transmitter' as in his tests he appeared to have more power available at the receiver than was input to the transmitter.  In fact I'm sure of this as I've either read a paper by Telsa on it, or read a transcription of one of his lectures. Tesla thought that the system was coupling to the aether and so basically tapping into cosmic energy.

Konstantin Meyl seems to have done quite a bit of work in this area and is worth looking up.  He did used to provide a kit, which supposedly replicated Tesla's magnifying transmitter, transmitting so-called scalar waves. In fact it may even have been Tesla that first started using the term 'scalar waves'.

Anyway, it seems to be a rather grey area, as supposedly scalar waves do not lose energy over distance like EM wave, and is not inhibited by a Faraday cage.  But as Exn pointed out, in practice it only seems to work over a short distance and so does suggest simple capacitive coupling.  It may however just be that getting everything just right is hard to achieve.

I'm actually researching this area at the moment, with views to replicating the Meyl apparatus and doing some of my own experiments.  I'm actually quite surprised that no one has ever posted on Meyl or started a dedicated Meyl thread.

Tesla himself called it a 'magnifying transmitter' but Tesla failed. And what was magnified? Where are the measurement protocol and data? It is easy to magnify the power but never the energy (until now). Tesla was a brilliant inventor and experimenter but a poor theorician. He was wrong vs Maxwell with his longitudinal waves.

The experiments from Konstantin Meyl are very basic experiments that every ham radio operator played with, one time or another. They are perfectly explained with Maxwell equations by the near fields conditions, there is no need of "scalar waves". Konstantin Meyl misinterprets obvious results. He also pretends that neutrinos are absorbed by the earth, provoking an expansion of the planet, and deduces that the solar eclipses increase the probability of earth quakes, against any experimental evidence. He is not a credible person. It's a shame that such inconsistant gibberish from pseudo-scientists are spread by ignorants who don't understand what is going on, but want justify absurd dogmas of free energy by pleasant magic words as "scalar waves", without formalism and in front of a contrary theoretical and experimental obviousness. >:(

I'm not arguing with you Exn, in fact I tend to agree with everything you have said, I was simply providing dag with a more definitive answer to his initial questions.

It's a shame that such inconsistant gibberish from pseudo-scientists are spread by ignorants who don't understand what is going on,  >:(

Too right Exn, nowhere is it more rampant than in my main area of interest: Electrolysis and the dissociation of the water molecule. Everybody and there dog on both forums and on youtube would have you believe that they are getting over-Faraday amounts of gas from simple electrolysers... yet it appears that none of them understand or even grasp the basics of Faraday's Laws of Electrolysis! How ridiculous is that!  C.C

I'm not arguing with you Exn, in fact I tend to agree with everything you have said, I was simply providing dag with a more definitive answer to his initial questions.

From what I read from you elsewhere, I guessed that we have similar views. But English is not my mother tongue, so it is sometimes difficult for me to detect irony or to distinguish between questions that are asked to simply know the answers, and questions used as indirect objections to others.

Too right Exn, nowhere is it more rampant than in my main area of interest: Electrolysis and the dissociation of the water molecule. Everybody and there dog on both forums and on youtube would have you believe that they are getting over-Faraday amounts of gas from simple electrolysers... yet it appears that none of them understand or even grasp the basics of Faraday's Laws of Electrolysis! How ridiculous is that!  C.C

I share your opinion, Farrah. Many people don't know the laws of physics, don't lead proper measurements, and misinterpret the observations. Moreover the worst of them think their ignorance is for us an advantage, because their mind wouldn't be formatted by the academism :). They think that they think outside the box, when they repeat the errors of the past whithout even having the sagacity of the pioneers to solve them.
I'm pleased to see that there are more critical minds on overunityresearch.com than on many other forums dedicated to free energy. It's positive. Doubt is what let us ask questions and from questions come new ideas and possibly solutions, while with faith one stands still. When the skeptics will be convinced, we can say that free energy is real.

