AAM Experiment

Started by Verpies, 2025.06.03, 02:59:52

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Verpies

@ Smudge:

Please take a look at the attached Atomic Angular Momentum experiment and verify my math:

P.S.
Where is Grumage when you need him?  He is not scared of red hot iron....

Smudge

@ Verpies

Your calculations are correct.  Your first formula relating angular acceleration to B is incorrect, but you use the correct formula in your calculations.

Verpies

Quote from: Smudge on 2025.06.03, 10:44:18
Your first formula relating angular acceleration to B is incorrect, ...
What should it be in your opinion ?

Smudge

Quote from: verpies on 2025.06.03, 11:33:56
What should it be in your opinion ?
I stand corrected, your formula is OK.  I have great difficulty recalling formula that used to reside in my brain in the same way I can't recall words that I know and used often in the past.  It may be helpful to others if you included the meaning of τ as angular force or torque under that equation.