Coils

Started by Grumpy, 2010.09.22, 13:57:15

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grumpy

Placeholder for discussion of the coils in the AVEC Device...

What to use.

How to wind them.

Rosphere

#1
I purchased my CCU coil assemblies at $40.00 each from des@coilwinding.us.

EDIT: Photo of purchased coils added.

Grumpy

Update to coil winding:

I made forms and crude tools to wind my own coils.

I'll post some pictures later

Edit:
update to information that Rosphere provided above.

https://www.coilwinding.us/
https://www.coilwinding.us/products

I have not tried them but they look great.

Grumpy

The CCU coils that a sequential driven in the AVEC device are wound like a Brooks coil, with a second coil of about 4 layers of heavier gage wire outside the Brooks coil, per the attached file. M4_build_diagram1

Note the image is not to scale.

The finished coils look like the ones Rosphere posted above.

In lieu of the outer coil, a DC bias can be used in its place.

These coils are pulsed with HV DC pulse of short duration (1500v minimum), while DC of 24v, through a 50 ohm rheostat to adjust current, is applied to the outer coil.

When pulsed, some sort of field or particle effect is projected out in all directions.

I am trying to figure out what this effect actually is.

Hakasays

Quote from: Grumpy on 2022.09.25, 17:36:08
These coils are pulsed with HV DC pulse of short duration (1500v minimum), while DC of 24v, through a 50 ohm rheostat to adjust current, is applied to the outer coil.

When pulsed, some sort of field or particle effect is projected out in all directions.

I am trying to figure out what this effect actually is.

A few ideas, partly based on old Borderlands clips:
- Attraction/repulsion to metal foil
- Attraction/repulsion to dielectrics (scotch tape)
- Test for anomalous capacitor charging in-field(ground one lead?)
- Could try using iron filings and applying a single pulse to see if a pattern emerges?
- Test for film exposure to field (X-rays or something with similar effect?)
- Test with foil or plate panel to see if the field can be focused/steered/reflected.
"An overly-skeptical scientist might hastily conclude by scooping-up and analyzing a thousand buckets of seawater that the ocean has no fish in it."