hello everyone! thanks for your ideas,  can we please keep this thread for discussion purposes only and not for debating ones academic credentials; arguing or bashing each other as much as possible.  that would be non-productive, thank you.   we need to remember that tesla was also an academian who knew many others in his day like lord kelvin,  hertz and yes even einstein.  after all how many of US can say we designed the first ac power system still being used today after 115 yrs.  along with the brushless polyphase motors.  i believe some refered to him as DR. TESLA on occasion.   is everybody familier with nikola tesla's colorado springs notes 1899-1900 and the deposition where he speaks of his work in new york and his magnifing transmitter?  these are MUST READ to comprehend tesla's point of view.  his is the point of view we should be descussing. these writings are all over the internet;  no reason one cannot read them if they want to.     @ exniloest thank you for your responce over on the other tesla  thread; i probably should have started this one first.  i agree with you on the energy responce about the 50hp x3600=180,000hp @ 1 sec.;  although tesla  states in his deposition that he could discharge his capactors at a rate up to 18,000 times per sec through the primary circuit if needed; could this change the output power delivery?  this energy was stored (95% of this energy was conserved and or accumalated) in the secondary resonant circuit and not dissapated all at once.  it was not transmitted through space, according to tesla.  the metalic ball was a  loading or charging capacitor for energy storage; it was not an antenna for transmitting; but was part of the resonant circuit.   :)    Don
« Last Edit: 2011-09-16, 06:16:25 by dag57 »

OK,  how did it magnify?  what did it magnify?  where in his patents is this 3rd or extra coil at? how did it transmit and by what natural medium? ... 
Elements of Tesla's notes and information were lost in past decades and his knowledge did with him.   However, I did run across this in my searches:

#7,960,867
"Methods and systems for wireless energy and data transmission"
http://www.google.com/patents?id=TQLnAQAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

This may or may not be along the lines of Tesla's work, but we do have it to look at now.

I'll download a copy of the patent when I have more time on another computer.  This place is closing.

--Lee

thanks Lee , i will look over this asap, looks like someone repatented tesla's work. very interesting. did not know that could be done.  :-\   Don

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
I've attached a copy here
[pdf]http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1101.0;attach=6113[/pdf]

@dag57 and Peter...

Very good.  I can't upload anything to the 'Net, so thanks.  dag57 had a point.  Wait.  Here's something legally:  It's been over 75 years since Tesla patented his inventions.  They're in the public domain now.  Still, I think is it a gray area in terms of patent law.

I'll have to finish copying the patent to read it and also look at the sub-patent reference patents.
Reedit:
The patent reference list to the one I uploaded has this one, the Plasma Globe, as an ornamental lamp:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=roIsAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract#v=onepage&q&f=false

Also,
This one is associated with the same one as the power transceiver above:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=PK7bAQAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4#v=onepage&q&f=false
It's a resonant transformer as well.

--Lee
« Last Edit: 2011-09-16, 23:24:29 by the_big_m_in_ok »

thanks Lee , i will look over this asap, looks like someone repatented tesla's work. very interesting. did not know that could be done.  :-\   Don
Yep, you bet.
Because I'm becoming more interested in this possible OU concept, I stumbled onto this diagram in the Google Images search page, with link I included:

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=2300.900
(Reply #905, pg. 61)

I copied the diagram and see a rather moderate resemblance to a TV flyback transformer having diodes and coil turns in series to give a high voltage output to a CRT picture tube.  It does look like Tesla influenced this theoretical design to some extent, as well as a multi-ring TPU.  A few of the Russian experimenters at   http://www.001-lab.com   were considering this type of setup as worth exploring with their own circuit diagrammed designs.

In the descriptive text of patent #7,960,867; Column 8, Pg. 23, starting at Line 30, the inventors maintain that either side of the transceiving sets of hardware can be used as a transmitter or receiver of data or energy---which should be considered an improvement as a data transceiving system over a similarly wired Tesla coil magnifying transmitter.

--Lee

...the metalic ball was a  loading or charging capacitor for energy storage; it was not an antenna for transmitting; but was part of the resonant circuit.   :)    Don
http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/7909-open-source-project-tesla-jackson-wireless-transmission-4.html
(Reply #112, pg. 4; about 3/4 the way down the page)

Outside influences can change the circuit's functioning characteristics as described by the one who posted.  It appears to me that the Tesla coil and Magnifying Transmitter are interacting with the atmosphere as that medium relates, being sort of a dielectric between the Earth and the lower ionosphere in a kind of an ongoing capacitive reaction while the circuit runs.

--Lee

By way of introduction let me say I have only been looking at alternative energy for a little over a year and a half. I have no formal training in electronic or electrical engineering but have designed and built some low power digital circuits for my own use.

Having been sidetracked into many of the various projects that have yet to yield usable power of any quantity I went back to the source - Nikola Tesla. There are two major problems in dealing with Dr. Tesla's work. One is comprehending how little was known in the late 19th century that we take for granted today. The other is the enormous volume of work he produced.

