PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-06, 14:40:02
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33
Author Topic: What is Known about the TPU  (Read 442673 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
When you switch the circuit "on", the current, or what we call current, flows outside the conductor.  The electrons do not start to drift until they have aligned to the potential, which takes a few ns, and even then not all of them drift instantly.

Before the drift starts the static potential would be very high. This shows up on the scope as a tall and very sharp spike.

Also instead of a perpendicular primary the primary could be wound as a parallel collar. The sharp spike would simulate a spark gap discharge albeit low power transfer but very fast kinetic power. The Secondary would be very high impedance to this kinetic impulse.
So I see all this happens before conduction reaches a static level after the conduction ramp up.
The coils [would act naturally] and we get a [new type of induction].

---------------------------

Group: Guest
The test SM suggests with the rectifier valve and out of phase heater must have been tried by some? Mannix must have tried this
It's the main thing to confirm the kick surely.

I wonder if this simulates in spice

It will if you program it to do so. I think the filament energy is only a small thing simply because we calculate it using the energy applied minus the energy radiated in heat. Particular folks would consider the charge (shooting pin-pong balls or electrons, make your choice) leaving the anode to balance out with the cathode as part of that heat loss. I don't think it is.

I've performed the tests. The 5u4 wasn't used to rectify. It was used as the subject. The upstream rectifiers mentioned performed the rectification.

Nothing interesting happens unless the filament supply transformer is separate from the plate supply transformer. If you use the plate and heater windings from the same transformer the worst you can have is 180 deg. out. That does nothing interesting.

Run the plate transformer off of mains and the filament transformer off of a controllable frequency source not synchronized with mains and don't use the tube as a rectifier..

That is my take on it and I'm still not sure what SM meant by 'kick'.

It will if you program it to do so. I think the filament energy is only a small thing simply because we calculate it using the energy applied minus the energy radiated in heat. Particular folks would consider the charge (shooting pin-pong balls or electrons, make your choice) leaving the anode to balance out with the cathode as part of that heat loss. I don't think it is.

I've performed the tests. The 5u4 wasn't used to rectify. It was used as the subject. The upstream rectifiers mentioned performed the rectification.

Nothing interesting happens unless the filament supply transformer is separate from the plate supply transformer. If you use the plate and heater windings from the same transformer the worst you can have is 180 deg. out. That does nothing interesting.

Run the plate transformer off of mains and the filament transformer off of a controllable frequency source not synchronized with mains and don't use the tube as a rectifier..

That is my take on it and I'm still not sure what SM meant by 'kick'.

He has been on about this for 6 years ...
Buy a geiger counter

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
this must be what it is like when sailors in the Philadelphia Experiment were stuck in the flow.

The initial change in energy is the aether redistributing.  You can see kicks all day long with hv and a magnet.  For an instant you are magnifying the permeability, scaling the magnetic field, making it stronger.

You don't need tubes to see it, just hv and dc bias.  It ain't rocket science!

I'm glad to see this TPU discussion going.  Ive been very sick and stressed out lately but I want to comment on the heat buildup, which stops the operation of the TPU by changing the dimensions of the coils due to thermal expansion, and so the TPU detunes.  Remember it has a high Q, and it's tuned slightly off frequency ON THE LOW SIDE, because the detunning lowers the frequency and we don't want a thermal runaway device that will melt.

EM

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
WW interesting, i will indeed drive the heater transformer with a sine generator circuit which will be phase adjustable, but it will be phase locked to the mains that drives the plate transformer at first.

EM Sorry to hear about your health, Stress is very difficult to avoid these days, specially when the candles are burnt both ends on OU research and trying to maintain normall family life.

So did gridbias do the experiment with the valve rectifier?
Geiger Counter oh no not another box to buy  :(

WW interesting, i will indeed drive the heater transformer with a sine generator circuit which will be phase adjustable, but it will be phase locked to the mains that drives the plate transformer at first.

EM Sorry to hear about your health, Stress is very difficult to avoid these days, specially when the candles are burnt both ends on OU research and trying to maintain normall family life.

So did gridbias do the experiment with the valve rectifier?
Geiger Counter oh no not another box to buy  :(

Or ..you could use a some kind of amplifier.

Or ..you could use a some kind of amplifier.

Or....

He could just perform the experiment as close to the original description as possible.

I have a geiger counter. It said nothing during the experiment. Likewise, using the GM tube in place of the 5U4 showed nothing extraordinary, except that the GM tube still works  O0

Buy me some coffee
I would not think the valve type is critical or the ht transformer voltage, but i could be wrong.

tExB=qr
and here we go again...

I think the valve type is important.

Note the cathode differences. I believe only 'A' or 'B' can show the intended results, whatever those are.

If anyone has a means to show a 'kick' that could be part of the TPU function, please do so.

tExB=qr
If anyone has a means to show a 'kick' that could be part of the TPU function, please do so.

Do we all agree on what constitutes a "kick"?

Spherics said that the pulse created by the interaction of the bifilar coils when both are pulsed and one is delayed, is the "kick":

Steven Mark created his own delay elements using iron wire after several years of intermittent experimentation. The technique was to carefully wrap a bifilar air-coil using copper wire. The longer the length of copper the better but using identical lengths. The two coils were connected to the SAME pulse waveforms in parallel so that the magnetic field is additive NOT canceling. The delay element was added in series to only one of the coils that made up the bifilar coil. The delay coil was made from insulated iron wire wound into an air coil. An oscilloscope was connected to both COPPER coils. The setup would be pulsed with a DC offset square wave (i.e. 0 to 20V not -10 to 10V) at the resonant frequency of the bifilar coils. The tuning consisted of cutting the iron wire down in length until an unexpected pulse/signal appeared. This pulse is the kick. I will refer to these tuned bifilar coils as kick coils.

