PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 05:06:26
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Author Topic: Controller No5 With Protection - Looking for Explosions  (Read 206854 times)

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
If you have the pulse compression, there are other experiments you can do besides looking for explosions and crackling.

Supposedly, you can apply the pulse to a bifilar voice coil (speaker coil) and something interesting happens.

Supposedly, magnets have a pulse rate where the magnet will come apart in tiny pieces.  You might want a protective container for this.

Aside from these ideas, you can try to figure out how the TPU operated:
How do you use the pulse to create a rotating field?
Do you need to sequentially apply the pulse to coils or can you connect coils in series and space them apart on a loop collector?

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Thanks for those idea's, but i do not seem to have any compression or HV peaks when monitoring the bifilar coil.
Just the normally expected pulse / ringing which now and then add up (in phase) or decrease (180° out of phase) when
sweeping the phase between the both pulses.

Figuring out how the TPU operated is a bridge to far as many much brighter people seem to have tried (or are still trying)
without results.

But i will play around somewhat more as i have some voice coils (not sure they are bifilar).

Itsu

tExB=qr
Poynt was able to simulate the compressed pulse in Spice if that helps.

Not everyone shared their results so I would not let that deter your own efforts.

Also, a high voltage pulse will produce the same results.

So i used Peters box with the below settings (see picture), but with 100 Ohm induction free resistors as loads.

Frequency:   1.039 Khz
Pulse width: 32ns (both)
Phase:      205.5ns (offset is about 15ns, so effective phase is about 220ns, see screenshot)

The screenshot shows in:

purple and green, the both pulses from Peters box, so input to driver (phase delta 220ns @ width 33ns)
Yellow and blue, the resp gate signals so output from driver (phase delta still 220ns @ width 58ns!)
White Ref1 and Ref2, the resp drain signals (notice both show 2 Pulses each, where i expected to see only 1 per drain).

Also see the drains pulse width is >100ns.

So if the 32ns is the optimum pulse width, the question is where to measure this?
Is it the input pulse like we have now, the output/gate pulse which is now 58ns, or the drain pulse (>100ns)?

And why do i see 2 drain pulses on each drain instead of the expected one per drain?

Itsu

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
crackling was always a lot more prevalent with a monofilar, one wire being driven by 2 fets connected together, something else I did with the bifilar coil experiments which seemed to increase the crackling was to use moving coil meters at the supply end, the other thing I did was to have all earth wire from everywhere the same length and star connected back to the supplies.

The process for tuning for crackles was to start with the coil voltage low, sweeping the phase from 0-255nS and gradually increase the supply voltage to the fets, once the crackles start fet death is not far away, if i remember correctly the voltage was between 30V and 50V.

Do try to work with the bifilar first as the monofilar is very unstable and fet death is always not far away.

Sometimes the crackles can be there and not heard by the ear but a small capacitive michrophone will pick them up, i was recording my videos using a PC with a cheap microphone plugged into the mic port and placed near the coils.
The other way is with a magnet placed near to the coils, you feel the crackling as violent physical pulling of the magnet.

PS
The last experiment i did and did not record properly which i should have really was to look to see if i could generate the big pulse by passively delaying the pulses.
I used 1 fet channel which was switching on and off for about 50nS, i then divided the current path into 2 wires and added fast diodes in one path to delay the pulses, if i remember correctly i then drove 2 coils (bifilar) with each current path, and after much time on the bench did manage to create the big pulse seen in my videos.

Question

Do you see the big pulse appearing when you sweep, because you should at least be seeing that even if the crackles are not there.

Hi Peter,

thanks for the info, good to know, but the strange thing is that i did have the crackling, sometimes very violent,
therefor i switched to 900V IGBT's to be able to withstand it.

But somewhere along the line i lost the crackling.

When i sweep (the phase from 0-255nS) i see on the scope (across the 50 Ohm bifi resistor) the both pulses (first almost overlaid), then gradually
more and more spaced, but both have heavy ringing on them.

This ringing amplitude i see being peaked and downed during the sweep, not sure if you mean this as the big pulse.
Its in the 20-50V range.

Any idea why i see the double drain pull down signal?  Could it the MOSFETs are so close they influence each other.

Itsu

tExB=qr

The other way is with a magnet placed near to the coils, you feel the crackling as violent physical pulling of the magnet.

Try this while scoping a coil around the magnet.  Wow!   Free energy!

Some may recall the Energea Celeste device the had the drive and collector coils around a magnet.

Buy me some coffee
So here is the discovery video of the pulse you should be seeing, this is using an earlier controller than the one i gave you, but it used the same delay chips but only 1nS resolution and only up to 255nS is possible, this pulse must be seen to stand a chance of getting crackles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMmtSpgAij4

and driving a monfilar with 2 fets connected and the phase set to a static delay setting, this also used a moving iron core meter in the coil feed and i was also scoping across this meter to monitor current, you can hear the effect of the crackles in the microphone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwtPIennXP4

Re your higher voltage fets, they maybe too slow to get the effect required, but if they are fast enough you should be getting the pulse.