The keys to his devices are spread out amoung many patents, lectures, and magazine articles over a long period of time - decades, in fact. As with all fundamental development, progress is gradual and one idea leads to another, it is made workable and in doing so other ideas occur. So too was Dr. Tesla's work.

The details of his Magnifying Transmitter project are spread out through many patents. The basic patent, US 1,119,732 is the familiar tower with a torus shaped top from which the Wardencliffe project was developed. That patent references two other patents that were filed earlier and which hold key details: US 645,576 and US 649,621. These two patents are referenced by several of his other patents, another of which holds other key information - Canadian patent 0142352. All of these patents need to be read and pondered in their entirety.

I have been wondering of late if the 'magnifying' and 'transmitter' parts could be separated so have done a more thoughtful examination of the patents. What I found is disappointing but, never the less, enlightening.

A few things to realise up front: the magnifying transmitter and the radiant enrgy concepts are two different things - they are not related although they could be used together; Dr. Tesla was thinking on planetary scales, not in the sense of planetary distribution, although he did that too, but in the sense that the entire planet, taken as a whole, was but one of the components of his circuits. It's not that his systems will work on a planetary scale but that his systems require the use of the whole globe to work at all.

This latter is why today's Tesla coils are little more than entertainments. They do not use the entire globe as a component of the circuit. Nor can they in today's infrastructure.

-------------------------
Wireless Transmission of Power Through the Atmosphere
This method would transmit millions of watts of power by conductance at fifteen or twenty million volts established by ionizing the air between balloons held at thirty thousand feet or lower to support the elevated terminals. The balloons’ altitude was to be maintained by reservoirs of hydrogen or helium gas pumped to the balloons. The lower the elevation of the balloons, the higher the required voltage would be. He states many times in interviews, articles, and patents that the power distribution is accomplished by conductance. So how do you achieve conductance at thirty thousand feet? High voltage, high frequency impulses through the rarified atmosphere which is also very cold at that altitude which reduces resistance. If this sounds too fantastic, read the patents US 645,576 and US 649,621.

-------------------------------
Wireless Transmission of Power Through the Crust of the Earth
Dr. Tesla used resonant, parametric oscillation to amplify the natural electrical currents of the earth, now called Telluric currents,  to produce roughly 300:1 energy gain where the energy induced was required to travel to the opposite side of the planet and return, at which time the amplifying pulse would be emitted again to enhance the returned pulse. The point here is that the entire globe must be pulsed such that a return pulse can be amplified. Dr. Tesla states he accomplished this with a “few hundred horsepower”. If we take “a few hundred” to mean three hundred, the output power was around 224kW. The process most likely does not scale downward.

In a section subtitled “Signaling at 1,000,000 miles!” Dr. Tesla states: “…succeeded in producing a machine which, to explain its operation in plain language, resembled a pump in its action, drawing electricity from the earth and driving it back into the same at an enormous rate.” [Collier’s Weekly ,Talking With Planets, February 9, 1901

In a section subtitled “Experiments in Colorado” he states: “The rates of electrical movement involved in strong induction apparatus had measured but a few hundred horse-power, and I produced electrical movements of rates of one hundred and ten thousand horsepower.” [Collier’s Weekly ,Talking With Planets, February 9, 1901

The most essential requirement is, however, that irrespective of frequency the wave or wave-train should continue for a certain interval of time, which I have estimated to be not less than one-twelfth or probably 0.08484 of a second and which is taken in passing to and returning from the region diametrically opposite the pole over the earth's surface with a mean velocity of about four hundred and seventy-one thousand two hundred and forty kilometers per second. [U.S. PATENT 787,412]

---------------------------------
So we can see from this that the magnifying and transmitting parts cannot be separated. The entire globe must be used to accomplish the magnification of the Telluric currents and it is not scalable downwards.

More important to us today is that these methods are impossible to implement. If they had been established in his day the world may have evolved around his concepts but that did no happen and the prospect that we may today transmit exawatts of power conductively through either the atmosphere or the crust of the earth is nil. The one thing that Dr. Tesla had that no longer exists is a world unsullied by the global infrastructure that has been built in the last one hundred years or so. While his systems could be used by the entire planet, they are also required the use of the entire planet as a part of his system. Attempting to implement his methods today would require scrapping the last hundred years of development and starting over. The two systems, Dr. Tesla's and today's infrastructure, cannot coexist.

