PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 11:46:49
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Longitudinal displacements:  (Read 18481 times)
Group: Guest
Longitudinal displacements:

This information is based on experiments and results experienced by me, your methods and results may vary.

If you are:
Starting using Ic's
Using diodes in de-Qing or in flyback
Fully discharging a cap into a primary
Using pulsed AC
Using pulsed DC and allowing it to fall below the rejection threshold per cycle
Trying to use a bias coil to accomplish the rejection threshold requirements
ETC…. you will keep getting what you have got.

Grumpy posted the Van de Graaff longitudinal displacement paper so I will tell you what I have learned to expand on it as most people will miss the most important thing.

Rejection Threshold < this is the best term I could come up with.

In short : When you send a pulse of energy out, if there is not a reserve of energy left at the source greater than the returning energy, you will get a pulse back.
This returning pulse removes all the work done to the natural medium by the outgoing pulse.

It is the repetitive longitudinal displacement of the natural medium ( without depletion ) that establishes a pattern in the natural medium.
You will feel it when it happens, it wont be pleasant.

From what i have learned so far ( by actually doing experiments ) this returning pulse is almost instantaneous and will transverse ultra fast diodes and most other ic's like they are not even there.
I have not been able to see it on a scope, but it is there.

It requires a great and sudden pulse ( like capacitive discharge ) as its source.

There are only four means I have found to block the returning pulse:
Ignitron in circuit series
Magnetically gated carbon / brass spark gap in circuit  series
High quality tube rectifier in circuit  series ( sometimes )
Van de Graaff as the source with the breakdown gap almost at its limits

Lets take the Van de Graaff as an example.
Say we have 100kv and our gap is set so when 100kv is reached the charge will ionize the air and jump to ground.
When this happens there is a voltage drop across the plasma and the energy sees the ground rod.
It then, if it has a low impedance path to ground, can dissipate to ground.
But if it has a high impedance to ground it may see the still ionized plasma as a good path and try to return to the capacitive sphere.
How does it choose? Well it has a lot to consider.
It goes something like this, If the charge is greater than the residual charge on the capacitive sphere plus the voltage drop across the plasma, it may return to the capacitive sphere. ------ And in the process remove all the work done to the natural medium -----.
If however the capacitive sphere has a charge higher that the displaced charge minus the voltage drop across the plasma ( rejection threshold ) the charge can not retune to source and a displacement exists.

So if the longitudinal pulse can transverse a diode then there needs to be another method of blocking the returning pulse.
There is!
The initial energy source must maintain a charge at all times greater than the rejection threshold.
The threshold is calculated by taking the initial energy minus the energy lost in transit in both the out going and returning trips.

Tubes are good because there is no actual material for the longitudinal pulse to transverse on its returning trip. But they are very limiting due to the current they will pass. HOWEVER, using a spark gap to send a high power pulse to a tube that is already closed ( grid + ) has sometimes passed energy way in excess of the tubes rated max power - but not for long.

Van de Graaffs are good because they hold a good rejection charge as long as you dont get them too close and deplete the whole charge on the capacitive sphere.

The magnetic quenching seems to work best in combination with the carbon / brass spark gap.
The carbon / brass dissimilar electrodes will work as a very effective high voltage high amperage diode on their own but the addition of the magnets in the correct axis really locks the returning pulse out.
Longitudinal energy moving in a straight line through the spark gap plasma and the magnetic field ( if present ) rotating around the plasma is locked up by the opposing magnets.

There may be a way to do this with mosfets ( without an integrated diode ) by using a reserve capacitor bank as the supply and pulsing a high impedance coil so the energy drop going and returning will be so great that it has no chance of transversing the mosfet and returning to it source.

This is not knocking the use of a dc bias coil in the near field - it has its uses as well just not pertaining to rejection of a returning longitudinal pulse.

If you are not using a unidirectional pulse of energy, and or allowing the returning pulse to remove the work done, you will remain within conventional results, which by default are rather disappointing.

When you are flipping the charge on a capacitor you are half way there.

Pulse out , pulse back, was never a goal.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Thanks for sharing your work DS.  I wish more would get busy.

All the patents I've seen from Tesla regarding 'Circuit Controllers' appear to follow the same principle. In his rotary circuit controllers as his capacitors are discharging the 'source' voltage is disconnected. Ironically none of Tesla's 'circuit controllers' used a magnetically quenched spark-gap, well at least any that where patented or that I am aware of.

Keep up the good work.  :)

Respectfully,

Core

tExB=qr
I used magnetic quenching a long time ago and had god results, but I switched to the delay line method for square pulses (when very short they are spikes).  The delay line reflects and then the reflection turns off the switch.  I found it to work very well.

What exactly is the connection between Tesla's longitudinal waves and Cosmic rays? It seems to me that between the years 1896 to about 1920 he speaks about using the Earth as a conductor for his wireless system. From about 1920 or so till his death he appears to speak more highly about Cosmic rays and harnessing the energy.

Is there a connection between the two? If so what is it.

