PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-06, 16:18:06
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Author Topic: Akula0083 30 watt self running generator.  (Read 932751 times)

Dear Wattsup.
Would you be kind enough to draw your findings schematically ?? I myself find it much easier to understand than a written description !!  :) Cheers Grum.

@Grumage

For you, I would even draw a Mona Lisa but cannot guarantee she will have the same smile. hahaha

Meanwhile I made a small avi on the wind method here: http://purco.qc.ca/ftp/Wattsups%27%20stuff/misc/

Give it some time to download. I did not want to put this video in my youtube channel. hahaha

We have to look closer to the actual board photo and not only the schematic. 

Why do you think he scratched out the IC number on the original board then identifies it in his schematic? hahahahh

wattsup

---------------------------

Group: Guest
This one has only one diode (not counting (LEDs) no transformer (just two separate inductors) and 2 switching power transistors.
I'd say, it's very different.

Yes, in retrospect they are different.  Can we separate the differences from the similarities to find a common theme though?  Or a way to differentiate what is critical and what is not?

I suspect these schematics are Roman's way of mentally prototyping his ideas; I doubt very much he has posted any schematics that exactly match devices he has demonstrated as working units.  I say that based on the Steho connection.

Meanwhile I made a small avi on the wind method here: http://purco.qc.ca/ftp/Wattsups%27%20stuff/misc/

Give it some time to download. I did not want to put this video in my youtube channel. hahaha

Other than your vice moving around and the wires not staying put, this is a very helpful video.  Thanks for making it.

So attached, I have a shot of the final wind with the wires enumerated.  Can you describe how they hook-up or simplify down to just four wires?  Are #2 and #3 hidden?

Other than your vice moving around and the wires not staying put, this is a very helpful video.  Thanks for making it.
So attached, I have a shot of the final wind with the wires enumerated.  Can you describe how they hook-up or simplify down to just four wires?  Are #2 and #3 hidden?

@Matt Watts

No they are visible and together. There are 5 connections just like in his last video except that in the last video he is pulsing the two ends each with one mosfet and the center tap is going somewhere that I have not mapped but the center tap needs constant + so the 2 end mosfets can switch in and out, either together or at a slight delay.

@all

The new wind method now explains to me why in the AK30 the top 5 /12 turns coil wire color was slightly beige compared to the wire underneath it. It's because they were two winds in bucking mode with center tap. That was not in the schematic.

The AK30 board shows a SemiSouth type mosfet so why did he indicate IRF3205. I have a few of these on hand. If I remember correctly these types do not have an internal diode. There is no resemblance whatsoever to the IRF3205.

My main question is when you guys started looking at the schematic to plan out these circuit boards, didn't anyone look at the actual board or did you guys just rely on the AK30 schematic? I kind of tuned out during the very demanding pages of circuit elaboration (was and still am on the FTPU) but maybe I should have taken more steps to stop you guys and make sure the board coincides with the schematic way before a circuit was designed. Don't get me wrong because I am not blaming anyone but myself but man oh man, the things we have to go through to make a few extra watts. hahaha

If Akula schematics cannot be trusted, then when do we know what to trust and what not to trust? Things like the TL4941N may not even be used on his board because when you look at the peripherals and what is going to the pins, they do not match the schematic. Plus why did he scratch out the IC number and then tell us it is a TL4941N in the schematic?

@T1000 indicated that Akula had a contract and was held to an NDC so this is why he is just playing around with these other designs for what? What is the use of showing designs, providing inconsistent schematics and all the rest of this whole thing if he will not take 10 minutes to talk in direct terms about the builds.

If the schematic has so many inconsistencies compared to the board, then we must also consider that Akula could have provided the schematic with values that would ensure builders are at 300KHz or below and that duty cannot be controlled as well. That ensures him the publicity he is obviously looking for while we would never get it since in my experience, such devices can "resonate" at lower frequencies, yes, but only to a small percentage of its potential. At only 5 1/2 or 11 turns L1 puling most probably in the 1-5 MHz range will this device really come to life, but we would never know it. So we have to chuck out the schematic, produce the Ecore as we now know, use the general schematic for the ecore side and run it via a mosfet and an FG that can get much higher switching in order to find the proper self-running frequency.

But please guys, let's not lose heart and keep concentrated on the build and figure this to together because I do not have the talent to do it alone but I do have the analytical skills to figure out the functionality.

