PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 14:26:56
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33
Author Topic: What is Known about the TPU  (Read 442640 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Pulsing a high voltage dc over a bias dc.

This ties quite nicely into the [Shorting the coil] thread.

---------------------------

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
If the equipment was so fancy then someone mistaking mV for mA and saying that current is dissipated instead of carried/conducted probably isn't capable of running it. Were those mistakes intentional?

500VDC @ 250mA output with 5VAC @ 3A on top of it?

5VAC on top of it - the 3A will never show - unless that was another mistake or a hint.
I am sure they were intentional.

current is dissipated
And here is exactly what we wanted to hear, you see as soon as current is conducted then we loose efficiency due to losses.

But if you make enough of them fast sendoff, you get a collectible power spike that is more then the power available to begin with.
To make his words clearer for you 'current/power is radiated'/ fast sendoff

5VAC on top of it - the 3A will never show
3A does not need to show, it's already flowing through the heater.
See diagram below
The Rectified HT comes out of the heater, so we have 5VAC @3A through the heater along with rectified HT do we not?
The 5UG4 only has 4 pins, 2 heater and 2 anodes
Grumpy
Lets just concentrate on seeing SM's kicks, i have built Spherics tetra but my electronics were not fast enough, this is why i designed and built my digital mono's, i did see kicks on the donut coil though  O0
« Last Edit: 2012-04-25, 08:27:06 by Peterae »

Group: Guest
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlUY3snoWI8[/youtube]  

There is nothing astonishing if one understands what is a field.

In physics, a field is a physical quantity associated with each point of spacetime.
The magnet rotates around its axis of magnetic symmetry.  In other words, there is the same magnetic field at each point of space whatever the angular position of the magnet. Therefore the field remains the same at each point when the magnet rotates. If the field is the same at each point of space, it is foolish to expect that something would move or rotate, and surely not the magnetic field!

"Moving field" or "rotating field" don't exist as physical reality: it is just a way of speaking, meaning that the field decreases at some places and increases at others, giving the illusion of the motion of the field amplitude. This is true even when the field comes from a moving source.
Although it is possible to use this effect to move a real object, the field is exactly like a spot light projected onto a wall: the light seems to slide along the wall while it is only some places on the wall that are lit and then extinguished, and nothing is really moving along.

let's say you want to accelerate the wheel, there are certain position on the waveform you want to inject the current.  The picture below shows the waveforms if you were to inject at different position.  As you can see, which waveform would you prefer for input?  On the energy extraction, would you rather extract 10V @1A or 1V @10A .  They are the same power, but Lenz would murder you in one case.  

There are methods for energy extraction or supply, and instants of time, more favorable than others but for practical reasons, none for questions of principle. If you add or subtract a certain amount of energy in the system, there is no logical reason to think it would disappears or on the contrary be multiplied.
In a LC circuit, energy of current flowing in L, linked to the magnetic field, is exchanged with energy of the charges separation in the capacitor, linked to the electric field. It is like a pendulum exchanging kinetic and gravitational potential energy. The total energy in the oscillating system increases of the same amount as the work you add in the pendulum by increasing its potential or kinetic energy any where and at any time.

Ex, you dont know what you are talking about. Read up on Harold Aspden and his experiment. Spherics mentioned it.

The video is not related to Aspden but to Faraday. It is absurd to show an experiment perfectly according to conventional physics while suggesting exotic causes for common effects!

On the discussion about kicks and tubes...

500 v-0-500 v 300 mV plate transformer run it through a full wave silicon circuit then run it through a 5U4 electron tube rectifier.

Why is the underlined part never discussed? It is an extreme oddity.

Buy me some coffee
this can be taken in another way as well, maybe i am wrong but this has always meant to me, first try silicon diodes, then try a tube, he is getting us to compare the differing results from each case.? It does not clearly say but what would be the logic behind using the 2 in series. I think it is much more likely for us to compare both results.

Buy me some coffee
i needed to think on this a bit more, if i switch to road directions  :) turn right then go straight on looks like you maybe right, but there is no mention of diodes in the test i am doing this comes a little later, so maybe he is asking to try it with just a valve and afterwards try it with both to see what difference the silicon makes, from other things he says, maybe the diodes cause noise as well which interferes with the hash the valve creates, we know we need a certain type of hash, and i am guessing the diodes does something to the hash to destabilize it and make it useless.
Only experimentation will tell us.

First things first let's get the valve up and running  O0 and then get the experimental proof

Would you believe I never thought of it that way?

A comparison? Logical.

I suppose I jumped right on the idea of the two sets in series because I knew the silicon bridge would introduce noise. The only noise from the 5U4 would be thermal noise, far less than anything created by the silicon junctions.

