PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-05, 18:38:35
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: The TPU: Was It Real ?  (Read 256241 times)

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
ION
As a TV engineer i worked with an Older guy he was an expert on the early TVs and always worked on the valve sets, although i did work on Valve sets my knowledge was limited and can remember very little, i was mostly working on the early hybrids and solid state sets from early 80's up until above 7 years ago, i had a few years out of it here and there, working for xxxxxx and the film industry  :)

God it seems like a life ago that i was setting up the convergence coils/pots on the early Thorn\TCE 3500 series and others, very few would appreciate the skill in setting up purity and convergence  8)
« Last Edit: 2011-12-29, 07:14:12 by Peterae »

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
EM

I have no argument with the fact that power can be transmitted over short distances with a high power transmitter and tuned high Q receiver. This is common sense, it is standard radio engineering theory, plus it was demonstrated by Tesla, Marconi, Hertz and others over one hundred years ago.

Most HAMS played around with doing this stuff for kicks,lighting lamps at a distance, and when people like MIT make it out to be something new and big and wonderful, those skilled in radio art sit back and have a good belly laugh.

This is not the argument and you do yourself a disservice by your insistence that it is.

Your experiments are well and good, but can you achieve results with the broadband noise of a power line as a source? Doing it at a single frequency with high Q transmitter tank and high Q receiver loop is easy stuff.

As a scientist I would ask how much radiated power and in what frequencies bands or spectra is available and at what distance from the power lines around SM's home?

When you can answer that question with real data, I will take your theory more seriously.

Meanwhile, anyone can set up a couple of high Q tank circuits and transmit power over short distances. This is a no brainer.

Considering the inverse square law, a spherical radiation pattern (not  beamed power) how much loss do you calculate from a setup like that over say 20 meters? How much power is required in the transmitter loop to supply a kilowatt 20 meters distant?

The noise from power lines is broadband, very low in power, is damped by all the resistive loads, and cannot possibly deliver a kilowatt at 20 meters or we would all be fried like chicken from it.

So I repeat, give me the power and frequency spectra of the SM powerlines at a distance of 20 meters.

Then maybe I can change my mind.

Where I live we have high power lines from the Limerick Nuclear plant passing right over a local park. There are bleachers for the ballfield nearly directly under the power lines. The bleachers are grounded because of a slight static charge that builds on them from the powerlines. No one is fried when they watch a game. I have been there with equipment and have not measured anything beyond millivolts AC or DC.

We agree to disagree as gentlemen I hope.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-07, 21:52:43 by ION »

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
Ok,
Can we get back on track to the real meat?
Instead of looking at large devices to small power output, rotate that picture.
Like Grumpy posted about the 800v @ 10amps. Feast your minds on the SM17. The power output to device mass is phenominal!
The link in my signature to Purco ftp has alot of TPU items.
So what would such a light set of windings perform as we have seen in the vids?

Group: Guest
I have a TPU related observation. There may be different opinions of the importance and relevance but here it is:

On all 'current' demonstrations of incandescent bulbs being lit by the 'new' wireless power transmission (of those I've seen) one thing is common. The bulb lights very slowly in the beginning but changes brightness rather quickly when the demonstrations show distances and angles from the transmitter.

I believe the initial slow increase in brightness is due to the bulb resistance being an important part of the tuning of the overall receiver circuit.

I don't recall that action on the TPU videos.

If this is true then a TPU is not so dependent upon the load for operation or 'tuning'.

Comments?

P.S.

ION isn't kidding about Hams being old-hat at the so-called new wireless power transmission. I've used a 15W 120v bulb on a wire loop hanging on the fence about a hundred feet away as a field strength indicator.

Yes, that was primarily the magnetic side of the signal.

@ ION
We agree to disagree as gentlemen I hope.

Oh yes, absolutely, I wouldn't have it any other way.

As a scientist I would ask how much radiated power and in what frequencies bands or spectra is available and at what distance from the power lines around SM's home?  When you can answer that question with real data, I will take your theory more seriously.

I assumed you saw my postings and calculations I posted a few times in the past? I guess not,  but no problem, I can do it again.

Considering the inverse square law, a spherical radiation pattern (not  beamed power) how much loss do you calculate from a setup like that over say 20 meters? How much power is required in the transmitter loop to supply a kilowatt 20 meters distant?

