PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-02, 10:29:48
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Power Meter identification  (Read 13267 times)
Group: Guest
Does anyone know the exact make and model of this power meter that Nelson Rocha is using in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtRv6PneNs

Note especially the last appearance of the "overload" message and the "0 Watts" indication towards the end of the video at about 8:10 --
while the vacuum cleaner is plugged directly into the meter and _not_ through the "white box". 

I think this video shows not an "electron trap" but rather a "sucker trap".

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
I think I have seen this type in Aldi over here in Spain, sorry no name or model, I nearly bought one, maybe I should have ;)

Regards

Mike 8)

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

I think this video shows not an "electron trap" but rather a "sucker trap".

Yes ;)

I say forget about meters!... add a 1 or 2 Amp fuse to the line cord (per box) and if he can still power the vacuum without the fuse blowing, then it would be a device to seriously consider.

Luc

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
« Last Edit: 2017-08-13, 22:29:36 by Peterae »

Group: Guest
Thanks for that link to the manual.  Reading the manual, I can't quite tell if I've misinterpreted the "overload" messages that appear in the video, or not. Nevertheless it's clear from the experiences of others that meters of that general type are very easy to fool.

Luc's suggested fuse test would not be so easy to fool, though. Will we see such a test performed?

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Hi Tk

It looks like the overload function is settable for either Amps or Watts and can be set to a user value, if the measured Amps or Watts exceeds the set value then Overload will flash on the screen, maybe if the overload mode is set then overload will not flash if the value is not exceeded but remain constant to say it is in Overload Alarm mode.

Regards
Peter

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-02, 10:29:48