So, the obvious difference would be the addition of the emission potential of the heater while using the tube to rectify.  C.C

What else is new?  :-\

I suppose I should re-run the experiment.

Buy me some coffee
Looks like i posted before you had a chance to see my 2ND post, you may still be right. O0

I think he's trying to teach us the difference between silicon hash and valve hash.

or what happens when you introduce silicon into the equation, maybe giving us some insight into what we need to know to ultimately being able to use silicon to built an equivalent semiconductor circuit.

Buy me some coffee
So, the obvious difference would be the addition of the emission potential of the heater while using the tube to rectify.  Roll Eyes

What else is new?  Undecided

I think it's much more likely that we need to try without silicon, just valve, get the hash and analyze it.

Then introduce silicon as well as the valve and see what the difference is, we know he does not like silicon because of the noise introduced so chances are it will interfere with the hash from the valve and create a non usable resulting hash.
Again we can test all this.

To do the experiment you need to first be in a position to vary the phase of the heater, are you able to do this? because this is what is needed to create the hash in the first place

Buy me some coffee
I think i can say i have seen the kick using fast rise time pulses, but this is not the same as creating kicks from a clean sinewave, hash from a clean sinewave should have a defined set of harmonics devoid of all the switching harmonics produced from a fast pulse.

He is teaching us which frequencies we need to combine to generate the kick at will. chances are they will be a set of phase aligned harmonics devoid of any other interfering harmonics.

Once we know what they are we can mix them into a coil and collect the radiated energy.

There are methods for energy extraction or supply, and instants of time, more favorable than others but for practical reasons, none for questions of principle. If you add or subtract a certain amount of energy in the system, there is no logical reason to think it would disappears or on the contrary be multiplied.
In a LC circuit, energy of current flowing in L, linked to the magnetic field, is exchanged with energy of the charges separation in the capacitor, linked to the electric field. It is like a pendulum exchanging kinetic and gravitational potential energy. The total energy in the oscillating system increases of the same amount as the work you add in the pendulum by increasing its potential or kinetic energy any where and at any time.

I don't know.  I'll have to question this.  Suppose If I have an inductor at constant current state (probably when Cap at 0 volts and current max).  I inject an additional current of the same magnitude.  KCL looks fine, but when I disconnect the injection, the energy in the coil is now 4 times its original.  Did I inject 3 times the energy more or is this impossible scenario? 

Buy me some coffee
The only noise from the 5U4 would be thermal noise
I think you missed the point here, the noise will appear in the 5U4 but only when the phase of the heaters differs from the phase of the HT, the noise or hash as SM calls it will appear, he made a point of studying it when occasionally the hash meets, it creates a kick
SM states the noise comes from the transformers themselves, it is only when the kick and hash is radiated that a net gain occurs, and we know this net gain feeds itself.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
I recommend using the easiest method to achieve the desired results, lest you never finish at all.  The easiest metod is not tubes unless you already have tubes and power supplies available.  If you use a magnetically quenched gap, then all you need is a power supply and your coil.  DS used a commutator to set the rep rate.   SCR's and avalache transistors can be setup on prototype boards (not perfect, but it does suffice for quick tests).

If you would like to see the effect that I believe was first noticed by SM, then setup a bifilar-coiled speaker, with it's magnet and delay (per spherics' directions) for one of the coils, then turn on the amp.  The amp privides a pulse at turn-on, and the coil responds with an unusually large thump, much larger than without the delay.  Hmm.  Why is it so much louder when the delay is in place?

Buy me some coffee
G  i agree a magnetically quenched spark gap will produce a radiant event, but the whole point that SM got to understand is how to create a pure radiant event, you see a spark gap has unwanted constituents as well, these mix to bring the correct harmonics off tune, we need pure ingredients to make the perfect harmonics. I will strive to create a well tuned kick even though i know the dangers.

You can throw an endless amount of energy at creating a kick, but we don't want to do this, we want to use the minimum ingredients, when we have this right we will have one massive big kick that when the radiation is collected will contain much more energy than was used to create the ingredients.

The kick is like a women, one cracked tooth and it no longer looks good  ;D

tExB=qr
Forget all the stuff about harmonics and resonance.
You do not need large amounts of energy or perfectly tunes harmonics of some unknown frequency.  Use the information that someone took great risk to provide, and you will be better for it.

BBB_AAA_correspondence 04-17-08 – how to see ether oscillation
If the steady field is from a battery you'll be able to see on the terminals of the battery.
OR
Charge a 100V cap to 50V. Cut two separate pieces of wire around 8 feet long that has good insulation. Connect one wire to one terminal and the other wire to the other terminal - no circuit!. Curl the wires up into two rough cylinders, diameter unimportant. Place near the CCU. Now pulse the coil whilst measuring the
voltage on the cap, and scoping the cap. On the scope it looks like a very short burst of sustained oscillation. voltage on cap will steadyly rise. Cut wire down to get best pulse definition.