Like this next point: Look at C11 the R1 0.22 resistor and the C2 100n cap. Why the hell is that C2 cap there? Seems to me with C11 already there, there is no need for C2. What can C2 do more then C11? But if between R1/C2 and L1, there was a PNP mosfet switching that front end of L1, maybe C2 would then have a use but since Akula took that out of the schematic, he had to patch up that part as he did. Does this make any sense to the more proficient OUers here?

So next damn damn damn damn step is to map the official circuit board to the schematic and see where Akula deviated from reality so we would just be thrown off the real effect.

wattsup

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Wattsup said:

Like this next point: Look at C11 the R1 0.22 resistor and the C2 100n cap. Why the hell is that C2 cap there? Seems to me with C11 already there, there is no need for C2. What can C2 do more then C11? But if between R1/C2 and L1, there was a PNP mosfet switching that front end of L1, maybe C2 would then have a use but since Akula took that out of the schematic, he had to patch up that part as he did. Does this make any sense to the more proficient OUers here?

C11 will have a rather high esr, the film type C2 will be more effective at snubbing the HF transients, having a very low esr. For high frequency work it is common practice to shunt a large electrolytic with a small low esr cap such that the two present a very low impedance in a circuit. Value in uF is not the whole story with capacitors, one needs to consider esr and effective inductance.

Since the C2 is on the other side of the 0.22 ohm, it forms a first filter for the HF transients from L1. It may also produce a high Q resonant behavior with L1 being somewhat decoupled from C11 by the 0.22 ohm. Additionally, L2 transients enter the C11 node directly via a 1 ohm resistor, C2 and R1and R3 form a small filter that might prevent the L2 transient from falsely retriggering the FET due to high dV/dt.

There are many not so obvious subtleties to Akula's circuits. We need to unravel them all. From my experience in switchmode designs, Akula seems to pay attention to the subtleties. e.g. R2, C4 across D6 and C5 across R5. Some of what he does also puzzles me.

I agree that we need more precise definition of components against what we see in the videos.

Thanks for your winding clarification video. I use a small dab of superglue to bind the first  turn to the core, this makes subsequent turns easier to tightly apply. A dab on the last turn holds it all tightly together while tape is applied. Small plastic spring clamps keep your fingers out of the glue while it sets up.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Quote Matt Watts ....If Akula schematics cannot be trusted, then when do we know what to trust and what not to trust? Things like the TL4941N may not even be used on his board because when you look at the peripherals and what is going to the pins, they do not match the schematic. Plus why did he scratch out the IC number and then tell us it is a TL4941N in the schematic?

I have noticed that there are too many coincidences in the video just made and the old photo posted ... something not quite right because if Akula should make another video why he is so careful to place each thing in the same old position?

Find the differences....

Group: Professor

C11 will have a rather high esr, the film type C2 will be more effective at snubbing the HF transients, having a very low esr. For high frequency work it is common practice to shunt a large electrolytic with a small low esr cap such that the two present a very low impedance in a circuit. Value in uF is not the whole story with capacitors, one needs to consider esr and effective inductance.
Yes

I would again like to thank Groundloop and Peterae for making the PCB available FOC.

I am at the moment very tied up with work projects but will continue to monitor the forums for any new developments from the other members who are populating and testing their PCB's and especially those looking into Akula's 3V OU flashlight device. I'm fairly convinced that Akula used a hidden power source, possibly small button cells hidden in the pots for these devices but I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

Hoppy

Anyway a good actor could win an Oscar on Youtube.... O0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmeUuoxyt_E

The only magnetic field working for me for now ... with 3 w is this joule thief "Lasersaber" lights 54w light 6 leds enought (each 9w led)
« Last Edit: 2014-04-26, 11:54:21 by TutorialFE »

Group: Elite Experimentalist

As i was going nowhere with my current draining circuit, i tried Wattsup his transformer configuration idea.
As i understand it, the transformer configuration will be like in the transformer layout shown below.
To fill the coreformer, i ended up with 18 turns L2 (2*9) and 2*6 turns on both L1's

I tried the 4 possibilities to hook up this new transformer but all show an even higher current consumption.
The old transformer pulled 14V / 10A without activating the bench PS current limiter,  but all the 4 possible connections on the new transformer layout is causing the bench PS current limiter to be activated (10A).

