PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-03, 07:16:35
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48
Author Topic: Akula0083 30 watt self running generator.  (Read 932425 times)
Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
My approach would be to run without the output led's as the extra burden and just note power supply current as you tweak the gap and other parameters.

Switching losses alone should be enough of a burden to overcome, when that is met additional loads can be added.

Since the output of the switcher is looped back to the input, you should begin to see a drop in current from the driving power source as you get to the sweet spot. If there is indeed extra energy to be tapped, the power supply current should drop to zero and the voltage will begin to rise.

LED's act as Zeners and if you are on the upper end of the knee it is difficult to discern efficiency improvements of the circuit because brightness does not change much on the high end of the knee.

You can switch the LED's back in when you get to the sweet spot, they will then act as clippers, soak up the extra energy and tame the voltage from soaring.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

More of the same ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8OlH4kkKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juwm_W5-qAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWjs0-WCMzs

WHY CAN'T WE DO THIS ??  IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE FERRITE ??   ;D

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Guest
Grum,

Those videos are for the Melnichenko device.  I have a decent collection of that information if anyone is interested.

Dear All.

More of the same ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_8OlH4kkKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juwm_W5-qAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWjs0-WCMzs

WHY CAN'T WE DO THIS ??  IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE FERRITE ??   ;D

Cheers Grum.

Grum,

Without a detailed circuit diagram, a PCB layout and a exact core type and winding, then
those videos are just nice videos on YouTube.

Ahh, I see that you have posted detailed information now. :-)

GL.

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
It looks like the earlier Akula version with the pot core we were going to try and build a few months back, we have diagrams and info on the core, basically the device works the same as the one we are working on right now but uses a different drive circuit, it also uses alu foil in the pot core.  O0

Peter, could u please post a link/schematic of the device you are speaking about?

Buy me some coffee
At the time NMR was controversial, the device above was discussed in a Private Group.

here's the link but it is a Private Group, so to be able to see it you need to PM me so i can set you up permission.
http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2252.msg34357#msg34357

but

You need to understand that it may not be a good idea building a device in public that produces Beta radiation  C.C
when that time happens then it will need to go Private until fully documented and ready for release, and no it's not because we are covering up the device, it's to protect DIYers from irradiating themselves or worse.

Group: Professor

Maybe use a thin layer of tape and make some notes in regards to signals.  My personal preference would be to place a tiny dot of silicone on the center face of one side and let it cure.  
If the "magic" in the transformer depends on an acoustic effect then placing acoustically dampening materials between the core halves would attenuate this effect.
For example, if the piezo element was glued to the ferrite rod with dampening silicone, then the experiment shown in this video would be a failure.

Vinyl tape and silicone rubber are very dampening.  Paper is not so much and sheet mica dampens acoustic vibrations very little.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-09, 15:24:00 by verpies »

Maybe could it be just the reverse of this and that when the stop switch is 'closed' it is recycling energy back to the circuit instead of (or) at the same time diverting energy from the LEDs and this is why they turn off?
Maybe the Stop Switch when open is when the Self running aspect of the circuit ceases to be, and when the Stop switch is closed, it is in self running mode?
I'm sure that was the intention of this circuit's designer.  In unconventional operation of this circuit (when some "magic" is happening in the transformer) the closed Stop switch recycles energy back to the circuit.

However, in conventional operation, the function of the Stop switch is just the opposite - just like Hoppy is describing.

P.S.
Beware that in Russian language an "open" switch conducts electric current, but in English language it does not!

I have my (mains isolated) scope probe on the junction of C4 R2 with ref to circuit ground.  And I am very basically dabbing the Pos from the 12 V battery to charge C11.
...but there are two junctions of C4 & R2, which one do you mean?
Sorry to be such a PITA but I hate to assUme.

Are you referring to the switch-off of the MOSFET/IGBT or of some mechanical switch or power supply?
And I am very basically dabbing the Pos from the 12 V battery to charge C11.
Oh, so you must mean the "switch-off" of the power supply.

Buy me some coffee
So who are we going to force to take Russian language lessons  ;D

If anyone knows Akula please Send him an English translation dictionary  ;D

So who are we going to force to take Russian language lessons  ;D
That is what I am doing, taking Russian language lessons.

If you do not intend to speak Russian and only to more or less understand what it is about,
technically-wise, it is, IMHO, not an un-reachable goal that can be achieved in some months.

Of course, If English is your only language it could be more difficult.
If you have some smattering of other languages this could help.

Привет,

Thanks++ to Matt Watts for pointing out this gnli.pdf file.

A Skeptic person would state:
No way! 'OU' (a self sustaining device, for ex) is not possible...The official equations are right. Period.
-------------
A 'Believer' would assert, for ex.:
The official equations are wrong or incomplete. The Aether exists (and must be included in the equations).
Einstein was wrong. Period.
--------------
Some persons would declare: yes, the official equations are right. Aether might exists but is not a necessity.
But, we do not take the time into account in these equations. No time in the Coulomb's law, for ex.
We assume that the 'exchanges' are made at the speed of light or near this speed, but, in some process, it is some orders of magnitude less.
You might consult 'Claus W. Turtur'.
------------
Other persons would point out that: of course, if we only use half of the equations, assuming that  'C', 'L' and 'M(ass)' are constants, we are not out of the woods 'OU'-wise.

