PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 12:52:11
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: The TPU: Was It Real ?  (Read 255844 times)

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
To make it more interesting, you'd have to spin it faster or increase the perpendicular field (field of force parallel to the axis of rotation).  If it is a background field, you can't change it, but you could replace it with your own field and feed some of the output to power this field to make it stronger.

When you connect a load, it will pull the voltage down, probably about 1/3 (back torque) or more. 

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosively_pumped_flux_compression_generator

An EPFCG package that could be easily carried by a person can produce pulses in the millions of amperes and tens of terawatts, exceeding the power of a lightning strike by orders of magnitude.

Now how to replace the explosives   :-\

tExB=qr
probably not, but I can cause electrokinetic induction

tExB=qr
The TPU: Was It Real ?

Hell yes! It was real!

Group: Guest
To ION

On the video look at the left toroid's bottom,you will see a spark
that concides with the position of the switch,left switch.The switch bottom contacts are closed at the
top,off when the switch is either center or bottom.A transformer when current is flowing in the primary,goes
 from this to an open circuit a large spark will be generated on the secondary.Note the tpu is in an off state
 when both switches are at bottom position.Theres a crude picture of the tpu with a picture
labeling the functions of the switches from the 17" tpu.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
To ION

On the video look at the left toroid's bottom,you will see a spark
that coincides with the position of the switch,left switch.The switch bottom contacts are closed at the
top,off when the switch is either center or bottom. A transformer when current is flowing in the primary,goes
 from this to an open circuit a large spark will be generated on the secondary.Note the tpu is in an off state
 when both switches are at bottom position.There's a crude picture of the tpu with a picture
labeling the functions of the switches from the 17" tpu.

Yes I see the brief spark as the left switch is toggled. Good catch. Very easy to miss, I stepped through the frames of the video you posted. Wonder how much current would have to be flowing through the toroid to produce that arc over when interrupted?

From Grumpy:

The TPU: Was It Real ?

Hell yes! It was real!

The evidence seems to indicate this.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
Wonder how much current would have to be flowing through the toroid to produce that arc over when interrupted?

less than those caps will deliver

I wonder if Stefan Hartman believes the TPU is real, because he has removed the old TPU topics from his Overunity website.   :o

Did anybody archive what was posted there?

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
They're all still there ;)

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." Frank Zappa

Hi,here is a video showing an air core coil ,with a short duration high current pulse applied.
the hammering noise is the contraction and relaxation of the coil due to the strong magnetic field.The flashing red light is a magnetic pulse detector,like a logic probe,only for magnetic fields.The pictures are the coil and the detector,I believe the vibration in the tpu is caused by a short duration high current pulse.

Hi,here is a video showing an air core coil ,with a short duration high current pulse applied.
the hammering noise is the contraction and relaxation of the coil due to the strong magnetic field.The flashing red light is a magnetic pulse detector,like a logic probe,only for magnetic fields.The pictures are the coil and the detector, I believe the vibration in the tpu is caused by a short duration high current pulse.

Well done CP2012....I have done some similar testing looking to recreate vibration.

The next step would be to try the same test with a non-inductive winding instead of a solenoid winding. Also a tall thin structure would allow more free play of the vertical wires than a tightly wound solenoid.

Looking at the cross section cutaway of the SM17, It looks to me that SM is using a loopback winding for low inductance....hence all the glue and outer ring at the base where a few tie wraps would have sufficed to hold the whole thing to the base. Look closely at the cutaway, the windings do not appear to turn the square corners of the lower block.

In his early designs, SM used lamp cord in a bifilar fashion for low inductance. Why lampcord? If you twist two ends together and pulse the opposite two ends, you have a nice uniform non-inductive path. Parallel currents flowing in opposite directions always cause repulsion between the wires, regardless of the polarity of the energizing current.

In a loopback winding you go down one side and back up the same side, repeating this on the inside and outside of the TPU, never making complete solenoid style turns around the TPU.

This creates a non-inductive wind, but you get repulsion effects between the loops. This is a very different construction technique than bifilar out of phase windings.