So i had to reduce the duty cycle to stay within acceptable current consumption, so i tried Black_Birds solution mentioned some weeks ago (3.9K resistor from pin2 to ground and a 20K pot between pins 2 and 3).
This did not work then (inverted output signal due to the use of the transistor driver), but works ok now with the non-inverting MOSFET driver.
I can now regulate the duty cycle between 0 and 44%.

Setting the duty cycle to 10% reduces the current to about 1A which is not causing any heating up.
New measurements are taken (current through R1 (C2 removed) and R3 = L2 and both L1's) and shown below.
I tried to use the new transformer in "flyback" mode and there was 1 combination out of the 4 which shows this (see screenshot).

Anyway, no abnormalities seen during a long evening testing.......

Video here:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RIiL8T90qs&feature=youtu.be

Regards Itsu

« Last Edit: 2014-04-26, 15:55:24 by Itsu »

@All

regarding my previous comment ... I've thinking a lot and the only reason why Akula has provided everything exactly as in the past can be a form of visual perspective or pleasant from a distance so that everything looks so very cool ...

or a form of superstition on the continuous operation of his invention also remember that is was afraid to stay close with the camera because there was a big electromagnetic field..

or the magician does the trick as when preparing the show ...

Meanwhile, I'm comforted because I've understood what were meant when were talked about the gyroscopic effect of TPU by Steven Mark ... with these other videos .. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8NBNkSXtOg

« Last Edit: 2014-04-26, 17:22:20 by TutorialFE »

So i had to reduce the duty cycle to stay within acceptable current consumption, so i tried Black_Birds solution mentioned some weeks ago (3.9K resistor from pin2 to ground and a 20K pot between pins 2 and 3).
This method of duty cycle reduction affects the operation of the feedback loop involving pin2.
The method of limiting the duty cycle by injecting 0 - 3.5VDC voltage into pin3 through a small diode - does not affect the operation of the feedback loop.

v3 screenshots front/back.. back3.jpg flipped to match front.

Akula0083 - Lantern No 3 - Disassembly - Full Length Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Tw66wrW0A

Akula0083 - Lantern No 3 - Demonstration (first version with power supply)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP_Y0Le6Wg

Wesley Translate's Akula video #15: Akula's TPU part 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BNgo09N0yM
« Last Edit: 2014-04-27, 07:17:51 by 4Tesla »

v3 screenshots front/back.. back3.jpg flipped to match front.

That's a good start.  Any chance you can create an overlay of the two views aligned and scaled?

I suspect we could determine what the chips must be if we fully reverse engineer these images and draw possible schematics.

That's a good start.  Any chance you can create an overlay of the two views aligned and scaled?

I suspect we could determine what the chips must be if we fully reverse engineer these images and draw possible schematics.

I tried to overlay, but couldn't.  Maybe someone better at photoshop.  Maybe we should invite magpwr from over on ou.com to see if he would be interested in making schematic.. He is very good at reverse engineering, but hand draws schematics.  But we can see if verpies or someone can make digital version.  If you all interested I can send a pm to magpwr.

Edit: I sent a PM to magpwr.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-27, 07:28:23 by 4Tesla »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
4Tesla
If he wants to join, i need an email address  O0

Thanks
Peter

I will look at the layout today and see if i can work a diagram out although i think it's going to be hard to see where the tracks are cut if those image above are the best we have  O0

4Tesla
If he wants to join, i need an email address  O0

Thanks
Peter

I will look at the layout today and see if i can work a diagram out although i think it's going to be hard to see where the tracks are cut if those image above are the best we have  O0

Thanks Peter! Perhaps someone else can get higher res screen capture.  I'm just using the print screen key on my pc.

I tried to use the new transformer in "flyback" mode and there was 1 combination out of the 4 which shows this (see screenshot).
That does not look like the "flyback" mode, because absolute values of currents in |L1| & |L2| both increase at the same time.

In a "flyback" mode the absolute value of |L1|'s current should start to increase with the rising edge of the gate pulse (it does) and the absolute value of |L2|'s current should start to increase with the falling edge of the gate pulse (it doesn't).

P.S.
Increasing absolute value of a negative current, looks like a falling edge on a scope (albeit going below zero). In "flyback" mode L2's current is always negative in reference to L1's current as "seen" by your CSRs, thus leaving L2's current channel non-inverted, helps with an intuitive visualization on the scope.