Also here is a sound track of a mic close to a crackling coil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6eDKuF8n44

Current in a monofilar across moving iron coil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlWxiqcwIgI

Thanks Peter,

i managed to get the crackling back allthough its rather mild.

I see the PS (41V max) jump in and out of the current limiter when the effect (oscillation?) occure.
Also with the scope probe across my 50 Ohm load resistor i see the pulse (and ringing) and the extra noise then.

Looking at your first video i do not see such a nice pulse, and the second pulse never forms into such a peak like signal
Its more the noisy signal i see in your second video.

These pulses shown there are from across the load resistor also?

Itsu

Buy me some coffee
I don't use load resistors?

The pulse is there in the first video here is a snap shot from the first video and I outlined the pulse in orange

Here is a image of a monofilar setup, I would scope across the coil itself.

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=241.0;attach=1478

I have been trying to find a diagram of how I connect a bifilar, but no luck so far, but I connect the scope earth leads to the positive side of both coils and then use the 2 channels on the drain side of each fet, its the only way you can monitor both coils at the same time.

Hmmm,   no load resistor?   

Here:  http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=366.msg38415#msg38415   you mention:
"shown 80 Watt anomalous Pulses when 1 turn loop was loaded with a 20Ohm non inductive resistance."

I have a 50 Ohm resistor there.

So no load resistors?

Itsu

Buy me some coffee
Ah is that the experiment you are performing, I did not realize, so you have a bifilar wound around copper coated iron core coax cable, and the single turn loop of copper coated iron coax did have a load resistor yes ;)

OK,  thanks.      I will use a 25 Ohm inductionfree resistor as load in trying to replicate your pulse shown above.

Itsu

I realize that the video's from Peter above and the screenshot are from a different setup (no load resistor),
so its of no use trying to replicate, but the below video shows what happens when i monitor my single turn
loaded with 20 Ohm resistor during a 0-250ns phase sweep.

Freq. 200KHz
Pwidth 32ns
Phase 0-250ns
drains voltage 41V

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f62te4yRLXI

No crackling (or very faint) just some oscillations now and then (@ 70ns phase), no HV peaks, just some increase
in 2th pulse amplitude.

Itsu

Buy me some coffee
Those videos are still what you would get across your bifilar coil, the only difference is that you have a single turn loop with a load resistor with your bifilar wound on the loop, if you scope across your load resistor your are looking for a large current pulse, but first you need to see the pulse across the bifilar coils.

OK,  so i need to measure across the bifilar coils first to hunt for "the pulse".
This is tricky as there is 40V across the coils without ground.

Itsu

tExB=qr
try to see the pulse on the bifilar coil WITHOUT the iron wire core

Buy me some coffee
Yes that's right, scope both cannels across each coil, the positive of each coil should be connected together and this connects to the negative of the scope, it's the only way, but be carefull you don't have an earth connection from your power supply to the scope probe earth leads, I was using a battery powered scope and I also had a laptop based scope which of course was not even connected to mains to totally isolate from the supply

Grumpy,

Its not possible (without breaking up the bifi coil) to remove the iron wire core.

Peter,

my PS has its ground isolated from grid ground, so no problem there, just need to be carefull.

Used 2 HV probes with their ground leads to the common 40V of the bifi coils and the tips to the other end
(across the diodes so to speak).

Inverted the signals to get a positive pulse, see video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTPAhkgoLKI

No crackling or oscillations noticed somehow, probable due to the loads of the probes.
Freq.  was 1 KHz, sweeping phase from 0-250ns, pulse width again 32ns.

Itsu

Buy me some coffee
Hi Itsu
well you are getting the sharp pulse but there seems to be large noise after it, what diode type are you using across your bifilar coils

I use ultra fast diodes UF4007

Me too, also across the drain / source.

Itsu

Buy me some coffee
OK thanks

I don't remember using enamelled copper bifilar wire for the coils, for the moment forget the loop with the load resistor as we need to work out why all that noise is following the sharp pulse, try another bifilar coil that's straight but try using small guage PVC wire side by side to form a bifilar 20 to 40 turns each coil, then scope across the coils, if we get that noise then we know it must be the fet stages, if the noise disappears then we know it's the close coupled enamelled bifilar wire, I would guess it's the wire as we don't want strong coupling between each bifilar coil, infact it is possible to create the pulse with 2 monfilar coils 1 foot apart, I have a video showing this somewhere.

Thanks Peter,  i will see what i can do.

Itsu

Group: Professor

...once the crackles start fet death is not far away,
Maybe the crackling is from the transistors starting to avalanche.

...therefore I switched to 900V IGBT's to be able to withstand it.
...and these transistors do not avalanche as easily.

Group: Professor

When i sweep (the phase from 0-255nS) i see on the scope (across the 50 Ohm bifi resistor) the both pulses (first almost overlaid), then gradually more and more spaced, but both have heavy ringing on them.
If this is Meyer related at all, then this ringing would be detrimental to the purity of resonance inside the metal.
Also, in such case, external magnetic fields should influence the effect.

https://youtu.be/EDyxBWXp6IU

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 05:06:26