Considering the power levels that Dr. Tesla proposed to transmit, these methods are "green" in no way. Environmentalism did not exist in his day, but consider the impact on the atmospheric chemistry if transmitted through the air and the impact on wildlife in the air, on the land, and in the ocean if millions or billions of watts of power are transmitted by conductance around the globe. At those scales these methods could, and probably would, impact the magnetic field that protects us from the solar wind. Also consider that the world of today consumes exawatt hours of electricity every year and how little of that is used for transportation.
The use of radiant energy, on the other hand, still is feasible but will very limited. I contend that radiant energy collection is best accomplished at high altitudes above sea level at the ground surface but that one requirement then also requires the distribution of the power and Dr. Tesla was thinking of using the above system for distribution. Keep in mind that Dr. Tesla was always working towards distribution of industrial quantities of power. While radiant energy may be of use on an inidivual basis today, it will require that the individual live and work at a high altitude for radiant energy to be of use.

Radiant energy is not, however, the topic of this thread so I will leave it at that for the time being. I have more details on the magnifying transmitter but this post is getting long so reply here if you want clarifications on this post.

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Interesting write-up. Thanks.

---------------------------
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

@thx1138

I would agree that was an excellent write-up and I think you have a pretty good idea of what Tesla had in mind. It was not hertz type 'waves", Tesla wanted to charge the whole of the planets surface as one conductor separated by an insulating blanket of air from the upper atmosphere which was charged to the opposite polarity. At which point the concept of time comes into play because the planet is so large and it takes time for the charged state to travel from the emitter/tower to a focal point on the other side of the planet and reflect back. It is not common knowledge but I have measured how these wave like disturbances travel on conductors and when the charge density increases at the termination of a open conductor it does reflect back even at very low voltages.
Now imagine the Earth as a metal sphere with a central emitter (the tower) and a rapid change in voltage at the base starts propagating outward then reflects back from the far side where a singular node is produced... you don't want to be on this node.. Ever. Really it is no different than placing an inductor at the center between two very large metal spheres or at the center between two very large plates. The change in charge density starts at the emitter and terminates at the farthest side of the conductors where a node is formed then it  reflects back not unlike an LC circuit. If you use an electrometer array you can actually time the rate of conductance along a conductor open on one end.

At which point we understand there was a singular point in time or history when our world could have become a very different place. The technology is sound and the implications large, at every point where a natural resource was abundant we would place an emitter and each emitter it timed to every other by the phase differential which is no different that our current AC distribution system. Every emitter becomes a node in an energy network, each reinforcing the other, and all acting together to maintain the network. Then at any point on the planet a detector could be utilized to extract this change in energy density as a wave like disturbance such as our home or planes, trains, automobiles or boats. There would be no refueling anything and no need for distribution systems or internal combustion engines as everything would be electric and pollution free. Can you imagine what our world would be like today?, I don't think we can even imagine how different a world such as this would be as the energy is literally "everywhere" and abundant.

The major downside is we are now living between two very large capacitor plates with a potential changing in magnitude on a scale we can hardly imagine. As you say, Tesla was smart but the changes to the environment on a global scale seem hard to fathom. However we should consider the changes taking place right now, rising CO2 levels, 90+% of fish stocks are gone, 90+% of all fresh water is polluted, our oceans are full of plastic, our landfills are overflowing, energy demand is rising as supply is falling, the population is growing as rapidly as the forest are disappearing through deforestation. To be honest I'm really not sure that we could do any worse, I mean really, however deep down I know we could if industry had there way. In any case there was that singular point in time when our world could have been a very different place than the one we know now and it's neat to consider how things could have changed if Tesla had his way.

Regards
AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

In my opinion, the magnifying transmitter is just a big plasma globe. lol  The reason it is magnified because of its size.  How would one tap into the energy of this thing?  I guess just put one terminal to the ground and the other to the air.  You can also do that with power line, but power line contain energy in the wire while Tesla coil is... everywhere.  Now even if it produces OU, would you want a Tesla coil running day and night in your neighborhood, your country, the whole world?  You should know how disturbing this is.  I guess Tesla wanted to do it only to prove OU to the world. 

-------------------------------
Wireless Transmission of Power Through the Crust of the Earth
Dr. Tesla used resonant, parametric oscillation to amplify the natural electrical currents of the earth, now called Telluric currents,  to produce roughly 300:1 energy gain where the energy induced was required to travel to the opposite side of the planet and return, at which time the amplifying pulse would be emitted again to enhance the returned pulse. The point here is that the entire globe must be pulsed such that a return pulse can be amplified. Dr. Tesla states he accomplished this with a “few hundred horsepower”. If we take “a few hundred” to mean three hundred, the output power was around 224kW. The process most likely does not scale downward.