Considering that 'C', 'L' and 'M(ass)' are *not* constant leads to very interesting results.
You also might consult 'Ronald D. Pearson' and 'Ove Tedenstig' who, both, are not assuming  that 'M(ass)' has not to be constant.
-----------
You too, can derive  d(L.i)/dt and d(C.v)/dt considering that 'L' and 'C' are not constant.
I tried this, but I'm not a mathematician. I got strange results. Not sure of them.
-----------------------------
Back to gnli.pdf
You must ( :))  consult: http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/tep62par.htm
last update on 10/12/97  :P
------------------------------
2 pictures:

The initial gnli.pdf CCT.

My interpretation. I can be wrong.

Or this one attached.

The Akula 60 Watt circuit T-1000 posted shows the timing to be somewhat different though and it includes an output winding.

IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE FERRITE ??

Barium maybe or Cobalt?

Sure looks like Akula is tuning his impulse to setup some sort of momentum that continues on after the impulse signal drops.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-10, 04:20:55 by Matt Watts »

Salve,

@Matt Watts,
Very interesting CCT ???
Unfortunately, I have not enough neurons to understand it. :-X
--------
Should I dare to submit this picture?
It is not really 'parametric' as in the gnli.pdf.
I am just wondering whether this 'bucking coil' configuration might be more simple and efficient?

Just my 2 cents.
------------------
I am carrying on some experiments with some off-the-shelf and also some diyed coils wrapped  with
some off-the-kitchen aluminium foils. Truly amazing results, IMHO.
I wish I had a good 4 channels scope to be able to prove that this (fictitious?)
'displacement currents' can do something that might be considered as 'OU'.

unfortunately, nobody seems interested in kitchen aluminium foil.
However it is an essential material for conserving sandwiches. Is it not ???

I'm sure that was the intention of this circuit's designer.  In unconventional operation of this circuit (when some "magic" is happening in the transformer) the closed Stop switch recycles energy back to the circuit.

However, in conventional operation, the function of the Stop switch is just the opposite - just like Hoppy is describing.

P.S.
Beware that in Russian language an "open" switch conducts electric current, but in English language it does not!

Why did Akula provide a stop switch when opening (breaking) the feedback loop will achieve the same result? Is the real function of this switch to pulse L2 using a second oscillator??

Or this one attached.

The Akula 60 Watt circuit T-1000 posted shows the timing to be somewhat different though and it includes an output winding.
The 1/3 coil shorting should be on right time so BEMF will get mixed with magnetic pulse. What happens next - you need to find out ;)

Why did Akula provide a stop switch when opening (breaking) the feedback loop will achieve the same result? Is the real function of this switch to pulse L2 using a second oscillator??
As far as I know it is power off switch there so you can stop it from self running...

As far as I know it is power off switch there so you can stop it from self running...

Thanks for your opinion on the switch function. Now I just need to get my replication self-running so that I can test this function.  O0

Buy me some coffee
You guys in the USA should be getting your PCB's now it's been a week and they said 5 days when posting.  O0

I believe this is relative to Akula's devices
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplifier
http://www.vk2zay.net/article/181

Electron current flow  :D

I believe this is relative to Akula's devices
Far from it

Group: Moderator

Buy me a cigar
Dear All.

The final components arrived today, so being of impetuous nature I put the whole device together !!

Now I am lost !!  The thing seems to have a mind of it's own !!  I started with Hoppy's suggestion using the current limit on my bench PSU. Bringing the voltage up quietly. At around 7.8 V   I am getting a pulsating effect. The LED's shine like the sun pulling nearly 1.7 amps and then suddenly the current drops back to around 57 mA.  Strangely moving my hand around the circuit can trigger this response.

I could really do with some advice now !! With the transformer fully disconnected the device has a standing current of 29/30 mA at 12 V. I placed my scope probe on the Mosfet gate resistor, with ref to ground. I am seeing no signal here. ??

With my transformer connected the maximum voltage I can apply without serious overload is 7.8 V . I can see the pulses being applied to L1 with ref to ground. And can vary the frequency from around 30 KHz to 123Khz. I can's seem to alter the duty cycle though !!

Oh and BTW does anyone know what the FHZ pot is supposed to do ?? Id does not seem to work !!

Sorry about the long post, but I am at a loss here !!

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Dear All.

The final components arrived today, so being of impetuous nature I put the whole device together !!

Now I am lost !!  The thing seems to have a mind of it's own !!  I started with Hoppy's suggestion using the current limit on my bench PSU. Bringing the voltage up quietly. At around 7.8 V   I am getting a pulsating effect. The LED's shine like the sun pulling nearly 1.7 amps and then suddenly the current drops back to around 57 mA.  Strangely moving my hand around the circuit can trigger this response.

I could really do with some advice now !! With the transformer fully disconnected the device has a standing current of 29/30 mA at 12 V. I placed my scope probe on the Mosfet gate resistor, with ref to ground. I am seeing no signal here. ??

Cheers Grum.
Good day Grum

PLease see the attachment.....
The RED line will bias the MOSFET GATE directly without signal from TL494 or driver....

take care, peace
lost_bro

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 48
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-03, 07:16:35