PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-18, 22:11:19
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: soild state tesla  (Read 3788 times)
Group: Guest
thought this was kool so i will post it..  i had no idea the spark would jump over 4 inches.. but it got me

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WTz9--gVTQ[/youtube]

and here is a schematic..

Hi kooler,

For a bigger spark, utilise 2 car ignition coils wired in parallell but connect the primary terminals in opposition.
the spark jumps nearly a foot if you can properly insulate all the primary windings. When it gets you its not that forgiving. You shout at it though lol.
I made this several years ago but powered the primaries with 600 volts through an SCR discharging around 2 uf of capacitance. I expected a 6 inch arc and got double that ... I was a little too close .. but you know the rest lol.

Steve.

Group: Guest
yea i was just trying to fine tune this 9 volt circuit for another project.. i use scr and sidac's most of the time.. but there is alot of losses in the scr and sidac
i was just blown away that i got this spark this big and i am not even close to drawing a amp from the 9 volt..   but if i use the scr the spark in only half as long..
but i will keep topic updated as i move along..

robbie

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-18, 22:11:19