PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 11:42:58
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Cold Fusion" is back!  (Read 3144 times)

Group: Tinkerer

Some new developments in the research of Cold Fusion:

http://www.dailypioneer.com/nation/cold-fusion-to-power-households.html

Russian News Report

Fascinating Interview with the late Eugene Mallove

Thankfully, the research has continued and new discoveries
have been made.

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Professor

Some new developments in the research of Cold Fusion:

http://www.dailypioneer.com/nation/cold-fusion-to-power-households.html

snip

Thankfully, the research has continued and new discoveries
have been made.
Quoting from above ref (interesting):

‘COLD FUSION’ TO POWER HOUSEHOLDS
Monday, 26 March 2018 | PNS | Chennai

A gadget of the size of a portable generator could fuel the entire energy requirements of an average household at unbelievably low rates soon. Courtesy- cold fusion, which created a sensation the world over in late 1980s. The technology is back with a bang and Japanese researchers have successfully proved that process is here to stay and the world is set to witness a revolution in energy generation.

When two scientists of the University of Utah proposed in March 1989 that it was possible to generate power in room temperature without threats of radiation or pollution, the scientific community guffawed.

Conventional scientists had total scorn towards the claim of the proponents of the cold fusion - Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons, even as hundreds of scientists across the world replicated their experiment. They had told the world that electrolysis of heavy water led to release of excess heat at room temperature. This experiment was replicated with success the same year at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay. The then Director of BARC, P K Iyengar PK Iyengar and Director of the elite Physics Group Mahadevan Srinivasan were successful in generating surplus heat energy at room temperature by the same experiment which was reported by international media.

Since there was opposition from conventional scientists, Iyengar and Srinivasan could not sustain the momentum and Cold fusion was put in the back burner by scientists.

Still, there were some physicists like Srinivasan, who believed that there should be light at the end of the tunnel. The billion dollar question was how the excess heat was generated at room temperature and that too, without the release of radio active by-products.

“There should be a scientific reason behind the generation of heat energy during such experiments. Let them explain it,” the then chief of Indira Gandhi Atomic Research Centre at Kalpakkam, Late Dr Baldev Raj had told this reporter when asked why the Department of Atomic Energy was not enthusiastic about the cold fusion project which has since been renamed as Low Energy Nuclear Reaction.

After 30 years, Japanese scientists have come out with reports that substantiate observations made during the cold fusion experiments. A research group including scientists of Toyota, Nissan Motor, Universities of Tohoku, Kobe, Kyushu and  Nagoya have found that heat energy was released at room temperature. Professor Emeritus Akito Takahashi, who led the teams has an answer for questions raised by scientists like late Dr Raj. “It could be multi-body fusion occurring at an extremely small space,” said he.

Eminent cardiologist Dr B M Hegde has already pointed out that transmutation of potassium to sodium happening in human body is akin to release of heat energy during cold fusion. The research group expects that it was possible to generate 1 kilowatt of heat, which is two orders of magnitude larger than the present reactions, by improving the structure of the sample, increasing the amount reactant, devising changes to the temperature conditions. The attempt to develop a cold fusion reactor has resumed in India thanks to the efforts of Srinivasan. The BARC is in the forefront along with Swamy Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-Vyas) in making this dream machine a reality.  “I may not be able to give the exact date on which the cold fusion reactor would materialise. But it is around the corner,” said Dr Srinivasan.

Group: Experimentalist

Back again :
Production of fluorine from water in a pressurized air container, subjected to a DC + AC electric pulse + magnetic field:
https://arxiv.org/abs/2202.03744
Energy would also be produced, but the experiment focused on fluorine and its detection.

The experiment would be easily and perfectly reproducible, but certainly not with the data of this paper which does not describe anything in an operational way (we do not even have the frequency of the AC current). Reality or scam ?

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Back again :
Production of fluorine from water in a pressurized air container, subjected to a DC + AC electric pulse + magnetic field:
https://arxiv.org/abs/2202.03744
Energy would also be produced, but the experiment focused on fluorine and its detection.

The experiment would be easily and perfectly reproducible, but certainly not with the data of this paper which does not describe anything in an operational way (we do not even have the frequency of the AC current). Reality or scam ?

Very strange that a scientific paper would not describe the experiment such that it could be tested by another scientist, especially this late in the game.

Do you know how to set up the experimental apparatus?  (PS - thanks for posting, I like this approach generally.)