Hi @thx1138, Can you tell us where this figure comes from ? Are you sure you don't mean 300:1 "power gain". Big difference I think.

Cheers

Hi @thx1138, Can you tell us where this figure comes from ? Are you sure you don't mean 300:1 "power gain". Big difference I think.

The units cited were in horsepower so I used the word "power": In a section subtitled “Experiments in Colorado” he states: “The rates of electrical movement involved in strong induction apparatus had measured but a few hundred horse-power, and I produced electrical movements of rates of one hundred and ten thousand horsepower.” [Collier’s Weekly ,Talking With Planets, February 9, 1901

As the post stated, the number assumes "a few hundred horsepower" means 300 horsepower.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-16, 13:45:35 by thx1138 »

As you say, Tesla was smart but the changes to the environment on a global scale seem hard to fathom.

Yes they are hard to fathom but we can work from what we do know. Today the world consumes 20,279,640 GWh/yr of electricity [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_energy_consumption] and we know that Dr. Tesla was speaking of true conduction. He said that several times in articles and patents. We know that ionization can cause chemical changes in the atmosphere that produce nitric acid and ozone. So imagine that much power being pumped conductively through the atmosphere and the chemical changes that would occur. And keep in mind that our electricity consumption would be much greater than that if we weren't using the other energy sources we are using today.

To be honest I'm really not sure that we could do any worse...

Sure we can: destroy the magnetic field or significantly decrease it and our atmosphere will burn away; alter gravity and the earth and/or the moon could change their orbits, the latter possibly crashing into the former or at least having a major impact on tides which also might alter the rotation of the earth..

I also speculate that that amount of power pumped through the atmosphere and/or crust conductively would have an affect on the magnetic field although I don't know what they affect would be. The magnetosphere is one of the key players in making the earth habitable because it shields us from the solar wind. Mars has a negligible magnetic field so its atmosphere nor crust is protected from the solar wind. Changing how the solar wind impacts the environment on earth would definitely impact the weather also.

But the point is we just don't know that it would be any less detrimental than methods used today nor can it be proven unless we discover another planet with which to experiment.

That's because we avoid important questions. Really if magnetic field of Earth or gravity or rotation of it is once set in the past and it's in stable balance then we should not tap this power. However , and this is more probable if all those are manifestations of incoming power , we only need to understand the process and I'm sure it is safe to tap this energy but it must be done UNIFORMLY all over the world. By by THE POWER GRID !

@thx1138
But the point is we just don't know that it would be any less detrimental than methods used today nor can it be proven unless we discover another planet with which to experiment.

You may find it interesting that I have replicated many of Tesla's patents many years ago and performed experiments concerning the very thing you are talking about. Take conduction for example, I mean no offense to anyone but most have absolutely no idea what Tesla was actually refering to in reality when he spoke of conduction. For instance I wanted to measure the rate and area of conduction in materials of specific geometries and found there is really no instrument available. So I built a coherer which worked marginaly well, then an electrometer which worked better then went on to build extremely sensitive solid state detectors and detector arrays which could tell whether anyone in my house was walking across the carpet.

I found that if a person touches one end of an insulated wire up to 100 feet long the whole of the wire near instantly retains the same polarity as that person which in 99.99% of cases is a positive charge. Our bodies naturally have a positive charge on it's surface however if I hold one end of my 100 foot wire and touch the other end of the wire to the negative terminal of a 12v battery then the wire and the whole of my body now has a negative charge on it's surface. I measure the surface charge of my body as very positive near electronic devices however if I simply remove my shoes the level drops by a large degree and if I touch the earth or an earthed conductor the whole surface of my body retains the exact same state of charge as the ground which is negative. I could easily write a book on the number of experiments I performed in this field of research however I think you may be getting an idea of what I am suggesting.

For the most part what Tesla was referring to is already happening on a smaller scale and I would estimate from my experiments that our body would experience polarity reversals at minimum thousands if not tens of thousands of times per day. I am not speaking of milli-volts but thousands if not tens of thousands of volts changing constantly and most everyone is completely oblivious to this fact. Keep in mind I am speaking solely of conduction and the other half of the equation is induction which will cause a charge seperation in all objects insulators or not to varied degrees. If you want to understand what Tesla was refering to build an electrostatic charge detector and you will see a world you never knew existed. There is nothing .... I say nothing static about the world we live in and it has always been dynamic as Tesla suggested.