First of all, I'm not concerned with losses in the "transmitter" when the transmitter is the power lines, I don't have any control over that as an energy harvester.  I’m just concerned with the fields I sense at my location, regardless of where they come from.   But I know where they come from and that’s what seems to be the problem here.     Second of all, we are not dealing with RADIATION and the INVERSE SQUARE LAW, that only applies in the FAR FIELD, that's RF stuff.  What we are dealing with is near field coupling via the magnetic fields, as opposed to electric fields like Tesla wanted.

The noise from power lines is broadband, very low in power, is damped by all the resistive loads, and cannot possibly deliver a kilowatt at 20 meters or we would all be fried like chicken from it.

First of all:    I agree, the Magnetic fields we experience without a RESONATOR present are weak fields.   When we bring a RESONATOR into the field, THAN the fields build up to high levels.   The build up in the reactive fields is what ENABLES a LARGER POWER TRANSFER AND COUPLING TO THE SOURCE.   This is what I was trying to explain to ltesung888, about his sound resonator experiments, it's very similar.  
Second of all:   The reason we are not fried like chicken, is because we are utilizing the MAGNETIC FIELD. It is however possible to resonate and receive the electric field like Tesla wanted.  But that's a no no, very dangerous.  Magnetic fields are better because at low frequencies they are not easily shielded by conductors because the skin depth is larger with lower frequency, but ferromagnetic shields will do the trick.

So I repeat, give me the power and frequency spectra of the SM power lines at a distance of 20 meters.     Then maybe I can change my mind.

I provided the spectra and the field strengths and calculations but you must have missed it but I can do it again.  

Where I live we have high power lines from the Limerick Nuclear plant passing right over a local park. There are bleachers for the ball field nearly directly under the power lines. The bleachers are grounded because of a slight static charge that builds on them from the power lines. No one is fried when they watch a game. I have been there with equipment and have not measured anything beyond millivolts AC or DC.

Yes, the levels are small, but when amplified with a high Q receiver, those levels can build up to high levels like I show below.   That's what I'm trying to tell you guys.   That's the beauty of high Q resonators, if there is a field present from whatever source, we can couple to it and receive it’s energy.  But the energy source at 5 kHz or 6 kHz is not from some unknown place, AS I FOUND OUT.   It’s coming from the power lines like I showed you guys in the past.  It’s the power line harmonics from switching equipment, or maybe something that coupled to the power lines and flows on them, but the reality is that it’s there and SM is tapping into it.   This point is really not debatable, if he is telling the truth when he said 5 or 6 kHz and I can see that frequency on the spectrum taken at the mansion from the power lines, its obvious and I know and draw the conclusion that it is due to the power lines.  I’m not sure what other conclusion I can draw?   What are your suggestions?  Steven even says he’s TPU is a receiver and is tuned to a magnetic frequency and "converting" it's energy, are we not going to believe him?   Just think about it and let it sink in, that's all I can say.

Ok, just for you ION:   Let me do this again, I want to show you some sample calculations to build up your confidence.  I will first calculate the magnetic field density at a distance from a current carrying wire or power line, than deal with the Receiver and assume a certain Q that I suspect is being used by SM.

TRANSMITER

Assume a current on an infinite wire as an approximation, since we assume we are relatively close to a long power line.  Than, the magnetic field density B, at a distance R, is given by:

B = (4 pi 1e-7)  I / (2 pi R)

Assuming the current, I = 100 amps (which is conservative for a power line), at 20 meters away we get close to 10 micro Teslas.   Sounds very small right?  But hold on there is more, let’s look at the receiver now.

RECEIVER

If the frequency is 5.5 kHz let’s say, we can calculate how much voltage is induced into an OPEN CIRCUIT loop.  After we calculate this, we will than assume we can tune the loop with a capacitor and make it resonant, and we'll assume a Q = 100, for starters.   However, I suspect the TPUs are using acoustic vibration as the resonator mechanism and as such these have Q factors in the 10 000 range.  

Here we go:   This is the equation we’ll use to calculate the induced voltage due to a change in the magnetic flux  phi = B x Area of loop.   For simplicity we’ll assume Area =1 m^2 , and the number of turns in the loop N=10.