Respectfully,

Core

tExB=qr
   What exactly is the connection between Tesla's longitudinal waves and Cosmic rays? It seems to me that between the years 1896 to about 1920 he speaks about using the Earth as a conductor for his wireless system. From about 1920 or so till his death he appears to speak more highly about Cosmic rays and harnessing the energy.

Is there a connection between the two? If so what is it.

Respectfully,

Core

A huge amount of energy is transferred from the sun to the earth.  My guess is that he tapped into this.  There was a device with a spiral toroidal coil that did this, can't recall the name. 

Cool link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_energy_budget

Incoming energy

The total flux of energy entering the Earth's atmosphere is estimated at 174 petawatts. This flux consists of:

* solar radiation (99.97%, or nearly 174 petawatts; or about 340 W m−2)
          o This is equal to the product of the solar constant, about 1,366 watts per square metre, and the area of the Earth's disc as seen from the Sun, about 1.28 × 1014 square metres, averaged over the Earth's surface, which is four times larger. The solar flux averaged over just the sunlit half of the Earth's surface is about 680 W m−2
          o This is the incident energy. The energy actually absorbed by the earth is lower by a factor of (1 minus albedo); this is discussed in the next section.
          o Note that the solar constant varies (by approximately 0.1% over a solar cycle); and is not known absolutely to within better than about one watt per square metre. Hence the geothermal, tidal, and waste heat contributions are less than the uncertainty in the solar power.
    * geothermal energy (0.025%; or about 44[2] to 47[3] terawatts; or about 0.08 W m−2)
          o This is produced by stored heat and heat produced by radioactive decay leaking out of the Earth's interior.
    * tidal energy (0.002%, or about 3 terawatts; or about 0.0059 W m−2)
          o This is produced by the interaction of the Earth's mass with the gravitational fields of other bodies such as the Moon and Sun.
    * waste heat from fossil fuel consumption (about 0.007%, or about 13 terawatts; or about 0.025 W m−2)[4] The total energy used by commercial energy sources from 1880 to 2000 (including fossil fuels and nuclear) is calculated to be 17.3x1021Joules.[5]

Thanks G,

I saw that the S documents required a pulse over a dc voltage so the input never crossed zero volts.

Was it ever explained this was to reinforce the diode effect  ( unidirectional force ) or was there another explanation for the required bias on the input?

tExB=qr

Thanks G,

I saw that the S documents required a pulse over a dc voltage so the input never crossed zero volts.

Was it ever explained this was to reinforce the diode effect  ( unidirectional force ) or was there another explanation for the required bias on the input?

The pulse perturbs a magnetic field, but must never cross zero or the effect is nullified.   just e means of magnification - I laid it out in the Barbat thread.

Cool link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_energy_budget

Incoming energy

The total flux of energy entering the Earth's atmosphere is estimated at 174 petawatts. This flux consists of:

* solar radiation (99.97%, or nearly 174 petawatts; or about 340 W m−2)
          o This is equal to the product of the solar constant, about 1,366 watts per square metre, and the area of the Earth's disc as seen from the Sun, about 1.28 × 1014 square metres, averaged over the Earth's surface, which is four times larger. The solar flux averaged over just the sunlit half of the Earth's surface is about 680 W m−2
          o This is the incident energy. The energy actually absorbed by the earth is lower by a factor of (1 minus albedo); this is discussed in the next section.
          o Note that the solar constant varies (by approximately 0.1% over a solar cycle); and is not known absolutely to within better than about one watt per square metre. Hence the geothermal, tidal, and waste heat contributions are less than the uncertainty in the solar power.
    * geothermal energy (0.025%; or about 44[2] to 47[3] terawatts; or about 0.08 W m−2)
          o This is produced by stored heat and heat produced by radioactive decay leaking out of the Earth's interior.
    * tidal energy (0.002%, or about 3 terawatts; or about 0.0059 W m−2)
          o This is produced by the interaction of the Earth's mass with the gravitational fields of other bodies such as the Moon and Sun.
    * waste heat from fossil fuel consumption (about 0.007%, or about 13 terawatts; or about 0.025 W m−2)[4] The total energy used by commercial energy sources from 1880 to 2000 (including fossil fuels and nuclear) is calculated to be 17.3x1021Joules.[5]

Does anyone notices the orientation of Tesla's plate and the solar panel?  They're 90 degree different.  I just don't think he's capturing solar energy.  Even if it's not solar energy, why does his plate's surface area vector has to be parallel to earth's surface?  I think he saw something we don't.  

tExB=qr
Does anyone notices the orientation of Tesla's plate and the solar panel?  They're 90 degree different.  I just don't think he's capturing solar energy.  Even if it's not solar energy, why does his plate's surface area vector has to be parallel to earth's surface?  I think he saw something we don't.  

Tesla may have intercepted a force vector.  Work that with other fields and wha-la....

Found this in an old book, I find it fascinating and shows why every spark gap should be quenched. So basically the secondary coil can continue 'ringing' well after the primary is no longer supplying energy.

Respectfully,

Core

Core - in the true disruptive discharge system where Tesla began to see the real interesting results, he was quenching where I have indicated with a red line.

Darkspeed,

I would imagine you would get the same result with a tighter quenching meaning the secondary will continue oscillating well after the primary stopped.