A non-inductive wind will make better use of the risetime of a sharp pulse, peak current limited only by the DC resistance of the wire as the inductance is minimal. This is my next area of research.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-11, 14:26:40 by ION »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
current pulse as in the discharge of a cap?

current pulse as in the discharge of a cap?

Yes, that is the best method. Use a small electrostatic corona wire power supply from a scrapped laser printer, this can be powered up with a small 9 volt battery. Charge a "pulse rated capacitor", dump it with an avalanche device or high voltage transistor. A tiny spark gap can also be used. Makes a compact, portable high current pulse generator. The drawback is the PRR (pulse repetition rate) will be limited by the available recharge current.

Question CP2012: Can you describe your pulse circuit?

tExB=qr
Yes, that is the best method. Use a small electrostatic corona wire power supply from a scrapped laser printer, this can be powered up with a small 9 volt battery. Charge a "pulse rated capacitor", dump it with an avalanche device or high voltage transistor. A tiny spark gap can also be used. Makes a compact, portable high current pulse generator. The drawback is the PRR (pulse repetition rate) will be limited by the available recharge current.

Question CP2012: Can you describe your pulse circuit?

I use a cap bank to keep the voltage up and switch after this.

Some may recall that SM mentioned transformers and out of phase signals (maybe transients too - can't recall)

I use a cap bank to keep the voltage up and switch after this.

Some may recall that SM mentioned transformers and out of phase signals (maybe transients too - can't recall)

There are lots of ways to create high current discharges on the bench. I am referring to a small portable means as might be packed into a TPU.

Any non-inductively wound device satisfies SM's reference to out of phase signals. Though we can't know exactly what he was referring to, I believe this statement was in reference to the 5U4 circuit.

To ION
I just did a coil both tightly wound and lose using  bifilar
windings the magnetic field totally cancels out you get no vibration.
Does prove the magnetic field is the cause of the pounding noise.
You have to be careful of SM he laid out a lot of traps in the tpu
to fool the engineers,as soon as I have more time ill get into that aspect.The pulsing device
 comes from
looking at a guys web site that likes to build magnetically driven ball bearing
 guns,this is based on hes old stuff,I  modified
 a few things from hes stuff added a few other things reduced it to a very small
number of parts make it so its portable ,has a fixed pulse rate,the flashing light in the video is the pulsing rate.I made another one
that has a variable rate 1 to 12 pulses a second,because its designed on that guys circuit
it can discharge a cap at 20,000 mfd at 200v,however I only use 1000 mfd at 180 v on this one.
There are a lot of very smart people on the web sometimes they make something that has dual uses like this
all thats needed is a few changes,no need to start from scratch,he had all the bugs worked out.

tExB=qr
There are lots of ways to create high current discharges on the bench. I am referring to a small portable means as might be packed into a TPU.

Any non-inductively wound device satisfies SM's reference to out of phase signals. Though we can't know exactly what he was referring to, I believe this statement was in reference to the 5U4 circuit.

My powersupply of 4kv and cap bank will fit in a cigarette pack and runs on 12vdc at about 500mA, or less if less voltage is required.

If SM worked with Quad DSL speakers and voice coils when he found the effect, perhaps it is HV more than HC.

At this point though, I don't think he stumbled across the effect, but rather noticed that modern electrodynamics has "glossed over a few things".  He may have come the same logical crossroad, where we now stand.  From the things he said about magnets and the earth and getting usable power from these things, he was probably searching like we are.  The bifilar approach where one signal is applied o two parallel wires and one is delayed can produce the necessary moving electric field.  You need enough voltage that the resultant moving superimposed wave is strong enough to create an effect on the collector.

HI ALL,here is more information so you avoid one of  SM's traps,SM is a master at fooling you into concluding one thing or moving you in a direction thats false.He fooled many engineers,and very smart people,there are more of these traps in hes units.The concept that SM lies and that he may not want you to build a tpu is a hard concept for some people.

tExB=qr
HI ALL,here is more information so you avoid one of  SM's traps,SM is a master at fooling you into concluding one thing or moving you in a direction thats false.He fooled many engineers,and very smart people,there are more of these traps in hes units.The concept that SM lies and that he may not want you to build a tpu is a hard concept for some people.

Then SM never should have said that the TPU's used a differnt form of "induction", of "causing electrons to flow".