The next device I am building will utilize a relatively new technology called a zero-threshold FET , (http://www.powerpulse.net/story.php?storyID=13368) and I had tested a similar technology many years ago. I called it a zero threshold detector and it was a true zero theshold detector as far as my instruments were concerned however the threshold was prone to instability which increases as the zero barrier is approached. Note this line in the article .... floating-gate charge technology, lol, priceless as this is exactly what I was doing and this is what every expert will tell you never to do. ALD is going to make billions by scavenging energy from any signals above zero or ambient to power our portable devices by doing something every single expert has told you never to do under any circumstances, as I said priceless.

AC

Comprehend and Copy Nature... Viktor Schauberger

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”― Richard P. Feynman

Tesla's Magnifying Transmitter consists of a big LC circuit connected to the ground, with a high terminal capacity, and using high voltage and low frequencies in order that a standing wave can be established around the earth, meaning that an even number of  half-wavelengths, from 1 to some ones, is on the order of the earth circumference.
Therefore a receiver of the same kind as the transmitter and resonant at the same frequency, would always be in the field of the transmitter, and could intercept anywhere a part of the energy of the standing wave.

• We see that "Tesla's Magnifying Transmitter" magnifies nothing. Energy is needed to create the field. If the field is depleted by an energy receiver, energy must be provided by the transmitter to maintain the field.
  • As the frequency must be low and the range of the circuit dimensions is well below the wave length, there is no generation of EM waves, therefore there is no propagation around the earth. There would be only an electric field of the same kind as this one between the plates of a capacitor, the second plate of this capacitor being the terminal capacity of the receiver, and the complete circuit being looped through the earth.
  • It follows that we face an ordinary electric field, whose the field lines tend to loop from the terminal capacity to the earth according to the principle of least action, i.e. following the shortest way. The main field is located in the immediate vicinity of the transmitter between the terminal capacity and the ground, fading very quickly with the distance.
  • Even if the receiver is resonant and thus favors the coupling with the transmitter, the electric field fades quickly with the distance, meaning that a receiver at a long distance would receive only a weak part of the field
  • The main field between looped to the ground, currents in the ground would also add supplementary losses. And if the receiver, which is capacitively coupled with the transmitter, consumes current, there will be again losses in the earth resistance that loops the circuit.

I consider Tesla as a great inventor and a high skilled engineer, but not as a competent theorician. Its limits has appeared when he tried to apply to a real setup his theorized idea of "longitudinal waves" that have never been demonstrated and have always been confused with near fields. A near field doesn't propagate, it remains linked to the field source, it is not autonomous unlike the EM waves but it creates all phenomena that we observe with resonant coupled circuits. Maxwell was right against Tesla and Maxwell has shown the pertinence of his model which is incompatible with longitudinal waves in the vacuum. That is why Tesla failed with its "magnifying" transmitter, and that is why all those who have resumed his idea (and who had not even the Tesla's competences) failed also.

Until concrete proof of the contrary, the Tesla's magnifying transmitter is a dead end. The practical applications can concern only short distance and low power up to tens of watts, like wireless cell phone chargers that the industry already build according to Maxwell equations, using the more practical magnetic field instead of the electric field. For this kind of setups to be efficient, the dimensions of the circuits must be the broadest possible, while being kept short in comparison with the wavelength otherwise EM waves are radiated. For a transmission at some tens Km, this would mean towers of tens of km with tremendous coils and terminal capacities. Not only around the earth but only at some km, we are far from this technology. Moreover it's not even thinkable due the ambient fear of any fields from the general public, and particularly at a moment where there are real indications that strong low frequency fields are harmful for the health.

Group: Tinkerer

Quote from: exnihiloest
Tesla's Magnifying Transmitter consists of a big LC circuit
connected to the ground...

We see that "Tesla's Magnifying Transmitter" magnifies
nothing...

Perhaps Tesla was speaking of the Magnification Factor
or "Q" (Quality) of his circuitry?

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Claimed proof of "scalar longitudinal electrodynamic waves":

Monstein and Wesley: Observation of scalar longitudinal electrodynamic waves
http://www.astro.ethz.ch/people/pdf_files/cmonstei/7210.pdf

(You can find several comments regarding the results presented in this paper.)

Tesla has an equation in his Colorado Springs Notes that he said provides the "magnification factor".  I'll look it up when I get home.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 15:08:36