@PhysicsProf

I saw that the same paper is available on researchgate, where we could engage in a discussion on the topic with one of the authors (Daniel Mark Sedgwick), but I don't have an account nor can I get one  >:( :
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358458522_Experiments_demonstrating_the_creation_of_elements_via_pulsed_electric_field_in_water_and_deuterated_water_application_to_the_production_of_fluorine

F6FLT,

This paper is public on Research Gate.

regards,
Pm

F6FLT,

regards,
Pm

Thanks.  Reading it, hit this:

"The reactor is activated and controlled via an electrical circuit containing a plurality of electrodes, capacitors and inductors, as shown in Figure 2, in a self-contained case. By means of this circuit electric discharges are produced in the reaction chamber at high operating frequency, using two voltage supplies, a DC supply at 2000V and a second AC supply which starts at 40,000V. Electric power is also supplied to the solenoid coil surrounding the reactor chamber which is in series with the electrodes contributing to the total inductance of the circuit."\\

2000V DC supply, and 40,000V AC supply --  no thanks.  I'm working with something less  dangerous (and less expensive)..

F6FLT,

regards,
Pm

That's what I said just above with the link  :) and we already had it at the other link I passed on arXiv where everything is downloadable.
Research Gate is also free to download in general, but it is interesting for open discussions with authors of studies. In this case it requires an account that can be obtained only if you belong to a scientific institution, which is not my case.

For this particular paper there is too much missing information to duplicate the experiment (frequency? current ? coil size ?...)

That's what I said just above with the link  :) and we already had it at the other link I passed on arXiv where everything is downloadable.
Research Gate is also free to download in general, but it is interesting for open discussions with authors of studies. In this case it requires an account that can be obtained only if you belong to a scientific institution, which is not my case.

For this particular paper there is too much missing information to duplicate the experiment (frequency? current ? coil size ?...)

Oops, sorry!  Did not pay attention with due diligence!  :-[

Pm

Oops, sorry!  Did not pay attention with due diligence!  :-[

Pm

No problem, Partzman, I too am often distracted...   ;)

2000V DC supply, and 40,000V AC supply --  no thanks.  I'm working with something less  dangerous (and less expensive)..
This is not necessarily dangerous, question of current.
I have a 50 KV power supply, 3 mA max. I already used it for tests of lifters and plasma oscillators.
Even if 3 mA seems small, it still gives us 150 W. But 3 mA in the body does not create any risk.
The differential circuit breakers in houses cut at much more (30 mA in France and probably in Europe).

It is only dangerous for the electronics around. I once burned out an oscilloscope input, while the probe was not connected to anything but the scope. Static charges were floating in the air...

https://youtu.be/6VFJuIpHckY?si=sow8MMS1A8TTpJHN

This neefs to be seen by everyone !

Regards, Stefan.

https://youtu.be/6VFJuIpHckY?si=sow8MMS1A8TTpJHN

This neefs to be seen by everyone !

Regards, Stefan.

Hi Stefan,

Good to see you here and still active in this field. I respect what you have done for the FE/OU community all those years.

A while ago I proposed an idea on an astrophysics community. The idea was, what if fusion does not require extreme heat, what if fusion requires extreme cold, the complete opposite of what "scientists" tell us. The idea was that depending on the Lifecyle of a star, it had a stone cold core of pure neutrons, as fusion beyond iron starts to rob heat rather than emit it. And that in fact the most energetic part of the star was its surface were fusion couldn't be possible. And why we find the lightest elements there, not its core where there is so little energy present that even electrons and protons could be brought with little together to fuse in higher elements untill you end up with a ball of neutrons and finnally a neutron star.

We see this all around us in nature, the surface of matter is where all the energetic party happens, electrons whizzing around protons, the sun and its glorious sun shine, the earth that holds most of its life on the very tiny top of its surface. The largest energy state is always on the surface I mean how more obvious can it get in quantum mechanics where the higher orbital electrons are the most energetic ones compared to the inner lower orbitals.

Oh well, I was laughed at, scoffed at and ridiculed obviously. However this seems to confirm that idea I had.

Perhaps someday we will be compressing super cold elements in order to fuse them rather than do the moronic thing and energize them beyond reason to then push them together. Heat expands things cold brings them together, a concept even an animal can understand during the different seasons of the year, but only time will tell when the smart science people will figure it out.

However, I also dont like the overload of mystic that is attached to this THOR thing, if you cant explain it to a child and need to use biblical references then you are starting off with a handicap. Allow others to replicate the findings first, then you can start to talk about the voices in the sky.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 11:42:58