PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-28, 08:03:04
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Akula0083 Lantern v3  (Read 98022 times)
Group: Guest
This thread is for Akula's Lantern v3  O0

I think we have more information on this device than any other Akula device.

Akula0083 - Lantern No 3 - Disassembly - Full Length Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Tw66wrW0A

Akula0083 - Lantern No 3 - Demonstration (first version with power supply)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP_Y0Le6Wg

Wesley Translate's Akula video #15: Akula's TPU part 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BNgo09N0yM

Both chips are TL494.

I believe that the core is UR48/39/17-3C30 as it matches shape and size.  There is only one other Type 1 and too small.

Core type: Ferrite UR Core - Type 1 (UR48/39/17-3C30)
Core grade: 3C30
Gap: Yes (paper)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FERRITE-CORE-UR-3C30-UR48-39-17-3C30-2103425-/390627709396?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item5af339d1d4

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1595854.pdf

Frequency:?
We also know the approximate frequency of: 6.910KHz Approx.
@ all I'm very sorry for my mistake. ferrite cores resonance is in Mhz range, not in Ghz. It's to be right 1 - 3,5 Mhz

« Last Edit: 2014-04-28, 17:40:33 by 4Tesla »

The schematic GIF is corrupt. [FIXED] I got it from over on OU.com  The only way I can view it correctly is via Firefox.  Can anyone open and save as a jpg?

Edit: TutorialFE was able to make a clean jpg of the schematic! O0  I have updated OP.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-28, 01:42:32 by 4Tesla »

4Tesla ,

Here is a even cleaner version of the circuit.

GL.

4Tesla ,

Here is a even cleaner version of the circuit.

GL.

Thank you!  O0  I'll add to OP.

4Tesla ,

Attached is my best "GUESS" to what components to use
in this circuit. This version removed the unknowns in the
first posted circuit.

GL.

4Tesla ,

first posted circuit.

GL.

Thanks!  That is a good starting point!

EDIT; This is from a combination of two posts I made earlier today @ O.U.com....

my English is bad but I'll try to explain that you have no chance to tune Akula's  device if you don't know how it works. I hope Wesley  will  translate latest Akula's conversation on skype. but in short, Akula's devices is working on core resonance. It's different cores - different resonances. for example one Akula's core have 3,5 Ghz resonance. transistors switching time need to be shorter than this frequency. the high and low frequency generators need to be harmonics oscillators on  cores resonance frequency.
from start you need to find  core resonance that you have.
the transistors switches need to be switch on-off in one time
and there is more what to be explained but I hope somebody do better than me

Hello All:
I believe this to be relevant concerning ferroresonance and dimensional resonance:
and in relation to AC power systems:

"Ferro-resonance can generate overvoltages of upto 12 times line to ground source voltage upon opening a single phase device or poorly synchronised 3 phase device. Voilent failure can occur exposing personnel to the high voltage failure and accompanying conditions. Ferro-resonance conditions can result in damage to lightning arresters, switching devices, buried cable, transformers and associated equipment.
Ferro-resonance can be initiated when all of the following elements are present and the switching means at the dip point or takes off when a single phase device or an unsynchronised 3 phase device that does not operate all phases within 1/2 cycle.
1.System grounded at the source, but with no ground at the transformer bank
2. Shielded cable length or overhead conductor length sufficient to create the capacitance necessary
3. Transformer size that permits saturation of the iron core at the operating voltage
4. Transformer unloaded or lightly loaded.
Prevention or control of ferro-resonance can be by:
1. Using wye-wye transformer withboth neutrals grounded and tied to systems neutral
2. Using only phase-to-neutral (not phase-to-phase) transformers connections for single pahse transformers.
3. Limiting length of underground cable
4. For poorly synchronised switching devices, extra resistive load of 2% of the transformer capacity on underground cable. "
Ref:www.tpub.com/doeelecsafety/electri... safety

Food for thought, and it does correlate with the Russian stories of the cores self-destructing after a short runtime:

take care, peace
lost_bro

Some more useful quotes from over on OU.com

Quote from: tysb3
@ TinselKoala
first you need to find core resonance of yours transformer. It could be between 1-3,5 Ghz.
second, you need to adjust (without load and LF switch )  HF generator to resonate the core in his resonance for minimum current draw (I don't remember maybe it could be about 1mA ) from power suply. then try to play with 1 diod on load.
all transistors and diodes need to be possibly highest frequency.