The part about "steady field is from a battery" refers to using a separate coil around our pulsed coil and applying DC to this separate coil from a battery.   I saw a small pulse and the voltage on the battery, as viewed on a scope, increased by a couple of volts (2 to 3 volts, as I recall).  So, do not expect a significant change at the battery, to charge the battery, or light your home with this simple test.  You have to build it up to do anything with it.

To detect cold current look for a small over voltage on the batteries. It doesn't seem to cause a surge in over volts. We haven't been able to work out any method of detecting raw cold current flow other than it will light light bulbs and charge caps and batteries, which are all secondary events.

Buy me some coffee
G
I am not working on Spherics device right now i am working on SM's TPU, i am only repeating what SM says.
As far as i know you are trying to steer me down a path that has lead many to have no results? how many tried building Spherics device with no luck.
Well i would prefer to at least find out exactly what the kick is and how to create it.

Your quote only tells you how to detect the kick not how to produce it in the first place.

tExB=qr
G
I am not working on Spherics device right now i am working on SM's TPU, i am only repeating what SM says.
As far as i know you are trying to steer me down a path that has lead many to have no results? how many tried building Spherics device with no luck.
Well i would prefer to at least find out exactly what the kick is and how to create it.

Your quote only tells you how to detect the kick not how to produce it in the first place.

The only person who semi-publicly completed an AVEC and shared results was Roberto.  Look at what he actually did, the voltage levels he used, and it appears he did not achieve the 1000v drop requirement, which negates the possibility of an RE effect..  No one has ever shown that the AVEC does not work as designed by Spherics.  All we have is opinions and assumptions.

I have already posted what Tesla, DS, SM, and myself have used to see kicks (the RE Effect).

Peterae,

I have the means to vary phase relationship between the heater and plate supplies. I have a small variable frequency drive powering a vacuum cleaner motor. The motor had a generator output winding. I rewound that output winding some years ago to give me higher current with lower voltage.

The speed control isn't as good as an FG so I'll be ready to provide better control.

I have what I need from the other tests to try different scenarios.

SM was correct about phasing of the heater. Problems are fewer when the center-tapped 2.5-0-2.5 winding is used. There were still fewer problems when each leg of the heater had a bypass capacitor between it and B- (cathode-plate negative side or chassis ground). Phasing remained a potential problem until an isolated cathode was used. Now that I think about it, that was probably the main purpose of isolating the cathode - less coupling for the heater to the main current path.

The Spherics discussion isn't my bag. I wasted more money and time on that than most of my projects.

I can't disagree with 'The RE Effect' as I know energy is indeed radiated outward from a conductor during a very fast turn-on. I have succeeded in charging metal objects and easily penetrating the best of Faraday cages. I'm not talking about cages made from chicken wire in someones basement, either.

It is all real. What isn't real are practically all claims of generating the effect that I've read. It isn't magic. It just isn't conventional. I've learned a lot from it but paid the price by destroying my most valued equipment that wasn't even plugged into power or connected to the experiments.

Please, no advice on protecting equipment. I know more about that than most.

There seem to be a few interpretations of what a kick is, and that's because of the context in which it was mentioned.

1) the rectifier tube and filament breaking from the kick discussion seems the most clear to me, and it clearly denotes the kick as being a physical jerk of the wire due to high inrush curent producing a force in the presence of a magnetic field, whether it comes from the earth, a magnet, or the one generated by the current itself.

2) the discussion about the hash noise that occasionally combines to produce a big kick is also spot on but it describes HOW the strong current pulse can be generated differently than just flipping a switch, like described in point #1 above. However, the kick should not be confused with the current that causes it. I would encourage referring to the current spike as an impulse. So, the current impulse in the presence of a magnetic field produces the physical kick, but it's not the kick.  The TPUs do not work when the magnet is removed, so it's vitally important to understand this subtle difference between cause and effect.

3) there's some other references like talking about tesla, etc, and each needs to be scrutinized too see if it's talking about the current or the result of the current.  In my opinion there are many ways to create sharp rise time current waveforms, and of high levels too, so we should keep this in our minds as we read SM letters.

I'll leave you guys with one admonition, ignore the physical movement aspect, or the kick, and you will not succeed.  If you leave it out you will still have fun building tesla coils etc, but it will not be a TPU with it's gyroscopic properties and power conversion capability.