Buy me some coffee
I've been reviewing the videos and although i think it's certainly possible to draw a circuit, it looks like a lot of work to me, i think i am going to pass that onto someone else, but i did reach a conclusion, there's 2 identical circuits on the board, each TL494 drives a separate winding from what i can see assuming it is a 494 which seems probable, one immediate difference is there a much larger cap near pins 5-7 on one chip than the other., i suppose everyone worked this out anyway  O0

Hello everyone

today I wanted to see if there 'a chance to hope that these replicas is real ... unfortunately I have bad news ....

I've seen the video Xname41 Ruslan Kulabuhov and even here there' a good question mark on the validity of the real operation...

look what I've find...

This the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Sf1pZuHn0

he says that there nothing hide under the table and when the lifts it to show that there is anything under appear the black box  (box of emergency)  but does not show what there is in the box.... ah ah ah ;D

Conclusion he has an inveter connect to the hidden battery... :P

Hello everyone

today I wanted to see if there 'a chance to hope that these replicas is real ... unfortunately I have bad news ....

I've seen the video Xname41 Ruslan Kulabuhov and even here there' a good question mark on the validity of the real operation...

look what I've find...

You might create different topic about it as there was series of videos and also one of them was in Riga city where this guy picked working generator from the ground to show no hidden wires...

Hi there,

Here is yesterdays conference recording with Roman (akula) ,myself and the rest of people - http://webfile.ru/63bd3cd22caa0cb0343e3c0c52158678

Please save it and try to translate, it contains important information.

Cheers!

Sorry for this long post but I think there is much to cover.

@Happy

If you want I will buy your circuit, plus labor and transport costs to me. I am sorry to here you will not be talking part for now.

@ION

Thank you very much for your kind explanation as well as confirmation that HF filtering is suitable, but maybe I can add, especially if your plan also included a mosfet before L1.

If I was just returning L2 via R3 into C11, transients or not, I would not care and let them enter L1 again. I would not want to filter anything at all since all change in the primary would be reflected to the secondary. But if I wanted to place a mosfet before L1, maybe some filtering to feed the mosfet drain is suitable and that is the point here. Why put that small cap if not because you had a mosfet there but did not include it in your schematic. With all the work involved in making the schematic in the first place, it would be very easy for Akula to have forgotten to remove the C2 from the plan when he removed the mosfet.

@all

The only confirmation we have is in two builds, the winds are as discussed in my previous post. I am so sorry I could not find that sooner. I had always though that front left wire was not at the right angle and color but only once the v3 video came out that this became more then evident.

We know the wind method (L1/L3 - L2), we know the pulse method (mos at ends of L1/L3), we may know the truth about the return method (D5/D6/L2/R3), but we do not know how to drive it. At what frequency? I am now convinced it is above the 300K that Akula pegged (or precrippled) this in the schematic while probably confiding in a friend "Don't worry, as long as they keep using that IC below 300k, they'll never get it!".

In the AK30 circuit board photo we see one IC, one SemiSouth type Jfet and a regular mosfet. There are not three mosfets like in the schematic.

On the schematic, why is the IC pin 5 going to a cap of 3nf when even the graphs for this IC do not show anything higher then 1nf. Why 3?  How does this impact operation parameters? Everything has to be looked at guys.

Also on pin 6, why is R15 1K and R16 a 10k Pot when this line may be better in the 500k range? Please see image (CT/RT) below to look at this question and advise.

D6 on the actual board is a 630 volt or more 100nf capacitor. Why such a high rating?

The feedback loop is taken at a point that never made sense to me either. Why would you take that signal after the load where voltage would be zero or near zero, then pass it through additional resistors before sending it to the IC? Look, I am not well versed in these matters that I usually leave entirely to others to work out with better experience in circuitry.

But in a nutshell, this basically leaves us to our own devices to figure out so all component values around the IC would need to be re-calculated and/or re-confirmed as if we were designing the circuit from scratch while including a mosfet before the L1.

The two mosfets can pulse off the same signal to both gates to start then we can work on producing a very slight delay between them.

Change in a coil occurs as soon as you connect the first side to any potential, that potential permeates the complete length of the coil. So if you connect one side, let it permeate to the end, then disconnect it while applying the other side, now the other side will permeate the complete length, etc. This produces change in the complete length of the coil wound on the core which is exactly what is required to maximize and/or reflect those changes to the secondary at full force. This will use the coil to its fullest extreme.

@Itsu

Thanks for showing your tests with the variation. However, I must explain to you that with the recent findings the ecore has 5 wires, not four. That means the 5th wire requires some new considerations and the L1 most probably requires a mosfet before the L1.