Quote from: lost_bro
Good Day tysb3:

What is the recommended method to use in order to *find* the core resonance?

take care, peace
lost_bro

Quote from: tysb3
@lost_bro
you need to put some winds (not to much) on the core with connection from the middle  and connect "bottom" and middle wires to signal generator and "bottom" and "top" wires to oscilloscope. then it's need to put meander signal and seek smal "hills" on the top meander. the frequency of these "hills" will be core resonance.  I think it's not only method but this is what I understand from Akula's conference.

@All

I've checked the consumption of the LEDs in mA and saw that:

1 LED consumes 0.02mA

2 LEDs consumes 0.03mA

8 LEDs should consume 0.09 mA

A small button battery can deliver betwen 0.080mA to 0.140 mA

so in theory two button batteries in the series would be able to turn on 8 LEds

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
GL said:
first posted circuit.

Nice job on the schematic. One question: where is the two turn tubular ferrite inductor seen in some of the Akula ver 3 videos? The one in series with one of the transformer leads. Does it apply to this schematic or a different two chip (494) version, the one with the MW AS-25-5 power supply?

Regards, ION

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

GL said:
Nice job on the schematic. One question: where is the two turn tubular ferrite inductor seen in some of the Akula ver 3 videos?

Regards, ION

ION,

Did not see any two turn tubular ferrite inductor in the posted circuit. This circuit uses a ferrite core from an old TV
or data monitor. Looks like that anyway.

GL.

ION,

Did not see any two turn tubular ferrite inductor in the posted circuit. This circuit uses a ferrite core from an old TV
or data monitor. Looks like that anyway.

GL.

It is in the second video at the top of this page, seen at the very beginning, large item on the board, lies next to the row of LED's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP_Y0Le6Wg

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

There has been posted yet another version of the circuit over at OU dot com.
Attached is the hand drawing and my cleaned up version. I hope I got it right.

GL.

Yes, and neither of those show the aforementiond two turn inductor on the board, yet is clearly in series with one of the transformer wires.

Yes, and neither of those show the aforementiond two turn inductor on the board, yet is clearly in series with one of the transformer wires.

ION,

Can you make a screen copy of the transformer in the video and then show on the image where you see a coil loop?

OK, I it see now. That was a earlier circuit posted. In the picture under there is no 2 turn coil.

GL.

Good day All:

This just in this morning from O.U.com:

@ all
I'm very sorry for my mistake. ferrite cores resonance is in Mhz range, not in Ghz. It's to be right 1 - 3,5 Mhz

So now it make more sense..... 1-3.5Mhz is reasonable.

take care, peace
lost_bro

@All

I've checked the consumption of the LEDs in mA and saw that:

1 LED consumes 0.02mA

2 LEDs consumes 0.03mA

8 LEDs should consume 0.09 mA

A small button battery can deliver betwen 0.080mA to 0.140 mA

so in theory two button batteries in the series would be able to turn on 8 LEds

I don't think they are trick pots.

@all

All of Akula's previous devices required a huge heat sink.  Looks like he solved the over current/heating problem in this one.

I believe I found the core he used.  I posted it in the OP.

In this divice, need wery fats mosfet closing. Wery fast opening is not wery important, wery fast closing is important. Some mosfets can not wery fast close, so with they divice can not work as selfrunning.