Everytime I meet someone on these forums that might be SM, I ask about those toroids.  The answer  is never that they are fake or part of a tuned tank, rather it is that they are part of a regulator or for filtering, isolation, or whatever, but never anything that pertains to the production of the inductive effect.  So, I am inclined to think that they are not important.  Also, I don't recall that SM ever mentioned them in his letters.  Knowing that some switching methods cause a reflection, I'm inclined to think they are for isolation.

Then SM never should have said that the TPU's used a differnt form of "induction", of "causing electrons to flow".

Everytime I meet someone on these forums that might be SM, I ask about those toroids.  The answer  is never that they are fake or part of a tuned tank, rather it is that they are part of a regulator or for filtering, isolation, or whatever, but never anything that pertains to the production of the inductive effect.  So, I am inclined to think that they are not important.  Also, I don't recall that SM ever mentioned them in his letters.  Knowing that some switching methods cause a reflection, I'm inclined to think they are for isolation.

SM may have been unable to restrain his underlying enthusiasm for the technology and would occasionally blurt out something real amidst some obfuscation.

Regarding the small toroidal transformers in the center of some devices, I have a different point of view which I have expressed in other threads. There are plenty of opinions around for years of research.

But that is not so important when we consider the 6" and 3" units, which did not posses such a large toroid, and no small visible toroidal shaped bumps under the tape.

I take it all as information, whether some is true or false will be revealed eventually, the real question is how could these smaller devices have worked and what would be a good starting point for replication.

In the last four years, thousands of man-hours have been spent mixing frequencies and driving pulses into traditionally wound toroidal structures, to my knowledge, and to no avail, except for heresay.

There are lots of impressive sounding documents that would leave you to believe this or that method works e.g. "Working TPU Replication". The old SM threads at OU are full of them. Not to mention youtube videos.

We are all still thinking way inside the box, which SM ventured out of. We need a fresh start in new directions of R&D effort to crack this.

Exploring means to create the vibration and gyro effects might be an effective method to reverse engineer the device, so CP2012 might be on the right track, although I have not fully agreed with all his findings, I commend him for taking this approach.

ION,

Good post.

I'll add my thoughts.

Don't let your experiences limit what you can see. There are cases of individuals making great attempts to produce drawings, connection diagrams and analysis of photos.

A few of those decided there own work became scripture and got a little huffy when people went there own way.

No one is right until it is working that way on the bench.

Example:

I am flabbergasted when someone familiar with common mode chokes or common toroidal cores claims them to be a filter choke.

The smaller TPUs didn't have a small toroid inside because the TPU functions the same way as the small toroid.
TPUs with a single small toroid or the function of a single small toroid quit when they were flipped over.

CP2012,

As my grandfather was fond of saying " We?......   Who is we?.....   Do you have a turd in your pocket? "   ;D

to Wavewatcher
,There was a man that played the lottery every week he prayed to
god, please let me win the lottery,every week he lost.after months of this
he said god I have been a good person,gone to church and have prayed to you every night why wont
you let me win the lottery.suddenly the the sky opened up and a loud voice said,"Meet me half way and buy a ticket".

God has no money so he makes the man pay for it?

Or -

Once led by the blind you are forever blind?

Sorry.

I've been awake about 22 hours.

HI All,heres something to think about,in the video SM plays with a speaker magnet  using it first on the left toroid
which does nothing,then the right that does something.All the time the switch positions are in an up position
that is an ,"on" position.The tpu is already in an on position ,is he playing games or trying to jump start the tpu.
I'll post more stuff as soon as I get over this nasty cold.

Hi all,
This post will be to look at MR WATTSUP's theory
that all of the tpu's are fake he originally started
with the garage tpu and 4 inch tpu being fake,and showed that it was possible.
I think he has a point on the two being fake,however
 I don't agree that all the others are fake.
No one can prove that the 4 inch tpu and garage tpu are fake but it can be shown that
they could very well be fake and should not be considered in any theory
to explain construction and operation.The video is made to look fake for a reason
I can deplicate the original garage tpu and produce a close copy but that would serve no purpose.
In a few days, maybe sooner, I will post more details on how the SM garage tpu is fake.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 12:52:11