V = -N dphi/dt = - 10 * d B/dt,

If we are only interested in one particular frequency, or sinusoid, that we'll tune into, than the magnetic field density as a function of time is described by B =  B_amp x sin(2pi f t).  Differentiating we obtain:

dB/dt = B_amp x 2pi f x cos(2pi f t),  

we're only concerned with the amplitude from now on, so we’ll drop the cosine.  Also note that upon differentiating, the frequency now plays a role.   Some of you might quickly realize that it’s beneficial to do this type of wireless power transfer at higher frequencies, and that is correct, but there are implications I won’t go into.  Let’s proceed by substituting B_amp = 10 miro T, and f = 5500 Hz

Vpeak_oc =  10 * (1e-5 x 2 pi 5500) = 3.5 volts

Remember,  this is the OPEN CIRCUIT voltage, no resonance implemented yet!

If we implement resonance, and let's say we have a tank circuit with a Q = 100,  the magnification factor, which is very easy to accomplish just with LC circuits alone,  we obtain:

Vpeak =  Vpeak_oc * Q = 3.5 x 100 = 350 volts !

But we know that volts without current means nothing, so how much current can I draw?  As few of you know, if I load the coil I change the Q, and I lose what I'm after, but there are techniques to minimize this and obtain an optimal results, by impedance matching.   From my experiments, I observed that I can lower the Q by a half, and manage to draw significant power, so OK, let's say under load the voltage drops to 150 volts, with a source impedance of 10 ohms, and I can draw 1 amp.  The power received is than:

P_avg = (V x I) / 2 = 1 amp x 150 volts /2 = 75 watts       (were dealing with peak amplitudes, not RMS, that's why we divide by 2)

But if I load the receiver with a 10 ohm load, equal to the source impedance for maximum power transfer, I can extract:

P_avg = V^2/2R = 150^2/20 = 1125 watts!

So, as amazing as this is, imagine that SM has a resonator (TPU)  of a Q = 10 000,  that’s 100 times greater than what we calculated above.   He can than realize an open circuit voltage of perhaps 35 000 volts or 35 kV!   This is distructively high!   That’s why SM said that the devices have to be tuned SLIGHTLY OFF FREQUENCY, or else they destroy themselves, NO KIDDING!

There you have it ION,  math for your eyes!   If you don't believe the math than I can't realy do much else for you short of a demo.  Thanks for the questions, I love to teach!  or rather preach!  LOL   ;D  :D  8)

EM
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 09:08:40 by EMdevices »

If the inventor told you what devices to use that are essential to have a chance of success.....would you use them ?
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 10:24:25 by gridbias »

gridbias,

give it up man,  that's not what a TPU is, there are NO VACUM TUBES!  He was simply telling you how he started noticing the resonance effects.   

People still don't know what the KICK was all about.  It is PHYSICAL VIBRATION of the filament, and that's what the TPUs use as the resonance MECHANISM,  MECHANICAL VIBRATION, THAT'S WHY THEY ARE SUCH HIGH Q DEVICES.   I don't know how else to say this.  He even told you how the speaker diameter plays a part and has a resonance at 35 khz or so, hello?   

It's the mechanical vibrations of the TPU structure that provide the high Q resonance mechanism necessary for efficient and practical power harvesting at those low frequencies!

And, there are no tubes and no mass electronics!

EM
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 01:04:39 by EMdevices »

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
EM

If the TPU collects energy from ambiant fields, this will not explain the additional effect associated with the device.

SM's early device stopped when flipped, and you also had this effect, but later SM device did not stop when flipped and was wound differently.

Then there is the washboard effect, the gyroscopic effect, the rotating compass SM spoke of - that then suddenly stops when the device has "wound up to full speed".

The was an undescribed effect when placing the TPU in a tub of water.  Why would a passive reciever exhibit some "interesting" effect when in water?

EM

If the TPU collects energy from ambiant fields, this will not explain the additional effect associated with the device.

SM's early device stopped when flipped, and you also had this effect, but later SM device did not stop when flipped and was wound differently.

That's correct, in the UTC video he holds the 6"  TPU horizontaly and also verticaly, while talking about it, and it works just fine in both orientations.   It's the way they are wound.  I don't have the energy right now to explain all this stuff.

Then there is the washboard effect, the gyroscopic effect, the rotating compass SM spoke of - that then suddenly stops when the device has "wound up to full speed".

That's why I say this device is unique, the interaction of the resonant high intensity reactive magnetic fields, around the TPU, with the acoustic or mechnical vibrations of the device can have interesting implications. Sligh frequency shifts can create beat frequencies etc.    By the way,  did you know that a vibrating bar exibits the same GYROSCOPIC effect as a spinning GYRO?     Read up on Gyro IC's and how they are implemented, just a vibrating micro lever, that's all.   So the TPU's vibration is key, and that's why I keep harping on the fact that the resonance mechanism at 5 kHz has to be acoustic resonance inside the structure itself, and not from an LC tank circuit,  because the frequency is simply too low for LC resonance!

