Tesla Coils and other Tesla technology

Started by TinselKoala, 2010.12.18, 22:20:25

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

TinselKoala

Hello friends...

Tesla coils anyone? I'll show you mine, you show me yours, we'll have a shockingly good time....

:D

TinselKoala

This is an early stage in the development of my pride and joy: the TinselKoil.

TinselKoil 1.0 operating at 1 MHz and 75 watts input power :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHNY38GQsI

I've made some major improvements since then.

Chet K

Great to see you TK!!
Wow nice work as usual!!
Thanks
Chet

ion

Welcome to the forum TK.....nice build on the TinselKoil

Way back before mosfet's we used 807 transmitting tubes (in the 50's). Harold P. Strand published a few designs in various experimenter magazines. I still have about a dozen 807's NOS.

I'm curious...what will be the end result of your Tesla Coil experiments, or where do you hope to go with this?

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

szaxx

Hi and welcome,
Have a read of teslas disruptive discharge thread called discharge effects.
If you build a big one watchout lol.
Steve

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: szaxx on 2010.12.19, 19:03:36
Hi and welcome,
Have a read of teslas disruptive discharge thread called discharge effects.
If you build a big one watchout lol.
Steve
http://www.amazing1.com/tesla.htm

Look at BTC5 in the catalog.  4-6'  arcs!!  :o    :D   

Something to build and test very, very carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Lee