Respectfully,

Core

Core - in single shot mode you are correct

But if you repeat the disruptive discharge at the natural resonant frequency of the secondary you get energy stacking in the coil and in the surrounding environment.

This leads to stinging rays - the feeling like you have been rolled in insulation. It takes four or more days for the feeling to go away. At one point last year I had to walk away from everything I was working on for a month just to get straight again.
Before that experience I thought the Tesla stinging rays (radiant energy) was more myth.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of coil arrangement are you using? Also have you ran these ultra short impulses through a Tesla coil?

Respectfully,

Core

15kv neon sign transformer > fullbridge diode > 5.5uf 20kv pulse capacitor > charging inductors > .15uf @20kv poly capacitor bank > negative side of bank to >  magnetic spark gap ( in diode mode ) > 4000ft of 28awg c-200 magnet wire on spool > variable speed rotary spark gap > to positive side of bank.

Transformer charges up the big cap, the big cap charges up the small bank through inductors, when the rotary makes it pulls one pulse through the spark gap and then the gap kills the arc for the duration of the dwell in the rotary gap.

Spark gap:
Negative terminal is a brass or iron point
Positive terminal is a 2" diameter carbon sphere - machined from rod stock
There is a north / south magnet across the gap isolated with mica - this blows out the arc if one forms
There is an additional arrangement of radial magnets orientated to push in opposition to the field created by the current flow in the wire and or plasma.

The carbon/ brass  is a diode
The capacity difference between the sphere and the point is a diode
The radial magnet arrangement is a diode
When they are all set correctly they are very very effective

When it fires at this low power you will not even see a spark, light, etc in the gap

Single shot wont do it but when you get it running for a few hundred shots you will find your self starting to involuntary flinch and clench your eyes.

A few moments later and you will be able to start to measure a voltage on metal objects in the area relative to ground

I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for the info. greatly appreciated.  :)

Respectfully,

Core

On tuning the spark gap diode.

Install it in the circuit backwards first and put the brass point at close proximity to the carbon sphere.
As it fires increase the spacing between the two until the ark stops.
(Do this with a threaded HDPE rod about 24" long as to keep your hand out of the circuit - you can drill and tap the carbon ball and screw it onto the rod, and then drill and tap one side of your spark gap base to make a positionable gap )
Lock that spacing down and then put it back in the circuit the correct way.

If you dont eat and breathe HV dont build this without the supervision of someone who does.
It may look like it is not working when it may be in fact pushing HV through the circuit.
Always assume it is hot until it is wired in a safety short.

Examples of spark gap vs magnetic spark gap

Photos: Power supply , demo unit

Videos : spark gap , magnetic spark gap

Both videos are driven from the same power supply ( 0.7w), capacitors (5000v 0.1uf) , magnet, air coil (no core), diodes, battery (12v) , etc… The only difference is the method in the spark gap.

tExB=qr
If you have time, can you check this out?

When operating, hold or hang a piece of conductive object near the coil and it should be attracted strongly to the coil.  Aluminum is attracted less than copper.  This may be due to the lower mass of aluminum.  The pulling force is radial, as in perpendicular to the coil in all directions.  Even insulating objects, like strips of plastic, are attracted a little.

G - These are off my computer - The demo unit is still in storage .
Hoping to have my new place up and running in a few months.

It will attract or repel objects DEPENDING on where it is in the circuit.

Closer to the + plate of the capacitor in the circuit and it will attract
Closer to the - plate of the capacitor in the circuit and it will repel

Found the same thing with my " bulb o' death " circuit.
When you put copper foil on the bulb it would either suck it down or blow it off.
Made the mistake of holding the copper once and it made me puke in the yard for about half an hour.
I could light a small bulb between the copper sheet and ground.
It was a capacitive effect, but im sure the heated element was ejecting quite a few electrons as well.

With the demo unit - I thought I would be clever and do a bifilar coil of the same wire length to compare.
In spark gap mode it was about the same, but with the magnetic gap all it would do was FLOOD the room with ozone and the magnet would not move at all.

Never got the chance to solve that problem.. but it is on my list

tExB=qr
G - These are off my computer - The demo unit is still in storage .
Hoping to have my new place up and running in a few months.

It will attract or repel objects DEPENDING on where it is in the circuit.

Closer to the + plate of the capacitor in the circuit and it will attract
Closer to the - plate of the capacitor in the circuit and it will repel

Found the same thing with my " bulb o' death " circuit.
When you put copper foil on the bulb it would either suck it down or blow it off.
Made the mistake of holding the copper once and it made me puke in the yard for about half an hour.
I could light a small bulb between the copper sheet and ground.
It was a capacitive effect, but im sure the heated element was ejecting quite a few electrons as well.

The effect that I'm talking about is independent of polarity and is around the coil (maybe the gap too).  A coil that large with it's high impedance will decelerate the energy and cause an contracting effect that pulls objects towards itself.  Tesla's short straps and big caps dumping through gaps may have produced an accelerating effect and this would cause expansion and push objects away.  Two shakes from antigrav.

Maybe configured in one polarity the electrostatic is greater than the mass attraction

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 11:46:49