Thermion/Photon and the Work function

Started by GibbsHelmholtz, 2013.02.07, 17:57:56

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GibbsHelmholtz

I see, we have an Electrostatic guy in here.  Full house ya say?

The circuit is now evolves into DC current.  Two dissimilar conductor A and B is connected.  A third conductor C is in alternate contact between A and B.  Direct current is observed.  I would say the circuit affinity Vab = Va - Vb .  One can imagine an energetic conductive particle in place of conductor C.  This form of generation is not chemical.




exnihiloest


GibbsHelmholtz


If A and B in contact, one would pull more electron from the other when separate.




exnihiloest

@gh

Ok, I understand one the misunderstanding. By "two dissimilar conductors A and B", I should have interpreted "two dissimilar metals".
But it's still not clear. When you say "direct current is observed", which is the circuit where the current is flowing?