I attach a diagram of Akulas yoke circuit that has the two mosfets on each end of a two wind primary. I think this yoke device seems to be the one Akula had licensed out and then silenced but it makes so much more sense to me.

In short, pulsing a coil DC from only one side of a coil will always produce the Half Coil Syndrome (HCS). Telsa then invented AC but this did not fix the problem completely. Instead of having one half of a coil undergo the same pulse change while the other side stays mainly static, AC is basically alternating that one side but the other half is still static. I am sure Telsa was not 100% satisfied with AC even if it did great good for society he must have known there was something much better. The only real way to overcome HCS is to pulse the coil from both sides. This way the complete length of the coil undergoes a complete change at pulse on and at pulse off and not only half the coil. This increases the dynamic changes in flux that impart more to the secondary. I can go deeper into the HCS later but it involves new notions of how coils work which is not important here. Akula probably does not know this as well and only sees a working effect that he tries to explain in so many ways.

To see this actually happen, take a variac and put a pulse generator across each end. Then put your scope probe (no ground) on the sweeper blade and turn the handle. This will allow you to see how the pulse energy is dispersed inside the variac coil where you will soon realize that 75% of the pulse energy was dissipated in the first half of the pulsing side of the coil. Funny though the higher in frequency you go while sweeping, you will now see nodal peaks while sweeping the handle but the signal will be more homogeneous throughout the coil.

We all like to think that the pulse enters the coil at a power of 10 and exits at a power of 10. No way, every coil has HCS so imagine your 10 turn one layer primary is pulsing across a gap located between the 5th and 6th turn. By the time the pulse gets to the gap, the remaining 5 turns will only dissipate 25% (or less) of the impulse. So what do you think this does to your pulsing plans? Why do you think Akulas' V3 just lights some leds. hahaha

We ain't out of the woods, but we ain't as lost as it would seem. Let's keep our chins up and keep at it.

I'll be on my bench all day today. Hallelujah.

wattsup

Group: Elite Experimentalist

That does not look like the "flyback" mode, because absolute values of currents in |L1| & |L2| both increase at the same time.

In a "flyback" mode the absolute value of |L1|'s current should start to increase with the rising edge of the gate pulse (it does) and the absolute value of |L2|'s current should start to increase with the falling edge of the gate pulse (it doesn't).

P.S.
Increasing absolute value of a negative current, looks like a falling edge on a scope (albeit going below zero). In "flyback" mode L2's current is always negative in reference to L1's current as "seen" by your CSRs, thus leaving L2's current channel non-inverted, helps with an intuitive visualization on the scope.

Ok, thats clear.

I used your 5V circuit presented here, and it works even better then my earlier (Black_Bird) solution plus it does not interfere with the pin 3 function,  great.

I continued to build yet another transformer layout, now consisting of:

L1 = 27 turns (1 layer) AWG 18 magnet wire (across the whole former)
L2 = 81 turns (3 layers of 27 turns) AWG 18 (1mm diam) magnet wire

So keeping the 1:3 ratio

Current consumption is still the same 14V @ 10A with max (44%) duty cycle (no current limiter kicks in however).

Reducing the Duty Cycle to 30% pulls still 5A, and only when reduced to 12% its acceptable at 1A, see the both screenshots below for the currents through L1 and L2 (flyback mode)

The extra in the coils is that i have put in copper strips at the beginning of L2 (inside) and the end of L1 (outside).
Both copper tape strips are almost 1 turn, with a gap of about 3mm.

Regards Itsu

Buy me some coffee
Thanks T1000 i have uploaded the file below to store a copy
Hi there,

Here is yesterdays conference recording with Roman (akula) ,myself and the rest of people - http://webfile.ru/63bd3cd22caa0cb0343e3c0c52158678

Please save it and try to translate, it contains important information.

Cheers!

Sorry for this long post but I think there is much to cover.

@Happy

If you want I will buy your circuit, plus labor and transport costs to me. I am sorry to here you will not be talking part for now.

wattsup

@ Wottsup,

I'm afraid its too beaten-up now to be much good for experimenting; cut tracks & damaged pads etc. I have removed all the primary components and will return to this project should any developments suggest that Akula really does have something concrete to offer in the form of a self-runner. At this point in time, I'm fairly convinced he is playing games with us. Best for you to build on breadboard or strip-board for experimentation purposes as I did originally before I populated the PCB. A PCB is not a good medium for experimentation.

Hoppy

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-06, 16:18:06