There was an undescribed effect when placing the TPU in a tub of water.  Why would a passive reciever exihibit some "interesting" effect when in water?

The interesting effect was that IT STOPPED WORKING!   :)      

Loading and suppresing the acoustic vibrations of the structure RUINED THE Q, and so good bye High Q Receiver.

EM

PS,   I'll throw out one more analogy for those that still don't get it.     An EMPTY wine glass is resonated by acoustic energy that can shatter it, why?  because it has a very high Q and can build up vibrations that are significant and that can destroy it.   In other words,  the Q of the wine glass does not diminish much with AMPLITUDE, and so there is no self protection mechanism.   If you fill the wine glass with water or a liquid, than it can no longer vibrate freely because the liquid is preventing and loading it down, too much power disipation.  

The TPU is something very similar, at the core it is an acoustic vibrator, but how can acoustics and magnetics mix?    They mix with the aid of coils, as in a loop, that is driven by the magnetic fields he is tapping, and with the proper transducer mechansim that drives the acoustic resonator from the large currents developed in the loop.  Magnetostriction is one such phenomena, and I went off on that tangent as you all know.  Than there is the simple way of creating a force with a coil and magnet, like in a speaker.   In the Open TPU  (OTPU)  he places two magnets in it and they stay there.    This is very close to a speaker and loop type of integrated resonator.  The "speaker" is the rings (they resonate acoustically)  and the wire is the loop that interacts with the magnetic fields.   That's how I explain it to myself, but this area of speculation is not yet fully developed.  Like I said, there are still open questions remaining about the particulars of his TPU designs, and they varry, but generaly I know what is happening.   However, keep this in mind, vibration is critical, this is another concept I'm pretty confident about!

Ok, if there are no other questions,  I will now go back to investigating the permanent magnet dynamos.    I am not realy interested in energy harvesting anymore, perhaps I should be but it just doesn't have the same mystery and spell over me it once had.   Extracting energy from magnets is more exciting to me right now, because it can be a power source that can be taken anywhere.  
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 09:00:33 by EMdevices »

EM

A long time ago on another forum (as Vortex) I posted what I called the "Acoustic Resonator Theory"

Glad to see you are thinking along these lines.

We are in agreement here. The acoustic vibrations may be an important clue.

Thanks for bringing it up. If anyone is interested I can repost it here.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

EM,

When you have a chance and the free energy  ;) I would like to know your source for the idea the TPU just quit working when placed in a tub of water.

Oh!

There are differences between vibrator gyroscopes and rotating ones. Vibrators tend to maintain their orientation to the plain of their motion. Gyroscopes tend to maintain their orientation to the center of the Earth.
Gyros also suffer to a drift phenomenon and recover their orientation after lateral movement has stopped. These are a couple of reasons why the vibrators are better suited than gyroscopes for terrestrially bound applications.

I'll dare say you won't find the vibrating variety used in aerospace without an accelerometer added and certainly won't find them in anything requiring measurement of relative position and orientation. There, you will see Sagnac based devices or the real spinning variety.

In short.... there would be no wash-board like effect without rotation (rotation in the common sense or rotation of a second entrained energy while revolving around a loop of material). At least, not that I can imagine.

Don't get me wrong. I find the magnetostriction ideas more plausible than others, especially when magnets were used in some devices to run or to start.
I also agree with the ideas of acoustic resonance. This is most likely, even though there are ways to make a loop of wire resonant at very low frequencies (this involves oscillatory magnetostriction of nonferrous conductors). This almost always results in demands of demonstrations.

I have complied on more than one occasion with bad results. The replication was good... the jerk tried to patent it (Uncle Sam didn't appreciate that  :( )

« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 03:29:53 by WaveWatcher »

(Removed unrelated drivel)

BTW....

I heard from a non internet related source that even though the tub was not metallic it emptied the tub with a nasty fury. I have some doubts about the source  C.C
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 10:38:15 by WaveWatcher »

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
probably ionization followed by detonated

@EMdevices

Do you believe that some of the devices are fake and some are real
or do you believe there all real.Did you get the pdf file of the clamp amp meter
SM used in the video of the 17"" tpu.The meter operation manual  may help you with your theory,if you don't have the file I will post it.