Here how maybe can be find easy freroresonance. Take core and wound primary one turn and wound secondary one turn. On secondary put 10-100 omh resistor and oscilioscope. To primary put square and search resonance from 200 kiloherc to 4 megaherc about. Were you get on secondary mostly hight amplitude here and is feroresonance. You can chek to be shore that here feroresonance making primary and secondary not one turn but two or 3 turns, if frenquency be is same, then means you find fero resonance. TL can not generate more than 800 kiloherc, so if you find ferroresonance on let say 1200 kiloherc, then you can make duty cycle of TL494 let say 20 precents and then smash impulses to every second resonance vibration with 600 kiloherc. I can make somethere mistakes so not use my words like absolutlly true.

In this divice, need wery fats mosfet closing. Wery fast opening is not wery important, wery fast closing is important. Some mosfets can not wery fast close, so with they divice can not work as selfrunning.

Here how maybe can be find easy freroresonance. Take core and wound primary one turn and wound secondary one turn. On secondary put 10-100 omh resistor and oscilioscope. To primary put square and search resonance from 200 kiloherc to 4 megaherc about. Were you get on secondary mostly hight amplitude here and is feroresonance. You can chek to be shore that here feroresonance making primary and secondary not one turn but two or 3 turns, if frenquency be is same, then means you find fero resonance. TL can not generate more than 800 kiloherc, so if you find ferroresonance on let say 1200 kiloherc, then you can make duty cycle of TL494 let say 20 precents and then smash impulses to every second resonance vibration with 600 kiloherc. I can make somethere mistakes so not use my words like absolutlly true.

Good day All:

Please see below attachment;
The placement of the 2N3703 PNP transistors are configured to act as an Active Miller Clamp.
This will accelerate the discharging of the  Gate > Source Capacitance giving a *faster* falling edge on gate signal to MOSFET yielding *faster* turn off time for switching.

need wery fats mosfet closing

This correlates with the above quote from MenofFather......

take care, peace
lost_bro

For only windings who works on feroresonance need wery fast closing, for other winding is not wery important wery fast closing.

For only windings who works on feroresonance need wery fast closing, for other winding is not wery important wery fast closing.

When you say "close", do you mean like a switch or like a gate?

For example, if you intend to "close" a pipe, you would stop the flow correct?

I ask because T-1000 mentioned English and Russian terminology for this same event is opposite.

@All

With two small button cell battery LEDs light up well ...  ;D

I tried to do a search of the origin of the schemes ( Lantern 3) to get more information but I have not found on other forums ....

I want to know if all the schemes posted with signs of all the electronic parts are all right because I've difficult to find some components...

If you can even nominate each schemes (1,2,3)  so we will have a precise indication of the type of scheme that everyone are following ...

If anyone can redraw the diagram handwritten (I think is the russian scheme) become more understandable because there are also parameters to adjust the trimmers so I woulb be already in a calibration to made working the device...

It would good to have a circuit like Shark 01 for Lantern3

Cheers

Took a few hours to build this Akula dual 494 switcher. I tested both channels independently with dummy resistor loads.

Channel 1 Frequency range around 13 kHz to 400 kHz, duty cycle control, 0 to 45%

Channel 2 Frequency range  around 26 kHz to 800 kHz duty cycle control 0 to 90%

With five parameters and such wide adjustability, it would seem difficult to hit the sweet spot.

I used ten turn trimmers for good resolution of setting.

Note that one of the trimmers, the 10k hooked to pin 1 sets the voltage shutdown level.

Core and coil testing is the next phase.

@All

Time ago I found this chart on the frequencies of the land that should be used for devices free energy ... I hope is helpful
« Last Edit: 2014-05-01, 00:57:49 by TutorialFE »

@All

I've assembled the circuit with my little experience of electronic and wanted more information if anyone could help me ...

Question:

- The potentiometers are linear or logarithmic?

-  Capacitors 3nF must be ceramic?

- Seems to me that Akula has put a big ceramic capacitor in the device but in my scheme is missing.....

Thank who answer my question...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-28, 08:03:04