Respectfully,

EM

Hello,

I do not know much about the TPU threads or what has been discussed. But I thought I would share some information which may be of use.  This stands IF the TPU is an antenna of sorts.

Imagine a metal sphere, as a free space capacity, acting as an antenna. Its surface area (capacity) dictates its coupling to the environment. A 1 volt change in potential in the surrounding environment creates a 1 volt disturbance
in the sphere which is referenced to ground. Now if this sphere were charged to a high voltage, the surrounding field "reaches out" and interacts with the environment to a greater degree. For example, if you have the sphere charged to 64 volts, then take a probe at 2 times the radius, you will find on a 16 volt potential (law of inverse squares). If you double your radius again you will feel 4 volts, and again you will feel 1 volt. you now have a sphere of potential with a radius 8 times larger than the metal sphere, with a potential of 1 volt. If there is a 1 volt change in the environment, per the law of inverse squares the sphere in the center (charged to 64) will feel a 64 volt change. It is as if we have drastically increased the surface area of our antenna, and its ability to couple to the environment.

Lesson to take from this example, a charged object, (either electric or magnetic) couples to the environment better than a non charged item.

How do we create a field, which interacts well with our environment?

One way to do it would be to create a ring circuit.

Imagine a toroidal coil, and treat it as a transmission line, so it is a continuous loop. If we hook a single wire up to any point on it, and excite it at a harmonic of the fundamental, we will set our coil into resonance. The single point excitation will propagate around the coil in two separate directions, one left hand wise of our input point, and one right hand. This is a standard resonant mode in such a coil, two waves propagating in two directions, the summation of which is our standing wave. The problem with this setup is the polarity constantly changes. Above the coil you will have a positive potential, beneath a negative, and these will alternate polarity per your frequency. Also your magnetic field will alternate its direction in the same way.

There is a way however to get the wave to propagate in one direction only around the coil, making it a one way transmission line. The wave will travel circularly around the coil in ONE direction only. This is done through directional coupling, or 1/4 wave interference. Excite the ring circuit at TWO spaces separated by 1/4 wave. All wave components traveling one way will cancel, and all wave components traveling in the opposite direction will double. You now have a unidirectional wave propagating around our toroidal circuit. You can using this method create standing waves which will grow until the physical properties of the coil break down causing destruction. (this would be a parametric approach to excite the coil) This is how "diodes" are made in microwave and RF engineering to get unidirectional wave propagation. These ring circuits were once used in industry to test very high power components, when you did not have access to a very high power, power supply.

If a person were to use a ceramic core, which had either piezoelectric or magnetostrictive properties, we will note that a mechanical resonance will also be set up in the core of our toroid. If we can match the frequency of the transmission line to the acoustic mechanical resonant frequency of the core we would be playing with a very interesting device. We are causing a unidirectional spinning field around a toroid, with an accompanied acoustic unidirectional wave. Gyroscopic effects may apply.

http://www.energeticforum.com/187349-post3877.html
http://www.google.com/patents?id=I-OsAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract#v=onepage&q&f=false

:)

tExB=qr
I can't disagree with 'The RE Effect' as I know energy is indeed radiated outward from a conductor during a very fast turn-on. I have succeeded in charging metal objects and easily penetrating the best of Faraday cages. I'm not talking about cages made from chicken wire in someones basement, either.

It is all real. What isn't real are practically all claims of generating the effect that I've read. It isn't magic. It just isn't conventional. I've learned a lot from it but paid the price by destroying my most valued equipment that wasn't even plugged into power or connected to the experiments.

Ah, you have seen it!

tExB=qr
Let's talk about the "kick":

From SM:

Lets talk about the 'kick.'
When the old Edison DC generators were turned on, back in the day, they released this 'kick' and killed many workers in the process.

A man by the name of Tesla had seen this.
He wondered how and why this 'kick' would occur.
So he experimented with wire and disruptive discharges from capacitors.
It was found by him that this kick could be made so powerful that it could explode wires instantly.
This kick came out of the wires perpendicularly.
He discharged capacitors into stout wire and through a spark gap.
The key to the kick's strength and appearance was in how fast Tesla discharged the capacitors into the spark gap AND how fast Tesla STOPPED the flow of current AT the spark gap.
Tesla used all types of devices to stop this flow of current, magnets, a flame, counter-rotating engines.
His goals were to get the time in which the discharge is STOPPED to be much quicker.
As Tesla did this he found that the perpendicular radiations, the ones from the wires, caused electrical effects to appear in wires and other copper/metal materials near the STOPPED current/discharge.
These electrical effects could be made to create electrons on other wires and copper around his STOPPED current/discharge wire.

From Spherics:

---->>>The initial ether responce is Tesla's radiant energy.<<<----

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 14:26:56