@ Cheappower2012,  I have everything on Steven Mark and more.  Thank you though.  All his devices are REAL!
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 09:45:30 by EMdevices »

...So with high Q resonators you not only receive more power but the reactive fields are so huge and of high intensity that the resonator can repel off of them much like a propeller pushes against the air to create thrust!

This gives interesting possibilities, already used in conventional technology, but which one could be logically related to facts in favor of free energy?

In a resonator, the energy accumulates from period to period. This energy is stored in magnetic or electric fields, or pressure fields for mechanical systems. The field of the resonator and that of the source superpose, creating an interference pattern in space. This may lead to a "channel" between the source and the receiver, optimizing the power transfer.
A typical example is the ferrite antenna of a radio, tuned to the frequency of the AM station to receive. The effective cross-section of the antenna is much more than its material cross-section. The antenna captures more energy than this that would cross the coil if it was not resonant but it does it at the price of a redistribution of the field around the antenna, forcing it to pass through the ferrite at the expense of the field outside, and finally it doesn't recover more energy than that available is the space around, which was provided by the transmitter.

probably ionization followed by detonated

No, not so dramatic. For what it is worth that source said the water was thrown out of the bathtub in all directions and made the engineers very wet but laughing.

That source isn't any more reliable than the proof provided by the videos. I just thought the story was funny.

EM

You are probably aware that Bill Beaty has mused on energy sucking antenna's here:

http://www.amasci.com/tesla/tesceive.html

I have no problem with your calculations, they look correct. The problem I see is that "Q" gets squashed pretty rapidly when you try to extract power from a resonant receiver loop.

You have stated that it is possible to overcome this with impedance matching. I have not found this to be the case. Could you expand on this with a simple schematic?

If this is so, you have created a device which can feed itself without destroying "Q", so you have no need for a transmitter loop, a portion of the output can be fed back to the input to keep the resonant loop oscillating.

I have not been able to make such a system work, it seems to violate basic principles.

I believe Tesla tried to make a passive regenerative system, don't know if it was successful.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 19:56:04 by ION »

I believe Tesla tried to make a passive regenerative system, don't know if it was successful.

I believe he was....

This is a short introduction with references to papers of much more detail.... http://www.teslasociety.com/teslarec.pdf

OK, so you have a solid object on a table and you want to know why it is vibrating.

Seems to me the only way to say the object is vibrating on its own, is if it loses some weight and gains weight and loses weight and so on. That would be the only way an inanimate object could move enough to create a vibration on its own without any other moving parts. Moving left and right for me is not an option. Up and down by losing and gaining weight is the only way I can think of. That would entail an anti gravity effect.

But the TPU is not an inanimate object. It has coils and they pulse and there is a magnet placed inside.

Why did SM not place his big fat magnet on the LTPU? Because the magnet and the vibration effect that it produces was just SM's only way to always know the device was working otherwise he would risk looking like a fool during a demo and God forbid such a thing should happen to SM especially during a money seeking demo. If he put a magnet on the OTPU and it did not vibrate, only he would know it so he could stall saying something has to be readjusted. When he sweeped the magnet on one LTPU toroid then the other, the magnet vibrated in his hand confirming to hm that the two stages work so he could keep on with the demo. If there is no vibration, just stop and say you forgot to adjust something and fix the problem before the demo continues. The magnet/vibration was SMs go ahead to continue a demo. You would never have known it until you realize why only the LTPU was not magnet mounted. How many days did we spend on passing a magnet next to a toroid? I remember those days only too well. lol

If the inanimate object is to vibrate, it either has to have a electromagnetostriction like a speaker coil or a small motor turning an off centered weight. The energy required to make a coil to coil relationship vibrate would be tremendous without a core.

So for me, either the TPU is losing and gaining actual weight or there is a vibro mechanism somewhere. Guys seen to forget that SM was in major paranoia mode and one of his main efforts had to be to continuously outwit everyone with distractions, both for his requirements of remaining on top on the pile and also most likely at the insistence of his investors who obviously would have told him, "can we show enough of device without showing any of the workings or maybe even include some distractions so we have no chance of divulging anything to prospective investors and their specialists". Saying his device has a slight gyro vibration is a perfect way to make you look away from the real effects.