SM mentioned the kick occuring in a tube when it is first turned on:

If you look in Morgan Jones book, Valve Amplifiers, 3rd edition, on page 262 he says,The inrush of current through the filament interacts with the earth's magnetic field to produce a small kick.

Buy me some coffee
WW that's interesting i see what you are saying about the valve types.
I was hoping to use a low power and low heater current version, mainly to ease the design of the heater driver circuit.
Here's 2 pictures of the 2 different tubes that SM suggests

Buy me some coffee
and here are the 2 choices i was going to try, I was trying to take the cheaper route

tExB=qr
Do both tubes spike when first turned on?  I have read that the 5U4 does.

Buy me some coffee
I am pretty sure all valves do this, i can certainly remember seeing this on more than one occasion when working on valve TVs many years ago

I also believe that some bulbs can exhibit the same tug.

tExB=qr
I am pretty sure all valves do this, i can certainly remember seeing this on more than one occasion when working on valve TVs many years ago

I also believe that some bulbs can exhibit the same tug.

Maybe that is why SM recommended tubes and spoke of the kick when they are first turned on.

Tesla also noticed a strange surging energy moving along wires when DC dynamos were first turned on.

Buy me some coffee
The tug of the valve filament caused by inrush current is quiet slow, i mean you can see the tug pull and then let go, it's a phenomenon that seems to last ages in the world of hash/harmonics etc, but he does say that once in a while the hash creates a big kick, so the question to be answered is how can random hash sometimes create a big kick, I think SM gave us the valve rectifier information to lead us to this answer.

tExB=qr
Peter

Do you have or can you hash together a HV Pulser?   
Pulse a large air-core inductor and hold a magnet near it.  The magnet will tug and move violently.

Do you have a HV supply (any DC type will do)?
Connect one of the terminals to a magnet and the magnetic field will appear to increase in magnitude.  Francis Nipher discovered this and concluded that the permeability of the air (or space) around the magnet was increased when either terminal was connected to the magnet.

What is a magnet? a means to polarize and increase the permeability of space!

What is a dielectric, but a means to increase the permittivity of space!

Buy me some coffee
Do you have a HV supply (any DC type will do)?
Connect one of the terminals to a magnet and the magnetic field will appear to increase in magnitude.  Francis Nipher discovered this and concluded that the permeability of the air (or space) around the magnet was increased when either terminal was connected to the magnet.

I have the equipment at work to do this one, and thanks to Romero i can monitor the field strength using a hall sensor but it's a bit off topic for this thread
and i am just off home

Buy me some coffee
Your first experiment i have done with 25V but using delayed pulses
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8GgiEeH1W4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehl2bW_Dpg[/youtube]

The delayed pulses allow this to happen at low voltage, with a single pulse controller it is not possible to do the 2 above experiments without very high current, and in the first video even high current would not work because of the very thin wire would just burn out.

Ah dam i just remembered you cannot see videos, oh well

tExB=qr
I can see vids at home now, but not at work.

I consider the two different experiments related, but making the region of increased permeability "move" can't be accomplished with static fields as they are homogenous.  If I had a homoplar motor, I'd connect hv to the magnet to see if the output changes.  Would be interesting if it increased.

So, what do you think of the pusles interacting with the magnet (first experiment)?

Provided the Lorentz force action seen when applying current to a wire (current to a tube heater) is crucial, the 5U4-GB would be more likely to have more action. The reason is that the heater filament is helical and isn't physically well supported. (I found that the GB version may come with thoriated tungsten oxides as a filament coating. This may be required or not. I don't know.)

The 5AR4 also has this problem but the heater is inside the cathode sleeve.

Provided the tube in-use has a poorly supported heater filament it should be similar. I would imagine using a tube with an isolated cathode would only require connecting the cathode to one side of the heater filament to make it more similar to the tubes above.

G,

I know what you're saying related to high voltage, applying electric charge to a magnet, etc. are true. I have confirmed such myself. I just haven't been able to fit the idea into a TPU theory.

The delay effects are also confirmed on my bench. I have the impression it is like shooting one bullet after another into ballistic gelatin. The first makes way for the second and the velocity of the second is so fast it destroys the first.

.... but making the region of increased permeability "move" can't be accomplished with static fields as they are homogenous

This thought will crash most ideas and I find it incorrect.

Static fields are just vector measurements of variations in one singular medium which is the stuff that makes up all fields of a type and perhaps all types. If this wasn't true a compass would not work. Adding a magnet to a ferrous cored coil has definite and undeniable effects upon the properties of the coil. Bringing a magnet near an air-cored coil while current is pulsed into that coil causes the conductors to move farther and with more force.

Using FEMM just increase the surrounding plotted space. You will see that any good FEMM program will link the so-called 'magnet's field' to any nearest magnetic field and continue to connect filed lines to the planet's poles and those to the Sun and beyond. A magnet just focuses flux no different than a lens focuses light. It isn't the source of whatever it is focusing. It is just the source of that mathematical construct we call a field.

If you use the compression effect between pulses of different velocities you create a third pulse of the same polarity as the colliding pulses but with much higher amplitude. Should this stronger resultant pulse be in a static magnetic field the motion and force of movement is multiplied magnitudes higher than either of the generated pulses.

It cannot be denied that a TPU was connected to the Earth's magnetic field. That doesn't mean it was powered by the planet's field.

tExB=qr
How is my statement incorrect?  To induce change, something has to change.  You cannot induce a current from a static magnetic field.  You ahev to move it or change it's magnitude.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-06, 14:40:02