Take any magnet and coil. Mount them on any plate surface. Pulse them and see how it will vibrate when in your hand. You have just made the effect. Now pulse near 800 hertz, uh, the effect is gone because the human hand cannot sense vibrations above a certain frequency. According to my own tests, the maximum was about 800 hertz. So anything that creates a vibration or gyro would have had to be equal to or less than 800 hertz. Try it yourself.

Oh, one other thing about the LTPU at 800 volts yes, but not 10 amps, only 1.??? amps.

wattsup

PS: About the 5000 hertz. If you had one pulse entering 10 coils in parallel but the coils were 36 degrees out of phase with the next coil and so on, would that equal 5000 hertz applied with only 500 hertz initiated? What we are forgetting is multiples. Nothing was single. All TPUs showed a multiple design. Not one in and one out. The main issue for SM was to design in a way to augment amperage and that is usually only accomplished by paralleling multiple mA outputs.

Anyways, It is so good to have guys discuss this stuff again and maybe through this some major headway could be reached regardless if it is for an SM style TPU or any other style.

I believe he was....

This is a short introduction with references to papers of much more detail.... http://www.teslasociety.com/teslarec.pdf

Thanks for the paper WW, it showed the circuit I remember seeing elsewhere. Will have to follow the references.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
EM

A long time ago on another forum (as Vortex) I posted what I called the "Acoustic Resonator Theory"

Glad to see you are thinking along these lines.

We are in agreement here. The acoustic vibrations may be an important clue.

Thanks for bringing it up. If anyone is interested I can repost it here.

I would interested in a repost.

Also,
I have placed a neodyn in the iron core GK4. The magnet reports vibrations in a large range of frequencies less than 100khz.
I was also building a test piece that is made of a 1 foot long 1/4" wooden dowel with a small neodyn at each end. One end is placed in or by the coil. At the other is placed a am radio earplug with the nipple cutoff. The vibrations are pickuped via the audio plug. The contraption is laided on the bench on top of foam pieces.

Thanks for the paper WW, it showed the circuit I remember seeing elsewhere. Will have to follow the references.

You're welcome.

This paper clarified the origin of the name 'detector' for the device that rectifies and filters RF energy, also thought of as demodulation.
(Yes, the filter after the diode was considered part of the detector at one time.)

I have found these original meanings interesting as it shows how our concepts of past discoveries become muddled. Tesla was building a device to detect the presence of RF energy. There would have been no point in demodulating the signal.

Another project called for 'magnet wire' in the patent. 'Magnet wire', as we know it today, wasn't invented for three decades after the patent was issued.

This detective work can be interesting.

I have a TPU related observation. There may be different opinions of the importance and relevance but here it is:

On all 'current' demonstrations of incandescent bulbs being lit by the 'new' wireless power transmission (of those I've seen) one thing is common. The bulb lights very slowly in the beginning but changes brightness rather quickly when the demonstrations show distances and angles from the transmitter.

I believe the initial slow increase in brightness is due to the bulb resistance being an important part of the tuning of the overall receiver circuit.

I don't recall that action on the TPU videos.

If this is true then a TPU is not so dependent upon the load for operation or 'tuning'.

Comments?

P.S.

ION isn't kidding about Hams being old-hat at the so-called new wireless power transmission. I've used a 15W 120v bulb on a wire loop hanging on the fence about a hundred feet away as a field strength indicator.

Yes, that was primarily the magnetic side of the signal.

You are spot on regarding the slow rise to brightness. When fed from a voltage source, lamps light right up, but fed from a current source they come to life slowly because of the non-linear property of tungsten (temp vs. resistance).

Also the SM devices never showed any change in lamp brightness vs. angular changes, eliminating the idea of a hidden transmitter or directional outboard source. EM should put this as a red flag into his theory.

SM was able to demonstrate blowing a 50 amp severe service air conditioning fuse when placed directly across the output. Apparently, it may have been a Class RK5 fuse which is a time delay type with a 500% rating for 10 seconds. So to blow it, there was either 250 Amp source current available for 10 seconds or a much higher peak current for a shorter time. I will try to find the curves for this class of fuse.

I'll have to check and see if those stacked lytics have the required stored Joules to blow such a fuse so I can get that one out of the way. If they were 400 or 450 volt lytics, can anyone guess what the uF rating was from the pictures?

Has anyone been able to see with clearer video's what the ratings of the lytics were on the LTPU?
« Last Edit: 2011-09-09, 01:12:09 by ION »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-05, 18:38:35